Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2016, 19:14   #106
BHPian
 
Aston Singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 324
Thanked: 151 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta 1.4 TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
To all your questions above, I can just sum it up in short, Its GERMAN, If it was me i wouldn't opt for something which is driven for 60,000 kms, Since we can never know how the car was driven in that period, You could buy the car and soon after you might have to pay bill's you were not expecting for, I would suggest, Why not pay a bit more and get a car which is used some were around 30,000 - 35,000 kms? Now i am not saying the one you saw could turn out to be bad, But we gotta take precautions, Something which is driven for 60,000 kms harshly or has spent most of its time in bumper to bumper traffic can bring up good big amounting bills, Specially if the tyres were not changed of the car you saw, Your looking at a direct bill of 50-60 k just for the tyres, I say look around a bit more, There is lot of jetta's on sale these days, IF your from pune and don't mind coming down to Mumbai, There are several jetta's here too.

You've pretty much penned down the exact thoughts that have been worrying me since the time I saw this car. The catch here is 60k kms clocked. The owner apparently has Audis/BMWs/Land Rover etc etc and this was primarily the car for local running around, at least that's what the dealer says but I never pay attention to such stories. But what's for sure is that the car has mostly or always been in the hands of a driver.

My family stays in Mumbai so I keep coming down there but a car driven in Pune anyday over a car driven in Mumbai since I am well aware and have personally experienced the madness out there w.r.t. road conditions and traffic.

Jetta TSI is hard to find, I can definitely see a lot of diesel Jettas up for sale. I feel the petrol would be enough for me and most importantly, maintenance of petrol should be less than the diesel (that's' what I feel, I may be wrong!)

So, at this moment, it's like 70% No and 30% Yes. Let's see where I end up.

Last edited by Aston Singh : 20th August 2016 at 19:16.
Aston Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2016, 19:20   #107
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,356
Thanked: 1,318 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta 1.4 TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
You've pretty much penned down the exact thoughts that have been worrying me since the time I saw this car. The catch here is 60k kms clocked. The owner apparently has Audis/BMWs/Land Rover etc etc and this was primarily the car for local running around, at least that's what the dealer says but I never pay attention to such stories. But what's for sure is that the car has mostly or always been in the hands of a driver.


Quote:
Jetta TSI is hard to find, I can definitely see a lot of diesel Jettas up for sale. I feel the petrol would be enough for me and most importantly, maintenance of petrol should be less than the diesel (that's' what I feel, I may be wrong!)
Yes true, The TSI version is hard to find, I say give the TDI a shot as well, Specially the lower variant of the TDI, It also becomes real VFM, Maintenance isn't poles apart, The Diesel to Petrol Rupee rate as well as the Average you would get would get things more closer.

Quote:
So, at this moment, it's like 70% No and 30% Yes. Let's see where I end up.
If you find a nice one in Mumbai, Hit me up, Will be glad to help you out checking out the car.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 08:45   #108
BHPian
 
Aston Singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 324
Thanked: 151 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta 1.4 TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post


Yes true, The TSI version is hard to find, I say give the TDI a shot as well.

If you find a nice one in Mumbai, Hit me up, Will be glad to help you out checking out the car.
Thanks. I'll see if I get good deals on the TDI. And will definitely hit you up if I find something in Mumbai.
Aston Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 12:32   #109
Senior - BHPian
 
McLaren Rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore
Posts: 2,317
Thanked: 379 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta 1.4 TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
So I checked out another TSI today. This particular one is somewhere around April 2013 registered and has clocked 59500 kms. I managed to get some details from VW service centre. Car was last serviced at 53000 kms, regular service but brake pads were changed. Prior to that car was serviced in 2014 at 37000 kms, again regular servicing.
You've rejected this car, which is good but be aware of some things to look out for.

This car went 16,000 km between two services. The recommended interval is 15,000 km. That tells you the owner isn't too particular about maintenance. Similarly, this seems to be a high running car since he has done 60k in just three years. But then, I would expect services at exactly the 15k, 30k and 45k marks. Why then is there a service at 37k?

With ze Germans, you simply cannot risk this sort of lackadaisical attitude towards maintenance schedules. If you find one that's been regularly serviced for a good price, by all means go for it. Jetta owners will then be able to advise you on what future maintenance will be required.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 13:12   #110
BHPian
 
Aston Singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 324
Thanked: 151 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta 1.4 TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
You've rejected this car, which is good but be aware of some things to look out for.
I didn't bother following up regarding this particular model. I am thinking it makes more sense for me to pick up a brand new GT TSI from CSD canteen instead look for a pre-owned Jetta TSI in the range of 6-8L.
Aston Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 16:51   #111
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,450
Thanked: 480 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta 1.4 TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
I didn't bother following up regarding this particular model. I am thinking it makes more sense for me to pick up a brand new GT TSI from CSD canteen instead look for a pre-owned Jetta TSI in the range of 6-8L.
Are you aware of GT TSI price from CSD? Last time when I checked, VW dealer from Chennai contacted me and said that VW cars under CSD are available from Chennai and not Bangalore/Hyderabad.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 16:53   #112
BHPian
 
Aston Singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 324
Thanked: 151 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta 1.4 TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Are you aware of GT TSI price from CSD? Last time when I checked, VW dealer from Chennai contacted me and said that VW cars under CSD are available from Chennai and not Bangalore/Hyderabad.
If I plan to pick up one then I'll do that from Ahmedabad. Out there ex showroom price is 7.94L.
Aston Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review mobike008 Official New Car Reviews 4309 23rd January 2017 21:51
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review Rudra Sen Official New Car Reviews 2793 13th January 2017 16:58
Volkswagen Jetta TSI (petrol) spotted. Could be a 1.4L TSI? Y@SH The Indian Car Scene 133 30th June 2012 15:34
Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 Litre Petrol (Trendline) Test Drive, Review & Photos Karizma Fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 18th February 2010 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks