Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2012, 06:14   #1666
BHPian
 
kaiserketkar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 182
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post

I had a similar issue & resolved it myself.

Details as under:-

Cause- I pulled out a mobile charger from the cigarette lighter adapter with the power supply ON (Ignition key was in accessory mode and powering the lighter. There was probably a minor spark because the mobile charger was pulled out with the power on. As a result the affected fuse blew.
What? Simply pulling out the mobile charger caused the fuse to blow?
I've done that n number of time in my cars and never has such a thing happened! Something is amiss, I think it's probably wise to have it checked out instead of avoiding doing it.
kaiserketkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 08:11   #1667
BHPian
 
Rigid Rotor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 236
Thanked: 124 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanvenu View Post
Hi all,

Encountering a problem with the USB playback. It just refuses to play newly copied songs from the USB. I tried renaming the folders, cutting and pasting back all the folders once, but it simply doesn't detect new songs. Please advise.
Try the following:
Ensure all music files are in a folder named MUSIC.
The MUSIC folder should be in root directory.
Do not put files more than two folders deep - you could put files grouped under album or singer named folders inside the MUSIC folder. Not any deeper.
Ensure USB drive is virus-free
If it still fails, try formatting USB drive to FAT32 format and re-try the process by putting the files directly under MUSIC folder.

@kaiserketkar - It could be a one-time incident. Or perhaps the charger circuit may be missing a feature to obviate small sparks. Not sure - however, its not worth pressing the alarm-button, at least not just yet!

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 9th December 2012 at 08:21.
Rigid Rotor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 09:56   #1668
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 9,828
Thanked: 2,942 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserketkar View Post
What? Simply pulling out the mobile charger caused the fuse to blow?
Possible.

Check for a loose wire at the charge point (inside). There's probably something getting shorted when you pull out the charger.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 14:21   #1669
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 2,870
Thanked: 3,351 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
Cause- I pulled out a mobile charger from the cigarette lighter adapter with the power supply ON (Ignition key was in accessory mode and powering the lighter. There was probably a minor spark because the mobile charger was pulled out with the power on. As a result the affected fuse blew.
That could a probable reason. Is there one more charging socket in the Duster. Why am I asking this is because I would like to share the experience of one of my friends who owns a Manza faced this weird problem.

After every few days his charger socket fuse would blow off. He tried all possible remedies, but was of no help. He took the car to the service centre & asked them specifically to use multimeter, which they did & while testing they found that a broken metal hair clip was inside the rear heater socket (manza has 2 sockets) That taken out all was fine they checked the circuit for any ground shorting but none was found. He then decided to tape the rear socket so this does not happen again.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 18:23   #1670
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,162
Thanked: 5,057 Times
Default

Siddarth Patankar of ACI confirms Duster 4x4 in India in March 2013. I had mentioned somewhere here that Renault plans to introduce 4x4 to counter Ecosport (Sourced from the internet)

Guys who want the 4x4 version should book one immediately to avoid long waiting periods when launched I guess!

Below tweet from SVP
Quote:
NDTV Exclusive: Renault India to export Duster to RHD mkts, badged Renault not Dacia. Will export 4X4 variant, avlbl in India by March. SVP
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 20:15   #1671
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 197
Thanked: 220 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Guys, for all of you who are still waiting for your Duster, could you share when you booked, what model it was, and when youre getting delivery? That way, if we collate enough responses here, we can get an idea if the dealer promised wait times are genuine or not.

I just called my dealer, and here is the estimate for my booking:

I booked:
Model:85 RLX (O)
Color: Red
Booked Date: Sep 10.
Initial promised time: Dec 1st week. Revised delivery estimate: January some time.

PS, if I change my red to a white or silver, supposedly I can get it next week.
torquing_points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 21:59   #1672
BHPian
 
Rigid Rotor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 236
Thanked: 124 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Possible.

Check for a loose wire at the charge point (inside). There's probably something getting shorted when you pull out the charger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
That could a probable reason. Is there one more charging socket in the Duster. Why am I asking this is because I would like to share the experience of one of my friends who owns a Manza faced this weird problem.

After every few days his charger socket fuse would blow off. .. a broken metal hair clip was inside the rear heater socket (manza has 2 sockets) That taken out all was fine they checked the circuit for any ground shorting but none was found. He then decided to tape the rear socket so this does not happen again.
The rear charging socket is clean - I checked it. Also, it has a protective cap that needs to be opened before use.

Thanks for the other suggestions - will action these at my level with a multimeter check and then escalate it at the next servicing.
Rigid Rotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 22:02   #1673
BHPian
 
agambhandari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Delhi,Ludhiana
Posts: 769
Thanked: 402 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious
Siddarth Patankar of ACI confirms Duster 4x4 in India in March 2013. I had mentioned somewhere here that Renault plans to introduce 4x4 to counter Ecosport (Sourced from the internet)

Guys who want the 4x4 version should book one immediately to avoid long waiting periods when launched I guess!

Below tweet from SVP
OT: SVP is not associated with ACI. He is with NDTV
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2012, 23:10   #1674
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 9,828
Thanked: 2,942 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
The rear charging socket is clean - I checked it. Also, it has a protective cap that needs to be opened before use.
@RR, all cars come with a cap for this socket. What I was trying to tell is to check for loose wires / in-correctly connected wires at the rear of the socket. You will need to take the socket out of it's position before you can check it. Were you able to do this ?
condor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2012, 11:17   #1675
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 39
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
Guys, for all of you who are still waiting for your Duster, could you share when you booked, what model it was, and when youre getting delivery? That way, if we collate enough responses here, we can get an idea if the dealer promised wait times are genuine or not.

I just called my dealer, and here is the estimate for my booking:

I booked:
Model:85 RLX (O)
Color: Red
Booked Date: Sep 10.
Initial promised time: Dec 1st week. Revised delivery estimate: January some time.

PS, if I change my red to a white or silver, supposedly I can get it next week.
Hi,

If you are in a hurry, which most of us tend to be, suggest you switch to a white or silver which are easier to maintain anyway...

Cheers!
Clouseau is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2012, 13:45   #1676
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai/Medellin
Posts: 1,556
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
Guys, for all of you who are still waiting for your Duster, could you share when you booked, what model it was, and when youre getting delivery? That way, if we collate enough responses here, we can get an idea if the dealer promised wait times are genuine or not.
One of my friends booked his duster last week and he has been promsied a delivery by next week end . I am not sure how this is being managed.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2012, 13:48   #1677
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 197
Thanked: 220 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
One of my friends booked his duster last week and he has been promsied a delivery by next week end . I am not sure how this is being managed.
Wow -- thats lucky! Was it 110PS? 85 has got a longer wait time I understand.
torquing_points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2012, 15:18   #1678
BHPian
 
suchit23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 149
Thanked: 247 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post

Wow -- thats lucky! Was it 110PS? 85 has got a longer wait time I understand.
I am at the dealer right now in Bangalore. And the SA is telling me there are 25 pieces of RXZs available of the shelf.
suchit23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2012, 16:29   #1679
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai/Medellin
Posts: 1,556
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
Wow -- thats lucky! Was it 110PS? 85 has got a longer wait time I understand.
It is a 110PS, White. Still I am surprise as I was told by another dealer 3-6 months minimum for the top end.
m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2012, 16:59   #1680
Senior - BHPian
 
rajshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,751
Thanked: 560 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
It is a 110PS, White. Still I am surprise as I was told by another dealer 3-6 months minimum for the top end.
I strongly feel its a trick by dealers/Renault to convert 85 booking into 110 or Rxz

If you analyze the pattern as observed in this very same thread, it goes something like those who booked 85 variants get to opt for the 110 bhp variant for immediate delivery.

I strongly feel greedy renault is taking customers for a ride by creating artificial waiting period for lower end variants and offering higher end variants at very very short intervals.

My tip for prospective Duster buyers, book the 85 Bhp RxL(O) and wait for a call asking you if interested in 110bhp RxL or RxZ ready for delivery next week

P.S: Just my observation. I dont have any personal grouse against renault
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Renault Duster AWD : Official Review Rehaan Official New Car Reviews 610 5th December 2016 13:12
Itís an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review h.s.r Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 86 17th September 2016 11:38
Renault Duster : Official Launch Report parrys The Indian Car Scene 758 21st July 2012 20:36


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:57.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks