Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2014, 16:16   #4126
BHPian
 
jaisha8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Trichur, Kerala
Posts: 353
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Enjoying Kerala rains, on the way to my paddy fields.
Attached Images
 
jaisha8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2014, 18:16   #4127
BHPian
 
HillMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 698
Thanked: 401 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
After a long gap I did some more extra mods on my Duster. This time it is the DRL lighting. Cost me 6k to get this done. The long light is the DRL Neon tube as in Audi DRL type and other one is the round type.
Awesome. Looks devilish at night. Are the DRL tubes stuck from outside or does it go inside the clear glass?

Neat job.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2014, 18:27   #4128
BHPian
 
jaisha8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Trichur, Kerala
Posts: 353
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Awesome. Looks devilish at night. Are the DRL tubes stuck from outside or does it go inside the clear glass?

Neat job.
Thanks Hillman. DRL tubes goes on the inside of clear glass. Lots of my friends commented a mean looking Duster with LR Evoque looks.
jaisha8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2014, 19:51   #4129
BHPian
 
Docster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Indore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

For some time now I have been experiencing a strange problem and I would appreciate the views of anyone else who has had the same.
On very hard braking, I can feel the break pedal give way and then brake. This happens a number of times during one braking. A loud 'Ghad' 'Ghad' noise comes and the car skids. It does not pull to any specific side but sure scares the pants off me if I am at a relatively high speed. I am driving a 85 Ps with ABS, RXL (O).
The Service guys say that this is happening in all the ABS fitted cars and the same does not happen in the Non ABS vehicles.

I am going to send the car again to the workshop tomorrow. So any info would be appreciated.
Docster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2014, 20:14   #4130
BHPian
 
HillMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 698
Thanked: 401 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docster View Post
On very hard braking, I can feel the break pedal give way and then brake. This happens a number of times during one braking. A loud 'Ghad' 'Ghad' noise comes and the car skids. It does not pull to any specific side but sure scares the pants off me if I am at a relatively high speed. I am driving a 85 Ps with ABS, RXL (O).
It does look like ABS in action. Why don't you take a test ride on one of the demo Dusters with ABS and see if your vehicle behaves any different.

On a fun note, saw this on FB and could'nt resist sharing.
Name:  ABSOnOff.jpg
Views: 1981
Size:  48.3 KB
HillMan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2014, 09:05   #4131
BHPian
 
Docster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Indore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

But should the car skid under any condition if it has ABS? This also happens at speeds of 20 KmPH. One needs to brake hard only in an emergency and if the car skids with the feeling that the break pedal has given way, it sure is a scary feeling.
Docster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2014, 11:31   #4132
Senior - BHPian
 
Sudipto-S-Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,289
Thanked: 242 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Can anyone please suggest a bicycle bracket/rack for my Duster? I want to carry my daughter's bicycle, preferably on the back door. Where are they available? Any good brand? If there is any thread on this subject can you please give me a link?
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2014, 13:05   #4133
BHPian
 
deepeshh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 91
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docster View Post
But should the car skid under any condition if it has ABS? This also happens at speeds of 20 KmPH. One needs to brake hard only in an emergency and if the car skids with the feeling that the break pedal has given way, it sure is a scary feeling.
This is definitely ABS in action as i had got the same feeling in my Optra Magnum. In fact while I was test driving the Duster demo vehicle, I had to do a sudden braking and the the vehicle skidded in a straight line before it came to a complete stand still. The demo vehicle which I drove had ABS too and I guess the skidding happens due to the momentum and the sheer weight of the vehicle which is quite higher than any sedan. Not sure whether the tyres were worn out though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
Enjoying Kerala rains, on the way to my paddy fields.
Lovely snap Jaisha and your Duster looks stunning with the lush green background. I see a chrome line on your window shoulder. It is an accessory and how much does it cost?

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 5th July 2014 at 22:06. Reason: merging posts. Please use edit option when posting within 30mins on the same thread. Next time infraction.
deepeshh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2014, 13:26   #4134
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 122
Thanked: 214 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docster View Post
But should the car skid under any condition if it has ABS? This also happens at speeds of 20 KmPH. One needs to brake hard only in an emergency and if the car skids with the feeling that the break pedal has given way, it sure is a scary feeling.
As far as my understanding goes, the whole purpose of ABS is to NOT lock the steering when breaks are applied, so that you can use your steering to control the car. Car may or may not skid when breaks are applied in a car which has abs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Can anyone please suggest a bicycle bracket/rack for my Duster? I want to carry my daughter's bicycle, preferably on the back door. Where are they available? Any good brand? If there is any thread on this subject can you please give me a link?
Try it from Thule, I've seen it on the back of many cars in Bangalore, and they look good.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 5th July 2014 at 22:03. Reason: merging posts. Please use edit option when posting within 30mins on the same thread.
gurha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2014, 14:42   #4135
BHPian
 
jaisha8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Trichur, Kerala
Posts: 353
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepeshh View Post
Lovely snap Jaisha and your Duster looks stunning with the lush green background. I see a chrome line on your window shoulder. It is an accessory and how much does it cost?
Deepesh, that strip is not an accessory, just came to my mind and used chrome sticker to give that look. You can get this in any sticker shop.
jaisha8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2014, 18:28   #4136
BHPian
 
deepeshh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 91
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

On a fun note, saw this on FB and could'nt resist sharing.
Attachment 1257655[/quote]

Superb illustration HillmanCould not be better......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
Deepesh, that strip is not an accessory, just came to my mind and used chrome sticker to give that look. You can get this in any sticker shop.
Jaisha, could you pl share some close up snap of the chrome sticker to get a better understanding. Looks cool from a long range.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 5th July 2014 at 22:00. Reason: merging posts. Please use edit option when posting within 30mins on the same thread.
deepeshh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2014, 19:26   #4137
BHPian
 
HillMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 698
Thanked: 401 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurha View Post
As far as my understanding goes, the whole purpose of ABS is to NOT lock the steering when breaks are applied, so that you can use your steering to control the car. Car may or may not skid when breaks are applied in a car which has abs.
Nope. ABS has nothing to do with steering. It is the wheels. If the sensors detect a wheel skidding/locked during hard braking, it reduces the brake pressure on the wheel to allow it to roll. This gives better stability for maneuvering to safety.
HillMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2014, 20:20   #4138
BHPian
 
terra85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: bangalore
Posts: 99
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Hi guys have just booked a Terrano 85 want to know if any of the Duster owners have gone for the extra seat and if so how useful is it to seat adults.
terra85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2014, 20:39   #4139
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 122
Thanked: 214 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Nope. ABS has nothing to do with steering. It is the wheels. If the sensors detect a wheel skidding/locked during hard braking, it reduces the brake pressure on the wheel to allow it to roll. This gives better stability for maneuvering to safety.
Oh yes, my mistake, I actually meant locking the wheels, so that you can still maneuver then when the breaks are applied.
gurha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2014, 21:01   #4140
BHPian
 
xjosephjacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kochi
Posts: 121
Thanked: 170 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra85 View Post
.. if any of the Duster owners have gone for the extra seat and if so how useful is it to seat adults.
That's just a wannabe child seat; practically impossible to seat someone who's taller than say 5 ft. Unsafe too, as it's a side facing bench without seat-belt/body restraints/grab handle.

I don't have it in my vehicle, but have checked it out in the showroom.
xjosephjacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Renault Duster AWD : Official Review Rehaan Official New Car Reviews 610 5th December 2016 13:12
Itís an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review h.s.r Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 86 17th September 2016 11:38
Renault Duster : Official Launch Report parrys The Indian Car Scene 758 21st July 2012 20:36


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:28.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks