Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2014, 08:38   #4396
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ghaziabad
Posts: 122
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Guess what !! (@diesellover and others) ,
I too got 'THE CALL' that RXL PLUS 85 could be 'arranged'... And I could come and take as soon as possible !.
So I went yesterday with checks... And there it was !! Brown RXL PLUS 85 diesel. Did PDI in workshop and took delivery also by evening.
On pointedly asking they revealed "management had kept one piece hidden/reserved/backup". But I strongely suspect that there are several pieces available if you push hard enough... They are just under pressure to sell the option(opt NAV ) because it is available in large numbers.
drasitkhanna is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 09:32   #4397
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 48
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
This pricing is bound to create some excitement out there
Good for those who delayed bookings...
http://www.team-bhp.com/news/renault...d-rs-1189-lakh
I had a test deive of the 4x4 Duster yesterday. It was the first time I was driving a Duster. On the exteriors, it has smoked headlights and the a set of black alloys. It has all the add ons like ABS, EBD, cruise control etc and 2 airbags on the RxZ model. its surprising that for a 16 lac car( OTR) it does not have elecctrical folding rearview mirrors or indicators on them.Strangley they are not body colored but stick out like a sore thumb in a matted chrome finish. On the interior, it has fabric on the seats and no armrest . the seats have only manual adjustments and it was proving difficult to adjust on the new test drive vehicle . The headroom is very limited , and I am only 5' 11' . On the other hand, I loved the easy ingress, and easy clutch and it really drives brilliantly. It was quite fun to take on some really bad patches and it handled very well.
If I compare it with the Captiva LTZ I drive currently, one feels really cramped and can immediately see the difference . Sure the Captiva is in a different price league but the missing add ons would have made the care feel more premium .
While the vehicle is great to drive, it does not have the bells and whistles I would like on a 16 lac car.
vgsr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 12:03   #4398
BHPian
 
DieselLover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kochi
Posts: 355
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
Guess what !! (@diesellover and others) ,
I too got 'THE CALL' that RXL PLUS 85 could be 'arranged'... And I could come and take as soon as possible !.
So I went yesterday with checks... And there it was !! Brown RXL PLUS 85 diesel. Did PDI in workshop and took delivery also by evening.
On pointedly asking they revealed "management had kept one piece hidden/reserved/backup". But I strongely suspect that there are several pieces available if you push hard enough... They are just under pressure to sell the option(opt NAV ) because it is available in large numbers.
This is interesting. I told them I am not booking Duster at all if 85RXL plus is not available. I got a call within 24hrs about this "last minute cancellation" by another customer..

Again, it is a Brown color car

Looks like it is a strategy by Company/Dealership to clear the stock of full option 85ps.
DieselLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 18:59   #4399
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ghaziabad
Posts: 122
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
This is interesting. I told them I am not booking Duster at all if 85RXL plus is not available. I got a call within 24hrs about this "last minute cancellation" by another customer..

Again, it is a Brown color car

Looks like it is a strategy by Company/Dealership to clear the stock of full option 85ps.
This was my constant grouse with them too.. That at approx 12 lacs it is absolutely not VFM. the plus variant is also not exactly cheap but still made more sense. When I also put my foot down that PLUS or NOTHING then only they relented..
My tantrums got me a final discount of .... Rs 42500 Rs !!!
drasitkhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 19:27   #4400
BHPian
 
DieselLover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kochi
Posts: 355
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
This was my constant grouse with them too.. That at approx 12 lacs it is absolutely not VFM. the plus variant is also not exactly cheap but still made more sense. When I also put my foot down that PLUS or NOTHING then only they relented..
My tantrums got me a final discount of .... Rs 42500 Rs !!!
That's a cool discount. What is the on road price you paid? In Kochi, there are no discounts on this version and they didn't budge at all. I paid 11.23L including B2B insurance.

Last edited by DieselLover : 1st October 2014 at 19:27. Reason: edit
DieselLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 20:12   #4401
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ghaziabad
Posts: 122
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

I paid 1115000. This is on road price (inclusive of insurance +zero depreciation charges+ rear sensors from the dealer ).
I totally agree with vgsr that this not a VFM car... I had a look at the 4W D and recoiled at the on road price of approx 14 lacs(RXL) ! No arm rest, foldAble ORVMs, no indicators on ORVMS, no heated seats, no leather, no electronic seat adjustment.. BASICALLY THE LUX ELEMENT is not there ..
But I think there is no serious completion to this type of CROSSOVER/SUV presently..and it will take advantage of it till somebody else comes along (an Ecosport AWD ! :-) ).
drasitkhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 20:19   #4402
BHPian
 
DieselLover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kochi
Posts: 355
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
I paid 1115000. This is on road price (inclusive of insurance +zero depreciation charges+ rear sensors from the dealer ).
I totally agree with vgsr that this not a VFM car... I had a look at the 4W D and recoiled at the on road price of approx 14 lacs(RXL) ! No arm rest, foldAble ORVMs, no indicators on ORVMS, no heated seats, no leather, no electronic seat adjustment.. BASICALLY THE LUX ELEMENT is not there ..
But I think there is no serious completion to this type of CROSSOVER/SUV presently..and it will take advantage of it till somebody else comes along (an Ecosport AWD ! :-) ).

Looks like in Kochi they already have discounts in place as the price you paid is not much different from mine or is it road tax difference?

I am also getting rear sensors from dealer.
DieselLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 09:49   #4403
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ghaziabad
Posts: 122
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Looks like in Kochi they already have discounts in place as the price you paid is not much different from mine or is it road tax difference?

I am also getting rear sensors from dealer.
The break up here is ex showroom 1036000 , comprehensive insurance 22838,zero dep 4381,logistics charges 8500(!),,registration tax (UP)85780 = totalling 1157499Rs. With sensors this would have added 7500Rs = 1164999 Rs. BTW I just saw ... This is a discount of 49999 rs ! Thanks
drasitkhanna is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2014, 20:06   #4404
BHPian
 
DieselLover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kochi
Posts: 355
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Took delivery of 85ps today. Drove directly to a tyre shop and replaced steep rims with Neo alloys (28k for set of 4). Initial driving impressions

1. Less turbo lag compared to swift.
2. Riding comfort and ability to take bad roads. It was a bit bumpy when I took delivery but back to normal after replacing steel rims. I think the Air pressure was very high during delivery time.
3. Vehicle feels almost dead around 1000-1500 rpm range. It stalled few times when I was shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. Need to figure out the reason and change driving style. My swift rarely stalled.

A short highway drive is scheduled for tomorrow. Need to see how it performs. As per manual we should not take it above 2500rpm for first 1500 kms.
DieselLover is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2014, 21:09   #4405
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,784
Thanked: 7,454 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
It was a bit bumpy when I took delivery but back to normal after replacing steel rims. I think the Air pressure was very high during delivery time.
Yes. That would at least 40+. Get it down to 30/31. That would be perfect. The other thing you can do is change the speakers to a component for the front and co-ax for the back. OEMs are literally pathetic.


PS: Congrats for the new ride. All the best.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2014, 13:45   #4406
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: HYDERABAD
Posts: 16
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Renault Duster : Official Review

Hi! fellow BHPians looking for some advice as this is my first new car purchase.
I am ready to buy a new Renault Duster RxL+. The On road pricing in the Proforma Invoice form is Rs 11,72,472.
The breakup is as follows:
Ex showroom ---------->9,99,000
Life Tax 12%----------->1,20,380
Insurance ------------->35,692
Handling charges------->9,900
Standard Accessories--->4,000
Permanent Registration-->3,500
Total------------------->11,72,472

The only discount i have been offered is Rs 4,000 worth of standard accessories free from the dealer and on further bargaining he offered another Rs. 10,000 worth of additional accessories free. The SA was unwilling to negotiate on insurance.

Any discounts and offers that i am unaware of? Is this a good time to buy OR should I wait till year end?


Thanks a lot in advance
allidzrused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2014, 14:45   #4407
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Banglr, Coimbtr
Posts: 320
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

I will skip the insurance from the Dealer and buy one on line. I did that with Bajaj Allianz and saved myself Rs 11K in Jan 2013.

Cheers
Waxeloquent is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2014, 15:16   #4408
BHPian
 
DieselLover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kochi
Posts: 355
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Yes. That would at least 40+. Get it down to 30/31. That would be perfect. The other thing you can do is change the speakers to a component for the front and co-ax for the back. OEMs are literally pathetic.


PS: Congrats for the new ride. All the best.
Thanks Ampere. Better speakers, seat covers, steering cover and horn upgrade is in pipeline. I think headlights doesn't require any upgrade. Visibility inside city was pretty much good. Need to check the lights on highway though.

I did a small highway trip with 5 adults, 1 kid and full boot (4 OEM steel rims !). Easy to drive in traffic but I felt like engine is straining a bit under full load. However, there was a significant difference in pulling power and it was very peppy during the return journey as I was travelling with just a co-passenger. I think load has a significant impact on the 85ps performance on highway. I managed to stall it again at a signal while shifting from 1st to 2nd :(

Few queries:
1. How does the power window lock work? I pushed the lock button at the driver side door but it doesn't seem to have any impact as people in rear seat were still able to roll down the windows
2. The doors are not auto locking. Is there anyway to activate this feature?
3. Even if the doors are locked (using the central locking button on the console) it can still be opened from inside
DieselLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2014, 15:45   #4409
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 7,417
Thanked: 9,315 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
3. Even if the doors are locked (using the central locking button on the console) it can still be opened from inside
This is the case with many modern cars. Even it central locking is activated, all doors can be opened from inside, but not from the outside. I think this is better for safety in case of an emergency.

If you have kids at the backseat - please use the child lock on the rear doors instead.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2014, 16:05   #4410
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,784
Thanked: 7,454 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Thanks Ampere. Better speakers, seat covers, steering cover and horn upgrade is in pipeline. I think headlights doesn't require any upgrade. Visibility inside city was pretty much good. Need to check the lights on highway though.
I am on stock headlamps. I am OK.


Quote:
I did a small highway trip with 5 adults, 1 kid and full boot (4 OEM steel rims !). Easy to drive in traffic but I felt like engine is straining a bit under full load. However, there was a significant difference in pulling power and it was very peppy during the return journey as I was travelling with just a co-passenger. I think load has a significant impact on the 85ps performance on highway. I managed to stall it again at a signal while shifting from 1st to 2nd :(
Dont expect it to be a beast. Its got just enough power to cruise on the highway. Whether full load or not, I never take beyond just above three digits. Thats it. Beyond that even I am not comfortable and I also feel the engine straining to deliver. Any more push and you would see your FE go down drastically. So I leave it at that.


Quote:
Few queries:
1. How does the power window lock work? I pushed the lock button at the driver side door but it doesn't seem to have any impact as people in rear seat were still able to roll down the windows
2. The doors are not auto locking. Is there anyway to activate this feature?
3. Even if the doors are locked (using the central locking button on the console) it can still be opened from inside
I think @CD already answered that question for you.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Renault Duster AWD : Official Review Rehaan Official New Car Reviews 610 5th December 2016 13:12
Itís an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review h.s.r Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 86 17th September 2016 11:38
Renault Duster : Official Launch Report parrys The Indian Car Scene 758 21st July 2012 20:36


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:28.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks