Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 6th August 2012, 08:01   #466
BANNED

Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Buxx, when you say the clutch feels different, do you mean it was a bit less hard? Or ?
It was definitely less harder, but I also felt the pedal seemed smaller than the 110. Maybe I remember wrong...
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 08:57   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
I had read your previous thread but since you were spoilt with the balenos handling and I am not a sedan guy I kept shut.
Given your requirements. I think you should hold on for the Eco Sport. I think it's gonna be one stunning looking compact SUV which might fit the bill for you.
Off Roadie; I am not a sedan guy in the pure sense of the word. I was a hatch guy earlier. Then drove the Baleno quite a lot after I bought her preworshipped and saved a lot of cash in the deal. I would buy an SUV if I got a good deal, a good SUV. Duster somehow seems to hit the sweet spot, eat bad roads with decent handling.

The EcoSport with the Ecoboost engine would be an alternative surely, but we need to wait for reviews, especially the 3 cylinder, would it be as refined as Ford claims? I am really looking for video reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
It was definitely less harder, but I also felt the pedal seemed smaller than the 110. Maybe I remember wrong...
Thanks, this sure is useful.
johy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 16:03   #468
BANNED

Can the Standard Renault alloys be painted black? and will they look good?

BUXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 16:25   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEN-TWEEL View Post
Its an after market h.r.s wheel 16*7j.
Hey Buddy, what's happening. No news for a long time? How's the Duster treating you these days?.
Anyways, you mentioned Alloys of 16 x 7J. Is that the standard size or an upsize? I'm searching through Renault website for the wheel rim description and all it says is 215/65- R16. So what is the proper rim width. 6.5J, 7J or 7.5J?
And more importantly, you have not mentioned the mileage your duster is returning. So do us a favor and fill us in on the details.
Neil Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 17:07   #470
BHPian

While the people who have booked Dusters are waiting, Virat Kohli who probably did not book is getting a Duster for free :(
thalavoy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 17:48   #471
BHPian

I have driven around 100 KMs this far and the mileage is shown as 11.5 in the dashboard indicator.It should probably increase over a period of time.
werfish is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 18:01   #472
BHPian

@ WERFISH,
and this is city driving or combined? and more importantly, what's the response from your neighbors and road presence, if any. Does Duster invoke any ownership pride as a status symbol?
Neil Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 19:32   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
@ WERFISH,
and this is city driving or combined? and more importantly, what's the response from your neighbors and road presence, if any. Does Duster invoke any ownership pride as a status symbol?
The drive was mainly in the City. Ever since i have got the Duster i have made lots of SUV owner friends .People (the real estate guys type) have come home to see the vehicle after seeing me drive it in the road.
werfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 20:55   #474
BHPian

Can the owners comments on noise and insulation level on highway >100 speeds.

Thanks.
niv26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 21:03   #475
BHPian

So guys any idea about the 85 review in our forum? The wait is killing the SOON has become a distant reality if any one come across 85 review in other site please post the link here for the benefit of our forum members i searched the net but could not find one worth.

@Driven-tweel @Werfish please post a detailed report of your initial ownership review this will help others in this forum don't forget to compare the city with highway ride.

@Neil Roy when is your vehicle delivery? I heard they are starting it from next Monday as far me i have asked little time to decide myself between Rxl(o)85 & Rxl110 after all its a big investment which i hope to keep it for another 6 years so i want to make myself double sure about my priorities and the choice where my heart is.

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 6th August 2012 at 21:04.
sathyaprakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 21:25   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you can get them painted but it wont last long - maybe a year or more - but definetly an economical option than going for another set of black alloys
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 21:29   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
@ WERFISH,
... and more importantly, what's the response from your neighbors and road presence, if any. Does Duster invoke any ownership pride as a status symbol?
Neil, frankly, I think this status symbol balloon was punctured in the late 2000s (say, after 2005 perhaps?), at least in large cities. Even a Civic (15 L OTR, B'lore) owner just passes as 'financially pretty comfortable' I guess. Folks are just used to seeing cars everywhere, driven by all kinds of people.

It's amusing but not surprising, to know about werfish's new real estate 'friends' attracted by the Duster. A temporary fascination for big personal vehicles will remain as long as there aren't too many people owning them. It will probably wane as we see greater numbers on the road (have a feeling that will take just a couple of more years).

Last edited by skandyhere : 6th August 2012 at 21:32.
skandyhere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 22:55   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy

Hey Buddy, what's happening. No news for a long time? How's the Duster treating you these days?.
Anyways, you mentioned Alloys of 16 x 7J. Is that the standard size or an upsize? I'm searching through Renault website for the wheel rim description and all it says is 215/65- R16. So what is the proper rim width. 6.5J, 7J or 7.5J?
And more importantly, you have not mentioned the mileage your duster is returning. So do us a favor and fill us in on the details.
Sorry for the delay. Got busy with duster and some work. I am really having fun with duster. Its become my pet.

My alloys are 7 j. The stock alloys are 6.5j. I have not upsized it from 215/65/16. It looks big enough with aftermarket rims which has better offset and j size.

My car is showing a mileage of 11 and 14 in city and on highway respectively. I had gone for a short trip to wayanad. Duster handles curves with confidence, but it is not great at handling. I felt it good enough.

Travelling comfort is excellent. All were happy after the trip. I did have a tuff time at hairpin bends, when i had to slow down coming to the corner. Second gear could

Name:  ForumRunner_20120806_224246.png
Views: 4662
Size:  427.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120806_224342.png
Views: 4676
Size:  486.0 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120806_225308.png
Views: 4702
Size:  624.2 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120806_224534.png
Views: 4713
Size:  520.7 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120806_224607.png
Views: 4617
Size:  560.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120806_224736.png
Views: 4544
Size:  480.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120806_224801.png
Views: 4262
Size:  589.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120806_224942.png
Views: 4236
Size:  554.3 KB

not take it and had to shift to first gear. It was good if i was on high rpm in second gear. The vehicle pulls really well in third and fourth gear and can overtake with ease on highways.

Im uploading some photos.

Last edited by DRIVEN-TWEEL : 6th August 2012 at 22:58.
DRIVEN-TWEEL is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 23:15   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
I have driven around 100 KMs this far and the mileage is shown as 11.5 in the dashboard indicator.It should probably increase over a period of time.
I got around 13.x kmpl over a 15 km drive in moderate traffic inside city. MID mileage, did a reset before the drive and drove normal. Test drive car.

Quote:
Don't think painting the alloy black would look good. The car could look more like it's on a stilt. You might want to try blackening the B-pillar. Someone had a photoshopped pic on the forum. It looked good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEN-TWEEL View Post
I did have a tuff time at hairpin bends, when i had to slow down coming to the corner. Second gear could
not take it and had to shift to first gear.
Turbo lag at play. Looks like 110PS is a bad car for sharp winding hill roads. Turbo lag + aggressive steering centering action (GTO's review) + a hard clutch. I am slowly veering away from buying 110 PS Duster.
idofsuresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 23:40   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idofsuresh View Post
Turbo lag at play. Looks like 110PS is a bad car for sharp winding hill roads. Turbo lag + aggressive steering centering action (GTO's review) + a hard clutch. I am slowly veering away from buying 110 PS Duster.
I can't wait to get performance info on the 85PS. I understand that it will not match the 110PS in highway overtaking, but I am keen to know its hill climbing capability.
I test drove the 85PS on Saturday, really enjoyed the the turbo kick.
sumeshmani is offline   Reply With Quote