Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 24th January 2017, 07:15   #5551
BHPian

Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post

I remember seeing somewhere that post 2015 AWD's fuel filter is more expensive than 2014 AWD's. I'm sure there are absolutely no changes, mechanical or electrical/electronics.
The earlier models used a cartridge type fuel filter and were fitted inline it seems. The newer ones are paper type and fit in a separate housing. This is what my FNG mechanic told me.

Also I'm unable to provide a source but while reading a duster maintenance blog on a some Indian car website I read the cost of the diesel filters as

2012 model-1.6k
2015 onwards model-2k
And Awd-3.5k

Realized then that the ASS had fleeced me at every service by charging for a AWD fuel filter. But as I said I can't confirm for sure coz my 2015 model fuel filter has been difficult to source and I've got very average kind of imported filter for 1.75k which I think was more coz it's very difficult to source so can't cross check the price

Ps-I've cross checked the Logan uses the previous cartridge type fuel filter.
mh09ad5578 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017, 00:20   #5552
BHPian

Fuel filters in post mid 2015 models are different and are expensive ~2 - 3.5k odd as you said. The 60 service is supposed to have ~16-17k including accessory belt. At 60k, accessory belt and tensioner are to be replaced and timing belt at 1.2L. However if the belt is not worn enough you can skip that as its only an accessory belt. I have seen many dusters and terrannos that are running on stock at ~85K, also it wont fail without much symptoms. Brake pads and specs are also different. Suspension warranty is only upto 30k kms. For more details on technical issues post in www.dusterclubindia.com (you can get DCi discounts for brake pads from Brembos.)

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 30th January 2017 at 00:23.
::CMS:: is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2017, 15:04   #5553
BHPian

Sajith, I read the content on the link you shared. What is the point in complaining to Grahak Suraksha? The owner should have sued Renault in consumer court. This is what I have been saying on all forums that overall product quality is inconsistent in vehicles manufactured in India.
deehunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2017, 11:45   #5554
BHPian

Default Re: Renault Duster : 40K km service

Today I gave my 110 PS (D) RxZ for the 40K service @ Anamallais, Cbe;

1. The estimate includes engine oil change, Filters - oil, air, AC & fuel, brake
oil change
2. Cleaning of brake & EGP (?)
3. Replacement of accessory belt (60K or 4 years advised)

Total estimate Rs15600, the accessory belt alone Rs7000 and total labor Rs1700.

The tire treads are worn (MRF Wanderer) and was advised replacement;
costs approx Rs8200 and surprisingly they did not suggest MRF but Goodyear,
Apollo... Michelin they said due to thickness makes more highway noise....

Friends who have gone through 40K service and tire replacement cycle,
can you comment/suggest on any or all of the points above?

Much value ideas.

Thanks and cheers
Waxeloquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2017, 12:57   #5555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
My Sandisk OTG USB 3.0 does not play in my Duster and is not even recognized; any idea how to make it work? Thanks.
Did you get it to work ? If not what is the current format ? If it is on NTFS I don't think it will work so try formatting it to DOS FAT32 and try again.
mac_guy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2017, 16:22   #5556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_guy555 View Post
Did you get it to work ? If not what is the current format ? If it is on NTFS I don't think it will work so try formatting it to DOS FAT32 and try again.
It works Honestly I do not know what I did; yes I did reformat to FAT and now it works like charm Cheers
Old 21st February 2017, 16:29   #5557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. The estimate includes engine oil change, Filters - oil, air, AC & fuel brake oil change
This is reasonable

Quote:
2. Cleaning of brake & EGP (?)
This is dealer scam item.

Quote:
Inspect the belt. Unless, it is frayed, you can push it to 60k kms without any issues.

Quote:
The tire treads are worn (MRF Wanderer) and was advised replacement;
MRF's are a bit noisey but lots of life. You can get it from MRF dealer for about 7K. Don't buy tyres from authorized service center.
4x4addict is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 11:44   #5558
BHPian

Default Ideas to get good price for tyres

How does one go about getting a good price for replacement tires for my Duster say in Bangalore or Coimbatore? Thanks. Cheers
Old 23rd February 2017, 14:36   #5559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Sajith, I read the content on the link you shared. What is the point in complaining to Grahak Suraksha? The owner should have sued Renault in consumer court. This is what I have been saying on all forums that overall product quality is inconsistent in vehicles manufactured in India.
We havent complained at Grahak Suraksha (some owner's similar complaint was found while googling)

Any part in any car can go wrong, it could be due to a direct reason or an indirect reason, its same for a nano and even a high end car. We can blame a manufacturer if the issue is consistent across the cars, which is not the case. I dont think this kind of issues can be found in the quality testing. However the manufacturer is supposed to find the root cause and rectify it.

As per the last update, they have changed the injector under warranty, still I have asked him to find the root cause of the issue as it can conk off again.

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 23rd February 2017 at 14:40.
::CMS:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2017, 22:16   #5560
BHPian

Default Re: Renault Duster : 40K km service

Quote:
2. Cleaning of brake & EGR(?)

Total estimate Rs15600, the accessory belt alone Rs7000 and total labor Rs1700.

The tire treads are worn (MRF Wanderer)
2.is not required as said by @CMS
3.see if only accessory belt can be replaced @60k service. The belt costs 1.6k only the pulley+belt is 8k+labour charges. Totally unwarranted for 40k service.
4.my mrf wanderers lasted 70k kms which was amazing value for money so I replaced them for 6.25k each in Kolhapur maharashtra. I was quoted 7k each for the same in karnataka
mh09ad5578 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2017, 16:39   #5561
BHPian

Anyone changed the brake disc yet ? I've covered 65,000 km, and the service center is recommending a brake disc change. There is absolutely no shuddering while braking however I can actually sense some wear and tear from the sound that comes while braking at high speeds.

How long does the disc's normally last ? What is the thickness of Duster's discs and what's the minimum recommended thickness ? Quote is approximately 7,000 INR for the set.

Last edited by xjosephjacob : 3rd March 2017 at 16:50.
xjosephjacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2017, 10:17   #5562
BHPian

On a recent week long trip, the car would shudder badly inching ahead in the first gear. I thought the clutch was a goner. It was not even in heavy traffic during that trip. Now back in the city, it's seeming fine. I'm factoring in a bit of wear anyways, considering its close to 40k running, half in city and half on long trips. What could be the reason for that particularly bad shuddering in first gear? Regular servicing is up in another 1000 kms. And btw, I'm not a 'clutch rider'.
Any ideas?
Shanmd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2017, 10:41   #5563

Hello everyone, I am contemplating to buy a SUV and am confused between the Duster and Creta. On evaluating everything and due to the offers on Duster, my decision is tilting towards the Duster. But recently I've been reading at a number of places that Renault is planning to discontinue the Duster after the launch of Kaptur. If its so then I'd like to stay away from Duster. Is anyone aware of any such news or update? Thanks in advance
SVS1806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2017, 14:41   #5564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVS1806 View Post
Hello everyone, I am contemplating to buy a SUV and am confused between the Duster and Creta. On evaluating everything and due to the offers on Duster, my decision is tilting towards the Duster. But recently I've been reading at a number of places that Renault is planning to discontinue the Duster after the launch of Kaptur. If its so then I'd like to stay away from Duster. Is anyone aware of any such news or update? Thanks in advance
I dont think anyone can tell that now. That will only be known closure to the launch of Kaptur.
Even if discontinued, spares wont be an issue given so many of them on the road.
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2017, 14:59   #5565
BHPian

Renault coming out with a CVT version of the petrol Duster. More info below...

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/exclusive-...from=home-auto
catchjyoti is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote