Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 29th June 2017, 17:02   #5611
BHPian

Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post

How is the car to drive? Any stuttering or lack of power? I had those issues too.
Yes here is notable vibrations, I did not drive it but was nearby and could easily hear an unusual vibration noise. It would be nice if you could paste the link to the other thread you were telling about.
arpanjha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 17:09   #5612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
Yes here is notable vibrations, I did not drive it but was nearby and could easily hear an unusual vibration noise. It would be nice if you could paste the link to the other thread you were telling about.
This is my i20 ownership review thread. I've shared a wee bit about the problems I faced with the Lodgy. Unfortunately, I had no solution to it. Anyway, here you go: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-i20-crdi.html (Joined the Elite Club - My Hyundai i20 CRDi)
swiftdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2017, 14:44   #5613
BHPian

Quote:
Also have a look at this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tor-issue.html (Renault Duster 110 PS - Fuel Injector Issue)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by penpusher View Post
I bought my Duster 110 PS in December 2012 basically after being convinced by this review & the outstanding ownership threads.
Hi @penpusher. Have you faced the injector problem later again till date?

Last edited by ampere : 3rd July 2017 at 17:13. Reason: back to back posts merged.
suchit23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2017, 17:17   #5614
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post

Good to see you on this thread after a long time (I may have missed too)! How has your ride been? I remember yours was one of the first few ones on the forum. Hence curious to know about the status.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2017, 10:06   #5615
BHPian

Question Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Hello Friends

Need a bit of help, advice and peace of mind( hate new launches )
  • I am approaching 40k mileage on my 31 months old 85 PS 2014 RXE Duster. I have faced following issues so far:
  • Brake pad changed 3 times so far and I am almost certain they will be changed again come next service.
  • Some clutch components were changed last year( at around 30k) which costed me around 20k.

I had a 1200 km trip Bangalore-Kodai-Ooty-Bangalore last month, I made the mistake of filling up from a petrol bunk at Kodai and after that, it felt like Duster wasn't ready to climb any hills. I hope I am right to think it was the bad diesel because, thankfully it did fine on Ooty Ghats after refilling the tank. Overall Fuel consumption average for the trip was around 17-18 which is great considering it involved a lot of ghat roads.

Other than this, I am a bit of spirited(bad on bad roads and good on highways but a little accelerator happy) driver and absolutely love the Duster, specially the ride quality(or only because of its ride quality and how it over takes my friend's Honda City on bad roads ) and I am actually very impressed with its highway manners on long drives( 2500 km Delhi-Bangalore was just amazing and want to do Bangalore - Leh - Bangalore Next year).
I don't have much to complain but still have some questions about whats in store for the future.

Few questions where I need your help and suggestions:
  1. What Next? How is the life with duster after 50k, specially between 50k-80k. I am almost certain I will change/upgrade after 80k. Service costs, Part replacements: Does it need a lot of those and how costly can that be?
  2. I have Apollos and they look alright at the moment. Will they hold till 60k.
  3. I understand the resale value is not great, but I am worried about the cost of keeping it down the line. Also, the price change of new cars because of GST(although nothing great) is messing up my mind.
    Will it be good to sell it at 50k(another 6 months) or keep it till 80k (about a couple of years)
  4. If I keep it, I will spend 20k on upgrading the ICE( still on stock and impossible to live with anymore). Any suggestions where to get it done in Bangalore(as close as possible to E city)

Thanks
SinghP09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 14:51   #5616

Hello Fellow Team-BHPians!

Need a bit of advice

I haven't had my duster serviced at it's second service interval and the car's odometer is nearing 20,000 km. I was abroad on deputation for the past 16 months and had to keep it at a relative's house during this interim.

I want to get it serviced now and would like to know what all should i be aware of that need to replaced/serviced.

Which service center in hyderabad has good customer service. Please recommend based on your experience.

Thanks
allidzrused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 17:17   #5617
Senior - BHPian

It's been 5 years since the current gen Duster is on sale. When we are expecting a total revamp? I believe it is the time to get an all new duster in India.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 17:35   #5618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allidzrused View Post
Hello Fellow Team-BHPians!

Need a bit of advice

I haven't had my duster serviced at it's second service interval and the car's odometer is nearing 20,000 km. I was abroad on deputation for the past 16 months and had to keep it at a relative's house during this interim.
How much have you driven the Duster after coming back, or not at all? How was the experience now? Also, was the car parked in the sun ( tyres? )?

I am not an expert, but I guess general checkup and normal service should be fine. There could be replacement required of some rubber parts.
I am not sure service will be free though. They generally allow about 2k km window.
SinghP09 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 23:06   #5619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghP09 View Post

[/list]
Thanks
[*]strange, mine lasted 50k kms. Have heard a few needed change at 20k kms but thrice is too much. The sa will overload if you are willing
[*]30k clutch wear is premature again I think sa just scammed you.

17-18kmpl is good milage and shows an engine in good shape.
[*]unless you listen to the sa and change parts irrationally I don't see significant costs post 50k kms
[*]I've seen my friends apollos dusted at 40k kms so I doubt yours will do 60
[*]I am 100k on my duster and didn't see any major expense once I sifted to the fng I think I can really use it for another - 100k without any major expense (maybe a clutch replacement) I don't see why you can't use it to 80k kms
[*] no idea about the ice mate!
mh09ad5578 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2017, 09:51   #5620

Quote:
How much have you driven the Duster after coming back, or not at all? How was the experience now? Also, was the car parked in the sun ( tyres? )?

I am not an expert, but I guess general checkup and normal service should be fine. There could be replacement required of some rubber parts.
I am not sure service will be free though. They generally allow about 2k km window.
Thanks so much for the reply

I have driven the Duster for a couple of days now and do not see anything alarming. The tyres look good, need balancing and alignment. The car was mostly parked under partial shade.

What could be the cost of the service if i am not offered the free service.

Thanks in advance
allidzrused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2017, 14:19   #5621
BHPian

Quote:
  1. What Next? How is the life with duster after 50k, specially between 50k-80k. I am almost certain I will change/upgrade after 80k. Service costs, Part replacements: Does it need a lot of those and how costly can that be?
  2. I have Apollos and they look alright at the moment. Will they hold till 60k.
  3. I understand the resale value is not great...
    Will it be good to sell it at 50k(another 6 months) or keep it till 80k (about a couple of years)
  4. If I keep it, I will spend 20k on upgrading the ICE...

Based on your inputs, approximate maintenance expenses for keeping your the car in good shape from 50,000 Km to 80,000 km would be:

Service Cost- 50,000 km- 6,000 Rs
Service Cost- 60,000 km - 16,000 Rs
Service Cost - 70,000 km- 6,000 Rs
New set of Tires- 30,000 Rs
Brake pads- 3,500 Rs
Brake discs- 7,500 Rs
ICE- 20,000 Rs
Insurance- 15,000 Rs

Total damage: 1 lac Rs approximately

My policy is to consider the car for sale when either when it's close to major scheduled service or if it starts throwing up problems. If you're planning to sell it off, I suggest selling it at 50,000 km (or rather 60,000 km) and not 80,000 km as is obvious from the figures above. Financially it makes much more sense retaining a car with not-so-good resale value as long as it serves you well.

Your Apollos would hopefully last till 60,000 km, since you said the tires look alright to 40,000 km. I changed my stock Apollos at 70,000 km when it probably had another 5,000 km useful life in it.

Changing brake pads 3 times in 40,000 km and a clutch service sounds unreasonable- something's seriously wrong here. Pads normally lasts 30,000 km. Clutches are good for 1 lac km and more. I know Dusters that have crossed 2 lac km, logans with 4 lac km that are still holding up really well.

Last edited by xjosephjacob : 8th July 2017 at 14:25.
xjosephjacob is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2017, 17:22   #5622
BHPian

Quote:
Also have a look at this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tor-issue.html (Renault Duster 110 PS - Fuel Injector Issue)

Hi, sorry for the delay. Fortunately, that issue has never again cropped up in my Duster.
penpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2017, 12:26   #5623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Good to see you on this thread after a long time (I may have missed too)! How has your ride been? I remember yours was one of the first few ones on the forum. Hence curious to know about the status.
Yo, sorry for the late reply. Yes I am very irregular here. My Dusty is reaching 1 lakh and no issues at all except for small things here and there. Looks like I am good for another lakh

How is it going at your end?
suchit23 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2017, 19:51   #5624
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How is it going at your end?
Pretty much likewise! Hitting close to 90K for now. And the car munches miles as if its a new one. FE remains a consistent 17-18 right from the start. For the first 3 years, I was doing close to 20k/year. It trailed off slowly. But still the highway and city drives continue to happen.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2017, 19:08   #5625

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_blr View Post
You can also request for the armrest top surface to covered with the same material as the seat covers.
Here are a few designs from them:
Attachment 1390332

Here is the design from my White Duster, nappa black with silver stitching:
Attachment 1390335

Go for an armrest colour which matches your seat covers.
Hey there @Falcon_blr,

The seat job looks super.

Could you please guide me regarding where you purchased / installed teh Center Arm Rest for your Duster. I have a 2016 AWD 110ps version which comes with a flimsy arm rest only for the driver seat.

Any guidance regarding installation will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

JM
josephrmathias is offline   Reply With Quote