Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 11th August 2017, 16:13   #5656
BHPian

Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

I found a nice ’feature’ that helps you get to the boot without unlatching the seat. Pretty useful if you are inside & want something from the back.

sridhu is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 18:59   #5657
Tgo
BHPian

A bit of an update. Had waited for quite long with the worn out key fob to change it. I had ordered the replacement part online from Amazon. There are a number of sellers offering the same part.The one I ordered was for INR 410/-. It is a very generic part which is available on a number of online stores. After installation I found out that the same is available on Aliexpress for about 1/4 th price.

Replacement was very straightforward.

Before
Renault Duster : Official Review-1.jpg

Old key opened.
Renault Duster : Official Review-2.jpg

Installed in the new key.
Renault Duster : Official Review-3.jpg

After
Renault Duster : Official Review-4.jpg
  • A bit of fiddling around to bend the terminals is required, in the replacement key-fob to establish the contact with the battery and chip.
  • Replacement key fob is Black whereas the old one was Grey.
  • Replacement one feels the same in weight and quality as the original.
  • Replacement key fob has plastic buttons which are slightly harder to press than the old one's rubber ones.
Tgo is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 20:07   #5658
Senior - BHPian

Duster owners and fans, any idea of next gen Duster hitting our shores any time soon? Current gen duster is already 5+ years old and I am seriously waiting for the new gen to come.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 21:14   #5659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
A bit of an update. Had waited for quite long with the worn out key fob to change it.
Silly question - how do you get to the screws ?

I got myself a flexible silicone fob cover from Amazon when I bought the Duster. It does an amazing job of protecting the fob underneath. It is as good as new after 3 years !
DriveTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2017, 06:43   #5660
Tgo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveTrain View Post
Silly question - how do you get to the screws ?

I got myself a flexible silicone fob cover from Amazon when I bought the Duster. It does an amazing job of protecting the fob underneath. It is as good as new after 3 years !
There is just one screw at the back and its easily accessible. I mean, you can't miss, it is the only thing at the back to look at. Easily opened with a Philips head even though its a Pozidrive screw head.

I did think of those silicone covers but did not want to increase the thickness. I also think the Silicone cover makes it grip a lot more than the original plastic. Wanted it to be easy to slide in and out of my pocket and not pull out my pocket lining with it when retrieving the key from it.
Tgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2017, 21:24   #5661
BHPian

Well, you guys can also consider the foldable key available in ali express. Costs just about 4 dollars. (The key filing took another 200 rupees tough).
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20170909_211738.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20170909_211721.jpg  

Last edited by nettooran : 9th September 2017 at 21:25.
nettooran is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2017, 09:54   #5662
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,

I just picked a pre-owned duster. It was tough decision to let go a petrol 1.5 titanium Ecosport for this cute 85ps diesel Duster. What made me think was when I sell later how many would be intrested in going for used Ecosport that is fuel guzzler ( Of course the trip meter shows it gives 9km/ltr in Bangalore traffic though interiors look more superior and of course features rich). But I use the car more than the small features like key less entry and alloys so I could compromise. Loved the ground clearance n torque for Bangalore stop n go traffic and unmatched driving comfort in its segment, we have an Innova and this has similar comfort with its suspension.

Need help in getting some accessories in Bangalore I love the chrome handles and chrome rim on the fog? Similar to the pic attached. Also any clue where I can get 4d high gloss carbon fibre wrap done for mirrors?

Any suggestions what would go best with grey colour car heard about Imperial leather in Bangalore want to get new clothes for the car :-).

As always thanks for all the advices provided by fellow bhpians.
Attached Images

Last edited by monster2 : 20th September 2017 at 10:02. Reason: Added a better image
monster2 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2017, 18:24   #5663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster2 View Post
Hi Bhpians,

I just picked a pre-owned duster. It was tough decision to let go a petrol 1.5 titanium Ecosport for this cute 85ps diesel Duster.
Hello, Congrats on your purchase & all the best, please share your experiences here. If you don't mind could you please share the Duster's model details(year,mileage) and the price that you've bought for? Also, isn't the clutch very hard for city usage?

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 20th September 2017 at 18:26.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote