Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2017, 10:02   #5731
BHPian
 
PapaBravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: KOL-DEL-LKO
Posts: 463
Thanked: 1,543 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
That's not very convenient isn't it. So i can't do a quick DIY air filter cleaning before long drives.

Regards
True. That is a bit inconvenient. Especially on certain roadtrips. I remember changing my airfilter (I always carry a spare) on the go on Changla Pass during my Ladakh trip. The dust had really clogged it and there was a change in performance.

Regards,

Pawan
PapaBravo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2017, 21:13   #5732
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,813
Thanked: 8,950 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Member ortho_surgeon puts forth the below query.

Quote:
How's the reliability of the duster. & How's the After Sales and Service in Bangalore?
..
Did you face any issues so far ?
...
I have 2 vehicles a swift Dzire done 95k km and Ritz 93k km.
So I'm thinking of changing one.
Responding back for the benefit of all.


I have driven the Duster for 5 years and staring at an odo trending to 1L. (Its 95K now). Mine is the 85BHP RXL(O). One of the best engines to drive in the city. Suits my driving style perfectly both for city and highway. There is hardly any grunt for the open road. At 100 itself you can feel the engine straining at bit (RPM at about 27000). But since I dont drive way beyond, this works for me.

Complaints: I did have my moments with the Duster. Slave Cylinder of the clutch was a nagging problem. It was fixed in the second year under warranty at 38K (odo). Till now no issues. Had an issue with the alternator. It was also replaced under warranty at about 50K. Apart from these two its been smooth sailing till date.

In general the Bangalore service has been quite good and responsive. Any problem they helped resolve. (But it also takes an effort on our own part to build that relationship)

My requirements for the car are quite stringent. With a daily commute coming down to 50+; I can hardly afford a down time. In that respect the car has served me well.

The ride quality has already been spoken by many. The only issue which one needs to over come is bad ergonomics. The seating and support is pathetic. I put on leather to bolster the seat.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by ampere : 30th November 2017 at 21:14.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2017, 23:10   #5733
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: London
Posts: 438
Thanked: 511 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
There is hardly any grunt for the open road. At 100 itself you can feel the engine straining at bit (RPM at about 27000). But since I dont drive way beyond, this works for me.
Straining at 100 KMPH, is it with fully loaded and with luggage? Asking this question since its been only a month since I picked up a used 85 PS RXL (O). I have been driving bigger engine (scorpio and Palio 1.6 GTX) vehicle and this is my first small engine car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
My requirements for the car are quite stringent. With a daily commute coming down to 50+; I can hardly afford a down time. In that respect the car has served me well.
I have similar requirement and I do around 65 KM per day in Bangalore traffic. Scorpio and Fiat served me well, hope Duster holds up the abuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The ride quality has already been spoken by many. The only issue which one needs to over come is bad ergonomics. The seating and support is pathetic. I put on leather to bolster the seat..
I specifically picked up the duster over sedans for its ride quality and GC. For the next 5-8 years Metro construction work will be going on the entire route I travel (Bannerghatta road-Silkboard-Ring Road-Graphite-SAP-Whitefield).

Even I found the ergonomic weird. The seat are hard and doesn't support well. My neck hurts in just one month of drive. But neither did Scorpio nor Palio has good ergonomics. I only want to fix the hard seats and improve the support, rest I can live with.
chandrda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2017, 23:37   #5734
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,813
Thanked: 8,950 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Straining at 100 KMPH, is it with fully loaded and with luggage? Asking this question since its been only a month since I picked up a used 85 PS RXL (O). I have been driving bigger engine (scorpio and Palio 1.6 GTX) vehicle and this is my first small engine car.
Surely the engine can take higher speeds. But what I meant is that fact that you can feel the engine is trying very hard. Beyond 100-110 it basic does not look like easy cruise. Hence I dont push it further. (Not my style anyway)

Quote:
I have similar requirement and I do around 65 KM per day in Bangalore traffic. Scorpio and Fiat served me well, hope Duster holds up the abuse.
Same here.

Quote:
I specifically picked up the duster over sedans for its ride quality and GC. For the next 5-8 years Metro construction work will be going on the entire route I travel (Bannerghatta road-Silkboard-Ring Road-Graphite-SAP-Whitefield).
Same reasons here as well. The ride quality is exceptional.

Quote:
Even I found the ergonomic weird. The seat are hard and doesn't support well. My neck hurts in just one month of drive. But neither did Scorpio nor Palio has good ergonomics. I only want to fix the hard seats and improve the support, rest I can live with.
You basically need to add firmness to the seat. That is why I added leather.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2017, 12:17   #5735
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 71
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Mine is the 85BHP RXL(O). One of the best engines to drive in the city. Suits my driving style perfectly both for city and highway. There is hardly any grunt for the open road.
Engine characteristics definitely make it better. Same logic like those of the KTM 200 and 390. The 200 was a better bike in the city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
I specifically picked up the duster over sedans for its ride quality and GC. For the next 5-8 years Metro construction work will be going on the entire route I travel (Bannerghatta road-Silkboard-Ring Road-Graphite-SAP-Whitefield).
Metro construction seems like a very popular reason to pick up a Duster I do the same route each day (see plenty of Dusters on that route) and one of the biggest reasons I picked it up, was all that construction and bad roads.
abhi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2017, 20:46   #5736
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 3,611
Thanked: 2,341 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

What is Renault's official policy on counter sales (spares)?
Where can one get the shop manual and parts catalogue?
Online retailers: - recommendations pls.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2018, 10:24   #5737
Senior - BHPian
 
deehunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,212
Thanked: 975 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Renault is going to hike the price of Duster along with Kwid and Lodgy by 3%, check the link below,

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/62085384.cms
deehunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2018, 10:06   #5738
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: chitradurga
Posts: 79
Thanked: 67 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Qyick update, Got my 120k service done at my fng for my 15 85ps duster

Timing belt kit-2.7k
Alternator belt-.48k
Fuel filter+air filter -1.8k
Engine oil+filter-1.8k
Labour-1.35k
Wheel alignment etc-.6k
Total 8.7k!

Fluids we are replacing at next service, mech says we'll only do coolant change no need for brake fluid replacement.

Already at 123k running great 👍
mh09ad5578 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2018, 20:04   #5739
BHPian
 
soumobakshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 294
Thanked: 559 Times
Default

Mh09 where did you carry out the service? Rates are much lesser than what we know from ASC
soumobakshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2018, 22:15   #5740
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: chitradurga
Posts: 79
Thanked: 67 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
Mh09 where did you carry out the service? Rates are much lesser than what we know from ASC
At my fng.I stopped taking my car to the ass after my 60k service bill turned out up to be a 30k +affair. Very happy with my car now after I switched to my fng.enjoying the low running costs and the car.
mh09ad5578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2018, 16:40   #5741
BHPian
 
Esu Junior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Calicut
Posts: 69
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Got my duster 110ps after 50k service.Bill was 6995.Apart from periodic service rear brake cylinder,front ball joint set,striker plate for doors got replaced under warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-1.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-2.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-3.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-4.jpg  

Esu Junior is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2018, 08:06   #5742
Senior - BHPian
 
deehunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,212
Thanked: 975 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

My BIL's Duster AMT continues to leak oil, the ASC has decided to replace the inter-cooler. I will post the service details after the vehicle comes back home.
deehunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2018, 13:43   #5743
BHPian
 
soumobakshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 294
Thanked: 559 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh09ad5578 View Post
At my fng.I stopped taking my car to the ass after my 60k service bill turned out up to be a 30k +affair. Very happy with my car now after I switched to my fng.enjoying the low running costs and the car.
Where do you source the parts from ? That's the only big issue when it comes to moving out of ASC
soumobakshi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2018, 09:12   #5744
Senior - BHPian
 
deehunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,212
Thanked: 975 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
My BIL's Duster AMT continues to leak oil, the ASC has decided to replace the inter-cooler. I will post the service details after the vehicle comes back home.
Update on this, the clutch and flywheel have been replaced under warranty for premature damage. This was not due to poor driving skills but a poor quality issue.
deehunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2018, 11:10   #5745
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: KL41-MH14-TN14
Posts: 88
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh09ad5578 View Post
Qyick update, Got my 120k service done at my fng for my 15 85ps duster

Timing belt kit-2.7k
Alternator belt-.48k
Fuel filter+air filter -1.8k
Engine oil+filter-1.8k
Labour-1.35k
Wheel alignment etc-.6k
Total 8.7k!

Fluids we are replacing at next service, mech says we'll only do coolant change no need for brake fluid replacement.

Already at 123k running great ��
Mouth watering prices BUT


Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
Where do you source the parts from ? That's the only big issue when it comes to moving out of ASC
Thats the question. Where do you or the FNG get parts from? I have been wondering the same, Since the Duster is a logan underneath (Dont get offended dear owners, as an auto engineer i think it is a compliment to compare the duster and logan) are logan parts being used? does that mean verito parts would work too?

I am at 58000Kms and i know 60k service is going to break my bank. Hence i would appreciate any help in this regard.

I did See at the ASS that the ORVM for my duster and logan have just the last digit of the part number different. and they look exactly the same but duster costs more.

Try the price for a OEM nissan terrano wheel bearing and Duster wheel bearing, duster costs double for the exact same part!

Can someone with more insider info about service tell how does the FNG source parts? are they non oem replacement parts? Nisan OEM? Renault OEM? Mahindra OEM?

Now for the rant part do not read further if you are in the mood to defend your darling purcahses.

This is one reason Nissan is not tasting success in India, The Renault Nissan company has done so much gimmickery (selling same engine as 2, then the same car as 2, then pricing the same service and parts differently that it has lost consumer trust. Next Nissan/ Renault Launch is awaited to see how many cars they will dress up the same car as.

I am happy with my Dacia Duster (Thanks to Dacia which made such a complete package without the frills that i dont care for) and thankful that renault manufactured it india with good quality, but only slightly happy with Renault as the service has been costly even though no major replacements so far.

Each time i see a Terrano service bill is when i feel cheated. And i have not looked at logan/verito bills because i do not want to spoil my mental peace but in do know they are far cheaper to maintain and that they share a large majority of parts with duster.......so....one starts thinking thoughts....an FNG.....hmmmm...

Last edited by Joe-Ker : 3rd February 2018 at 11:24. Reason: avoid multiple post
Joe-Ker is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Renault Duster AWD : Official Review Rehaan Official New Car Reviews 837 19th April 2018 12:01
Itís an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review h.s.r Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 86 17th September 2016 11:38
Renault Duster : Official Launch Report parrys The Indian Car Scene 758 21st July 2012 20:36


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:14.

Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks