Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 17th September 2012, 17:56   #121
BHPian

Default Re: 2012 Chevrolet Cruze : Official Review

@kch82, do you have any more new on the rumoured upgraded Cruze to be launched around Diwali/December this year? Like I mentioned in the Elantra thread, am trying to make up my mind about which car to pick. After a lot of thought, I find myself leaning towards the 2012 Cruze but then if there is an upgrade expected in another few months, I don't mind waiting. Will the upgrade be just a face lift or are there any new features expected? I think you mentioned in one of your posts that some changes to the interiors are expected, especially the ICE. Any more details on that and what other changes can be expected? How certain is your contact in GM about this?

Sorry for asking so many questions . Just eager to know more so that I can decide whether to wait for the new upgrade or go ahead with the current model.
sunny310c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2012, 18:30   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
@kch82, do you have any more new on the rumoured upgraded Cruze to be launched around Diwali/December this year? Like I mentioned in the Elantra thread, am trying to make up my mind about which car to pick. After a lot of thought, I find myself leaning towards the 2012 Cruze but then if there is an upgrade expected in another few months, I don't mind waiting. Will the upgrade be just a face lift or are there any new features expected? I think you mentioned in one of your posts that some changes to the interiors are expected, especially the ICE. Any more details on that and what other changes can be expected? How certain is your contact in GM about this?

Sorry for asking so many questions . Just eager to know more so that I can decide whether to wait for the new upgrade or go ahead with the current model.
I understand your eagerness as I was in the same state of mind for the longest time. My contact in Chevrolet has been reasonably accurate till now. As per the latest this new Cruze will now be launched after March 2013. This is however the last position as conveyed by the company HQ to it's dealers, but you never know.

Infant if you were to search this forum and the web, there is a YouTube video ad of the 'Perfect Cruze 2013' and the same model also features in the Homepage of a few Chevy global websites. It has the new Touchscreen system, fancy fog lamps and honeycomb grill. There might be a change in alloys and hopefully better tyres. I read somewhere that the new upgrade will also have a 2.2 engine. But aagin these are all hear say news and the accurateness of which only time can tell. I for one was tired of the wait and was assured by a few that the new model will not be launched this year for sure, so I booked the present model.

Hopefully I stay happy with it
kch82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2012, 14:14   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kch82 View Post
I understand your eagerness as I was in the same state of mind for the longest time. My contact in Chevrolet has been reasonably accurate till now. As per the latest this new Cruze will now be launched after March 2013. This is however the last position as conveyed by the company HQ to it's dealers, but you never know.

Infant if you were to search this forum and the web, there is a YouTube video ad of the 'Perfect Cruze 2013' and the same model also features in the Homepage of a few Chevy global websites. It has the new Touchscreen system, fancy fog lamps and honeycomb grill. There might be a change in alloys and hopefully better tyres. I read somewhere that the new upgrade will also have a 2.2 engine. But aagin these are all hear say news and the accurateness of which only time can tell. I for one was tired of the wait and was assured by a few that the new model will not be launched this year for sure, so I booked the present model.

Hopefully I stay happy with it
March 2013 is an even longer wait than I was expecting . This just adds to the confusion. Just can't make up my mind about what to do. Wish I knew what were they planning to offer in the 2013 version apart from the facelift (which isn't all that good) and the MyLinks ICE. If its just those two things, I will go book the present model tomorrow. Another thing that is bothering me is that given that we are almost in the 3rd week of September, how wise is it to book a car so late in the year, especially considering how it will affect the resale value? Is that even something I should be considering?

I just wish I could make up my mind and do it quick as this is just driving me crazy.
sunny310c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2012, 16:02   #124
BHPian

One thing I will tell you for sure that by the time the facelift will be launched around march expectedly already rumour will be doing rounds of a totally new cruze around in a year time- meaning these things will never end. If you want to buy a car buy it now if you can afford it.
drchernish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2012, 16:15   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
One thing I will tell you for sure that by the time the facelift will be launched around march expectedly already rumour will be doing rounds of a totally new cruze around in a year time- meaning these things will never end. If you want to buy a car buy it now if you can afford it.
I agree with the doc.

I too realised that waiting uplifts and upgrades is a vicious cycle. Buy the car now if you like it and can.

I am more confused on the ICE replacement. Also I am wondering that in case I do not replace the existing system, should I go for a tyre change. I read on the Cruze India group on FB that the stock tyres good enough and specially when 95% of my drive will be in city and I am not sure whether the less noise and better grip in the replacement tyres be appreciated in city driving conditions. Replacing the stock tyres will put be back by approx 30k Any suggestions
Old 18th September 2012, 17:04   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree with the doc.

I too realised that waiting uplifts and upgrades is a vicious cycle. Buy the car now if you like it and can.

I am more confused on the ICE replacement. Also I am wondering that in case I do not replace the existing system, should I go for a tyre change. I read on the Cruze India group on FB that the stock tyres good enough and specially when 95% of my drive will be in city and I am not sure whether the less noise and better grip in the replacement tyres be appreciated in city driving conditions. Replacing the stock tyres will put be back by approx 30k Any suggestions
IMO the stock JK's are crap. Change them as soon as possible, If you change them just after delivery, You'll be offered best buyback price for them.

So, I will suggest you to change them immediately after taking the delivery, Car like Cruze with loads of power and torque deserves better set of rubber

Better rubber- Good ride quality, Plus better grip and braking abilities. With 166 horsed under the hood, I am pretty sure, You won't be driving it sedately everytime, Will you ?

Cheers
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 18th September 2012 at 17:07.
sameerg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2012, 18:08   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
IMO the stock JK's are crap. Change them as soon as possible, If you change them just after delivery, You'll be offered best buyback price for them.

So, I will suggest you to change them immediately after taking the delivery, Car like Cruze with loads of power and torque deserves better set of rubber

Better rubber- Good ride quality, Plus better grip and braking abilities. With 166 horsed under the hood, I am pretty sure, You won't be driving it sedately everytime, Will you ?

Cheers
Sameer
Thanks. I am trying to find out as to what best buy back will I get on the Vectras. Also the stock size is 205/60 R16. I want to stick to the exact size only. Would you know what is the speed index of the stock tyres so that I can for similar speed index in the replacements ?

Also what is the possible buy back I can expect per tyre. Mobike008 suggested around 4000. I am looking for CPC2 or Apollos or tyres in similar price bracket.
Old 18th September 2012, 22:46   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I am trying to find out as to what best buy back will I get on the Vectras. Also the stock size is 205/60 R16. I want to stick to the exact size only. Would you know what is the speed index of the stock tyres so that I can for similar speed index in the replacements ?

Also what is the possible buy back I can expect per tyre. Mobike008 suggested around 4000. I am looking for CPC2 or Apollos or tyres in similar price bracket.
I guess buyback for JK's should be around 4200 or so, Try negotiating hard. I suggest you to look for tyre with minimum speed rating of 'V'.

I will suggest you to pick one from below mentioned options :

1- Micheling Primary LC- You will get best ride quality possible, with good road handling and braking capabilities.

2- CPC2- Hit among the cruze owners here on the forum, Will suit our type of road well.

You can't go wrong with both the tyres, CPC2 is cheap and provides decent grip as well, Whereas michelin will be on the expensive side compared to CPC2.

Cheers
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 18th September 2012 at 22:48.
Old 19th September 2012, 11:23   #129
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I read on the Cruze India group on FB that the stock tyres good enough and specially when 95% of my drive will be in city and I am not sure whether the less noise and better grip in the replacement tyres be appreciated in city driving conditions. Replacing the stock tyres will put be back by approx 30k
Absolutely wrong. JK tyres are really bad and is not at all suited for a car with so much power. Get the tyres changed as soon as you get the car from showroom or expect to lose lot of money when you change the tyres later on.

Quote:
For godsake dont go for apollo tyres as they arent really well known as a rounded tyre. Go for either CPC2 or Michelin or Yokos

Quote:
You can't go wrong with both the tyres, CPC2 is cheap and provides decent grip as well, Whereas michelin will be on the expensive side compared to CPC2.
CPC2's are cheap from which angle? When I was buying the difference between Michelin Primacy's and CPC2's were a mere a few hundred rupees per tyre

Btw, now my Cruze has 200 BHP on tap. Got the RD box fitted over the last weekend

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2906572
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2012, 11:40   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
CPC2's are cheap from which angle? When I was buying the difference between Michelin Primacy's and CPC2's were a mere a few hundred rupees per tyre

Btw, now my Cruze has 200 BHP on tap. Got the RD box fitted over the last weekend

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2906572
My bad then, I guess when i last saw the prices of both of them few months back, It was around 9500/- or so for CPC2 and Around 11000/- for Micheling PLC.

So, Difference is 1500/- per tyre, Above comment was made on the basis of this.

And ya, I saw the link, Awesome man, Your cruze now pumps out more power then updated Cruze

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 19th September 2012, 21:09   #131
BHPian

My black pearl has come and is getting ready for me. Yippee !!!
Attached Images

drchernish is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2012, 23:37   #132
BHPian

I took the delivery of my Cruze AT today afternoon. BUT immediately after deleivery while driving out I realised that the car was running towards the left side. I took the car back to the service station and the mechanic swapped the from left tyre to the right and vice versa. He also adjusted the alignment a bit and then took for a TD. The car seemed to drive fine then and He told me that the problem was a minor alignment setting. Somehow I found that hard to be believe that a brand new car would have an alignment issue. I told the mechanic that I was going to get the tyres replaced and he assured me that there will not be any problem with the replacement.

I went next and got the stock tyres replaces to Yokos 215/69 R 16 as this was the nearest size to the stock available. Though the drive has improved by at least 25% but in sometime the car again started to run to the left !!!

And this a new car...and so much trouble already. I do not think that this is just an alignment issue, I feel that even the steering wheel is not in the cane. In still it tilts a bit to the left and more so while driving.

I am livid and plan to give the dealer hell tomorrow and demand a replacement of the piece as a new car cannot go through so many adjustments and repair on day one. If any one could give their opinion on what the possible problem an be ? If its is a minor adjustment, I will be open to the idea of getting it done. But if it requires more work, I will not accept this piece.

My concern being that I have got the stock tyres replaced and the dealer would like to use that as an excuse to his defence. I hope this gets resolved or else hell will break loose on that dealership.
Old 19th September 2012, 23:53   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I took the delivery of my Cruze AT today afternoon. BUT immediately after deleivery while driving out I realised that the car was running towards the left side. I took the car back to the service station and the mechanic swapped the from left tyre to the right and vice versa. He also adjusted the alignment a bit and then took for a TD. The car seemed to drive fine then and He told me that the problem was a minor alignment setting. Somehow I found that hard to be believe that a brand new car would have an alignment issue. I told the mechanic that I was going to get the tyres replaced and he assured me that there will not be any problem with the replacement.

I went next and got the stock tyres replaces to Yokos 215/69 R 16 as this was the nearest size to the stock available. Though the drive has improved............My concern being that I have got the stock tyres replaced and the dealer would like to use that as an excuse to his defence. I hope this gets resolved or else hell will break loose on that dealership.
Congratulations for the car

It looks like an alignment problem to me, When you went to workshop to get it rectified and Then you drove your car, Was she driving well ?

And One more thing, After you replaced the tyres, You got the alignment done to new tyres ?

And, When you drove the car after getting it rectified from workshop and then after changing the tyres, Was she behaving the same way, or You noticed difference in both the times ?

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 20th September 2012, 00:04   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations for the car

It looks like an alignment problem to me, When you went to workshop to get it rectified and Then you drove your car, Was she driving well ?

And One more thing, After you replaced the tyres, You got the alignment done to new tyres ?

And, When you drove the car after getting it rectified from workshop and then after changing the tyres, Was she behaving the same way, or You noticed difference in both the times ?

Cheers,
Sameer
After I got the alignment adjusted on the stock tyres, I think the car was driving straight. After the replacement tyres, the tyre person did not do the alignment as he said that this is a simple tyre replacement process and it does not disturb the original alignment.

My fear is that this issue even of fixed tomorrow, will reoccur and then it will be too late to hold the dealer responsible. I have a feeling that my car was mishandled in logistics and when loading or unloading the car from the transport truck.

I'm just reading a few threads from users that have complained about their Cruze running either right or left immediately after delivery.
Old 20th September 2012, 00:07   #135
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: 2012 Chevrolet Cruze : Official Review

Quote:
After I got the alignment adjusted on the stock tyres, I think the car was driving straight. After the replacement tyres, the tyre person did not do the alignment as he said that this is a simple tyre replacement process and it does not disturb the original alignment.

My fear is that this issue even of fixed tomorrow, will reoccur and then it will be too late to hold the dealer responsible. I have a feeling that my car was mishandled in logistics and when loading or unloading the car from the transport truck.

I'm just reading a few threads from users that have complained about their Cruze running either right or left immediately after delivery.
Looks more like a alignment issue, Do get it checked tomorrow and update us the same.

BTW What was the buyback price and How much you paid for the new yoko's ?

And when we are expecting an ownership review and Pics. You must be enjoying 166 horses under the hood

Cheers,
Sameer