Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 30th May 2013, 13:48   #211
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Nissan Evalia : Official Review

Nissan Evalia has scored just 3-Stars in Euro NCAP rating . For more details please refer below link (courtesy Motorbeam):

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/nissan...nissan-evalia/
CARDEEP is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2013, 17:03   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Nissan Evalia has scored just 3-Stars in Euro NCAP rating . For more details please refer below link (courtesy Motorbeam):

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/nissan...nissan-evalia/
That's a good sign for our automotive industry. Car manufacturers are now offering safer vehicles to us. Others evalia competetors- toyota innova, bolero, xylo, enjoy, etc don't even feature in euro-NCAP tests, leave alone a 3 star.
But anyways, cars featuring in NCAP (or their ratings per se) donot hold too much value here in India as euro spec cars have curtain/side airbags too (in addition to front two) for arriving at NCAP star rating. The models sold in india (<20L)seldom have such safety features leave a few (i20, etc)
chaudh2s is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 18:10   #213
BHPian

Did anyone actually buy the Evalia. I have not seen any on road neither have I seen any initial ownership report here at Team BHP
saion666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 10:46   #214
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

Default New features to be added to Evalia

Disappointed by the very ordinary customer response to the Evalia, Nissan has acted! Taking into consideration the genuine constructive criticism of some of the vehicle's features (or lack thereof), Nissan seem to have addressed almost all of them. This was evident yesterday when they unveiled the Ashok Leyland Stile. I bet these features would make their way into the Evalia as soon as possible because the Stile, which is to be positioned slightly lower and targeted at fleet operators, sports them right from the unveiling.

The newly added features/improvements are:

1) Two individual "captain" armchairs with dual armrests for the middle row

2) Sliding windows in place of the earlier "butterfly" type ones on the sliding doors

3) Dedicated A/C vents for the second row passengers

4) Rear window wash/wipe

5) Rear glass defogger

6) Glovebox with a proper lid

7) Tyres seem to be 185/65R15 ones (from what I could make out in the pictures) as opposed to the skinny 165/80R14 variety

More information and pictures courtesy of IAB:

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/07/n...features-87774

These features should make the Nissan MPV much more comfortable and that much more desirable, making the Evalia a serious contender in its segment.

Nissan needs to find a way of providing these features, at zero or very little extra cost, to people who have already bought the Evalia - it would be a great way to build customer loyalty to the brand.

Last edited by RSR : 17th July 2013 at 10:54.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2013, 18:53   #215
BHPian

Posted in this section as per mods request

Pic taken today
Attached Images

abishek2222 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2013, 13:28   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
Posted in this section as per mods request

Pic taken today
What are they testing, the middle row windows appear to be the same butterfly type & the third row fixed ones. It appears that haven't changed anything on the vehicle .
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2013, 14:54   #217
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post

What are they testing, the middle row windows appear to be the same butterfly type & the third row fixed ones. It appears that haven't changed anything on the vehicle .
Yes, sadly the middle row windows are the stupid butterfly type ones.

They could be testing the Ashok Leyland Stile's engine on this one. The Stile seems to have the Renault K9K detuned to deliver 78PS as opposed to the Evalia's 86 PS. So it could be the 78PS version of the engine going through the necessary tests.
RSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2013, 19:49   #218
Senior - BHPian

Link to News Section

Although a couple of years old in India, the Nissan Evalia MPV is failing to find takers. Nissan India has gotten back to the drawing board to come up with an updated version of the Evalia, with the MPV's launch slated for tomorrow. Among other things, the updated Evalia MPV will come with a new top-end variant dubbed the XV-S.

Nissan Evalia : Official Review-2013-nissan-evalia-facelift-mpv-1.jpg

Priced at 10.55 lakh rupees, ex-showroom Delhi, the Nissan Evalia XV-S is pricier than the XV variant by 30,000 rupees. For the additional sum of money, larger 15 inch rims and a rear wash-wipe system will be offered as standard. Other variants of the Evalia (below XV) are likely to get the following new features:
  • Open-able window for the 2nd row
  • Closed glove box
  • Captain seats for the second row
  • Roof mounted AC vents

All these features have been added to the Evalia after gauging customer feedback. It remains unclear as to whether all variants of the MPV would get the new features. The 1.5 liter K9K turbo diesel engine producing 85 PS-200 Nm and the five speed manual gearbox combination, driving the front wheels of the MPV will continue unchanged on the Evalia.

Nissan Evalia : Official Review-2013-nissan-evalia-facelift-mpv-2.jpg

The Evalia's badge engineered sibling, the Ashok Leyland Stile, has already been launched in India, with a few of the aforementioned features. With the launch of the updated Evalia, Nissan India will be hoping that the updated version gains the much needed traction at the hustings.

Nissan Evalia : Official Review-2013-nissan-evalia-facelift-mpv-4.jpg

The Nissan Evalia, known as the NV200 globally, is available in both passenger and cargo carrying versions for international markets. For the Indian market, a cargo carrying version will not be made available in order to distinguish the Nissan Evalia from the recently-launched Ashok Leyland Stile.

Nissan Evalia : Official Review-2013-nissan-evalia-facelift-mpv-3.jpg

The Nissan Evalia, quite unlike the Ashok Leyland Stile, is aimed at the family MPV buyer and is accordingly sold through Nissan dealerships. Also, the MPV is priced well above the Stile and this differentiating approach will continue with the facelifted version as well. Both MPVs are built at Renault-Nissan's Oragadam factory.

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 14th October 2013 at 19:52. Reason: News Link Added
JayPrashanth is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2013, 23:05   #219
BHPian

IMO, and with no offence to anybody.
It still is a complete box with a tip.
Even Vanity vans look better than this.
devilwearsprada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 16:53   #220
Senior - BHPian

Default Updated Nissan Evalia : Now launched.

Based on customer feedback, Nissan has today launched the updated Evalia MUV priced at between 8.78 - 10.73 lakhs (ex-Delhi).

Evalia’s XE entry grade starts at just Rs 8.78 lakh while XE+ is priced at Rs 9.22 lakh.* XL and XL (option) variants are priced at Rs 9.80 lakh and Rs 10.05 lakh respectively, with the feature-packed top of the range XV and XV (S) grade available at Rs 10.48 lakh and Rs 10.73 lakh; all prices ex-showroom, New Delhi

Please note that a new variant (top-end) has been introduced - 'XV S'

New features:
  • Sliding window for the 2nd row
  • Sliding & reclining captain seats for the 2nd row
  • 15" alloy wheels in chrome
  • 2-din audio system with USB connectivity
  • Rear wiper + defogger
  • Anti-glare IRVM
  • Front row assist grip
  • Glove-box lid
  • Roof mounted AC blower unit (Dealer accessory)

A pictorial of the added features:

Nissan Evalia : Official Review-01dsc00596.jpg

15" alloy wheels in a chrome finish.
Nissan Evalia : Official Review-02dsc00605.jpg

Rear wiper + defogger.
Nissan Evalia : Official Review-03dsc00627.jpg

Nissan Evalia : Official Review-04dsc00611.jpg

Head unit now gets USB connectivity.
Nissan Evalia : Official Review-05dsc00612.jpg

Glove-box gets a flimsy lid.
Nissan Evalia : Official Review-06dsc00619.jpg

Front row assist grip.
Nissan Evalia : Official Review-07dsc00630.jpg

Anti-glare IRVM.
Nissan Evalia : Official Review-08dsc00629.jpg

Sliding & reclining 2nd row captain seats.
Nissan Evalia : Official Review-09dsc00613.jpg

2nd row AC blower is a dealer accessory.
Nissan Evalia : Official Review-10dsc00618.jpg

Controls for the 2nd row AC blower look tacky.
Nissan Evalia : Official Review-11dsc00632.jpg

Sliding window for the 2nd row passengers.
Nissan Evalia : Official Review-12dsc00621.jpg

3rd row AC vents have been retained.
Nissan Evalia : Official Review-13dsc00624.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 16th October 2013 at 11:54. Reason: Adding price at the top
parrys is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 21:05   #221
BHPian

Default Re: Updated Nissan Evalia : Now launched.

If this is the 'updated' version that Nissan has come out with based on 'customer feedback', I wonder what kind of 'customers' does the company have?

I mean the 2nd row AC vents look pathetic and cheap and why can't they introduce normal roll down windows at the back.

To top it all, the glove box lid simply blew me away. They should have left it open instead of covering it with what appears to be a strip of cheap cardboard.

Another feature that amazed me is that in the last row they have provided hanging handles like in public buses or Delhi Metro. I am not sure if it was present in the earlier variant as well but if it was it should have been replaced and if it wasn't there was no need to put one now.

Nissan what were you thinking? Have you gone nuts?

If you are gonna do something do it properly otherwise don't do it all.

Overall, the car exudes cheapness and in no way can take on the Innova or Ertiga. It is just pretending to be something it isn't.

I would happily buy the Eeco than this. At least I will get my money's worth.

Last edited by captain.torque : 15th October 2013 at 21:10.
captain.torque is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 21:29   #222
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain.torque View Post
I mean the 2nd row AC vents look pathetic and cheap and why can't they introduce normal roll down windows at the back.
Parrys post clearly says that AC vents are dealer fitted and not OE.

What I don't understand is why did they not add the floor mounted vent similar to the Ashok Leyland Stile. Strange. It looks much nicer:

Quote:
To top it all, the glove box lid simply blew me away. They should have left it open instead of covering it with what appears to be a strip of cheap cardboard.
100% agreed. Utter nonsense. Again very silly considering Ashok Leyland has added a proper lid in the Stile:

Quote:
Another feature that amazed me is that in the last row they have provided hanging handles like in public buses or Delhi Metro. I am not sure if it was present in the earlier variant as well but if it was it should have been replaced and if it wasn't there was no need to put one now.
This is not a handle to hold on to. It's the strap for the rear seats when you fold them up sideways:

Quote:
Nissan what were you thinking? Have you gone nuts?

If you are gonna do something do it properly otherwise don't do it all.

Overall, the car exudes cheapness and in no way can take on the Innova or Ertiga. It is just pretending to be something it isn't.
Agreed. This is nothing but a half hearted job. They didn't seem interested to do these changes but were forced to.

A wonderful package spoilt by silly pricing and even sillier marketing.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 15th October 2013 at 21:37.
Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 21:39   #223
BHPian

Nissan India's attempt to make a dud product success is unlikely get a good start. We must admit that Nissan has made commendable effort to make Evalia bit more appealing. Evalia will have to struggle to prove itself in Indian market. In my opinion it can be used as five seater only.

I think Ashok Leyland Stilo could be a better alternative.
MaxTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2013, 13:49   #224
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

So Ashok Leyland improved the Nissan Evalia in lots of ways and launched it as the Stile. To counter the Stile - this is a very cheap attempt from Nissan. I would have expected much better quality in a Nissan.
  • The glovebox looks like its about to fall off. Look the the huge panel gaps.
  • The middle row a/c unit looks so much after-market (read that cheap) with very uneven fittings. I am sure Nissan could have come up with a better unit rather than a dealer fitted one (especially for their launch car).
  • As mentioned by a lot - why not sliding windows for the mid row. Even a MAruti Eeco with bigger windows and sliding doors has sliding windows. This looks more like a sliding peephole on a house door.
    Name:  Sliding.jpg
Views: 2127
Size:  63.0 KB
v12 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2013, 16:28   #225
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain.torque View Post
Another feature that amazed me is that in the last row they have provided hanging handles like in public buses or Delhi Metro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
This is not a handle to hold on to. It's the strap for the rear seats when you fold them up sideways
I think captain.torque has a point here.

Like you said, the loops did exist earlier (for folding up the seats), but i think Nissan has modified them to be dual-purpose now and also double up as a handle. Note the difference :

Originally (small loops)

Now (like a hanging bus/train handle)

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote