Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2013, 12:15   #346
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,384
Thanked: 5,229 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post

3. 330i Highline 2012: 12k on odo, white with black and brown interiors, single owner, in good condition. Price: 27L

What do you guys think about the prices? I am sure the 330i is not worth for more than 20-21L but I am not sure about the other options. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!
The others don't make much sense to me. But this car if I'm not wrong has been on sale for over a year, and it was at 6k kms or less when it was first put on sale. I think you should be able to bargain this down even more. And the inline 6 is a beauty. I think 25 and below for this would be a good price.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 12:23   #347
BHPian
 
the_skyliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 327
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

The others don't make much sense to me. But this car if I'm not wrong has been on sale for over a year, and it was at 6k kms or less when it was first put on sale. I think you should be able to bargain this down even more. And the inline 6 is a beauty. I think 25 and below for this would be a good price.
Thanks akshay1234.

Are you sure that this car is there for more than a year? If that is the case then I wouldn't pay more than 20L for it and would ask for some freebies like mats, etc.

Also, is it a must to have 97 octane fuel for 330i or normal petrol is okay?
the_skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 12:25   #348
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,384
Thanked: 5,229 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Thanks akshay1234.

Are you sure that this car is there for more than a year? If that is the case then I wouldn't pay more than 20L for it and would ask for some freebies like mats, etc.

Also, is it a must to have 97 octane fuel for 330i or normal petrol is okay?
The reason it has been on sale for so long is because they haven't gone down on their price. These guys seems to love asking absurd prices.

20l will not happen to be honest. Have a look at the condition of the car, take a small td. Check there are no rattles, and that it hasn't been abused.

330i will work fine on normal fuel, but will be a bit better on 97.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 12:27   #349
BHPian
 
aditbelw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore/Naini
Posts: 155
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Guys cool down if I am not mistaken, I know this car, its a demo owned by Navnit motors (BMW Dealer in Bangalore), initially they quoted 37L for this and nobody touched it. Even at this price I doubt it.
If it's owned by Navnit motors, why would the seller say he is travelling abroad and for the reason it is for sale?
aditbelw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 12:49   #350
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 865
Thanked: 231 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditbelw View Post

If it's owned by Navnit motors, why would the seller say he is travelling abroad and for the reason it is for sale?
Looks like Navnit guys did manage to sell this car and may be the buyer is now in two minds about keeping it, that's the reason why he has not registered it in his name yet, if at all it is the same car I am thinking it is. Otherwise there is no chance that he can buy a new car and use it for this long without registering it in Bangalore. The Bangalore police has made it mandatory to register any new car before it is delivered to the first owner. Even the TR is issued by one of the Bangalore RTO, I still feel it must be the same demo car (320d sport). BTW Navnit has another black 320d luxury version which is also for sale for which they are quoting 36L for that, it has done 17K kms it's again a demo car.
zulfi hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 13:58   #351
BHPian
 
the_skyliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 327
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

The reason it has been on sale for so long is because they haven't gone down on their price. These guys seems to love asking absurd prices.

20l will not happen to be honest. Have a look at the condition of the car, take a small td. Check there are no rattles, and that it hasn't been abused.

330i will work fine on normal fuel, but will be a bit better on 97.
Thanks again. Will talk to them next week and if they agree to my price then I would pick it up. That will be my second NA car in the era of turbos (moreover twin turbo). I must say that the 330 felt a tad less than 320d in terms of performance. Especially the lack of low end torque was quite evident. Nonetheless it still is fun, IMO.

What do you think will be the resale value after three years? At least 10L? I also need to consider that this engine is discontinued.

It's important because the main reason to go for a used car is to have minimum description hit.
the_skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 14:59   #352
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,384
Thanked: 5,229 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Thanks again. Will talk to them next week and if they agree to my price then I would pick it up. That will be my second NA car in the era of turbos (moreover twin turbo). I must say that the 330 felt a tad less than 320d in terms of performance. Especially the lack of low end torque was quite evident. Nonetheless it still is fun, IMO.

What do you think will be the resale value after three years? At least 10L? I also need to consider that this engine is discontinued.

It's important because the main reason to go for a used car is to have minimum description hit.
Do speak to them but again I doubt you will get it for 20. They will drop maybe to 25, even 24 if you can bargain hard. Tell them that you know its been on sale for a while, and if they want to get rid of it they will need to offer you a good price.

The 320d is more fun in the city simply because its a diesel, and it is a pretty buzzy free revving motor. The 330i will be much more fun when you want to go all out, remember that motor has a brilliant 7000rpm redline.

Resale after 3 years will be around 10l as you put it, give or take a lac.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 08:53   #353
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,166
Thanked: 2,934 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhsha View Post
Guys please suggest which BSI should I go for?
option 1 Year: 5 KM:60K Money: 3Lac
Option 2 Year: 5 KM:100K Money: 4.43Lac
Option 3 Year: 6 KM:120K Money: 5.63Lac
It depends on your running. To me the 5 year/60k km pack makes most sense. If you think your car is going to run much more then probably take the 5year/1L km pack. The 6 year one does not make much sense according to me since you are paying a whopping 1.2L more for an additional year. if something major goes wrong after 5 years you can probably look at some after market options.
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 10:49   #354
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,010
Thanked: 229 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Thanks again. Will talk to them next week and if they agree to my price then I would pick it up. That will be my second NA car in the era of turbos (moreover twin turbo). I must say that the 330 felt a tad less than 320d in terms of performance. Especially the lack of low end torque was quite evident. Nonetheless it still is fun, IMO.

What do you think will be the resale value after three years? At least 10L? I also need to consider that this engine is discontinued.

It's important because the main reason to go for a used car is to have minimum description hit.
Very few 330i s were sold by BMW. If it is in good condition, you should try and pick it up. You would have a fairly exclusive car. That inline V6 is one the better engines they made and makes its power at higher revs. It will eat up the 320ds without breaking into a sweat. You can't compare petrol and diesel based on low end torque.
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 11:40   #355
BHPian
 
the_skyliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 327
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Very few 330i s were sold by BMW. If it is in good condition, you should try and pick it up. You would have a fairly exclusive car. That inline V6 is one the better engines they made and makes its power at higher revs. It will eat up the 320ds without breaking into a sweat. You can't compare petrol and diesel based on low end torque.
Thanks sandeep108!

If BMW sold very few of 330i then I am further concerned about the resale after 3 years.

As mentioned in my earlier post I am expecting 10L as resale after 3 years - that is when car will be 5 years old and two owners already.

According to akshay1234, 10L expectations after 3 years is realistic. What do you think?
the_skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 12:14   #356
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,166
Thanked: 2,934 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Thanks sandeep108!

If BMW sold very few of 330i then I am further concerned about the resale after 3 years.

As mentioned in my earlier post I am expecting 10L as resale after 3 years - that is when car will be 5 years old and two owners already.

According to akshay1234, 10L expectations after 3 years is realistic. What do you think?
You are saying this car is listed for 27L and at most according to akshay they might come down to 25. Isn't it better to go for a new 3 series which after discounts you have mentioned will cost you around 30-31L. The feel and peace of mind of a new car is unparalleled.
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 12:20   #357
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,010
Thanked: 229 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Unless it is the 320i, which is base and has almost no features, I do not think you will get any 3 series for 30L OTR. In fact if they put some decent features on the 320i, it is pretty decent engine/transmission package and would be a great value BMW.

The 330i can be compared to 328i, I think they cost almost 40L or more OTR 2-3 years ago, similar to 328i 45L odd current OTR. And both are fully loaded.

Last edited by sandeep108 : 11th November 2013 at 12:22.
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 14:01   #358
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,166
Thanked: 2,934 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Unless it is the 320i, which is base and has almost no features, I do not think you will get any 3 series for 30L OTR. In fact if they put some decent features on the 320i, it is pretty decent engine/transmission package and would be a great value BMW.
With discounts you can get the new 320d baseline which is fairly well kitted for around 30L OTR.
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 19:52   #359
BHPian
 
the_skyliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 327
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Okay guys, here comes a bummer. Yes not a beemer, unfortunately.

Spoke to the sales manager from BMW premium selection and asked him why the sales amount on original document of the car is shown as 27.7L when the ex-showroom was approximately 34L?

To which he answered, "It was a demo car (hmm now you tell me - I said) and then sold to an individual and so it is allowed to reduce that amount to have less tax."

Turns out it is a 2011 model. Which I think is still doubtful as I saw 2010 on the tyres.

Finally I ask him the best price to which he said 25L. I wished him a good day along with a good luck for this particular sale.

I am not going to another city to check used car options as I guess I would get similar offers.

So now the decision is between new 320d Sport line or 320i.

I guess it will be another five years before we start getting good pre-worshipped luxury cars offers in India.

Still if anyone knows a good deal on E90 three years old, do let me know.
the_skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 21:53   #360
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,166
Thanked: 2,934 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
So now the decision is between new 320d Sport line or 320i.
Any reason for shortlisting these 2 variants? Couldn't understand the 320i selection as it is a really stripped down variant. You would probably be better of with a 320d baseline.
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The ULTIMAT3 - F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust & Injen Intake! karan561 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 466 2nd December 2016 13:05
BMW 325i,320d or 523i??? EDIT Bought 320D Highline morphin1 Luxury, Imports & Niche 67 13th April 2015 13:57
First Impressions: BMW 328i (F30) from Gothenburg, Sweden anekho Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 8 15th August 2012 13:49
To buy or not to buy a 1996 BMW 328i Two Door Sedan snap316 Luxury, Imports & Niche 22 30th October 2008 22:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks