Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2014, 14:58   #556
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,166
Thanked: 2,934 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Is there any way by which I can enable the Bluetooth Music streaming on my 320d baseline? Currently the car supports only telephone function from the phone via BT route i.e. make and receive calls and also voice navigation. I had got really used to playing music via BT in my Altis and am finding it very annoying that such a small but convenient feature has been omitted specially when they have provided the calling functionality!
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2014, 15:31   #557
BHPian
 
gadadhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 688
Thanked: 151 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

I am running on 32 in front and 36 read both in city and highway. I found this comfortable after experimenting with various values in the beginning.
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2014, 22:04   #558
Senior - BHPian
 
ad3952n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Noida (U.P)
Posts: 1,589
Thanked: 1,832 Times
Default Spy pics of BMW 3 Series Hybrid 2015!!

Hi all, We all know that Hybrids and plug-ins are becoming big business these days and even the generally performance-oriented big brands are getting in on the action. These spy photographs of a modified 3 Series have just recently got clicked during some cold-weather testing.
Name:  bmw3seriesplugin3_800x0w.jpg
Views: 2887
Size:  95.6 KB
If the “Hybrid Test Vehicle” sticker on the driver’s door did not spell it out well enough then check out the hint of an electric charging port door just aft of the left, front tire should provide a hint to what BMW ’s working on. BMW’s iconic 3 Series is going electric.
Name:  2014bmw3seriesplugin2_800x0w.jpg
Views: 2588
Size:  77.1 KB
Not much is know about the power-train of this test mule, but we’d suspect it’s a similar set up to what BMW was testing with in the X5 eDrive . It featured a turbocharged four-cylinder paired to a 95-horsepower electric motor and advanced Li-ion batter back. The combo was good for a 0-60 time of less than seven seconds and an all-electric range of roughly 20 miles. Fuel consumption is said to average 62 mpg when both systems work simultaneously.
Name:  bmw3seriesplugin_600x0w.jpg
Views: 2318
Size:  55.9 KB
The gas engine, electric motor-combination would likely result in more impressive performance numbers in the lighter, smaller 3 Series. Pure speculation through educated guessing have us figuring the BMW 3 eDrive could achieve closer to 25 miles of all-electric driving and an increased overall fuel efficiency of 65 mpg. The X5’s all-electric top speed is 75 mph, but with less wind resistance, the 3 would likely reach closer to 80 or 90 mph.
Name:  bmw3seriesplugin4_800x0w.jpg
Views: 2672
Size:  82.0 KB
Only time will tell as BMW develops this and it i-line vehicles, like the upcoming i3 and uber-cool i8.

Thanks

AD

Source: http://www.topspeed.com/
ad3952n is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2014, 22:41   #559
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Delhi
Posts: 57
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Is there any way by which I can enable the Bluetooth Music streaming on my 320d baseline? Currently the car supports only telephone function from the phone via BT route i.e. make and receive calls and also voice navigation.
Nope. Not possible unless you change a device in your car. Already done R&D on this. There is a company in Europe that provides it, but too expensive (2500+ Euro) :(
Sunnysm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2014, 22:44   #560
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,166
Thanked: 2,934 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysm View Post
Nope. Not possible unless you change a device in your car. Already done R&D on this. There is a company in Europe that provides it, but too expensive (2500+ Euro) :(
Oh thats bad. I thought it would be possible by some software update trick, the way those guys keep unlocking stuff in VW cars!
Did you by any chance get time to think about the BSI?
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2014, 23:23   #561
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,384
Thanked: 5,229 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Oh thats bad. I thought it would be possible by some software update trick, the way those guys keep unlocking stuff in VW cars!
Did you by any chance get time to think about the BSI?
Should be possible, check f30post.com and see their coding section. I saw something there about bluetooth streaming.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2014, 23:32   #562
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: new delhi
Posts: 58
Thanked: 49 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I am running on 32 in front and 36 read both in city and highway. I found this comfortable after experimenting with various values in the beginning.
I used to keep 34 front and 37 rear with a decent load for highways. recently on a visit to the service center I got the treads checked and was surprised to see the rear wheels gone down to 3mm and the front wheel only gone to 6mm. new is 7-8 I think and the limit is 2mm. I think it happened due to excessive pressure. I do understand being a rwd the rear wheels will go 1st. but the mileage on my x1 for the new potenzas is just around 14000 km. The original pirelli tyres were changed to correct a right sided drifting at around 3000 km by BMW. Most of my driving is on reasonably good roads. the ride was hard at these pressures. But you must remember any highway run at low pressures is not good for the sidewalls as they will not be adequately supported by the pressure inside the wheels. BMW recommends around 35 -39 at full loads.
sunny1974 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2014, 10:01   #563
Senior - BHPian
 
ad3952n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Noida (U.P)
Posts: 1,589
Thanked: 1,832 Times
Default Re: Spy pics of BMW 3 Series Hybrid 2015!!

Update

Hi all, This time around the German automaker has removed the material concealing the cover for the electrical socket. The 3 Series plug-in is rumored to be called the 320e when it arrives on the market as a 2015 model.
Name:  bmw3seriespluginspyphoto3.jpg
Views: 1893
Size:  32.5 KB

Thanks

AD

Source: http://www.autoguide.com/
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2014, 22:48   #564
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Delhi
Posts: 57
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Did you by any chance get time to think about the BSI?
Not yet. Plan to think about it after April. Still time for the first service. Why block money in advance?
Sunnysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2014, 23:42   #565
BHPian
 
wingsoffires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 45
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Friends,
I have been in the market to get my hands on a new 3 Series.

I happen to find a Mineral Grey 320D with beige interiors purchased in September 2013 through a dealer whom I have known for some time. While I have never been a fan of second hand stuff but this seems to be tempting due to very less mileage on the ODO. I do not have all details as yet with regards to the manufacturing year and pack. I am guessing this should be a 2012 pack car assembled in 2013. I have been able to check the car for 5 minutes only from outside. Below are some of the thoughts and questions that I need advise on.


1. As mentioned that I have not been able to check out the car from inside as yet. Have been told by the dealer that the Car has been run for less than 200kms. Need to verify this by checking out the ODO. Hoping that this has not been tampered with. Assuming that this would not be possibly to change the ODO readings in such a high end car.

2. The Car is registered with a UP number. Although has been bought in NCR only. I being from Delhi would want to have this transferred to Delhi. I wanted to understand if there are any challenges in transferring the number from U.P to Delhi. Somehow the dealer is stating that the car cannot be transferred in Delhi registration. Not sure how true is that.

3. How can I make sure that the car has not been tampered with in any which way ? Can I get this thing checked from the official BMW Dealer from whom the car has been bought. Can I get any kind of help wherein the dealer can inspect the car completely.

4. Lastly and most importantly - what is a right price to pay for this car. During my negotiations a few days back with the dealers I was being offered a new car with UP registration in the region of 28.5 OTR price. The teambhp tool is showing a max value of 20.75 whereas carwale.com is showing a range of 20 to 24 lakhs. The owner in demanding 24-25 lakhs for the car.
Please let me know what should be the right price payable for this car.
wingsoffires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2014, 09:13   #566
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: new delhi
Posts: 58
Thanked: 49 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsoffires View Post
Friends,
I have been in the market to get my hands on a new 3 Series.

I happen to find a Mineral Grey 320D with beige interiors purchased in September 2013 through a dealer whom I have known for some time. While I have never been a fan of second hand stuff but this seems to be tempting due to very less mileage on the ODO. I do not have all details as yet with regards to the manufacturing year and pack. I am guessing this should be a 2012 pack car assembled in 2013. I have been able to check the car for 5 minutes only from outside. Below are some of the thoughts and questions that I need advise on.


1. As mentioned that I have not been able to check out the car from inside as yet. Have been told by the dealer that the Car has been run for less than 200kms. Need to verify this by checking out the ODO. Hoping that this has not been tampered with. Assuming that this would not be possibly to change the ODO readings in such a high end car.

2. The Car is registered with a UP number. Although has been bought in NCR only. I being from Delhi would want to have this transferred to Delhi. I wanted to understand if there are any challenges in transferring the number from U.P to Delhi. Somehow the dealer is stating that the car cannot be transferred in Delhi registration. Not sure how true is that.

3. How can I make sure that the car has not been tampered with in any which way ? Can I get this thing checked from the official BMW Dealer from whom the car has been bought. Can I get any kind of help wherein the dealer can inspect the car completely.

4. Lastly and most importantly - what is a right price to pay for this car. During my negotiations a few days back with the dealers I was being offered a new car with UP registration in the region of 28.5 OTR price. The teambhp tool is showing a max value of 20.75 whereas carwale.com is showing a range of 20 to 24 lakhs. The owner in demanding 24-25 lakhs for the car.
Please let me know what should be the right price payable for this car.
Just get the vin number and run it through the tool. If you want to know more details just ask the owner to take the keys to a bmw dealer and plug it in. You will get all details including exact mileage , average running in last few months and Any service complaints or any job done at the dealership(the cars history). If you need even more details plug in the cars ecu at the dealership and you can even get the history of all error codes. If that's all reasonably clean then you are safe. Mind you there will always be some error codes in all cars but as long as they are not serious you will be good.. Anyone having a new car in warranty/insurance would never get anything done from outside especially in a beamer. Since the car is new and hardly run sounds like a great deal. Take a 5 year bsi with the money saved and you wont get any surprises.That includes a 5 year warranty plus all services.You will be utilizing almost 4.5 years out of that which is great.
sunny1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2014, 13:50   #567
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,010
Thanked: 229 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

AFAIK BMW already has a model - AH3 known as Active Hybrid 3 series on sale in the US. I think it has the detuned 320i engine with an electric motor, putting out more bhp/torque than the 328i. Problem is that the extra weight of the batteries / motor, etc. ultimately results in slightly less performance figures and FE is only marginally more.

The one above seems to be more towards the 'i' all electric or combo - small petrol engine with electric drive only. The petrol engine only charges the batteries when needed.
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2014, 18:01   #568
BHPian
 
Bluebeem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 357
Thanked: 211 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsoffires View Post

4. Lastly and most importantly - what is a right price to pay for this car. During my negotiations a few days back with the dealers I was being offered a new car with UP registration in the region of 28.5 OTR price. The teambhp tool is showing a max value of 20.75 whereas carwale.com is showing a range of 20 to 24 lakhs. The owner in demanding 24-25 lakhs for the car.
Please let me know what should be the right price payable for this car.

The car would've cost anywhere between 36-39 lacs OTR depending on which state it was bought in.

So 27-28 lacs translates into 7-9 lacs discount for 200 km. I'd say it's a good deal. Came across some similar car on olx. All were 32-33 lacs.
Bluebeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 13:28   #569
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,166
Thanked: 2,934 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Can anyone confirm and tell me the price for BSI Plus + extended warranty pack for 5 years/60k kms for the BMW 320d ( F30) ? According to my SA it is 3.03L whereas another dealership in UP has quoted 2.7L for the same pack to another member on the forum. I thought these were standard rates across the country. Kindly throw some light on this.
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 17:28   #570
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 41
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Can anyone confirm and tell me the price for BSI Plus + extended warranty pack for 5 years/60k kms for the BMW 320d ( F30) ? According to my SA it is 3.03L whereas another dealership in UP has quoted 2.7L for the same pack to another member on the forum. I thought these were standard rates across the country. Kindly throw some light on this.

Price given by your dealer seems right. It's same here in Mumbai as well. Sometimes while buying BSI at the time of booking the car these dealers claims lower price which actually is adjusted in the total discount.
I also bought the same for 530d at the time of booking at 3.79 Lakh.
jaswant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The ULTIMAT3 - F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust & Injen Intake! karan561 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 467 4th December 2016 22:17
BMW 325i,320d or 523i??? EDIT Bought 320D Highline morphin1 Luxury, Imports & Niche 67 13th April 2015 13:57
First Impressions: BMW 328i (F30) from Gothenburg, Sweden anekho Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 8 15th August 2012 13:49
To buy or not to buy a 1996 BMW 328i Two Door Sedan snap316 Luxury, Imports & Niche 22 30th October 2008 22:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:58.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks