Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2016, 16:14   #1081
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 94
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

While closing the mirrors, the driver side rear view mirror makes a slight noise and closes with a little hesitation. Should I show it to the workshop? I check for anything stuck in between the moving parts, but could not find any. The non-driver side mirror has no problem. Can any expert help on this issue?
How to reset the trip odometer? I tried pressing the button on the stalk for long time, nothing happened.

Last edited by Fstlndrive : 20th August 2016 at 16:17.
Fstlndrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 14:38   #1082
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,387
Thanked: 5,239 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
While closing the mirrors, the driver side rear view mirror makes a slight noise and closes with a little hesitation. Should I show it to the workshop? I check for anything stuck in between the moving parts, but could not find any. The non-driver side mirror has no problem. Can any expert help on this issue?
How to reset the trip odometer? I tried pressing the button on the stalk for long time, nothing happened.
Yes show the mirror to the dealership, it may need some lubrication.

As for resetting the trip meter, look at the bottom left of the instrument cluster, there is a small black button. Just tap that once to reset the trip meter.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 16:21   #1083
Senior - BHPian
 
coolboy007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,712
Thanked: 1,411 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
While closing the mirrors, the driver side rear view mirror makes a slight noise and closes with a little hesitation.
Facing the exact same issue with my car, the driver side mirror makes a small squeal when opening/closing though i did not find that the mirror was struggling to open/close.

Gave the joint where mechanism is a dose of wd 40 spray and it stopped the squeak for a few weeks. Does not bother me much so did not ask the workshop guys to fiddle with it, the less these mechanics touch the car, the better it is.
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 16:25   #1084
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 94
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Yes show the mirror to the dealership, it may need some lubrication.

As for resetting the trip meter, look at the bottom left of the instrument cluster, there is a small black button. Just tap that once to reset the trip meter.
Thank you, I found the small black button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Facing the exact same issue with my car, the driver side mirror makes a small squeal when opening/closing though i did not find that the mirror was struggling to open/close.

Gave the joint where mechanism is a dose of wd 40 spray and it stopped the squeak for a few weeks. Does not bother me much so did not ask the workshop guys to fiddle with it, the less these mechanics touch the car, the better it is.
Thank you. I would give a dose of wd 40 spray first and if it continues, then will go to workshop as suggested by Akshay1234.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 22nd August 2016 at 00:39. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Fstlndrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2016, 14:03   #1085
BHPian
 
quickdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 937
Thanked: 1,061 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
While closing the mirrors, the driver side rear view mirror makes a slight noise and closes with a little hesitation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Facing the exact same issue with my car, the driver side mirror makes a small squeal when opening/closing though i did not find that the mirror was struggling to open/close.
Even I have the same problem, reported it a few times but problem always reoccurs. I guess I'll try the WD40 method that coolboy suggested.
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2016, 10:19   #1086
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 94
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post

Gave the joint where mechanism is a dose of wd 40 spray and it stopped the squeak for a few weeks. Does not bother me much so did not ask the workshop guys to fiddle with it, the less these mechanics touch the car, the better it is.
Thank you. I gave a dose of the spray, and as of now the squeak totally had gone and the mirror unfolds smoothly. Let me see how many days it could go without any problem. Hence, not planning to take to the workshop.
Fstlndrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2016, 12:33   #1087
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 94
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Headlight Condensation Problem

After the heavy rains recently in Delhi, the passenger side headlight has heavy condensation. The water droplets are also formed. At this stage, should I worry or leave it until the condensation dries out? Any suggestions would help.

The owners manual states that it is normal for the condensation, and it disappears after driving a while in the night with headlights on. But in my case, last one week or so, the condensation did not dry and the big water droplets are there inside wall of the headlight glass. Any suggestions to remove them would help.
Fstlndrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2016, 12:34   #1088
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 1,613
Thanked: 1,740 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
But in my case, last one week or so, the condensation did not dry and the big water droplets are there inside wall of the headlight glass
They will replace under warranty unless something has hit in which case you will need to claim insurance. It's not normal so get this rectified.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2016, 12:56   #1089
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 94
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
They will replace under warranty unless something has hit in which case you will need to claim insurance. It's not normal so get this rectified.
Thank you for your advise. Nothing was hit and no accidents. It is a brand new one month old car. I will call the workshop and ask for the rectification/replacement.
Fstlndrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2016, 13:19   #1090
Senior - BHPian
 
coolboy007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,712
Thanked: 1,411 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
Thank you for your advise. Nothing was hit and no accidents. It is a brand new one month old car. I will call the workshop and ask for the rectification/replacement.
As Turbanator has stated, this is not at all normal and would be changed under warranty without any issues unless they see any physical damage. This must be a manufacturing defect, do let us know how easy/tough is the warranty claim as these xenon headlamps are expensive.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2016, 14:00   #1091
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 94
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
As Turbanator has stated, this is not at all normal and would be changed under warranty without any issues unless they see any physical damage. This must be a manufacturing defect, do let us know how easy/tough is the warranty claim as these xenon headlamps are expensive.
Thanks. As per the owners manual states on page 226, "During cool or humid weather, the exterior lights can mist over. When driving with the light switched on, the condensation disappears after a short time. There is no need to replace the headlight glass.
If there is an increasing build-up of moisture despite the headlights being switched on, for example water droplets in the light, the manufacturer of your vehicle recommends having the headlights checked by a Service partner of the manufacturer or a specialist workshop."

I think my case falls in the second para. More than a week, the water droplets did not go and the mist is increasing. I called up the workshop and was told to send these pictures. I will wait for their reply tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review-img_1169.jpg  

BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review-img_1173.jpg  

BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review-img_1175.jpg  

BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review-img_1172.jpg  

Fstlndrive is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2016, 14:05   #1092
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,387
Thanked: 5,239 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
I think my case falls in the second para. More than a week, the water droplets did not go and the mist is increasing. I called up the workshop and was told to send these pictures. I will wait for their reply tomorrow.
That is definitely too much, do get it checked by the service centre. They will probably replace it under warranty.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2016, 14:09   #1093
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 94
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
That is definitely too much, do get it checked by the service centre. They will probably replace it under warranty.
Thank you for your reply. Just now wrote a mail to the SA to replace the headlight under warranty. Let me wait for his reply.
Fstlndrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2016, 23:05   #1094
BHPian
 
sinhsha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 166
Thanked: 69 Times
Default BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Mine also developed water droplet on a rainy day and despite driving with headlights on the water was not going anywhere. Though one long drive on fifth day luckily on a dry day got everything under control.
I had already taken appointment and they agreed to replace but then I cancelled the same. Go for a long drive out of city.
sinhsha is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2016, 07:59   #1095
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 94
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

"Water Droplets Problem Sorted Out"

Deutsche Motoren Experience: I had called up the SA who got me the car for fixing an appointment with the service team. He informed me that he can do and no need for me to call them and also told me to send the pictures of the problematic headlight. I sent the pictures to him. After two days, I called him and asked about the service appointment, he was surprised that the service team had never called me. This was repeated another time. Then, I contacted the Service Dept. directly and was told to take the car to the workshop. The service manager checked for any physical damage and none found. He had clicked few pictures and told me that he will send these pictures to BMW India for their approval to change under warranty, which should take 1 or 2 days (as per his words). After 5 days, no communications received. The customer treatment at the workshop was pretty ordinary, nothing special. For such a good customer care (for both car and customer), I would rate them with minus 5 stars (-5*).

Bird Automotive Experience: Before going to Deutsche Motoren (during the frustrated waiting period for their service call), and since Bird Automotive was close to my home, I took the car to them. Here customer treatment at personal level was way better than the Deutsche Motoren. The service manager and a service engineer checked the headlight for any damage and found none. To my surprise, that so called service engineer asked "Did you repaint this car?". I asked back "Does it look like repainted after an accident?, if done so you could check in your records." He left that place quietly. Then, the service manager brought the After sales manager. He checked and asked me "Did you drive this car under water?". I said "No (thought, it was not Ameer Khan's BMW motorcycle in Doom 3)". He showed me wet area over the headlight. I also showed the same kind of wet area on top of the other headlight (which had no problem of condensation). Finally, they told me that they should check for any physical damage by opening the bumper and then taking out the headlight and analyzing at 360 angle and needed the car for 2 days. I understood their experience in handling BMW cars and told them that I will come back later and I would rate this great experience with minus ten stars (-10*).

Best Service Engineer is "The Sun": In last two days of hot sunny weather, the Sun had dried out all the water droplets from the headlight and now it is as clean as the other headlight. I have some faith in the dust and pollution of Delhi to block the vents or leaks in the seal (if any) by next year, so that the same problem would not be repeated.

Overall, I would rate BMW India after sales service with Zero Stars (0*)., for such a great service provided to their customers through their dealerships.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review-img_1181.jpg  

BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review-img_1182.jpg  


Last edited by Fstlndrive : 11th September 2016 at 08:02.
Fstlndrive is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The ULTIMAT3 - F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust & Injen Intake! karan561 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 468 5th December 2016 20:44
BMW 325i,320d or 523i??? EDIT Bought 320D Highline morphin1 Luxury, Imports & Niche 67 13th April 2015 13:57
First Impressions: BMW 328i (F30) from Gothenburg, Sweden anekho Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 8 15th August 2012 13:49
To buy or not to buy a 1996 BMW 328i Two Door Sedan snap316 Luxury, Imports & Niche 22 30th October 2008 22:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:37.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks