Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 17th November 2012, 09:51   #196
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
vid6639; This is the dealer's responsibility to make sure he delivers the car at the right pressure level. Also, I did not have a pressure gauge when taking delivery except for an 8 year old VDO/Yenkay in my Santro.
If it was the dealer's responsibility to ensure all these things, then we wouldn't need a PDI check list would we.

The problem is the dealer's don't bother about it. There have been several cases of the dealer not even checking if the fluid levels were ok, some critical bolt left loose and a scissor left in the engine bay. Tyre pressure is probably the last thing they bother about.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2012, 18:00   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

I would have let it go, since they barely got three hours in the workshop, but the same had happened in the Civic. This was the Santro seven years ago was properly done.

Normal improvements observed after pressure reduction:

1.Steering more 'Honda like', ie heavier and more positive than the Santro.

2. Much softer behaviour over speed bumps.

3.Quieter interiors.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2012, 23:44   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
..Tyre pressure is probably the last thing they bother about.

Absolutely agree on this. My Brio was bouncy all around when i took it on highway and found out on the nearest gas station that the tyre pressure was 37-39 all round

I knew this on the PDI list and first thing to be done on gas fill up, but with a big queue, I skipped only to realize this later.

Fixed the Tyre pressure and now is much better with rear passengers not complaining at all.
Fraz33r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 13:56   #199

Anyone from Chennai who has been able to TD the automatic...have been following up with Sundaram Honda and Capital Honda and both dont have TD cars available yet and say they will have them by next month!
dsvikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2012, 19:55   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvikki View Post
Anyone from Chennai who has been able to TD the automatic...have been following up with Sundaram Honda and Capital Honda and both dont have TD cars available yet and say they will have them by next month!

I did take a TD of the Brio Automatic at Olympia Honda about 2 weeks back. There were only two cars that were alloted to Olympia Honda and I got to TD one of them. I am hearing that future shipments of the Brio AT from the factory to the dealerships will begin only in Jan 2013. Guess one would have to wait till then. Currently there is no stock available, not even a TD vehicle.

I do not understand the rationale of launching a new variant during Dussera but waiting for the new year to commence dispatches from the factory.

Last edited by rr_zen : 22nd November 2012 at 19:56.
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2012, 19:57   #201

Hello All,
This is my first post, I have been lurking around for sometime, soaking up the information on Honda Brio vs Maruti A* vs Hyundai I10 AT. Car is for my mother- a first time driver, and so auto was what we zeroed on. Actually this is the first vehicle in my family. Went for test drives of A* and Honda, and liked the later. Hyundai I10, I eliminated simply because of i10 AT Fuel Economy issues and also Hyundai service costs. To some extent also my moms choice of Brio (fit finish, rear space vis-a-vis the i10 & A*). Was hunting for a SO-AT which fitted my budget better, but had to go for V-AT as it was the one available. There are no discounts available for the AT version, I have asked all over Mumbai. Walked away, expecting them to relent, but no difference. I can testify to very little numbers on the Brio AT. Or the Dealers are hoarding them like commodities. I have booked a Honda Brio V- AT Alabaster Silver, at Apex Honda, Worli. My sales consultant was courteous and co-operative. Some of the details.

In this post, please find this group of symbols !*! to indicate I am specifically looking for comments/opinions

1. I was quoted a figure of INR 719267 and was offered Teflon polish, antirust coating, car mats and Car cover as a part of the deal.No extended warranty. !*! Sales staff were courteous, not pushy at all about optional service packages and styling packages, but declined any further discounts on anything or any freebies. Well, I did have the option of a doctors discount of about INR 3000/-, which both my parents are but could not avail as my mother wants the car in my name. Oh Well! In fact the Sales Consultant Mr. Ganesh advised to take up the extended warranty a little later - 2-3 months down the line to avail of some discount at which they will be offered.

2. Insurance is Honda Assure one- the STOCK one, I have opted for Bajaj Allianz. It was quoted at 19260/- I am not sure about it being Bumper to Bumper, or Comprehensive or whatever. !*! But reading up here, it seems that B2B or the Zero Depreciation option Insurance is better for plastic / breakable items. The other options were Iffco Tokio and some other one.

3. I am in a hurry, and he has promised delivery by weekend, while I paid about 60% upfront (cash +cheque), while the rest I have to pay by Monday. He has said that he will try and deliver the car on Thursday (which would be evening 5-6 pm) else positively on Friday (without RC book/smart card, which will come later - He said after about 3-4 weeks). Friday is ruled out since we are on an outing- a wedding actually for which we wanted to drive the new vehicle. The next option is the weekend, by which time he will be done, and I can take a look at during the daytime. !*! As regards the RC book/smartcard., in the interim, I will have a certificate (I forget it's name, which he said will be valid for upto 6 months from date of invoice generation).

4. Tyres will be goodyear. He said that Honda does not give dealers a choice of tyres in a particular batch. His batch seems to have Goodyears. I am not duly concerned as our brio will be driven sedately most of the time.

5. He said that there will be 3 stages for the car to cross before I get it:
a. Octroi -which he is going to do on the Monday afternoon / tuesday (after my payment reaches him, )
b. Passing - The place where the numbers are given to the car. I am not into numerology, hence I am ok with whatever number he gives.
c. Road Tax. - which will mostly be done on the THursday- and the car delivered in the evening. I am invited to visit the Sion showroom & workshop on the Thursday, to do a Pre Delivery Inspection. after 3pm. !*!

There is Guru Nanak Jayanti (my humble obeisance to the Guru) on Wednesday, which definitely throws spanners in the works from a time perspective (RTO holiday). Seen in conjunction with the tightest of schedules, I dont know when do I fit the Yard inspection (pre registration) which would be in Panvel where they stock their cars. Truth be told, I can probably hold up the car delivery for the wedding & take it on the weekend but the other members in the family are not so enthu about this.

Requesting opinions of the members who have bought the Brio (also others) to post their opinion and ask questions if necessary. I will be hooked on to the computer and will reply at the earliest.

I just want a happy, economical & hassle-free ownership experience. Part of my buying decision was forced by lack of AT options and the the other part was reliability & brand name of Honda. I may not be in the city after a year or so, but I want my parents to be happy with the purchase. Finally, I don't envisage reselling the vehicle, unless Honda has come up with a lemon, which I doubt.

Best regards,
Nishikant.

PS: Kindly excuse the longish post. Needed to put forth whatever I thought was relevant. If I have missed something, please ask, and I will post accordingly.
nishikant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2012, 15:19   #202
BHPian

So is the Brio AT the best game on town ?

or are there any competitors coming up in the next 6-12 months ?
rana_kirti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2012, 15:33   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishikant View Post
I have booked a Honda Brio V- AT Alabaster Silver, at Apex Honda, Worli
just saw your post now. did you manage to get the Brio? How about a ownership review?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post

best is subjective isn't it? I thought Brio AT was best, but I am more inclined to getting a i10 AT.
Brio would lead in
- fun to drive
- fuel efficiency
- service
- resale possibly?
i10 would lead in
- looks
- space (subjective again), but I am considering rear space as well. Find Brio claustrophobic at the back.
- ease to get in and off. Tall boy design
- gadet-ty?
A Star would lead in
- price bracket

The Ritz AT has be rumored for a while, shown on the official website site as well, but has made no further progress than that. The Sail-UVA AT, Renault Scala AT are also expected. Possibly the Amaze in the AT Petrol avatar, but none have an official launch date. If you can wait, you may end up waiting all the time, because there will be something or the other around the corner.

Last edited by kmadhok : 4th December 2012 at 15:35. Reason: added the missing quote
kmadhok is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2012, 15:37   #204
BHPian

Quote:

You have the new Ritz petrol AT and i guess a polo AT is also expected
rxpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2012, 16:03   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I bought one, so to me it is!

Got about 29.5k worth of accessories fitted on Wednesday. Reversing Sensors, Illuminated Sills, Bumper Protectors (front & rear), Rubber Side Strip and 5th Alloy at the time of the 1 month inspection.
Old 4th December 2012, 19:14   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
just saw your post now. did you manage to get the Brio? How about a ownership review?

best is subjective isn't it? I thought Brio AT was best, but I am more inclined to getting a i10 AT.
Brio would lead in
- fun to drive
- fuel efficiency
- service
- resale possibly?
i10 would lead in
- looks
- space (subjective again), but I am considering rear space as well. Find Brio claustrophobic at the back.
- ease to get in and off. Tall boy design
- gadet-ty?
A Star would lead in
- price bracket

The Ritz AT has be rumored for a while, shown on the official website site as well, but has made no further progress than that. The Sail-UVA AT, Renault Scala AT are also expected. Possibly the Amaze in the AT Petrol avatar, but none have an official launch date. If you can wait, you may end up waiting all the time, because there will be something or the other around the corner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul View Post
You have the new Ritz petrol AT and i guess a polo AT is also expected
Is the Polo AT going to be with the DQ200 DSG ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I bought one, so to me it is!

Got about 29.5k worth of accessories fitted on Wednesday. Reversing Sensors, Illuminated Sills, Bumper Protectors (front & rear), Rubber Side Strip and 5th Alloy at the time of the 1 month inspection.
Would that be from the Active/Mode Package ? May we expect some pictures of the above mentioned...?

Thanks.
Old 5th December 2012, 09:28   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Would that be from the Active/Mode Package ? May we expect some pictures of the above mentioned...?
It was the mode package minus the chrome handle protectors. The reversing sensors are in the additional accessories.

Last edited by GTO : 17th December 2012 at 16:00. Reason: No issues with sharing pics on official reviews. Please do so
Old 5th December 2012, 10:19   #208
BHPian

its cool, were the reverse sensors provided as the same color of your car ?
Old 5th December 2012, 11:36   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
its cool, were the reverse sensors provided as the same color of your car ?
Painted to match the car colour. They wanted to paint the bumper protectors as well, but I refused that.
Old 13th December 2012, 16:03   #210
BHPian

Finally, sold my swift Zxi 2006, for a Sum of 3.8 L now, waiting for my Brio AT. The dealer is Magnum Honda, at Bangalore, Mekri Circle. The Sales Rep is a sweet Guy mr. Francis , who offered us a long and wonderful test drive of the AT. Delivery date is promised as Jan 10th 2013.
drrajanvr is offline   Reply With Quote