Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2013, 11:29   #226
BHPian
 
mav2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 567
Thanked: 118 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review

I have been driving my Brio a little and I must say its a real pleasure to drive in the city. Its so easy to park and move around, that I sometimes think I should just sell my Cedia and get a smaller car...
mav2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2013, 11:29   #227
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,156
Thanked: 2,461 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review

Honda has only one success story presently and that is the Brio. They need to put in more efforts to get these out on the street as fast as possible rather than try to build up a booking queue.

Somehow they have lost the battle and war with Toyota over the last 4 years after taking a leadership position in almost all segments where they were present earlier.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2013, 18:17   #228
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Delhi
Posts: 8
Thanked: Once
Question Re: Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review

All Brio-AT fans, owners, owners-to-be, and God-mods,

I TD Brio MT, i20, and Ritz, and I have driven Swift Vxi before.

Likely choosing Brio for its toy-like aspect and zippy abilities. Infact, having TD the Brio MT, now I am strongly considering buying the Brio AT . I feel a puny, peppy car as Brio would be so good in AT. Also, if anything, I read on t-bhp that Brio's MT gearbox gives short-of-precise feel while slotting, especially as compared to the slick-performing Swift's GB (read best in class), so overall I feel AT should be great VFM.

Now, I would like to know what is the realistic waiting period for Brio AT in NCR. As is also evident from the trailing posts above, Honda is not delivering Brio AT before March due to whatever bottleneck they have. One gentleman above says he cancelled his booking!!
and now the part that's making me go ...... Different dealers all over NCR are committing different timelines for the Brio AT. One said 'within March'; one said 'why don't u take manual sir, AT could get delayed beyond April'....and now the news of Honda adding defogger and seat height adjustment into the top models by April is taking me close to analysis paralysis.

Guys, could u please add some clarity over Brio AT waiting period, if anyone has some info. I might also go for the manual as a second option, but would prefer AT.

*Help*
vaibhavt2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2013, 00:02   #229
BHPian
 
drrajanvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 66
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavt2012 View Post
All Brio-AT fans, owners, owners-to-be, and God-mods,

I TD Brio MT, i20, and Ritz, and I have driven Swift Vxi before.

Likely choosing Brio for its toy-like aspect and zippy abilities. Infact, having TD the Brio MT, now I am strongly considering buying the Brio AT . I feel a puny, peppy car as Brio would be so good in AT. Also, if anything, I read on t-bhp that Brio's MT gearbox gives short-of-precise feel while slotting, especially as compared to the slick-performing Swift's GB (read best in class), so overall I feel AT should be great VFM.

Now, I would like to know what is the realistic waiting period for Brio AT in NCR. As is also evident from the trailing posts above, Honda is not delivering Brio AT before March due to whatever bottleneck they have. One gentleman above says he cancelled his booking!!
and now the part that's making me go ...... Different dealers all over NCR are committing different timelines for the Brio AT. One said 'within March'; one said 'why don't u take manual sir, AT could get delayed beyond April'....and now the news of Honda adding defogger and seat height adjustment into the top models by April is taking me close to analysis paralysis.

Guys, could u please add some clarity over Brio AT waiting period, if anyone has some info. I might also go for the manual as a second option, but would prefer AT.

*Help*
None of the Honda dealers rather even Honda have any idea about when HONDA Thailand is gonna give them the GBox. Thus the AT can be made available to us easily
drrajanvr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2013, 08:25   #230
BHPian
 
bj96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 780
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavt2012 View Post
....and now the news of Honda adding defogger and seat height adjustment into the top models by April...
How reliable is above news? What is the source of your information? Asking because, I booked a V-AT in 1st week of Jan. The dealer is quoting delivery in Feb end or March beginning. If the above news is confirmed I can wait a month or so longer and get above feature.

tia,
-BJ
bj96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2013, 10:18   #231
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 7,163
Thanked: 3,759 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajanvr View Post
None of the Honda dealers rather even Honda have any idea about when HONDA Thailand is gonna give them the GBox. Thus the AT can be made available to us easily
I am not sure about the Gearbox since the Thai Brio uses a CVT while we have a City (and hence Civic) derived unit.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2013, 10:30   #232
BHPian
 
Rajesh Rawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LKO MUM HYD
Posts: 374
Thanked: 150 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
How reliable is above news? What is the source of your information? Asking because, I booked a V-AT in 1st week of Jan. The dealer is quoting delivery in Feb end or March beginning. If the above news is confirmed I can wait a month or so longer and get above feature.

tia,
-BJ
Autocar-Bloomberg tv (Hormazd Sorabjee) spoke about it in the episode yesterday on the 'updated' version of brio due for april launch with the 2 additional features mentioned by vaibhav . So guess thats reliable enough.
Rajesh Rawal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2013, 17:04   #233
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Delhi
Posts: 8
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajanvr View Post
None of the Honda dealers rather even Honda have any idea about when HONDA Thailand is gonna give them the GBox. Thus the AT can be made available to us easily
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I am not sure about the Gearbox since the Thai Brio uses a CVT while we have a City (and hence Civic) derived unit.
@drrajanvr:
Indeed, as sgittk said already, Brio India and Brio Thailand don't share the AT GB, so not sure if that's the issue. Anyway, must be some tsunami ripple that Honda's supply chain is still feeling impact of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
How reliable is above news? What is the source of your information? Asking because, I booked a V-AT in 1st week of Jan. The dealer is quoting delivery in Feb end or March beginning. If the above news is confirmed I can wait a month or so longer and get above feature.

tia,
-BJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Autocar-Bloomberg tv (Hormazd Sorabjee) spoke about it in the episode yesterday on the 'updated' version of brio due for april launch with the 2 additional features mentioned by vaibhav . So guess thats reliable enough.
@bj, It must be quite credible.
Here's the autocar scoop, posted here on the forum last week too- http://www.autocarindia.com/News/330...his-april.aspx
There are atleast two other sites affirming the same, so not a vague rumour certainly. The April timeline mentioned is the only thing to question.
Also, will the cost of the top-variant go further up? (Is that a very bad question?)

And now, further update on my TD stints: TD the 2012 swift yesterday (had driven an uncle's 2007/08 swift before) and was shocked by superior upholstery vis-a-vis the long-outgone swift. I must say the interior styling lines merge well, and console feels top-notch and sporty; the black interior is elegant; in fact, I somehow also liked the personalised claustrophobia caused by the all-black, esp from a driver's perspective, with steering-mounted controls, and premium all-wrap feel infront of u. The ride was already good enough for me and now Swift seems an exciting option.
Would like to know if the steering wheel has been made slightly chunkier, smaller? It felt as good as the Brio's, which too i TD last week!

Brio .... I love you, I love you not, I love u , I ......... might as well throw a dice now! These days, I've been asking wife to have more opinions.

Keep posting folks; it helps to see others' confusions and calibrate my own.
vaibhavt2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 10:31   #234
BHPian
 
drrajanvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 66
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

April launch of the new brio seems affirmative. The sales person from magnum called me back and told me this info, that the new brio upgrade is happening, based on customer feedback and have promised vehicle delivery from month of April.. he was also hinting on a new gearbox....? Puzzled though.
drrajanvr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 19:50   #235
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Delhi
Posts: 8
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajanvr View Post
April launch of the new brio seems affirmative. The sales person from magnum called me back and told me this info, that the new brio upgrade is happening, based on customer feedback and have promised vehicle delivery from month of April.. he was also hinting on a new gearbox....? Puzzled though.
@dr: basis the above, I will assume that if one books the brio-AT today, he'd get the upgraded version in April. True, one might like to wait 2 months, if Honda stays committed to adding rear defogger and driver seat height adjustment and deliver within April. This considering the current AT is not getting delivered in the interim anyway. Other Brio AT enthusiasts/would-be/could-be owners to please pour their "action plan".

//he was also hinting on a new gearbox// really?

Also, u said u had cancelled the booking; so have u asked him to carry the booking now? Wonder how much meat is there to his words; these chaalu sales guys, uh.

I'm lost betweem Swift P and Brio V-AT, but guess I just might go one afternoon and book either car suddenly! :/

@sgiitk: sir, howz the brio v AT doing? anything more than what u have stated already...
vaibhavt2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2013, 01:20   #236
BHPian
 
drrajanvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 66
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

I have cancelled my booking and also got a refund of the same. Now planning to buy the city at. Between the swift and brio. If its ur second car and main use is city only. The brio AT wins hands down.
drrajanvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2013, 18:58   #237
BHPian
 
rohit_dce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 81
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajanvr View Post
April launch of the new brio seems affirmative. The sales person from magnum called me back and told me this info, that the new brio upgrade is happening, based on customer feedback and have promised vehicle delivery from month of April.. he was also hinting on a new gearbox....? Puzzled though.
Hey Honda is launching newer maintenance package for the Brio and it will be an integral part of Amaze's launch as well. But as far as the Brio is concerned, it would surely help the Brio's sales as after sales are also as integral as sale of the car. Now will you buy it?
rohit_dce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 14:43   #238
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 7,163
Thanked: 3,759 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review

Anyone who can provide the gearing of the AT box. I know that 5th is about 40kph/1000rpm!
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 15:49   #239
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,471
Thanked: 19,385 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Anyone who can provide the gearing of the AT box. I know that 5th is about 40kph/1000rpm!
By gearing you mean gear ratio or the rpm at which shifts occur?
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 16:06   #240
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 7,163
Thanked: 3,759 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
By gearing you mean gear ratio or the rpm at which shifts occur?
No, what is the Gear ratio, i.e., kph per 1000rpm for various gears. I got the Civic info from some post (I think here). I will like to have the same for the Brio.

Shift points are highly variable depending on throttle position, gradient, etc. so no point in these.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got Brio'RED': Honda Brio VX Automatic getsurya Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 42 6th June 2017 20:43
*SCOOP* Honda Brio DIESEL caught. EDIT: Only for next-gen Brio in 2017 kpzen The Indian Car Scene 377 6th September 2015 02:55
Automatic: Used Maruti A-Star or new Honda Brio? EDIT: It's a Brio! ashwin489 Hatchbacks 54 10th September 2014 15:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks