Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 24th January 2016, 18:38   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Range Rover (4th Generation) : Driven

A technical question. Land Rovers from 2005-06 onwards were offered with the Terrain response System. But this one was manual, so one had to select the terrain manually.
From 2012 onwards, they replaced this with the Terrain Response 2, which has an 'auto' mode.
Can anyone explain how exactly the system detects the terrain underneath, and differentiates between mud, gravel, tarmac,etc. What kind of sensors are used?
I tried to search online but couldn't find much info. So, I thought TBHP would be my best shot. :/
Rohan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2016, 22:09   #107
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
If there was such a technical clause on the level of criticism, we would not even entertain any such arrangement.
Thanks for your clarification, it's good to hear. Sadly this has become a norm in the car reviewers community. Half and hour segments multiple times a week showcasing Audis, BMWs and Mercs driven from A to B. Reviewers being taken on all expenses paid trips abroad where they are expected to publish their non ciritcal reviews of the product. Take a look at this video, these practices are rampant throughout the world:
mxh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2016, 11:25   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Thanks for your clarification, it's good to hear. Sadly this has become a norm in the car reviewers community. Half and hour segments multiple times a week showcasing Audis, BMWs and Mercs driven from A to B. Reviewers being taken on all expenses paid trips abroad where they are expected to publish their non ciritcal reviews of the product. Take a look at this video, these practices are rampant throughout the world:
Dear mxh,

This is interesting!

In my opinion, almost all product launches now-a-days of almost all products have advertisements disguised as reviews.
Sad!
It is up to the end user / consumer to choose and pick the desired information.

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   Reply With Quote