Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2013, 12:26   #1636
rkg
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 973
Thanked: 431 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
3.Concorde is quoting 12.6 L OTR with 4 yrs warranty package.
this may include insurance and also AMC package. get insurance outside.
it will be 30-40% cheaper than what dealer quoted.
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 13:24   #1637
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,482
Thanked: 1,065 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
4.Is moving to storme a WISE decision , is it not a step back compared to dusters and ecosports?
The biggest advantages the Storme has over the Dusters and the Ecosports are its cabin space, ride quality, ground clearance and road presence.

Will I buy a Storme over the Duster and the Ecosport? Hell, yes.

Does this make it easier for you to take a call?
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 13:24   #1638
BHPian
 
stormerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pink City
Posts: 334
Thanked: 471 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
1.I am 6'2" ,i think i will have an issue of the sterring knocking my knees.The TD vehicle is VX with height adjusting seat, will not give LX seating postion?
I also had this dilemma (I am 6'-3") but tata has kept it in the lowest height position of seat adjustment of vx trim, hence even after driving 14k kms and 7 months, I have never faced this issue. But I would also suggest you to have a look yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
2.No urban bronze or pearl champage in LX?
Sad but true, look at black, it is my favourite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
4.Is moving to storme a WISE decision , is it not a step back compared to dusters and ecosports?
Some might debate, but IMO storme is far better than the competition. Also you would not feel the loss of space from scorpio if you choose storme.
stormerider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 14:08   #1639
BHPian
 
PRADEEP KUMAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 372
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 14th October 2013 at 15:39.
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 30th September 2013, 14:15   #1640
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,170 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
I also had this dilemma (I am 6'-3") but tata has kept it in the lowest height position of seat adjustment of vx trim, hence even after driving 14k kms and 7 months, I have never faced this issue. But I would also suggest you to have a look yourself.
I am not nearly as tall at 180 cms, but I finally narrowed down to what I find weird everytime the car comes back from the service station. The driver/s always adjust the seat height to the lowest position, and when I get in, no matter how I slide the seat front and back, or adjust the incline of the backrest, I always feel as if I am sitting in a depression and leaning backwards away from the steering (even with the seat pulled forward). Then I adjusted the seat height to the max and found my perfect position once again. Yes, there is a bit of a squeeze and adjustment of the leading leg (left) while getting in, but once that is out of the way, the position is perfect. One thing I have noticed in the Storme though is the lesser lateral thigh support on both sides when compared to the Dicor. You do not get as nice a supported feel to bolster yourself against when going into a corner as a result. Wonder if others have noticed this?

Last edited by ebonho : 30th September 2013 at 14:17.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 14:42   #1641
NMS
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 131
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Guys !

We finally got home our Astern Black Storme ! First Service is done as well. It was quite an experience driving Storme all the way from Baroda. And is now in Pune.
The upgrade is quite significant considering that my daily drive earlier was a Fabia.

So while I am still in the phase where I am discovering the capabilities of the Storme, some niggles did creep in And most of them were rectified in the first service. However there is a peculiar problem that has crept in after the first service. Everyday in the morning, I am woken up by the beeping of the Storme. It happens around 8-10 times and then stops. This is the same loud beep that comes when you unlock the car manually when you had locked it using the remote. Any one else faced this issue? Any pointers?
NMS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 14:43   #1642
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 9,821
Thanked: 2,934 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Anyone migrated to storme from Scorpio, what is your take?
XUV is better? newer platform unlike storme, some say storme is old wine in old bottle...confused!
From your post here, I feel you have not yet TD-ed the two. Try them both & decide which one you want. And if you TD the DIcor vs Storme, then you will know for yourself if the Storme is still the same.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 14:59   #1643
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

After two rounds of postponement ever since storme was launched , we are deciding (almost) on Storme Ex

I have few queries and if any of you can share your experience/ insights, that will be of great help

1. Any latest updates available on the following earlier posts?

a. Slightly upgraded version (gearbox, dashboard etc) to be released during the festive season
b. LX 4x4 version (I am keen on a EX 4x4 though)

Note: (have checked with dealer KHT Motors, Whitefiled, Blr and they have informed that none of this is happening. Have written to TATA Motors on the queries id, yet to get a response)

2. Nudge Guard from explorer edition - the one without fog lamps (Ref. to the photo attached) : In your experience, does this nudge guard result in lesser ground clearance? Also, any feedback from people who have used this and how much does it cost. If a photo of the same can be shared (front and side view) that will be great
anishaug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 15:08   #1644
BHPian
 
YGarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Kota, Rajasthan
Posts: 111
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Folks,
4.Is moving to storme a WISE decision , is it not a step back compared to dusters and ecosports?
ES just doesn't make sense as you must have got addicted to huge space by now. However, Duster IS a wise option to go for, provided you are able to DREAM of it after sitting in a Storme .
However if you can wait for some more time you can also consider Scorpio-2014.
YGarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 17:19   #1645
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 2,588
Thanked: 800 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS View Post
Guys !

We finally got home our Astern Black Storme ! First Service is done as well. It was quite an experience driving Storme all the way from Baroda. And is now in Pune.
The upgrade is quite significant considering that my daily drive earlier was a Fabia.

So while I am still in the phase where I am discovering the capabilities of the Storme, some niggles did creep in And most of them were rectified in the first service. However there is a peculiar problem that has crept in after the first service. Everyday in the morning, I am woken up by the beeping of the Storme. It happens around 8-10 times and then stops. This is the same loud beep that comes when you unlock the car manually when you had locked it using the remote. Any one else faced this issue? Any pointers?
Congrats on the Storme. It would be good if you share with the larger forum what these niggles were and how they were sorted out. Also your overall experience/what version you purchased/deal got etc will help prospective buyers.

On this problem you are facing, is it possible that you give the remote key to the car cleaner or something ? else its best to get checked with the TASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by anishaug View Post
After two rounds of postponement ever since storme was launched , we are deciding (almost) on Storme Ex

I have few queries and if any of you can share your experience/ insights, that will be of great help

1. Any latest updates available on the following earlier posts?

a. Slightly upgraded version (gearbox, dashboard etc) to be released during the festive season
b. LX 4x4 version (I am keen on a EX 4x4 though)

Note: (have checked with dealer KHT Motors, Whitefiled, Blr and they have informed that none of this is happening. Have written to TATA Motors on the queries id, yet to get a response)

2. Nudge Guard from explorer edition - the one without fog lamps (Ref. to the photo attached) : In your experience, does this nudge guard result in lesser ground clearance? Also, any feedback from people who have used this and how much does it cost. If a photo of the same can be shared (front and side view) that will be great

1) I dont think either a/b is near the corner.
2) Nudge guard from the explorer edition all though very good looking in pictures is of poor finish when seen in real. It looked disproportionate as well when I checked it out in the showroom . Would suggest you have a look and then decide. Most showrooms now have a explorer edition on display
narayan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 20:02   #1646
BHPian
 
Fortuner71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mysore
Posts: 389
Thanked: 262 Times
Default

Pradeep I have 16 k in 8 months. Storme is leagues ahead of Scorpio in terms of ride quality . I have had no issues so far and Iam a 6 footer. City driving is car like with massive road presence with the traffic giving way . Tata has done a fantastic job .

Last edited by GTO : 14th October 2013 at 15:40. Reason: Quoted post removed
Fortuner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2013, 11:24   #1647
NMS
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 131
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Congrats on the Storme. It would be good if you share with the larger forum what these niggles were and how they were sorted out. Also your overall experience/what version you purchased/deal got etc will help prospective buyers.

On this problem you are facing, is it possible that you give the remote key to the car cleaner or something ? else its best to get checked with the TASS
Thanks for the wishes Narayan. I was still not sure if the issue I am facing is due to something I am doing wrong or actually a fault. It happened again today, and I have given the car at the Service Center today. Will update the Niggles thread about this soon.
So far i had not handed over the keys to anyone.

Regarding the buying experience and the discounts, I will try and write the Ownership thread soon.
NMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2013, 14:59   #1648
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,170 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS View Post
Thanks for the wishes Narayan. I was still not sure if the issue I am facing is due to something I am doing wrong or actually a fault. It happened again today, and I have given the car at the Service Center today. Will update the Niggles thread about this soon.
So far i had not handed over the keys to anyone.

Regarding the buying experience and the discounts, I will try and write the Ownership thread soon.
Maybe one of your doors is not shutting completely?
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2013, 23:25   #1649
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 28
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

The new television show 24 on Colors is sponsored by Safari Storme. Ironically, the ride of lead actor Anil Kapoor is XUV 500. This shows that sponsorship was a late decision. However, it is also careless on the part of Tata Motors to not pay attention to such details.
Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2013, 10:29   #1650
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 1,080
Thanked: 149 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatro View Post
The new television show 24 on Colors is sponsored by Safari Storme. Ironically, the ride of lead actor Anil Kapoor is XUV 500. This shows that sponsorship was a late decision. However, it is also careless on the part of Tata Motors to not pay attention to such details.
Agree, In movie (tv show) product placement is different from sponsorship. Some times, need to pay lot of money for this. Recent 'Iron Man 3 movie was sponsored by Oracle, but they show the word Oracle in very small font only in 2 scenes that too just a glimpse.
teamveevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Safari Storme 4x4 : Official Review tsk1979 Official New Car Reviews 198 26th November 2015 19:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks