Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2014, 12:22   #2131
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 2,588
Thanked: 801 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post

Meanwhile at the front office the SA explained me about getting the silver or gold AMC as it would prove beneficial. Both the AMC's covered service of 15000 Kms & 30000 Kms, but the Gold takes care of wear & tear parts as well. The Price quoted by them was:

Silver AMC- Rs. 9717
Gold Amc- Rs. 14750
NST - congrats on completing 1 yr with the beast. can you pls get a quote from the dealer for the Gold AMC and post it here ?

There is a big difference between what you have posted here and what was quoted to me sometime back

thanks
narayan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 12:40   #2132
BHPian
 
stormerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pink City
Posts: 334
Thanked: 475 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post

NST - congrats on completing 1 yr with the beast. can you pls get a quote from the dealer for the Gold AMC and post it here ?

There is a big difference between what you have posted here and what was quoted to me sometime back

thanks
Some pages back many of us had discussed the amc packages in detail. What dealers offer are pre customised packages. Whilst it is a product which can be customized as per needs of a person.
Like I have opted for gold amc for 1lac km/4yrs as per my running (my UFO has run 23.5k kms in 11 months). The cost for this used to be 85p/km, hence I paid 85k upfront. Extended warranty becomes mandatory for any amc over 3 yrs.
Silver amc- covers only scheduled services.
Gold amc- covers all services and running repairs, except tyres and battery. Which means it will cover even suspension, clutch, break pads, etc which are wear an tear parts, not covered under warranty.
Platinum amc- covers everything as in case of gold amc and tyres and battery.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by stormerider : 19th January 2014 at 12:43.
stormerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 12:44   #2133
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 2,588
Thanked: 801 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
Some pages back many of us had discussed the amc packages in detail. What dealers offer are pre customised packages. Whilst it is a product which can be customized as per needs of a person.
Like I have opted for gold amc for 1lac km/4yrs as per my running (my UFO has run 23.5k kms in 11 months). The cost for this used to be 85p/km, hence I paid 85k upfront. Extended warranty becomes mandatory for any amc over 3 yrs.
Silver amc- covers only scheduled services.
Gold amc- covers all services and running repairs, except tyres and battery. Which means it will cover even suspension, clutch, break pads, etc which are wear an tear parts, not covered under warranty.
Platinum amc- covers everything as in case of gold amc and tyres and battery.

Hope that helps.
Your right Stormerider - I realised it just after I posted. The Gold AMC rate NST got might have been for a lower tenor/mileage

@NST - can you pls clarify this rate pertains to 3yrs/30000kms ?
narayan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 12:57   #2134
BHPian
 
stormerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pink City
Posts: 334
Thanked: 475 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Your right Stormerider - I realised it just after I posted. The Gold AMC rate NST got might have been for a lower tenor/mileage

@NST - can you pls clarify this rate pertains to 3yrs/30000kms ?
Also IMHO it would be beneficial if we opt for amc packages as per the service schedules and mutiples, like 1yr/15000km, 2y4/30k kms and 3/45k kms if the running is low.
else as per the running kms since that will happen earlier.
stormerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 19:22   #2135
BHPian
 
NST440's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jalandhar
Posts: 180
Thanked: 156 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Your right Stormerider - I realised it just after I posted. The Gold AMC rate NST got might have been for a lower tenor/mileage

@NST - can you pls clarify this rate pertains to 3yrs/30000kms ?
The Gold AMC rate i have mentioned is for one year which covers both the services of 15000 & 30000 Kms.

The SA says the amc can be again purchased once it is over after the year One more thing,if some one has a Silver AMC it cannot be converted to Gold at later stages but Gold can be converted to silver.
NST440 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 21:16   #2136
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 9,829
Thanked: 2,943 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

12k on the clock, a week short of 9 months.

Question:
Guys, has anyone taken a 2 year Extended Wty ? If yes, details please

Last edited by condor : 19th January 2014 at 21:44.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 23:52   #2137
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,170 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
12k on the clock, a week short of 9 months.

Question:
Guys, has anyone taken a 2 year Extended Wty ? If yes, details please
I got the extended warranty. Costs 7500 bucks.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 05:03   #2138
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 9,829
Thanked: 2,943 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Doc, 1 year or 2 years ? From the price, it looks like a 1 year EW.

I have 1 year EW.
Base wty is 3 yrs. Hence total coverage currently is 4 yrs.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 08:09   #2139
BHPian
 
NST440's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jalandhar
Posts: 180
Thanked: 156 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
12k on the clock, a week short of 9 months.

Question:
Guys, has anyone taken a 2 year Extended Wty ? If yes, details please
As mentioned by Condor, the EW is for 1 year only so it comes out to be
3 + 1 year. Check out:
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-20130130_173308.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-20130130_173321.jpg  

NST440 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 10:55   #2140
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,170 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Doc, 1 year or 2 years ? From the price, it looks like a 1 year EW.

I have 1 year EW.
Base wty is 3 yrs. Hence total coverage currently is 4 yrs.
I'll have to check bro.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 11:44   #2141
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 2,588
Thanked: 801 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Question:
Guys, has anyone taken a 2 year Extended Wty ? If yes, details please
Is there a 2 yr extended warranty option at all ? Did TASS tell you such a thing is available ?
narayan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 11:51   #2142
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 9,829
Thanked: 2,943 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

No, I saw it as an option in the EW booklet.
But that could be because the same booklet is used for Safari also, which has a 2 yr base + 2 yr EW.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 11:53   #2143
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,170 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
No, I saw it as an option in the EW booklet.
But that could be because the same booklet is used for Safari also, which has a 2 yr base + 2 yr EW.
Yeah now I remember. Had a long discussion with the AMC guy on this, and this was exactly the same explanation given. So yes, its 3 + 1 in my case/
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 12:29   #2144
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 171
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

The extended warranty on storme is only for 1 year as it comes with a default 3 year / 1L Kms guarantee. I too wanted to purchase it for additional 2 years but they don't have an option.
storme'd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 12:36   #2145
BHPian
 
sasi405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 258
Thanked: 162 Times
Default

@ Concorde Mathura Rd Delhi for 1st Service @ 1372km. Main issues faced so far:
1. Roof mounted ac has developed some rattle.
2. Front right brake was making very slight squeal (at low speeds only).
3. Check clutch release bearing (CRB) for noise.
Waiting here only. Will report once done.
Attached Images
 
sasi405 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Safari Storme 4x4 : Official Review tsk1979 Official New Car Reviews 198 26th November 2015 19:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks