Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2014, 12:19   #2611
BHPian
 
JASMEET MATTOO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 270
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Very true. I too feel that Tata should come out with an option of Third row seats. I feel when you travel in a large group, everyone stays connected in a way. Whereas in the current seating plan, whoever sits at the last kind of feels disconnected. Its a great playing zone for kids though my little girl always insists to sit at the last seat

Last edited by khan_sultan : 24th April 2014 at 12:22. Reason: Please do not... type... like.... this...
JASMEET MATTOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2014, 12:30   #2612
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Delhi
Posts: 114
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Can you get us some details please, on where these seats are made/available, clear photos of an installed Storme if possible, and the cost? Would be really appreciated!

.
Spoke with the guy. He says a couple of shops in Lajpat Nagar and Karol Bagh (established car accessory markets in Delhi) are offering the same for Storme but none of his customers that he has met post their purchase of Storme have gone for the change.

Someone probably needs to do leg work in these markets do get more dope on it.

Last edited by garyag79 : 24th April 2014 at 12:51. Reason: sentence construction
garyag79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2014, 17:58   #2613
BHPian
 
chaudh2s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 179
Thanked: 218 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

The floor in the rear is too high and roof too low to be comfortable even if front facing seats do manage to fit in.

Last edited by chaudh2s : 24th April 2014 at 18:03.
chaudh2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2014, 18:09   #2614
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,170 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
The floor in the rear is too high and roof too low to be comfortable even if front facing seats do manage to fit in.
It would still be much better the XUV500, which is positively claustrophobic. Lots of the 20+ Lac forward facing 3rd row SUVs too.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 15:31   #2615
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,170 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Silly thing driving me nuts past few days guys.

There is a squeaking sound every time I even lightly touch/depress the brake pedal. Got the guys to check it out and they put some spray and some silicone based yellowish grease type thing. Asked me to check. No sound.

They said it was from some internal rod of the brake sensor which was making the sound.

Again on the way to office, same choo choo sound man. Nuts!
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 16:54   #2616
BHPian
 
rajismine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 514
Thanked: 247 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Remove the rubber on the brake pedal and drive to see if the sound is gone

Sometimes this rubber is loose and rubs against the iron beneath it

Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Silly thing driving me nuts past few days guys.

There is a squeaking sound every time I even lightly touch/depress the brake pedal. Got the guys to check it out and they put some spray and some silicone based yellowish grease type thing. Asked me to check. No sound.

They said it was from some internal rod of the brake sensor which was making the sound.

Again on the way to office, same choo choo sound man. Nuts!
rajismine is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2014, 11:39   #2617
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,170 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Remove the rubber on the brake pedal and drive to see if the sound is gone

Sometimes this rubber is loose and rubs against the iron beneath it

Good luck
The rubber is firm and not moving.

This sound is coming with movement of the brake pedal. Choon choon.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2014, 11:49   #2618
BHPian
 
sasi405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 258
Thanked: 162 Times
Default

It's definitely a greasing / lubrication problem. Did happen with my clutch pedal sometime ago, especially after a couple of days of rain and associated weather. I think humidity removes the effectiveness of whatever lubrication mechanism they have in the pedals.
sasi405 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2014, 12:30   #2619
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,170 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
It's definitely a greasing / lubrication problem. Did happen with my clutch pedal sometime ago, especially after a couple of days of rain and associated weather. I think humidity removes the effectiveness of whatever lubrication mechanism they have in the pedals.
But it recured literally within half an hour of lubing bu the TASC guys dispatched to my home for "running repair".
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2014, 12:54   #2620
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,018
Thanked: 360 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post

But it recured literally within half an hour of lubing bu the TASC guys dispatched to my home for "running repair".
Use WD40 yourself clutch pedal and lock set are 2 points which love DIY wd40 bath every month or so.
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2014, 16:20   #2621
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 171
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Guys a funny thing happened to my truck on the latest tank full. Last tank full the truck ran 480 kms while this tank it may not even touch 380!! Both times I have filled in from the same pulp and has been close to 42 litres. What could be the reason?
storme'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2014, 09:32   #2622
BHPian
 
stormerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pink City
Posts: 334
Thanked: 475 Times
Default

@Stormed, relax nothing happened. It was primarily driven in the city traffic with constant bumper to bumper traffic and some idling.
I also get approximately 400 in city and 450 or so on highway or mix.

@ebonho, doc can I say same pinch? I am also getting that choo-choo. Let me know if you get rid of it.
stormerider is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2014, 20:57   #2623
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 171
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
@Stormed, relax nothing happened. It was primarily driven in the city traffic with constant bumper to bumper traffic and some idling.
I also get approximately 400 in city and 450 or so on highway or mix.
Thanks buddy! Only I didn't notice any difference in this run compared to my normal runs. But happy to know that am getting similar to what you are reporting.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 28th April 2014 at 07:38. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
storme'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2014, 22:28   #2624
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 9,824
Thanked: 2,938 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

A good 535 km drive for the weekend, as I approach the 1 year mark. Odo at 17470 now.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2014, 00:30   #2625
BHPian
 
vigneshkumar31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 56
Thanked: 170 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Storme performing well.All squeaks and rattles gone.AC is proving effective, now that summers are here in Delhi.

Off late, I am noticing momentary power stall with the Check engine light coming on while cruising. A tap at the accelerator makes it go away. But Im wondering what could be the cause. Frequency of occurrence is around 4 times a day.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Safari Storme 4x4 : Official Review tsk1979 Official New Car Reviews 198 26th November 2015 19:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks