Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2014, 17:48   #3601
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 9,812
Thanked: 2,919 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

The Storme crossed the 28k mark day before. Got the 30k servicing done. All items covered under warranty / AMC. All routine stuff, except for a hard clutch. Not that the clutch was not working or had gone bad, but it was hard to operate.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 18:36   #3602
BHPian
 
maglev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 752
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The Storme crossed the 28k mark day before. Got the 30k servicing done. All items covered under warranty / AMC. All routine stuff, except for a hard clutch. Not that the clutch was not working or had gone bad, but it was hard to operate.

Have you gotten the clutch replaced? and could you share the total bill plus the amount covered under the AMC.
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2014, 22:22   #3603
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 2,585
Thanked: 798 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Have been regularly checking the shocks/underbody ever since I changed one of the rear shocks recently. Today noticed that the front right was leaking. Need to get this replaced as well under warranty. Hopefully the replacement units will last much longer. I mean 20-25k kms is hardly any life for the struts
narayan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2014, 22:31   #3604
BHPian
 
ortho_surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kochi
Posts: 92
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
I mean 20-25k kms is hardly any life for the struts
You are right 25000km is too less. Speaks volumes about the quality of parts used. On the other hand, narayan you should be fortunate they lasted that much atleast.
ortho_surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 10:24   #3605
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 588
Thanked: 138 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

I might get delivery of my truck this Friday or coming Monday. Do you suggest filling in regular Shell diesel?
hyper-VTEC is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 10:58   #3606
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,018
Thanked: 360 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
I might get delivery of my truck this Friday or coming Monday. Do you suggest filling in regular Shell diesel?
Regular works best on 2.2 VTT Engine IMHO
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 14:37   #3607
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,170 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Guys, the Storme is a VARICOR engine, yet the engine number says 2.2LDICOR. What gives? Or is it because mine is from the first lots (Feb 2013) hence?
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 14:40   #3608
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,018
Thanked: 360 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Guys, the Storme is a VARICOR engine, yet the engine number says 2.2LDICOR. What gives? Or is it because mine is from the first lots (Feb 2013) hence?
Actually it is same engine with new name only the plastic cover and layout of things around engine such as power steering fluid reservoir etc have changed inside engine bay.
In Aria they have changed the tuning to 150 PS.
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 14:47   #3609
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,170 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Actually it is same engine with new name only the plastic cover and layout of things around engine such as power steering fluid reservoir etc have changed inside engine bay.
In Aria they have changed the tuning to 150 PS.
I remember someone (Behram ji?) mentioning that the Varicor was also a different state of tune to the Dicor. Not in terms of peak power, but how it got there.

I actually just wanted to know from other Storme owners whether their engine numbers also mention Dicor (and not Varicor) ! Nothing technical as such.

I was supposed to tell my insurance agent the chassis and engine number, and that's when I noticed. Wanted to confirm I wasn't the only Storme guy here driving a Dicor in disguise!
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 14:54   #3610
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 588
Thanked: 138 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Wanted to confirm I wasn't the only Storme guy here driving a Dicor in disguise!
Even my (soon to be) truck has 2.2LDICOR as prefix on the Chassis number
hyper-VTEC is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 14:58   #3611
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,170 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Even my (soon to be) truck has 2.2LDICOR as prefix on the Chassis number
Please check. It must be the engine number. Chassis number starts with MAT....

Then there is a Cab Number plate riveted as well.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 15:00   #3612
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 588
Thanked: 138 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Please check. It must be the engine number. Chassis number starts with MAT....

Then there is a Cab Number plate riveted as well.
Correct. Chassis number starts with MAT. My bad
hyper-VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 21:13   #3613
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 2,585
Thanked: 798 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
I might get delivery of my truck this Friday or coming Monday. Do you suggest filling in regular Shell diesel?
Congrats. What was the final deal you got ? I think Chennai Tbhp gets only its 2nd Storme or am I missing someone ?
narayan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 22:00   #3614
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 588
Thanked: 138 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Congrats. What was the final deal you got ? I think Chennai Tbhp gets only its 2nd Storme or am I missing someone ?
TML Discount: 20000
Dealer: 10000
Free Reverse Parking Sensor (without camera): 4200 value
hyper-VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 23:17   #3615
BHPian
 
kaymant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Durgapur
Posts: 27
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Wanted to confirm I wasn't the only Storme guy here driving a Dicor in disguise!
Even mine engine no. starts with 2.2LDICOR and I bought it in Feb 2014 so probably Varicor is probably a new marketing term for the same engine.

By the way, is there a way to "decode" the engine number (like what is done for VIN)? Just curious.
kaymant is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Safari Storme 4x4 : Official Review tsk1979 Official New Car Reviews 198 26th November 2015 19:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks