Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2014, 17:48   #3631
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 54
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Booked Pearl White EX today. Should be delivered by 21st Nov.

Thanks everyone who had put in their experiences in this thread, which helped me decide to go ahead with the Storme dumping the XUV500. Special cheers to@ebonho, @narayan, @JASMEET_MATTOO, @ condor and many others.

My dealer told me, i cam take the AMC after a few days. Will need your suggestions, whether it makes sense to take the AMC. My running wont be more than 10K/year, atleast that's what it seems like now, with a new addition to the family.

I have taken the 4th yr. EW.
Congratulations, I went through same dilemma and after reading lots of articles on tbhp, I too dumped XUV and went for storme. Now covered 20k km in a year. Some of my colleagues who dumped their old safari and went for XUV miss the safari feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
No buddy, it was Vipul's .....



Please help me with my USB drive issue bro .... from the sudden stoppages of playing with 1969 or 1970 appearing on the display (resuming playing after gaps), now it simply keeps showing SEARCHING which finally culminates in NO DEVICE.

The Tuner and Disc are playing great. No problems there.
Hi too have faced same issue and I found that resetting the system (check audio system mannual) will make it work again. Though another thing I have noticed is that, it only happens with my pen drive when I select mix all option. You can try that.

Last edited by noopster : 20th November 2014 at 19:10. Reason: Merging back to back posts- use "multi-quote" option in such cases
sunit5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2014, 17:59   #3632
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,170 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunit5 View Post
Hi too have faced same issue and I found that resetting the system (check audio system mannual) will make it work again. Though another thing I have noticed is that, it only happens with my pen drive when I select mix all option. You can try that.
I don't even know how to select mix all option bro! LOL Do please tell!

In my case it got solved after I cleaned up the file structure and some of the naming on my laptopand then reinserted the pen drive into the Storme system. Its been playing flawlessly (magically) since then. Fingers crossed!
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2014, 18:08   #3633
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 2,588
Thanked: 801 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I don't even know how to select mix all option bro! LOL Do please tell!

In my case it got solved after I cleaned up the file structure and some of the naming on my laptopand then reinserted the pen drive into the Storme system. Its been playing flawlessly (magically) since then. Fingers crossed!

could you pls elaborate on how to clean up file structure and naming ? i am facing the same problem
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2014, 18:20   #3634
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,170 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
could you pls elaborate on how to clean up file structure and naming ? i am facing the same problem
There were folders within folders. Now they are not.

There were lots of large albums (full CD, single file recording) outside (not in any folder). Now they have individual folders, regardless if there is only one large file inside.

The naming of the individual tracks was also pretty big, with lots of numbers, letters, repeat of album name in the begining, etc. Now there is a standard protocol.

That sort of thing.

It took an entire afternoon, but at least now I have a standard naming protocol for artist, album, track - in that order.

Also my accessories guy suggested to get a smalled pen drive - max 4 GB.

My current one is 16 GB and he says even 8 GB is too big for most car stereos.

If it recurs, that's what I'll do. Shift only my favoritest daily listening tracks to a 4 GB drive.

Hope that helps.

P.S. And I also found out what the 1969, 1970 was - they were year-wise albums of my entire college day CCR (Creedence Clearwater Revival) collection.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that since the original pen drive recording was a dump from my lap top collection, there were many image files of album covers, etc. I deleted all of those from the pen drive.

Last edited by ebonho : 20th November 2014 at 18:41.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2014, 20:22   #3635
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Delhi
Posts: 257
Thanked: 116 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by angad.bawa View Post
Guys, any one with any insider information on the facelift launch ? I was last told an end of year / early 2015 launch ? Any with any news will be extremely useful.
Buddy, IMO anything after November does not make sense as it will only add up their inventory. Everybody here would prefer to wait till next year for obvious reasons. Plus the current discount available on storme also solidifies my perception of a January launch. They have been only adjusting the discounts and offers here and there for the past six month and if you can calculate, the total benefits given to the buyers have been almost same during this time frame.
A member himanshugoswami had predicted a 2015 first quarter launch about 5 months ago at the time when all auto forums and journals were professing a confirmed festival time launch, based on the info given by his contact in TMIL and another member here had mentioned a soft launch on January 15th 2015. I have been waiting for it too only for the possibility of airbags being included in EX and may be the rattles rectification.
I had read on few forums including ours that a price correction of storme is in pipeline too. Can someone shed more light on it?

Last edited by Storme_on_d_way : 20th November 2014 at 20:41.
Storme_on_d_way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2014, 23:31   #3636
BHPian
 
neel385's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kharagpur
Posts: 492
Thanked: 185 Times
Default

Got my Storme serviced at the 1 year mark. Does anybody know as to how does the alignment figures given in the service manual e.g. 2 mm for toe translate to degrees as is commonly displayed in the alignment rigs?
neel385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 05:07   #3637
Newbie
 
angad.bawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 14
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Buddy, IMO anything after November does not make sense as it will only add up their inventory. Everybody here would prefer to wait till next year for obvious reasons. Plus the current discount available on storme also solidifies my perception of a January launch. They have been only adjusting the discounts and offers here and there for the past six month and if you can calculate, the total benefits given to the buyers have been almost same during this time frame.
A member himanshugoswami had predicted a 2015 first quarter launch about 5 months ago at the time when all auto forums and journals were professing a confirmed festival time launch, based on the info given by his contact in TMIL and another member here had mentioned a soft launch on January 15th 2015. I have been waiting for it too only for the possibility of airbags being included in EX and may be the rattles rectification.
I had read on few forums including ours that a price correction of storme is in pipeline too. Can someone shed more light on it?

I agree that not much buying happens in November / December in India but I think it's an ideal time to LAUNCH, to creat that buzz & Since a lot of people are actually waiting for January to make the purchase, so if they know about the new product, it may just convert into larger numbers. Last week the pajero sport launched, I m sure with a similar thinking.
angad.bawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 10:44   #3638
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Delhi
Posts: 114
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Last night while driving back to home from office the engine check light came on and the engine lost all power, the truck wasnt accelerating and turbo wasnt kicking in. Parked the car and called up TATA road side assistance. The mechanic reached me in exactly 30 minutes and diagnosed the issue to be that of adulterated fuel entering into the fuel injector. Now I have been regular at two fuel stations on the Faridabad Gurgaon Highway and had got the tank full couple of days ago from one of them. The mechanic opened the fuel tank cap and a rush of air came out, some vaccum had been created probably and then he started the engine and squeezed a black color oval pump kind of thing that is located next to the injector. He told me that this will squeeze out any water / air block from it. Did that for 1 minute and upon restarting everything was fine.

He said this is frequent issue with the Stormes on account of sensors activating the moment they encounter any sort of adulteration in the fuel. Still he has adviced me to get a scan done. Drove to work perfectly fine this morning. Will get the scan done once I am back after a 2 week tour, the truck will rest till that time.

Any fellow Storme owners who has experienced the same issue?? On the other hand kudos to prompt TATA road side assistance, they were very helpful on the phone and made sure mechanic reached me within the said time period.
garyag79 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 11:17   #3639
BHPian
 
ortho_surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kochi
Posts: 92
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
The mechanic reached me in exactly 30 minutes and diagnosed the issue
Looks like Tata is taking their service and sales seriously.

I promptly got a call and a Test drive for the Storme the very next day. I got a Tata asking me about the test drive also. All these things have never happened before. This is really good for the consumer.

Next they should improve the quality of their parts and get good vendors.

TATA vehicles are strongest in India after the Germans and way above the Japanese. The only issue is the quality of parts and after sales service. Since they have finally woken up from their slumber and realised their mistakes. Just hope their sales picks up. Storme is wonderful product they have and the Safari has been always close to my heart.

I hope there is someone from Tatas monitoring this thread.

Last edited by ortho_surgeon : 21st November 2014 at 11:23.
ortho_surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 13:01   #3640
BHPian
 
psurelia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 233
Thanked: 425 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
Last night while driving back to home from office the engine check light came on and the engine lost all power, the truck wasnt accelerating and turbo wasnt kicking in. Parked the car and called up TATA road side assistance. The mechanic reached me in exactly 30 minutes and diagnosed the issue to be that of adulterated fuel entering into the fuel injector. Now I have been regular at two fuel stations on the Faridabad Gurgaon Highway and had got the tank full couple of days ago from one of them. The mechanic opened the fuel tank cap and a rush of air came out, some vaccum had been created probably and then he started the engine and squeezed a black color oval pump kind of thing that is located next to the injector. He told me that this will squeeze out any water / air block from it. Did that for 1 minute and upon restarting everything was fine.

He said this is frequent issue with the Stormes on account of sensors activating the moment they encounter any sort of adulteration in the fuel. Still he has adviced me to get a scan done. Drove to work perfectly fine this morning. Will get the scan done once I am back after a 2 week tour, the truck will rest till that time.

Any fellow Storme owners who has experienced the same issue?? On the other hand kudos to prompt TATA road side assistance, they were very helpful on the phone and made sure mechanic reached me within the said time period.
It's so good to hear such an encouraging feedback on service quality of TML.
psurelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 13:56   #3641
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,170 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Something is rattling / vibrating at slowish speeds at the back of my truck now. Noticing it last couple of weeks now. Makes me want to turn up the volume of music. The service guys adjusted the tailgate, said it should not be there. But it is. Any ideas guys?
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 14:40   #3642
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 9,829
Thanked: 2,943 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

is any of your jump seats down ? Any loose items - esp below the carpets ?
condor is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 15:41   #3643
BHPian
 
stormerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pink City
Posts: 334
Thanked: 475 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Need a quick suggestion. I confirmed with TML they have in fact changed the Gold AMC year/Kms. matrix. Currently the maximum offered is 3 years/45000Kms for INR 38,xxx/-
I believe you are talking to dealership for AMC packages. Try getting in touch with local Tata representative for passenger vehicle. AMC packages are customizable as per your need. You can choose km and duration as per your liking. I have 4yr/1lac km gold AMC. But 4yr AMC comes with extended warranty only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
TATA road side assistance. The mechanic reached me in exactly 30 minutes and diagnosed the issue to be that of adulterated fuel entering into the fuel injector. .
Road side assistance is provided by TVS. It is prompt, but my friend you will now be bugged by the feedback calls from road side assistance and TATA.
stormerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 15:47   #3644
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,170 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
is any of your jump seats down ? Any loose items - esp below the carpets ?
Both jup seats are up - but the restraining straps have become loose (I had them extended when I got seat covers, when the extra foam prevented snapping the clasps into place - now with use the foam has settled a bit, making the straps loose - about a couple of cms of play).

Nothing under the 3rd row carpet. Spare wheel is tightly in place. Jopasu duster in tailgate door pocket. Some video screen cigarette lighter plug, wires etc. under the middle row carpet. My riot police storm baton under co-driver seat front carpet ()

Last edited by ebonho : 21st November 2014 at 15:48.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 16:02   #3645
Senior - BHPian
 
comfortablynumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,150
Thanked: 710 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Nothing under the 3rd row carpet.
Go over a rough patch with a passenger sitting in the middle row. Ask him/her to touch (lightly) and check the seat belt retractors, their covers (if any), the seat belt tongues (the male connector) and their clasps while you are driving. Probably one of these is the culprit.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 21st November 2014 at 16:07.
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Safari Storme 4x4 : Official Review tsk1979 Official New Car Reviews 198 26th November 2015 19:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks