Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 4th May 2015, 15:57   #3976
BHPian

@ebonho - any particular way to treat the chrome strips on the car? Yours are really shining bright!!
storme'd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2015, 17:31   #3977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
Hi All,

If the launch is today/tomorrow or already done:
DO we have a confirmation if the last row is front facing or still the same. Reason for multiple follow ups is looking to book this or will go for Aria.

Apologies for repeated questions.

Regarsd,
Saurabh.
Yes. It is confirmed that the seating arrangement will stay the same.
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2015, 17:42   #3978
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
@ebonho - any particular way to treat the chrome strips on the car? Yours are really shining bright!!
Thanks bro. I wash her just once a week (I don't let my regular guy wash her, he only does the Zen and Baleno).

Once mid week I hose her down with my garden pipe (its summer and my compound is not paved).

And on Sunday, she gets a shampoo with ABRO. I used to use Formula 1. This ABRO is just a different animal. Instantly you can make out the difference in feel and shine.

Nothing else. I'm lazy!
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2015, 21:16   #3979
BHPian

Visited the concorde showroom at South extension delhi, this afternoon. The sales guy mentioned the following :-

1.The vehicle would be in the showroom before Friday this week.
2.bookings have already started with an advance payment of INR 10,000. Delivery should start by 15th may.
3. The 4x4 version would take at least a month from the booking date.
4. Expected on road pricing for VX 4x4 would be around 16.5 lacs.
Libra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2015, 20:45   #3980
BHPian

The central locking mechanism is now malfunctioning. Every time I press lock after shutting all doors, I get one beep which normally comes when one door is not shut properly. The indicator lights are not blinking on locking or unlocking and with one press, all doors are unlocking. Any ideas what the reason could be? Have pushed all doors hard, checked the push button under the hood, all seem fine. TASS is shut tomorrow so stuck till day after. Any DIY welcome.
storme'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2015, 23:42   #3981
BHPian

Quote:
The central locking mechanism is now malfunctioning. Every time I press lock after shutting all doors, I get one beep which normally comes when one door is not shut properly. The indicator lights are not blinking on locking or unlocking and with one press, all doors are unlocking. Any ideas what the reason could be? Have pushed all doors hard, checked the push button under the hood, all seem fine. TASS is shut tomorrow so stuck till day after. Any DIY welcome.
Try spraying WD40 on the door latches. Similar issue in my Dicor was fixed this way.
Holyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 11:05   #3982
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Storme'd and Holy Ghost - thanks, noted and actioned! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 11:40   #3983
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Try spraying WD40 on the door latches. Similar issue in my Dicor was fixed this way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Its highly possible, that the central locking sensor placed in the bonnet is malfunctioning. IIRC this issue has been reported by a couple of people earlier as well and by AutoCar India (for their long term test Safari Storme). A simple adjustment of this sensor should resolve this issue.

PS: I've faced the exact same issue in my SX4, it was resolved in 5 minutes flat.
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 12:04   #3984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Mr. Dhabhar, highly appreciate the way you diligently yet silently(most of the times) keep a track of the relevant forums and come to the rescue whenever the need arises. Having one of 'our own' here surely instils immense confidence on the brand and precisely that's one of the major decisive factor for me to consider storme as my next vehicle very soon. In fact, when my apprehensive younger brother questioned my decision to buy a TATA, my exact words were 'BD sir hain na' . #Respect

@Ebonho, I found two abro products online. Premium Abro Gold costing 373 on amazon and Abro wash n glo costing 292 on the same site. The later seems to be a newly launched product with not many reviews. Which one would you suggest?

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th May 2015 at 12:25. Reason: Back to back posts.
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 12:25   #3985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
@Ebonho, I found two abro products online. Premium Abro Gold costing 373 on amazon and Abro wash n glo costing 292 on the same site. The later seems to be a newly launched product with not many reviews. Which one would you suggest?
I think I have that big plastic can of Carnauba Wash-n-Glo (almost 1 liter). It cost me 400+ bucks from Dorabjee's supermarket here in Pune. Next time I'll order it online.

P.S. Its even more confidence inspiring having both BEHRAM and Tata Motors right here in Pune. Its like an additional complimentary Extended Warranty I never had to pay for, which makes it so much sweeter.

Last edited by ebonho : 7th May 2015 at 12:40.
Old 7th May 2015, 12:46   #3986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I think I have that big plastic can of Carnauba Wash-n-Glo (almost 1 liter). It cost me 400+ bucks from Dorabjee's supermarket here in Pune. Next time I'll order it online.

P.S. Its even more confidence inspiring having both BEHRAM and Tata Motors right here in Pune. Its like an additional complimentary Extended Warranty I never had to pay for, which makes it so much sweeter.
Both have carnauba wax in it. Will do some research and order it. P.S- that additional warranty comment was bang on. Making the delhi-wallahs jealous grrr.
Storme_on_d_way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 19:50   #3987
BHPian

I am planning to buy a car for the past 10 months and have been waiting for the Storme refresh. I'd budgeted about 10 lakhs on road but am going to stretch myself for a Storme.
I just read about the 1.2 lakhs discount on the current Storme. Is it better to go for the current Lx or wait for the refresh and maybe go for the Ex? There was a rumour that the refresh will be cheaper than the current model.
wildsdi5530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 20:39   #3988
Distinguished - BHPian

The new EX will not be at the same price as the current LX. Also, the current line up is good.

The current LX should have disc brakes on all wheels, but the new LX looks to be having drum brakes on the rear wheels.

You could go ahead for the current LX - and make use of the discounts available.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2015, 12:35   #3989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The new EX will not be at the same price as the current LX. Also, the current line up is good.

The current LX should have disc brakes on all wheels, but the new LX looks to be having drum brakes on the rear wheels.

You could go ahead for the current LX - and make use of the discounts available.
I agree with you. From the sound of things, the new LX gains on the engine/clutch front, but loses on the brakes.

That said, I know how ginger my Dicor friends are about the brakes at highway speeds.

Difficult choice.
Old 8th May 2015, 12:42   #3990
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
From the sound of things, the new LX gains on the engine/clutch front, but loses on the brakes.

That said, I know how ginger my Dicor friends are about the brakes at highway speeds.

Difficult choice.
Not very difficult, I'd say. But then I am not in our friend's shoes

I'd rather live with better braking with the 4-wheel-disc-brake-ABS than another 10 bhp or so. Plus add to that: the discounts on the current versions. Also, the differences between the two versions of Storme are not the kind of differences between the Dicor & the Storme.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote