Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 10th June 2013, 14:13   #1021
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

If the humidity is very high or if one drives for a bit with the windows down and if there happens to be condensed water in the AC duct from earlier or being formed in real time then one sees this kind of white mist. I used to happen on my Safari TCIC. If every thing else is dry and if there is no specific possibility of rain water leakage into the blower channels then this is quite fine.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 15:06   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Now that we know what it is, I hope it happens more often.

Gives a really other-worldly surreal effect in the cabin at night (especially if you are out on a desolate road).

Like the fake mist/clouds from those machines on stage. Makes you feel like you are up high in the mountains with the clouds rolling in .....
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 15:31   #1023
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Have been looking for mats, to help protect the carpet mats in the Storme.

I have a set of add-on mats, with a beige color carpet type material (on top), and the lower side is a synthetic, black color.

What I noticed is that the guys at Prerana Motors flip the mats over when I hand it for servicing. And strighten it when they return the STorme after servicing. This is a simple way to protect the mats, and I think the same can be used during rains / similar situations when we need to protect the mats.

I dont think this is a new approach, but appreciate the guys at Prerana Motors for doing this.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...mium-mats.html (3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats)

Or do what I and Kpzen did

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
I have noticed in the last couple of weeks that the front central AC vents start emitting white smoke after the AC is on for around 10 mins specifically when the temperature is showing under 40 degrees. This effects the airflow as well as the cooling. Has anyone else experienced this? Do I need to get this checked?
Also my brakes keep making squeaking sounds (as if some dust I caught in them). What to do for this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
If the humidity is very high or if one drives for a bit with the windows down and if there happens to be condensed water in the AC duct from earlier or being formed in real time then one sees this kind of white mist. I used to happen on my Safari TCIC. If every thing else is dry and if there is no specific possibility of rain water leakage into the blower channels then this is quite fine.
I get this rarely. Never was an issue but interesting since I havent/heard of the same happening in other cars.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 15:34   #1024
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Man your Storme really is a twin of mine! Happened the other day to me on my night drive too. But since the window was down, I thought the whitish smoke was smoke or fog from outside. It disappeared then immediately and was not seen again. No burning smell. What could it have been? Condensate vapor?
Happens in my Safari too. By smoke you mean that fog like condensation which blows out of the A/C vents correct? Nothing to worry, when the air conditioning is strong and there is enough moisture (water vapour) in the air, the cooled air releases the moisture like fog. Its especially visible in airplanes waiting with doors open, during monsoons or airports with high humiditiy.
apachelongbow is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 15:53   #1025
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Or do what I .. did
Red color ? noooo !!!!

btw, I am still searching for those pvc transparent mats that have spikes on teh bottom side.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 16:15   #1026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Red color ? noooo !!!!

btw, I am still searching for those pvc transparent mats that have spikes on teh bottom side.
My experience with these (across price ranges) is that they harden up quickly and get warped (like papad) and discolored, making them look really shabby.

Rubber mats on the other hand last much more and do not harden or crack or warp.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 20:17   #1027
BHPian

Hi All,

today I had been to KHT motors show room to book Storme and came to know about the double din dashboard, I was under an impression that a new central console is being designed to integrate Double din system, but got little disappointed to know that it is actually an accessory, its a Blaupunkt system which has 6/7 inch TFT Touch screen monitor which slide opens down covering the cup-holder area, this will make the cup-holders not usable. Though they did not have any information except for the image of the device, no idea if it has got any GPS maps integrated and support for rear view camera. The estimated cost was around 30 -35 k they will confirm by next week
avanishphatak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2013, 12:26   #1028
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
I guess it depends on the available space below the front and rear left seats as that's where I assume the tank is (that's where it is in my ARIA). It must be there, as the Strome shares the chassis with the ARIA
The tank is placed between the front & rear wheels, on the left side. The other side has the expansion chamber (?) of the exhaust. A slightly bigger tank may fit in in the current position, but may be they played it safe, considering that we are talking of the fuel tank.
Old 17th June 2013, 09:43   #1029
NMS
BHPian

I recently Visited the Concorde Showroom in Pune. Over there was one of the Stormes which they have been using for promotional events. It had a new HU, which Tata apparently calls a 2 Din system.
Essentially it is still a 1 Din system with a screen that is of the size of a 2 Din. It is touch screen. And apparently is quite good. From what I was told it is Blaupunkt. It would come at a cost of 20K or can be obtained on buyback for the alpine system which comes standard with the Safari. The official launch for this would be on the 19th of June.

Another interesting thing I noticed was a Start-Stop button. They confirmed that this will also be available as a genuine accessory. The fit was surprisingly good.
NMS is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 09:50   #1030
BHPian

Post Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS View Post
Essentially it is still a 1 Din system with a screen that is of the size of a 2 Din. It is touch screen.
As far as I know every 2 DIN system is essentially 1 DIN with a screen size of 2 DIN, TATAs are not offering anything inferior in this regard.
mroptimist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 09:53   #1031
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Another interesting thing I noticed was a Start-Stop button. They confirmed that this will also be available as a genuine accessory. The fit was surprisingly good.
Thanks, NMS. That will be helpful accessory.

The buy-back on the existing HU would not be much, IMO.
Old 17th June 2013, 11:02   #1032
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It had a new HU, which Tata apparently calls a 2 Din system.
Essentially it is still a 1 Din system with a screen that is of the size of a 2 Din. It is touch screen. And apparently is quite good. From what I was told it is Blaupunkt. It would come at a cost of 20K or can be obtained on buyback for the alpine system which comes standard with the Safari. The official launch for this would be on the 19th of June.

wow finally they wake up and offer some decent accessories. But they should make the 2 Din system standard.

So are they allowed to cut wires or will the present system socket match that of this new one?

Start Stop button would imply significant changes to the ignition key setup. Wonder how they are offering this as an official accessory. Or maybe it will be standard in the newer Storme.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 11:07   #1033
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
wow finally they wake up and offer some decent accessories. But they should make the 2 Din system standard.
I think it will be standard on new production vehicles, at least on VX. And available as retrofit on those already manufactured / sold.
Old 17th June 2013, 12:25   #1034
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think it will be standard on new production vehicles, at least on VX. And available as retrofit on those already manufactured / sold.
Yep on the new ones it is quite clear but the question is that to retrofit on those already manufactured / sold it will mean cutting wires / adding new sockets and will they permit this breaking their own standard warranty terms?
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 14:06   #1035
NMS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
As far as I know every 2 DIN system is essentially 1 DIN with a screen size of 2 DIN, TATAs are not offering anything inferior in this regard.
Never contested the quality bit By 1 Din system I only meant the panel that fits in the Dash ! I am quite a noob with regards to Car Audio, but the setup they had in the Storme was sounding quite good.

Quote:
Thanks, NMS. That will be helpful accessory.

The buy-back on the existing HU would not be much, IMO.
Agreed, However if you exchange it directly from the Showroom while buying, i guess it might still give a decent value.

Quote:

So are they allowed to cut wires or will the present system socket match that of this new one?

Start Stop button would imply significant changes to the ignition key setup. Wonder how they are offering this as an official accessory. Or maybe it will be standard in the newer Storme.
From what I was told cutting of wires might not be required. The person at Tata was also saying about providing an Active Subwoofer as an official accessory

Quote:
Yep on the new ones it is quite clear but the question is that to retrofit on those already manufactured / sold it will mean cutting wires / adding new sockets and will they permit this breaking their own standard warranty terms?
IMO the warranty might not be affected if you get all the changes done at their workshop.
Skoda dealer had also told me the same thing (Skoda however isnt much of a benchmark though )

There was something that I couldn't get a reply to. They were not able to tell me if the new HU can be connected to the reverse camera or not?
NMS is offline   Reply With Quote