Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2013, 16:56   #1216
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,492
Thanked: 1,070 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Finally bit the "bullet" - hope it doesn't turn out to be a timebomb. Lx it is.
So you did it finally. What color have you chosen? Did they have any display LXs at the showroom?
Congrats and keep us posted...!!
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2013, 17:16   #1217
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 2,588
Thanked: 801 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
So you did it finally. What color have you chosen? Did they have any display LXs at the showroom?
Congrats and keep us posted...!!
Dev - I booked a Pearl white. Would have loved to book the Urban Bronze but stretching to the Ex just for the colour didn't make sense. No they don't display the Lx in the showroom but brought a car from their yard. Strangely the Lx interiors looked far better than the Vx to me. Now I just need to figure out a solution for the arm rest problem
narayan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2013, 17:38   #1218
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 9,828
Thanked: 2,942 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

PW was my first choice too, then decided for the Pearl Champagne.
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Strangely the Lx interiors looked far better than the Vx to me.
Mainly because of the dark dashboard, I think. One thing is for sure - there is hardly any - (almost none) reflection of the dash on to the windshield.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2013, 18:46   #1219
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 186
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Dev - I booked a Pearl white. Would have loved to book the Urban Bronze but stretching to the Ex just for the colour didn't make sense. No they don't display the Lx in the showroom but brought a car from their yard. Strangely the Lx interiors looked far better than the Vx to me. Now I just need to figure out a solution for the arm rest problem
I also found the LX / EX to be much better, especially without the faux-wood. Now if only they had an EX 4x4 (preferably with airbags).

Last edited by chinkara : 14th July 2013 at 19:02.
chinkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2013, 10:53   #1220
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 2,588
Thanked: 801 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Guys - a quick query. What would be a price range for after market alloys from decent brands for the OE size of the Storme. Want to take a decision between OE vs after market. Dealer confirmed that no issues with warranty as long as the specs remain the same
narayan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2013, 11:16   #1221
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,018
Thanked: 360 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys - a quick query. What would be a price range for after market alloys from decent brands for the OE size of the Storme. Want to take a decision between OE vs after market. Dealer confirmed that no issues with warranty as long as the specs remain the same
Find out the correct PCD and offset value of the OEM alloys ,

AFAIK Safari OEM alloys have negative offset and aftermarket alloys with same spec are not very common among taiwanese imports.
Aura / neo used to have safari specific alloys but aura no longer exists.
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2013, 13:32   #1222
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,170 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
It is rear, not front.

No, it's a pro-active replacement. My rear shocks were replaced even though there was no problem. It's one of the updates that was done, along with the door strikers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Oh ok. I was told that they were leaking. They were front coil over shockers. They are also replacing coil springs.

Ah well the great retro shop of tml starts.
@Condor, I do not think they are doing these replacements for ALL Stormes, but only in those where leakage is seen. I have seen the Tata Motors Checklist and this is what it says:

Front and Rear Shock Absorber (MAT617021DNC03933)

Check for oil leakage if any.

Replace if necessary.

They were ok and not replaced in my Storme during the recent check-up camp. Only the Steering big washers were (the steering end stopper bolts, Alternator U lock nut, and Door Striers had already been updated previously).
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2013, 11:40   #1223
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 129
Thanked: 76 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Guys

Booked the Storme VX Asterne Black last week. Got over 50k discount thanks to help from TMIL executive and dealer. Vehicle has reached Bangalore last night and is gone for PDI at the service center today. Hopeful of delivery by end of the week
No after market fittings as of now. Will check on Extended Warranty and AMC after speaking to the service engineer post 1st free service.
Question - Since the ICE is not great (read speakers only) should i go in for speaker upgrade or plug in an amp for better sound. I need a good ICE system for sure as i am one of those who listen to music most of the time. Also, any other upgrades required which are essential and not nice to have ones
subraiyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2013, 12:27   #1224
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,575
Thanked: 1,234 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Guys

Booked the Storme VX Asterne Black last week. Got over 50k discount thanks to help from TMIL executive and dealer. Vehicle has reached Bangalore last night and is gone for PDI at the service center today. Hopeful of delivery by end of the week
No after market fittings as of now. Will check on Extended Warranty and AMC after speaking to the service engineer post 1st free service.
Question - Since the ICE is not great (read speakers only) should i go in for speaker upgrade or plug in an amp for better sound. I need a good ICE system for sure as i am one of those who listen to music most of the time. Also, any other upgrades required which are essential and not nice to have ones
Start with speakers. If you have budget, get amp. damping and sub.
I did it in steps.

Ref: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ice-beast.html
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2013, 12:30   #1225
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,018
Thanked: 360 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Guys


No after market fittings as of now. Will check on Extended Warranty and AMC after speaking to the service engineer post 1st free service.
Congratulations for your new ride , My 2 paisa advice you can take extended warranty and AMC with eyes shut. You can have 4 years of zero maintenance expense service.

7000 Rs for additional 1 year is dirt cheap for vehicle of this class and size.
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2013, 17:40   #1226
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 9,828
Thanked: 2,942 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Congrats ! Here's wishing a long, happy ownership. And welcome to the club
Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
should i go in for speaker upgrade or plug in an amp for better sound. I need a good ICE system for sure as i am one of those who listen to music most of the time.
Upgrade the speakers. You can think of HU / Amp later. Just the speakers will make a lot of difference.

Get Extended Wty, and AMC. At least silver, or based on distance you plan to run each year. Dont miss either of these.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2013, 18:45   #1227
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 171
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Guys I noticed some sort of a haze right in front of both the headlamps and directly in front of the projector beam. This is not something which I am able to wipe away rather its like the plastic or whatever that is has started to fade away due to the heat from the projectors. Anyone facing similar issues?
storme'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2013, 18:56   #1228
BHPian
 
stormerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pink City
Posts: 334
Thanked: 475 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
Guys I noticed some sort of a haze right in front of both the headlamps and directly in front of the projector beam. This is not something which I am able to wipe away rather its like the plastic or whatever that is has started to fade away due to the heat from the projectors. Anyone facing similar issues?
My front driver side headlamp unit was changed under warranty for fogging. You must complain. Ebonho also faced the same and got them changed.
stormerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2013, 21:15   #1229
BHPian
 
NST440's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jalandhar
Posts: 180
Thanked: 156 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
Guys I noticed some sort of a haze right in front of both the headlamps and directly in front of the projector beam. This is not something which I am able to wipe away rather its like the plastic or whatever that is has started to fade away due to the heat from the projectors. Anyone facing similar issues?
Can you pls. provide some pictures of the fogging so that a solution can be thought of.
NST440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 09:12   #1230
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 2,588
Thanked: 801 Times
Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Guys

Booked the Storme VX Asterne Black last week. Got over 50k discount thanks to help from TMIL executive and dealer.
Congrats ! Can you please elaborate on what comprised the "over 50k discount" - thanks
narayan is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Safari Storme 4x4 : Official Review tsk1979 Official New Car Reviews 198 26th November 2015 19:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks