Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 4th December 2015, 13:26   #121
BHPian

Default Advice Regarding Buying a 2014 CR-V

Hello Everyone!
I have stumbled upon a sparingly used 2014 CRV 2.4 which has only run about 2000kms. The Car is in excellent condition and is still under Honda Warranty. While I am quite sold on the Car, I have a few questions regarding it.

1.Is the 2014 CR-V expensive to maintain? How much am i looking to spend every year on general servicing and consumables? I have been using Maruti Suzuki Ritz/SX4 since the last 5 years. While I know maintaining a CR-V would be higher than the SX4, I just want a rough idea as to how much would it cost me a year for general servicing and maintenance

2. Since, The Mileage of CR-V in the city is quite low, I might go down the CNG conversion road at some point. I am used to using CNG vehicles as My SX4 was converted to CNG 5 years back. While I know that enthusiasts would definitely say No for a CNG conversion, Would it create any issues with the car in case I opt for it?

It will be great if you all can advice me on this topic(specifically on the maintainence part) as I am looking to make a decision soon.
Thanks
PS: I am only considering the CR-V for now
nimit3105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2015, 13:39   #122
BHPian

Default Re: Advice Regarding Buying a 2014 CR-V

The CRV will cost about as much as a Honda Accord to maintain. I'd budget around Rs 15,000-20,000 per year for general maintenance, with a bit of a safety net.
The running of the CRV in question is extremely low, please do make sure there are no problems with it.

I'm not so sure you should do a CNG conversion. If there are any problems because of it, the cost of repair will be quite high. If you feel that you are unable to, or do not wish to assume the yearly cost of petrol for this car, then this may not be the car for you.
imp! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2015, 13:52   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
The CRV will cost about as much as a Honda Accord to maintain. I'd budget around Rs 15,000-20,000 per year for general maintenance, with a bit of a safety net.
The running of the CRV in question is extremely low, please do make sure there are no problems with it.

I'm not so sure you should do a CNG conversion. If there are any problems because of it, the cost of repair will be quite high. If you feel that you are unable to, or do not wish to assume the yearly cost of petrol for this car, then this may not be the car for you.
Rs 15,000-20,000 a year is pretty reasonable for a CR-V. Regarding the CNG conversion, I know a few people who had their CRV converted to CNG(previous generation model) and are quite happy with the final outcome.
nimit3105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2015, 00:16   #124
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimit3105 View Post
Hello Everyone!
I have stumbled upon a sparingly used 2014 CRV 2.4 which has only run about 2000kms. The Car is in excellent condition and is still under Honda Warranty. While I am quite sold on the Car, I have a few questions regarding it.

1.Is the 2014 CR-V expensive to maintain? How much am i looking to spend every year on general servicing and consumables? I have been using Maruti Suzuki Ritz/SX4 since the last 5 years. While I know maintaining a CR-V would be higher than the SX4, I just want a rough idea as to how much would it cost me a year for general servicing and maintenance

2. Since, The Mileage of CR-V in the city is quite low, I might go down the CNG conversion road at some point. I am used to using CNG vehicles as My SX4 was converted to CNG 5 years back. While I know that enthusiasts would definitely say No for a CNG conversion, Would it create any issues with the car in case I opt for it?

It will be great if you all can advice me on this topic(specifically on the maintainence part) as I am looking to make a decision soon.
Thanks
PS: I am only considering the CR-V for now
Have seen the current accord 2.4L engine converted to Converted to Cng so CRV should be fine as well.

Maintenance in terms of service cost would be comfortable but accident repairs and insurance costs would be a different story. So be prepared to shell out a fair bit in case you have any accidents and dents or broken fenders, bumped mirrors and lights to pay for and also for the insurance.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2016, 01:26   #125
BHPian

Default Re: Honda CR-V : Driven

A question which I haven't found an answer to for 1 week - the 2010 Honda CR V launched in Nov 2009 was supposed to up the engine (2.4 AT) from 166 bhp to 180 bhp. Did this happen? Does anyone have a fact sheet for 2010 facelift Honda crv?
vivekrvcse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2016, 00:37   #126
BHPian

Honda CR-V finally coming with a diesel option for India market. Long awaited by many. Now let's see how soon they launch this for Indian customers.

http://www.msn.com/en-in/autos/news/...gbRN&ocid=iehp
geotracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2016, 11:52   #127
BHPian

5th generation CR-V. 7 seater.

Too good to be true. Will it come to India with all stuff mentioned?

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/5th-genera...from=home-auto
Ehsank78 is offline   Reply With Quote