Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2014, 20:56   #2131
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Baripada
Posts: 377
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I don't own Amaze nor GT TDi, but for the same situation- I would have picked GT TDi with eyes closed. I feel it's good VFM compared to Amaze.

Difference in Bangalore falls within 50k IIRC between GT TDi and Amaze VX, not sure what makes Amaze VFM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazeGuru View Post
If your friend can go little light on the 'Ride Quality' parameter, he can close his eyes and go for Amaze Diesel. Apart from great power, this car comes with excellent boot space, good cabin space and amazing fuel efficiency which are additional benefits for your friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
My pick will be Swift among this. Second one will be Polo 1.6 GT TDi (This will be first if you friend can afford and is OK with the supposedly higher service costs).
Thank you all for your opinion & advice. My friend is not on a tight budget, but will like to spend as less as possible if he gets all that what he wants ie. powerful engine for stress free highway cruising & overtaking and good ride quality for comfort.

Swift is the cheapest & safest choice without any doubt, but it is ok only upto 120 kmph or so, after which the car dies down and no/negligible power remain in reserve.

Polo 1.6 TDI & i-20 CRDI have no such problem as per my personal experience. Though I have not tried Polo 1.6 TDI, but have driven Vento-TDI on highways. i-20 CRDI too has enough reserve power even at 120 kmph in 6th gear.

Yet to have a TD of Amaze. I know it has enough space for it's size, but that is not an absolute must for my friend, as most of the time he will be alone in the car. The +ves as per team-bhp inputs are- 100 bhp engine, newest car among the shortlisted ones, less/no turbo lag, best FE, should be at ease both in city & highways.

Fully agree with the views of CrAzY dRiVeR. It seems to us that it makes more sense to go for a top end hatch rather than a compromised sedan ( no offense to Amaze owners plz.) for his requirement.

Ride quality of Polo should be the best among the shortlisted ones. It also has the most powerful engine and best build quality. Not sure about the on road price of Polo 1.6 TDI & discounts on offer. Amaze has no offer probably, Swift & i-20 have. i-20 & Swift are due for next gen models sometime soon. Polo appears to make the wallet lightest upfront & subsequently too. Ride quality of i-20 is a concern, but it has most gizmos like rear camera, electrically foldable mirror, push bottom start etc etc. Swift is most pocket friendly, has good ride, but likely to run out of breath on open highways,my friend will be frequenting on. Oh....., what a dilemma. But it's so exciting to be amidst such an ocean of confusions, GOD BLESS COMPETITION.

Thoughts welcome, any other alternative worth considering?

Cheers
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2014, 21:35   #2132
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Baripada
Posts: 377
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Mods- Sorry for diverting. Plz move to appropriate thread as you deem fit.

Last edited by Chitta Pradhan : 17th March 2014 at 21:37. Reason: correction
Chitta Pradhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 09:05   #2133
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 324
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Dad picked up a Honda Amaze i-DTEC yesterday. I wasn't around though when he took delivery of the vehicle. Late in the night when I took it for a drive, I found the steering to be pretty tight. I am afraid it could be some fault in the steering system. Guys any inputs on this ?
rajivn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 13:22   #2134
BHPian
 
AmazeGuru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 70
Thanked: 136 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Dad picked up a Honda Amaze i-DTEC yesterday. I wasn't around though when he took delivery of the vehicle. Late in the night when I took it for a drive, I found the steering to be pretty tight. I am afraid it could be some fault in the steering system. Guys any inputs on this ?
First, hearty congratulations on the new Amaze Diesel! Wishing you happy oil burning with the new car.

There could be two reasons for steering being tight:

1. Tyre pressure variation - get this checked at the nearest fuel station
2. Problem with the Alignment - get this checked at the service center. I also had same problem with my Amaze Diesel after 1st service and it took it back to the service center. They found an issue with wheel alignment and it was fixed right there free of cost.

Rest assured you cannot go wrong with a Honda steering and this tightness is likely to be caused because of one of the above reasons.
AmazeGuru is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 22:53   #2135
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 324
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Thanks for your wishes and assurance. I guess it could be one of the issues that you mentioned.
rajivn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2014, 13:31   #2136
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 31
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
Hey PPS !

CONGRATS on the new Amaze. Could you pl throw some light on switching from an Indica to an Amaze ? I mean from TATA to Honda ? I have not come across such individuals so far ? Just curiosity.

And yes, the cost cutting on these (read Amaze / Etios) vehicles does actually AMAZE ! (el-cheapo ideas, whosoever thought of them). I would have switched to cheaper brands (read JK / MRF) and skinny tyres (New City aka masha-allah), removed all the wheel well casings, lesser tools, no spare bulb, bare minimum owner manual, thinner carpeting inside, thinner roof liner, etc to reduce costs. Not the manual / cable driven OVRM adjuster - what would it cost incrementally (beats me). 12V charging point, yes, costs money for the extra wiring / looming, capacity of battery + charging as also extra fuse and the charging point cost itself.
Definitely ridiculous ! I too had the same experience when I bought my EMT Diesel. More than the absence of charger, I did not find a provision for the same. And yes, we need to drill in a hole and use a cigar lighter and connect to battery routing through a fuse.
pravinkenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2014, 14:34   #2137
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 12
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Hi Folks.

Here is an interesting mistake which Capital Honda, Chennai did. I was called by them to collect the RC book for my Honda Amaze which I got delivered some 40-45 days back in Feb. I collected the RC, checked my pic, the signature around, and was about to leave the showroom, when suddenly, wile reaching the parking spot, I noticed a new Honda City 2014 parked next to my car with the same number, YES absolutely same number.

I was surprise to see this, went inside, and checked with the owner of the car, who was waiting at the reception to receive his RC copy. The showroom folks were asked to enquire about this, and it was brought to light that somehow both of us took the delivery on the same day, possibly around the same time, and while bringing in the number plates from the inside of showroom, by mistake wrong number plates were put on the Honda City.

Honda city owner was driving the car for close to 0 days with the wrong number plate. Fortunately, both of us were not caught at the same time by the same cop for a routine checkup otherwise it would have been difficult to handle.

The onlookers were in surprise as well and were making all kinds of comments, but there was a winner with the following comment, "Arrey ek City hai aur ek Amaze. Dono alag hai toh kya problem hai. Scooters mein bhi kabhi kabhi same number aa jaata hai."

Here is a pic that we took with my old phone. I say old phone because the quality is not so clear.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze : Official Review-same-car-number.jpg  

gurminder_81 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2014, 18:57   #2138
BHPian
 
vsrivatsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 448
Thanked: 275 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurminder_81 View Post
Hi Folks.

Here is an interesting mistake which Capital Honda, Chennai did. I was called by them to collect the RC book for my Honda Amaze which I got delivered some 40-45 days back in Feb. I collected the RC, checked my pic, the signature around, and was about to leave the showroom, when suddenly, wile reaching the parking spot, I noticed a new Honda City 2014 parked next to my car with the same number, YES absolutely same number.

I was surprise to see this, went inside, and checked with the owner of the car, who was waiting at the reception to receive his RC copy. The showroom folks were asked to enquire about this, and it was brought to light that somehow both of us took the delivery on the same day, possibly around the same time, and while bringing in the number plates from the inside of showroom, by mistake wrong number plates were put on the Honda City.

Honda city owner was driving the car for close to 0 days with the wrong number plate. Fortunately, both of us were not caught at the same time by the same cop for a routine checkup otherwise it would have been difficult to handle.

The onlookers were in surprise as well and were making all kinds of comments, but there was a winner with the following comment, "Arrey ek City hai aur ek Amaze. Dono alag hai toh kya problem hai. Scooters mein bhi kabhi kabhi same number aa jaata hai."

Here is a pic that we took with my old phone. I say old phone because the quality is not so clear.
That is interesting. I guess with the number of units of the Honda cars being sold - the dealers are having a round the clock schedule. In any case, such goof ups aren't good for the Honda Brand in any case. Luckily you noticed - otherwise you never know for how long the other car owner would have used your number plate and what other issues might have come up...
vsrivatsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2014, 18:34   #2139
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 86
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurminder_81 View Post
.... while bringing in the number plates from the inside of showroom, by mistake wrong number plates were put on the Honda City....
Am I missing something here? These are IND number plates, right? At least in WB, these are fixed at RTO, not at the dealership. If these are dealer supplied number plates, then its understandable, otherwise.....
Please make sure that your RC books are okay with everything. I would even check the VIN in the invoice to that in RC.
Inquisitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2014, 18:57   #2140
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 7,418
Thanked: 9,317 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurminder_81 View Post
Hi Folks. Here is an interesting mistake which Capital Honda, Chennai did. I was called by them to collect the RC book for my Honda Amaze which I got delivered some 40-45 days back in Feb. I collected the RC, checked my pic, the signature around, and was about to leave the showroom, when suddenly, wile reaching the parking spot, I noticed a new Honda City 2014 parked next to my car with the same number, YES absolutely same number. I was surprise to see this, went inside, and checked with the owner of the car, who was waiting at the reception to receive his RC copy. The showroom folks were asked to enquire about this, and it was brought to light that somehow both of us took the delivery on the same day, possibly around the same time, and while bringing in the number plates from the inside of showroom, by mistake wrong number plates were put on the Honda City. Honda city owner was driving the car for close to 0 days with the wrong number plate. Fortunately, both of us were not caught at the same time by the same cop for a routine checkup otherwise it would have been difficult to handle. The onlookers were in surprise as well and were making all kinds of comments, but there was a winner with the following comment, "Arrey ek City hai aur ek Amaze. Dono alag hai toh kya problem hai. Scooters mein bhi kabhi kabhi same number aa jaata hai." Here is a pic that we took with my old phone. I say old phone because the quality is not so clear.
For every car they make 2 number plates. How could they accidentally put it on both cars- unless someone realised the mistake, and made duplicate set of plates for you?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2014, 00:46   #2141
Senior - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,978
Thanked: 2,864 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurminder_81 View Post
I noticed a new Honda City 2014 parked next to my car with the same number, YES absolutely same number.
Good that it ended with a number plate misplacement. Some time back in bangalore, One black Polo and a black Fiesta got the same number registered by the RTO. This issue came to light when one person was caught for a traffic violation and the second guy received the challan for it.

Here is the complete news.Sorry, the news is in kannada but you can understand from the visuals.



Just noticed that the Fiesta had a LTD sticker.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2014, 11:04   #2142
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 12
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
Am I missing something here? These are IND number plates, right? At least in WB, these are fixed at RTO, not at the dealership. If these are dealer supplied number plates, then its understandable, otherwise.....
Please make sure that your RC books are okay with everything. I would even check the VIN in the invoice to that in RC.
Capital Honda is not supplying the IND number plates. Before the delivery, I had asked them for IND plates, but they said, it is not mandatory here in TN and we do not supply that. If you need, you yourself can go and get it done at RTO office. I did not went to RTO, because I knew I would be shifting soon to Bangalore within next 4-5 months. Now, I am due for shifting base from Chennai to Bangalore next month, and would get the IND number plates when I get a new registration number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
For every car they make 2 number plates. How could they accidentally put it on both cars- unless someone realised the mistake, and made duplicate set of plates for you?
I doubt that if only 2 plates were prepared. I guess, its just the sticker: whatever number plate is needed, they paste the sticker numbers on the white plate. When the showroom realized the mistake, within 5 minutes, the new number plates were brought and replaced on the city car.

I agree, that I was lucky that we both came to the showroom at the same time and noticed the gaffe. Otherwise, it is very common to not pay attention to each and every detail in the documents given: be it RC or insurance or something else. I checked all details afterwards and all seems well.
gurminder_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2014, 19:49   #2143
BHPian
 
Top-Gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 208
Thanked: 106 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurminder_81 View Post
Capital Honda is not supplying the IND number plates. Before the delivery, I had asked them for IND plates, but they said, it is not mandatory here in TN and we do not supply that. If you need, you yourself can go and get it done at RTO office. I did not went to RTO, because I knew I would be shifting soon to Bangalore within next 4-5 months. Now, I am due for shifting base from Chennai to Bangalore next month, and would get the IND number plates when I get a new registration number.



I doubt that if only 2 plates were prepared. I guess, its just the sticker: whatever number plate is needed, they paste the sticker numbers on the white plate. When the showroom realized the mistake, within 5 minutes, the new number plates were brought and replaced on the city car.

I agree, that I was lucky that we both came to the showroom at the same time and noticed the gaffe. Otherwise, it is very common to not pay attention to each and every detail in the documents given: be it RC or insurance or something else. I checked all details afterwards and all seems well.
The so-called IND number plates are fake and have been deemed illegal, as per a newspaper report. Hope you are aware.
Top-Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2014, 14:40   #2144
Senior - BHPian
 
r_nairtvm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dubai/TRV/BLR
Posts: 1,614
Thanked: 1,348 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Does any one here know the diameter of the Front Speakers in the Amaze. Particularly the VX model - one with ABS and the Airbags.

What I have is VX AT Petrol, but I suppose the speaker size would be identical in all.

Trying to chnage this to a component one and I need this info to buy new speakers and at the moment I am not in India to physically mesure it, hence, the request

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2014, 14:44   #2145
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paradise City!!
Posts: 64
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Recently I had bought the Amaze Diesel S, through Ring Road Honda, Gurgaon.
Been 45 days or so, although I have recieved the RC, the high security number plates are still due.
Upon checking with my dealer, they say that there is a court case going on against the firm producing those plates in Gurgaon.

Anyone knows something about these?

By the way, I am enjoying the uber mileage of the car. Consistently getting 19+ kmpl in NCR traffic. Super.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda Amaze: Oil leak, engine seized! A bad experience with Honda service parimal_g Technical Stuff 163 16th July 2016 02:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:57.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks