Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 23rd November 2016, 18:45   #2611
BHPian

Unhappy Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Below is my case and the email written to Honda.

But Honda has just refused to accept their quality issue

Hi ,
I considered myself to be the proud owner of Honda Amaze Diesel S MT with registration no. MH 47 N **** in Mumbai region
But a recent quality issue in the vehicle has left a dent in this belief I would like to bring to your notice the quality issue being faced by me currently
The vehicle was purchased in 11th July 2016.
Today when it went to Solitaire Honda service centre for clutch related problem, they told me that the Clutch and fly wheel are worn out. It came to me as a shock as the vehicle is merely 3 – 4 months old. And it is from Honda – a brand that we trust since years
I have had multiple vehicles from Honda in the past but never expected / faced such a quality issue
This seems to be a clear case of faulty / substandard part being put which has caused the failure in such a new car
I strongly feel that this part should be replaced under warranty from Honda India.
Given the Honda brand and reputation I sincerely urge you to look into this and suggest. Your early attention will be appreciated
Honda Amaze Diesel S MT
MH 47 N ****
Part : Clutch Plates and Fly wheel

Folks, can you suggest anything or should I just go ahead and replace the clutch and the fly wheel spending around 30K

Last edited by sbr_yash : 23rd November 2016 at 18:57. Reason: Typo
sbr_yash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2016, 20:51   #2612
BHPian

Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Does anybody know how much the new amaze's arm rest cost? Is it possible to fit this in the older models too?
Whiplash7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2016, 21:03   #2613
BHPian

Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbr_yash View Post
Below is my case and the email written to Honda.

[/b]Folks, can you suggest anything or should I just go ahead and replace the clutch and the fly wheel spending around 30K
Sorry to hear about the issues you have faced. I strongly recommend you to get the replacement done within warranty. Honda asking you to pay 30k for part replacement within 4 months is simply ridiculous. I've been through this in my Amaze (replacement of brake pad within 10k).

The service center will push for you to pay for the parts, but be adamant on replacement within warranty and escalate this matter to Honda HQ.
AmazeGuru is offline   Reply With Quote