Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2013, 21:06   #1126
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Delhi,Allahabad
Posts: 274
Thanked: 200 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
Please give few examples of CRDI's with similar power ratings giving 17KMPL with AC even before the first 1000 Kms

I have driven Indigo extensively, logan a bit and test driven amaze. Amaze easily was the most powerful of the three although noisier.
My comparison was purely with Vibe and I still feel Amaze beats Vibe hands down in most of the departments.
The TATA CR4, The Renault K9K / dCi, the Hyundai 120 / Verna engine, The Ford Classic TCDi, and of course, the Fiat MJD in its various avatars. I would like to point out that the Manza delivers 17+ kpl with AC and it is far more comfortable, spacious and has interiors superior to the elementary and cheap one of the Amaze.

In a direct comparison with the Vibe, I agree with you, the Amaze is better in most departments.
lifebuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2013, 21:53   #1127
BHPian
 
Turbokick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 509
Thanked: 228 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
Please give few examples of CRDI's with similar power ratings giving 17KMPL with AC even before the first 1000 Kms

I have driven Indigo extensively, logan a bit and test driven amaze. Amaze easily was the most powerful of the three although noisier.
My comparison was purely with Vibe and I still feel Amaze beats Vibe hands down in most of the departments.
Lot depends upon how you drive. I do get 18-19 kmpl in city from my dzire itself if I keep the revs under control. And it does drop drastically if I push.
Turbokick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2013, 22:46   #1128
BHPian
 
sunilg33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: bangalore
Posts: 232
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Yes a lot depends on the driving style. It's too early to conclude that amaze ARAI mileage was an eyewash. But to start 17kmpl+ for the first 500 Kms in city is almost in line with expectations.
I hope it improves to around 19 over time.
sunilg33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2013, 23:58   #1129
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 31
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
I am afraid, but this doesn't look to be true. I have taken the delivery of E MT Diesel and it has come with Goodyear tyres.
Oops, sorry. I too got it fitted with Goodyear tyres. Just had it checked with the showroom. But I did see some amaze E MTs fitted with MRFs !!
pravinkenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 00:19   #1130
Senior - BHPian
 
speedsatya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: bangalore/manga
Posts: 3,157
Thanked: 702 Times
Default

Thought will drive without AC and had decided no matter what , I wouldn't exceed 2000rpm. Zero throttle on slopes.

This is over a 17km drive in the city , 60% of which was on a toll road ( bangalore elevated road till electronic city ) with rush hour traffic.

Name:  image824607949.jpg
Views: 2951
Size:  247.2 KB
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 08:54   #1131
Newbie
 
Wirelessmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
Yes a lot depends on the driving style. It's too early to conclude that amaze ARAI mileage was an eyewash. But to start 17kmpl+ for the first 500 Kms in city is almost in line with expectations.
I hope it improves to around 19 over time.
It's just first 200 Kim's for me and I see the digital reading as 18.6 km/l (in city with AC). Pretty happy with space and the riding so far. Will post more after first service.
Wirelessmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 09:20   #1132
Newbie
 
Mitzoomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 16
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Am i reading it correctly ? 27+ KM/L.....?
Really impressed. Thanks for sharing.
Mitzoomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 10:57   #1133
Senior - BHPian
 
9thsphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 1,035
Thanked: 419 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Prices of the Honda Amaze and the Honda CRV have been hiked.

The Amaze now gets dearer by Rs 3000-8000 depending on the model and the CRV by Rs 8000-14000.

Link: http://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-new...00-120807.html
9thsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 11:30   #1134
Distinguished - BHPian
 
supremeBaleno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Weekdays@Chennai, Weekends@Kerala
Posts: 5,093
Thanked: 1,421 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy
The TATA CR4, The Renault K9K / dCi, the Hyundai 120 / Verna engine, The Ford Classic TCDi, and of course, the Fiat MJD in its various avatars.
True. With the kind of efficient and reasonably powerful diesel engines we have today, a city FE of 17kmpl is nothing much to talk about & is at best par for the course.
To put things in context, till summer kicked in with full vigour in Chennai, I was getting 14kmpl from my 1.6L petrol car with 100% a/c. Current peak-summer FE is 13kmpl.

Anyway, the Amaze and the new diesel engine could not have come at a better time for Honda and would be a major player in reviving its fortune. Would be just a matter of time before different variants of the engine finds its way in the other cars too.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 11:40   #1135
Senior - BHPian
 
rajshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,750
Thanked: 560 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Thought will drive without AC and had decided no matter what , I wouldn't exceed 2000rpm. Zero throttle on slopes.

This is over a 17km drive in the city , 60% of which was on a toll road ( bangalore elevated road till electronic city ) with rush hour traffic.

Attachment 1093684
Nice average. 2K RPM means you were hovering around 80kmph. 27+ would mean realistic 24-25 kmpl isnt it ?

This average will vary as you encounter different traffic conditions. but looks to me like a good indication of its highway mileage to be around 23-24 kmpl.
rajshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 12:27   #1136
Senior - BHPian
 
speedsatya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: bangalore/manga
Posts: 3,157
Thanked: 702 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Nice average. 2K RPM means you were hovering around 80kmph. 27+ would mean realistic 24-25 kmpl isnt it ?

This average will vary as you encounter different traffic conditions. but looks to me like a good indication of its highway mileage to be around 23-24 kmpl.
2K rpm is around 100 kph in 5th gear , but I was sticking to around 1500 rpm . Now after 150 more kms in bumper to bumper traffic ( the same 17 kms took me 70 minutes yesterday) , the display is around 20.3kpl with AC on full time .



Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Smaller yet Significant Things:

Between the recirculate <-> fresh air slider is a light that illuminates the front cup holder area:

This light is helpful in the night while connecting the phone to the USB port also .

I hear an annoying rattle from the plastic cover on the RHS A pillar which I hope will be resolved during 1st service .

Sometimes I even notice the center RVM vibrating a bit.

The vibrations when shutting down is very irritating ,I am hoping Honda will replace the engine mounts or find a better fix to this like Toyota did to the Etios.

Rear legroom is really awesome , but cannot say same about the ride on broken surfaces .
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 13:23   #1137
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 262
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

The price of Amaze has been jacked up and a S variant Petrol in bangalore would cost 8.5k more from now on.
Also we had booked a Carnelian Red color which was given a waiting period of 2 months earlier, now we are informed to wait for another 2 months.
Anyone else in similar situation? We are contemplating of cancelling this booking and plan to go with some other brand/car.
anup7649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 15:01   #1138
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,018
Thanked: 360 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Got a call that Vehicle is ready for delivery ( VX-MT Petrol) so will go and give cheque tomorrow. Dealer insists that invoicing can be done only after 4 days of cheque payment but local cheques get cleared in max 2 days so does it sound normal ? RTGS transfer is another option but I think cheque payment should be better/safer. What do you guys suggest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup7649 View Post
The price of Amaze has been jacked up and a S variant Petrol in bangalore would cost 8.5k more from now on.
Also we had booked a Carnelian Red color which was given a waiting period of 2 months earlier, now we are informed to wait for another 2 months.
Anyone else in similar situation? We are contemplating of cancelling this booking and plan to go with some other brand/car.
Any idea How much is jack up in insurance cost ?
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 16:00   #1139
BHPian
 
sunilg33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: bangalore
Posts: 232
Thanked: 113 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup7649 View Post
The price of Amaze has been jacked up and a S variant Petrol in bangalore would cost 8.5k more from now on.
Also we had booked a Carnelian Red color which was given a waiting period of 2 months earlier, now we are informed to wait for another 2 months.
Anyone else in similar situation? We are contemplating of cancelling this booking and plan to go with some other brand/car.
Same here. booked S-MT Carnelian Red on 20th April. Was promised delivery within 2 months. But now they are quoting another 2 months more.
I cancelled my booking yesterday.
Surprising thing was the behaviour of the Sales rep. When I told him about my plans of cancelling, instead of asking me to retain the booking he started explaining the procedure to cancel the booking.
sunilg33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 16:15   #1140
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 262
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
Same here. booked S-MT Carnelian Red on 20th April. Was promised delivery within 2 months. But now they are quoting another 2 months more.
I cancelled my booking yesterday.
Surprising thing was the behaviour of the Sales rep. When I told him about my plans of cancelling, instead of asking me to retain the booking he started explaining the procedure to cancel the booking.
Haha, same on 20th april we too booked the Carnelian Red S-MT Petrol. And as per yesterday's conversation with the sales rep, he is not sure of the allocation of the car. Hence in my case too, he tried to sell the diesel variant to me now, however upon my checking with him about when I might get the diesel if I OK, he said it would 2-3 months.
Hence I guess with this kind of behavior they will surely lose business.

Btw, I had booked in magnum honda, kanakapura road branch.

On the Insurance jack-up, I dont have the exact split up of the amount.
anup7649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda Amaze: Oil leak, engine seized! A bad experience with Honda service parimal_g Technical Stuff 163 16th July 2016 02:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks