Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2013, 17:10   #1141
BHPian
 
Top-Gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 208
Thanked: 106 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Got a call that Vehicle is ready for delivery ( VX-MT Petrol) so will go and give cheque tomorrow. Dealer insists that invoicing can be done only after 4 days of cheque payment but local cheques get cleared in max 2 days so does it sound normal ? RTGS transfer is another option but I think cheque payment should be better/safer. What do you guys suggest.
IMO, RTGS is just as safe. Just collect the receipt from the dealership with the car papers, that's all. That's what I did.
Top-Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 18:47   #1142
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 26
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Guys, please help. Its urgent. I went to the Sundaram Honda showroom at Visakhapatnam. I wanted to book the Urban Titanium EMT model but the sales guy is saying only 3 colors White, Black & Silver is available in EMT model. Is it true?
navkant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 19:21   #1143
Newbie
 
sugato_basu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Angul Odisha
Posts: 15
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Mod Note : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 18th June 2013 at 09:42.
sugato_basu is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 7th June 2013, 19:42   #1144
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 28
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
Wow. Excellent review. I am sure this will be a winner. Honda removed the tag "no diesel car" with an excellent product. production capacity may be an issue as the demand may be much larger than supply. I have read that Honda is planning another plant in India.
Yup. The new plant at Tapukara will soon be ready and according to the Logistics Head for Honda Cars the Japanese have decided India as the hub for diesel cars.
The Honda city is in line and from what I could gather the production would take place in India
Some good developments for the country are in store!!
Papa Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 20:09   #1145
BHPian
 
anonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NCR
Posts: 564
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by navkant View Post
Guys, please help. Its urgent. I went to the Sundaram Honda showroom at Visakhapatnam. I wanted to book the Urban Titanium EMT model but the sales guy is saying only 3 colors White, Black & Silver is available in EMT model. Is it true?
Yes. there are only 3 choices in the base E Model. I also had to opt for silver.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 20:15   #1146
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 26
Thanked: 7 Times
Red face Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Yes. there are only 3 choices in the base E Model. I also had to opt for silver.
Thanks a ton. I am also booking the Silver Amaze. Around 3 months waiting here for the Petrol variant. Diesel is 4 months ..
navkant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 20:53   #1147
BHPian
 
sunilg33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: bangalore
Posts: 232
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navkant View Post
Guys, please help. Its urgent. I went to the Sundaram Honda showroom at Visakhapatnam. I wanted to book the Urban Titanium EMT model but the sales guy is saying only 3 colors White, Black & Silver is available in EMT model. Is it true?
If you go for EX MT you will get additional blue colour. Only from S variant onwards you get all the colours.
sunilg33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2013, 13:16   #1148
Senior - BHPian
 
rajshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,751
Thanked: 560 Times
Default

I am wondering what kind of impact will amaze see once ecosport hits the road. I am sure there are many like me waiting to see the prices and compare the two and if ford does price aggressively then i strongly feel the waiting time for amaze will reduce considerably

Good time for a customer
rajshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2013, 21:29   #1149
Distinguished - BHPian
 
supremeBaleno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Weekdays@Chennai, Weekends@Kerala
Posts: 5,093
Thanked: 1,425 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

I doubt the EcoSport will have any impact on the Amaze for various reasons.

1) Ford will likely price it alongside the Duster, which it sees as a peer. The Duster on the other hand is seen by the market as being priced high (after the recent hikes), but is still selling due to the TINA factor.

2) General opinion from folks who have seen the EcoSport up close at the roadshow is not good. They don't see it alongside the Duster (contrary to what Ford thinks) which is considered better. So read with point-1, it does not look that great for the EcoSport. Unless Ford prices it really aggressively, based on learnings from their new Fiesta disaster pricing.

To take your case itself, your short-list does not have the Duster, which is quite a packet costlier than your current options - the Amaze_D and Ertiga_D. So if EcoSport is priced alongside the Duster, it is not in the reckoning anymore.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 9th June 2013 at 21:39.
supremeBaleno is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2013, 22:34   #1150
Senior - BHPian
 
dZired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 1,206
Thanked: 3,489 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I doubt the EcoSport will have any impact on the Amaze for various reasons.

1) Ford will likely price it alongside the Duster, which it sees as a peer. The Duster on the other hand is seen by the market as being priced high (after the recent hikes), but is still selling due to the TINA factor.
Sorry if I sound stupid, but I fail to understand why would Ford price the Ecosport close to Duster. After all, Ecosport enjoys the under 4 meter excise benefit which the Duster doesn't.
dZired is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2013, 22:56   #1151
BHPian
 
MuzzledMoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: THRISSUR
Posts: 185
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post

Sorry if I sound stupid, but I fail to understand why would Ford price the Ecosport close to Duster. After all, Ecosport enjoys the under 4 meter excise benefit which the Duster doesn't.
Ford was greedy with fiesta. There's every chance that ford will repeat its mistake as they export it more than selling locally.
MuzzledMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2013, 22:58   #1152
Distinguished - BHPian
 
supremeBaleno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Weekdays@Chennai, Weekends@Kerala
Posts: 5,093
Thanked: 1,425 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired
Sorry if I sound stupid, but I fail to understand why would Ford price the Ecosport close to Duster. After all, Ecosport enjoys the under 4 meter excise benefit which the Duster doesn't.
Getting the excise benefit is one thing. Passing it on to the customer is another. I am not saying Ford will not pass it on, but IIRC there have been manufacturers who did not pass it on for a car/model that sold well and was in huge demand.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 9th June 2013 at 23:04.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 10:27   #1153
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 251
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Well, this happened to my brother-in-law's brand new Honda Amaze:

On 6th June, my BIL got delivery of his VX diesel urban titanium Honda Amaze in Mumbai. It ran very well and was fun to drive on Day 1. However on 7th evening, he tanked up diesel and within a few kms on the drive, the car started showing signs of power loss and the engine stopped. Even on repeated attempts the car failed to start. My BIL called up the Honda showroom and they in turn asked him to call the customer care. The customer care noted his complain and they send their person to inspect the car. He took around 90 min to come and thats understandable on a Friday evening mumbai traffic. Even that guy failed to diagnose the problem and could not start the car. Eventually after many hours of failed attempt, the car had to be towed to their workshop. The worst part is that even by Saturday afternoon they were unable to find the cause of the problem. Since the diesel had just been topped, the diesel quality was the most evident looking problem, but till now the Honda guys have not confirmed that...so looks like it is some other serious problem and the diesel topping timing was just a coincidence.

Sad that a car had to be towed away just on its second day :( Well my BIL had gone for the Honda keeping the Honda quality in mind, alas...

Will update you guys as i get more info.
pamishra is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 10:34   #1154
Newbie
 
Mitzoomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 16
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Well, this happened to my brother-in-law's brand new Honda Amaze:

On 6th June, my BIL got delivery of his VX diesel urban titanium Honda Amaze in Mumbai. It ran very well and was fun to drive on Day 1. However on 7th evening, he tanked up diesel and within a few kms on the drive, the car started showing signs of power loss and the engine stopped. Even on repeated attempts the car failed to start. My BIL called up the Honda showroom and they in turn asked him to call the customer care. The customer care noted his complain and they send their person to inspect the car. He took around 90 min to come and thats understandable on a Friday evening mumbai traffic. Even that guy failed to diagnose the problem and could not start the car. Eventually after many hours of failed attempt, the car had to be towed to their workshop. The worst part is that even by Saturday afternoon they were unable to find the cause of the problem. Since the diesel had just been topped, the diesel quality was the most evident looking problem, but till now the Honda guys have not confirmed that...so looks like it is some other serious problem and the diesel topping timing was just a coincidence.

Sad that a car had to be towed away just on its second day :( Well my BIL had gone for the Honda keeping the Honda quality in mind, alas...

Will update you guys as i get more info.
Sorry to hear this....Hope not a big technical snag, otherwise a big blow to Honda... Considering the Mumbai rains currently, Honda will have to think faster and act even faster.
Mitzoomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 10:34   #1155
Senior - BHPian
 
rajshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,751
Thanked: 560 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I doubt the EcoSport will have any impact on the Amaze for various reasons.

1) Ford will likely price it alongside the Duster, which it sees as a peer. The Duster on the other hand is seen by the market as being priced high (after the recent hikes), but is still selling due to the TINA factor.

2) General opinion from folks who have seen the EcoSport up close at the roadshow is not good. They don't see it alongside the Duster (contrary to what Ford thinks) which is considered better. So read with point-1, it does not look that great for the EcoSport. Unless Ford prices it really aggressively, based on learnings from their new Fiesta disaster pricing.

To take your case itself, your short-list does not have the Duster, which is quite a packet costlier than your current options - the Amaze_D and Ertiga_D. So if EcoSport is priced alongside the Duster, it is not in the reckoning anymore.
Looking at the prices of Duster and Amaze in Bangalore, i have to agree with you. Duster bare bone RxE sells for 10.5L+ and the Amaze top end sells around 9.5L. If i have to consider Duster with ABS and other must have goodies, that price crosses 13 lakh. So that is a margin of close to 4 lakhs.

So sadly i must admit, Ford might decide to under cut duster by 50K or so to bring VFM equation. So in which case the base EcoSport diesel will still be around 10L+

Honda has played it very smart by throwing in goodies like ABS in base variants and making S MT appear VFM by giving music system and steering mounted controls etc. Obviously, it feels like maruti could have priced the Dzire Vdi much cheaper or add some more goodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Well, this happened to my brother-in-law's brand new Honda Amaze:

....

Sad that a car had to be towed away just on its second day :( Well my BIL had gone for the Honda keeping the Honda quality in mind, alas...

Will update you guys as i get more info.
Sad to hear this. Hope Diesel is the culprit and nothing else. Nobody likes their newly bought car to be towed away to showroom. Was the diesel filled from a reputed pump ?

Last edited by rajshenoy : 10th June 2013 at 11:01.
rajshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda Amaze: Oil leak, engine seized! A bad experience with Honda service parimal_g Technical Stuff 163 16th July 2016 02:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks