Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 1st December 2016, 13:49   #436
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra Reva e2o : Official Review

Hi all,

Since e2O plus is launched, I assumed that i could look at previous model e2O at a cheaper price. Could anyone help me what was the last price at which he/she bought e2O in Bangalore? With battery / without battery. I tried contacting few Mahindra showrooms and they are saying they dont have any e2O available now but one was ready to give at 6.5 lakhs, which I felt was too high.

Thanks,
Sanjeev
SanjeevKalra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2017, 16:31   #437
BHPian

Saw an advertisement about E2O in the local (kerala) papers today:
1. We'll pay your electricity bill for 3 years (with an asterisk for 'conditions apply')
2. Operating cost as low as 70 Paise/km
3. Three years warranty on the car and also on the battery
4. Long lasting Lithium Ion battery
5. Reverse camera
6. 140 km range on single charge (I don't remember this number clearly)
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2017, 10:52   #438
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevKalra View Post
Since e2O plus is launched, I assumed that i could look at previous model e2O at a cheaper price. Could anyone help me what was the last price at which he/she bought e2O in Bangalore?
This might interest you : Mahindra opens showroom for used Electric Vehicles (in Bangalore)
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 11:19   #439
BHPian

Default Mahindra E2O long running Review and Issues

Hi All,

I'm opening a new thread to discuss the long running issues with E2O I did not find one. However official review is quite exhaustive but want to open this thread to discuss on recurring issues.

No doubt this is a wonderful car and have been driving since 3+ years and have driven close to 40K km on odo.

Life with this car was smooth but not without a bumps I should say, in various forums I have been discussing bits and pieces, such as cable issue, service model etc etc. Lets keep this thread to discuss issues and see our experiences can be of help to many users. Will most more in a while. Please share your experiences if any.
abacusv is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2017, 08:23   #440
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra E2O long running Review and Issues

To share my experience..

1. Usually in other cars I have seen during the free service time, though you end up paying nothing you actually get the full job sheet with parts replaced and mentioning of 0 price. I'm realizing it now that I do not have a single bill for all the free service done, it was only through call and sms that job is done.

2. I had some major issue once, where the car just stopped charging. It happened where the service center was close by and no towing was needed. I was told some part was gone and is replaced in warranty which was worth 60K. That was very scary and made me to buy the extended warranty immediately.

3. Once the car just stopped with error as no charge though there was more than 10% charge remaining. This happened due to a sensor fault. We had to tow the car to our home and charge it overnight and it worked and got a service done with replaced sensor under warranty. I do not recall what was the cost they mentioned. However, the towing is free of cost during the warranty period.

4. When I had upgraded the car from manual steering to power, it was pulling the car towards right. This I believe was a installation mistake than a defective part. But was major inconvenience.

5. Once, the portable charging cable stopped working, and was not a easy experience though M&M replaced the cable. You can see my post on this here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...sed-earlier.ht

6. I had too much ratlle noise, so worst that felt like I'm on a tow truck with lot of metal pieces. I was charged 1700/- for cleaning the breaks, and addressing the complaint.

l

7. Right now, its due for 40K service and is at station since 4 days now. I was told during purchase that due to less moving parts the cost of service will be some where between 750-1500. But looks like its going to be more than 5K now.
1. Axel bearing needs replacement.
2. Drive cable is broken and the car was jurking, needs replacement.
3. Suspension front and rear is weak and needs replacement(12K estimated) I deferred it.
4. Break oil replacement.
5. Motor hood is broke needs replacement. Part not available, this is another problem where parts availability. Usually had instances of visiting twice due to unaviailability of parts.
6. A/C gas filling and fan cleaning.
If more comes I will update here.

Every time the car is due for service or needs to visit a service station its minimum 3 days of work at station. I've never had my scorpio stay in station more than 2 days since 6 years of using it.

My opinion, like usual first launch, e2o seem to be one of them too with lot of substandard parts. Since its first of its kind, there are changes in service model happening very often and you end up having service related issue.

I'm curious to know others experience. If there are largely common issues, I think we need to bring that to M&M notice to make change.
abacusv is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote