Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 30th January 2014, 16:05   #1486
BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai100 View Post
I am promised delivery of the car in a weeks time. Need your input folks!
Hey, how are you getting delivery within a week ? Have the waiting periods come down for all or you had booked very long back ?

Brgds,
Vishal
salunkhe.vizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2014, 16:37   #1487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
FYI: Even in my car, I could see that idling is at around 1K rpm(which has crossed 5K kms).
Nothing to worry about. High Idle is cuz of DSG getting ready to rock n roll and anticipating the shift to 1st gear. Even when coasting the rpm remains a bit high. Just relax and enjoy the drive. Crossed 7800kms on mine and no issues besides the fuel rail rattles.
prithwi-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2014, 16:53   #1488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Nothing to worry about. High Idle is cuz of DSG getting ready to rock n roll and anticipating the shift to 1st gear. Even when coasting the rpm remains a bit high. Just relax and enjoy the drive. Crossed 7800kms on mine and no issues besides the fuel rail rattles.
@Prithwi: I thought rattling problem was sorted out in your car. Do you still have the rattling problem??
shetty_rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2014, 18:53   #1489
BHPian

New rattle from the ac lines, also normal for this car. Sounds like its coming from the gearbox at 2k rpm, when the car is cold, which was a bit scary. Turned out to be the ac lines. Called VW, They have a fix for it.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2014, 20:20   #1490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
New rattle from the ac lines, also normal for this car. Sounds like its coming from the gearbox at 2k rpm, when the car is cold, which was a bit scary. Turned out to be the ac lines. Called VW, They have a fix for it.
Quote:
Hi,
I have also started getting the similar noise
Intermittent rattle while shifting gears:
it is very evident when shifting gears, and generally happens when the rpm is close to 2k.
Consistent rattle:
Sometimes when the AC is switched on, I also get the consistent rattle. When I switch off the AC, the rattle disappears.

As Prithwi/stumpz have mentioned this might be because of fuel line and AC line rubbing against the body.

I took the vehicle twice to the dealership(VW Whitefield, Bangalore), they could not rectify the problem . Has anybody in Bangalore fixed this problem? If so, can you please let me know the details(dealer and mechanic)
Hi Prithwi, Even I am getting similiar rattle problem. Do let us know once your rattle is fixed.
shetty_rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2014, 22:32   #1491
Distinguished - BHPian

Came across this link in the Volkswagen India FB Page. Says "Watch out for a grand debut on Feb 5th" with a picture of the GT TSI. Any idea what this is about?

http://drivenbyinnovation.co.in/index-3.html
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2014, 22:52   #1492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Came across this link in the Volkswagen India FB Page. Says "Watch out for a grand debut on Feb 5th" with a picture of the GT TSI. Any idea what this is about?

http://drivenbyinnovation.co.in/index-3.html
Sounds like a re-launch at a higher price point with a few more features like the paddle shifts someone mentioned earlier. The launch price was way too low for such a hi-tech car. VW following Ford Ecosport's strategy of "launch low, supply less and hike soon"!
84.monsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2014, 19:55   #1493
BHPian

Hopefully they will not put in a 1.4TSI and just update the 1.2TSI to the EA211 model 1.2TSI. Why? because the 1.4TSI has horrible oil consumption issues.

Also a little birdie told me that they might be launching the Golf GTI soon in a limited edition CBU package to take on the A Class and 1 series. If it sells well, we might get a localized version..
Old 1st February 2014, 17:19   #1494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Hey, how are you getting delivery within a week ? Have the waiting periods come down for all or you had booked very long back ?

Brgds,
Vishal

Yes , I guess I was lucky the dealer said he had a car 2014 manufactured in transit which was yet to be alloted. So he gave it to me. What I feel is now waiting period has dropped and dealers are simply quoting higher waiting periods and delivering the cars sooner. One way of not giving any discounts.. I managed to get essential pack and polishing included. So I guess demand has slowed down .

volksman. Thanks for the inputs. I kept my booking especially since prices of VW cars have gone up by 26k. Also updated polo will have minor tweaks and increased pricing so decided to buy the current TSI.
Shai100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2014, 13:49   #1495
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Prithwi, Even I am getting similiar rattle problem. Do let us know once your rattle is fixed.
Me too. It happens usually when the AC is running high (hot outside) or without AC on higher RPMs. I think it has been there since day one.
Siva is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2014, 14:49   #1496
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Anyone has any clue whats this all about? Grand Debut?

Are they re launching the GT Tsi?

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-debut.jpg

Source : http://drivenbyinnovation.co.in/index-3.html

Regards,
h@r$h@l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2014, 16:27   #1497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

Anyone has any clue whats this all about? Grand Debut?

Are they re launching the GT Tsi?

Attachment 1201735

Source : http://drivenbyinnovation.co.in/index-3.html

Regards,
Looking at the Blue in innovation caption and the Think Blue button - it looks like they are going to launch the BlueMotion version of the GT TSI.
e-katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2014, 17:28   #1498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-katz View Post

Looking at the Blue in innovation caption and the Think Blue button - it looks like they are going to launch the BlueMotion version of the GT TSI.
It looks like a generic re-positioning for all VW models to emphasize innovation rather than anything specific to do with GT TSI launch or re-launch. The particular mode shown seems to be just a representative of how VW is changing. Example, is talks about WRC (racing) also.
84.monsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2014, 10:04   #1499
BHPian

Looks like it was the debut of Taigun than the facelift of Polo. The home page of drivenbyinnovation.in is now reflecting this.

Live webcast at 3:40 pm (why 3:40, and not 3:41 or 3:30 is anybody's guess)

Cheers,
diffsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2014, 01:30   #1500
BHPian

Facelifted GT TSI for India... http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/auto-n...s-india-84431/