Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2014, 19:06   #1681
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 352
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

thanks guys. just booked the gt tsi. I want to thank the team bhp review team for the excellent review detailing everything there's needed to be known about the car. also all the members for the guidance in the last few days in helping me to choose between current model vs upcoming facelift.

ownership threads of gt tsi owners helped me a lot. also special thanks to robi and prithwi threads from which I have got a lot inspiration and ideas on the mods that I'm going to do in the upcoming months.

cheers :-)
rana_kirti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2014, 19:37   #1682
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 25
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Congrats mate. I will have to wait till December. Unfortunately not a single tsi available in either bhopal or Mumbai. As per the showroom manager production is off and will resume in August and deliveries in September only.
kanishka88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2014, 21:30   #1683
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 324
Thanked: 83 Times
Default

Just went for the 7.5k checkup today - total cost rs 0/- However the car seems to be running a lot slower and rougher than prior to the service - ecu reflash ???

Nothing much to write about the service quality - nothing is changed during the inspection but there is a basic expectation that the engine bay would be cleaned, and it wasn't .
JishD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2014, 00:37   #1684
BHPian
 
prithwi-81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 677
Thanked: 914 Times
Default

Its the heat. Not the servicel humidity
prithwi-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2014, 07:17   #1685
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 352
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Mineral Oil or Synthetic Oil

Hi fellow GT Tsi owners ,

Getting my car delivered in a few days. checked it out in the stockyard as per team bhp guidelines. it says april 2014. I dont know what is currently the official vw status on changing the Synthetic oil to Mineral Oil. I don't know which type of oil the car left with when it left factory.

I want to be pro-active. The point is if the oil has to be replaced with mineral then i don't want to be driving around with the Synthetic oil in the first place. I don't want to wait till the 7500km check up or the first service 1yr before they change my gearbox oil.

I had a word with the sales guy and his manager about the Mineral Oil replacement and they said they had no information from vw. I really don't know if they know much about this.

So what i'd like to know is do we have any thing official from a vw or maybe a directive from vw to it's dealers to change the oil ? Is there something i can show them to put across my point better before delivery of the car ?

Have any current owners had their gearbox oil changed by informing their dealers about this or has any owner been called by their dealer to change the gearbox oil ?

This gearbox oil thing is the only thing bothering me. So help me out here...

Last edited by rana_kirti : 23rd June 2014 at 07:19.
rana_kirti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2014, 10:15   #1686
BHPian
 
ironager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 74
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Mineral Oil or Synthetic Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
Hi fellow GT Tsi owners ,

Getting my car delivered in a few days. checked it out in the stockyard as per team bhp guidelines. it says april 2014. I dont know what is currently the official vw status on changing the Synthetic oil to Mineral Oil. I don't know which type of oil the car left with when it left factory.

I want to be pro-active. The point is if the oil has to be replaced with mineral then i don't want to be driving around with the Synthetic oil in the first place. I don't want to wait till the 7500km check up or the first service 1yr before they change my gearbox oil.

I had a word with the sales guy and his manager about the Mineral Oil replacement and they said they had no information from vw. I really don't know if they know much about this.

So what i'd like to know is do we have any thing official from a vw or maybe a directive from vw to it's dealers to change the oil ? Is there something i can show them to put across my point better before delivery of the car ?

Have any current owners had their gearbox oil changed by informing their dealers about this or has any owner been called by their dealer to change the gearbox oil ?

This gearbox oil thing is the only thing bothering me. So help me out here...
My car has done 7500 kms in the past one year. Its not had the gearbox oil replaced as yet because it's not available with the local vw workshop. The car does not have any transmission related problems but the car is used sparingly only on weekends.
What you have to consider is if this car will be used regularly in traffic, you will be driving between 10000 to 15000 kms in a year then you should consider changing the gearbox oil.
Further vw will not contact you regarding the same you will have to keep pestering the workshop manager if you want to get the oil replaced
ironager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2014, 10:50   #1687
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 324
Thanked: 83 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Its the heat. Not the servicel humidity

Doubt that - it was performing admirably in the inhuman 46-48 deg temperatures in Delhi. Either I've lost my map or the dsg goes into learning mode again post each service.
JishD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2014, 10:54   #1688
Newbie
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 20
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Mineral Oil or Synthetic Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
Have any current owners had their gearbox oil changed by informing their dealers about this or has any owner been called by their dealer to change the gearbox oil ?
I received a call from my local workshop a week back stating "Sir, you had enquired about the gearbox oil change. We are now calling the Polo GT TSI for gearbox oil change, from synthetic to mineral oil."
I made this enquiry about 6 months back, so I am certain they have received a directive from VW to do so.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2014, 10:55   #1689
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 304
Thanked: 200 Times
Default Re: Mineral Oil or Synthetic Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
I want to be pro-active. The point is if the oil has to be replaced with mineral then i don't want to be driving around with the Synthetic oil in the first place. I don't want to wait till the 7500km check up or the first service 1yr before they change my gearbox oil.

I had a word with the sales guy and his manager about the Mineral Oil replacement and they said they had no information from vw. I really don't know if they know much about this.

So what i'd like to know is do we have any thing official from a vw or maybe a directive from vw to it's dealers to change the oil ? Is there something i can show them to put across my point better before delivery of the car ?

Have any current owners had their gearbox oil changed by informing their dealers about this or has any owner been called by their dealer to change the gearbox oil ?
Hi Rana,
Last month, I had called the VW Whitefield(Bangalore dealer), and checked regarding the recall, and got an appointment for the next weekend.
After waiting for 3 hours, SA told me that my vehicle already had the mineral oil(and not the synthetic oil). When I asked him to prove this, he opened the VW software(not the VCDS one) and showed me that my vehicle was not there in the "Recall list", he also showed me one vehicle which was in this list.

May be, you could do one of the following
- Ask your dealer to call VW Whitefield(Bangalore)
- Write a mail to customer.care@volkswagen.co.in
shetty_rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2014, 13:15   #1690
BHPian
 
unknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 427
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

rana_kirti
Congrats mate for taking the plunge - any discount you got ? - new polo will announce on 16 july so waiting for changes & prices.
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 04:32   #1691
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 352
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishka88 View Post
Congrats mate. I will have to wait till December. Unfortunately not a single tsi available in either bhopal or Mumbai. As per the showroom manager production is off and will resume in August and deliveries in September only.
makes me want to remind possible gt buyers in delhi that a few dealers still have one or two left in stock so anyone keen on prefacelift should act fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironager View Post
My car has done 7500 kms in the past one year. Its not had the gearbox oil replaced as yet because it's not available with the local vw workshop. The car does not have any transmission related problems but the car is used sparingly only on weekends.
What you have to consider is if this car will be used regularly in traffic, you will be driving between 10000 to 15000 kms in a year then you should consider changing the gearbox oil.
Further vw will not contact you regarding the same you will have to keep pestering the workshop manager if you want to get the oil replaced
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I received a call from my local workshop a week back stating "Sir, you had enquired about the gearbox oil change. We are now calling the Polo GT TSI for gearbox oil change, from synthetic to mineral oil."
I made this enquiry about 6 months back, so I am certain they have received a directive from VW to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Hi Rana,
Last month, I had called the VW Whitefield(Bangalore dealer), and checked regarding the recall, and got an appointment for the next weekend.
After waiting for 3 hours, SA told me that my vehicle already had the mineral oil(and not the synthetic oil). When I asked him to prove this, he opened the VW software(not the VCDS one) and showed me that my vehicle was not there in the "Recall list", he also showed me one vehicle which was in this list.

May be, you could do one of the following
- Ask your dealer to call VW Whitefield(Bangalore)
- Write a mail to customer.care@volkswagen.co.in
thanks guys for ur experiences regarding the gearbox oil change. gives me a few directions to take to get this done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
rana_kirti
Congrats mate for taking the plunge - any discount you got ? - new polo will announce on 16 july so waiting for changes & prices.
thanks bro. hard to get a discount on this. stocks are almost nil. waiting for face lift is also an ideal path. a lot of new features coming in.... :-)

Last edited by Stratos : 24th June 2014 at 11:41.
rana_kirti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 04:44   #1692
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 352
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

new car = a lot of questions. :-)

I plan to get the 2 year extended warranty with the car itself however I have a few doubts. I plan to do following mods within the next month or so...

1. Flat bottom steering.
2. Component Speakers.
3. 195 60 15 tyres.
4. Maybe a petes remap.

Will doing any of the above mods void my warranty ? And if it did then would it make any sense for me to take the 2 year extended warranty in the first place ? Its coming to about 16k.

Am I better off without it considering I'm going to be doing the above mods ?

How does this whole warranty and extended warranty really work ?

I mean if there is a DSG failure or a Suspension failure, then can vw say.. you put flat bottom steering so we cant honour dsg failure or lets say you put in 195 60 tryes so we can honour suspension failure etc ? we cant replace your falied rcd320 because you put in components ?

Or can warranty on a failed rcd 320 be denied due to flat bottom steering or the warranty to dsg failure be denied due to 195 60 15 tryes ?

You can see how confused I'm about the warranty. need some clarity on this.

Thanks a ton.

Last edited by rana_kirti : 24th June 2014 at 04:45.
rana_kirti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 09:57   #1693
BHPian
 
robimahanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BLR/GAU
Posts: 609
Thanked: 1,543 Times
Default Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

VW is very finicky about their warranty. Once the guys told me that I would loose electrical warranty even if I changed the headlamp bulb. Any modification which is not done in a dealership will void warranty as per them. If the dealership owner/manager is a friend they overlook a few things but steering mod is definitely not one of them. Maybe you can try to ask the dealership to get you the facelift flat bottom steering so as to not void warranty. Component speaker is a hit or miss with electrical warranty. Tyres they may not be bothered unless an esp or suspension warranty is claimed. As for remap, they will never find out unless you tell them so or they look for it specifically when a critical engine component warranty is claimed. Then again, remap can be reverted to stock for free within minutes through the OBD.

Stop worrying about the DSG and enjoy the car. Its no fun keeping the DSG thing at the back of your mind all the time. If you keep googling for DSG issues you will loose your peace of mind; instead drive sensibly and follow some basic rules like regular service/check up, shifting to N while at longish traffic signals, idling for 30sec after a long drive, not revving like a maniac just after a cold start etc. VAG cars need some TLC to have a fun and trouble free ownership.

Last edited by robimahanta : 24th June 2014 at 10:24.
robimahanta is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 14:13   #1694
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 303
Thanked: 243 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

ALl GT TSI owners and people who planning to own.

I have joined the club of GT TSI owners

I have been reading the threads of robi and prithwi and finally bought the GT tsi though I have been eyeing this car for sometime, my other car I find it to be impractical on times in city like Mumbai so it was a very easy call for me to shortlist the car, as I wanted a mini BMW in the parking lot.

Though I wanted the TDI just due to the punch you feel from the high torque but I was not willing to give up a auto gear box.

I am going to be spending quite a bit of money to mod this car and the process has started, I expect the car to be completed by 15th July and that is when I will share all pictures, people, equipment's installed will be shared with all to feast your eyes.

Until then happy revving.

Cheers
The Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 17:22   #1695
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 324
Thanked: 83 Times
Default

Purchased extended warranty at 13046 for gt tsi from frontier gurgaon as dsg insurance
JishD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 370 16th November 2016 01:22
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi robimahanta Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 318 22nd October 2016 11:04
Volkswagen Jetta 1.4 TSI : Official Review Rehaan Official New Car Reviews 111 25th August 2016 16:53
Volkswagen Jetta TSI (petrol) spotted. Could be a 1.4L TSI? Y@SH The Indian Car Scene 133 30th June 2012 15:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks