Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2014, 13:33   #1711
BHPian
 
unknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 427
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

GT will return with facelift + it will come with manual transmission as well guys, so don't worry.
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 14:53   #1712
BHPian
 
Rocketscience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 112
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post

AND GT TDI's 1.5L engine is a lot lighter than the current 1.6!
Hey thanks for the update and any more information about the engine? i read somewhere the new engine would produce 110 bhp as opposed to 104 ? what about its torque figures?
is your source a VW insider and has he driven the car? how does the new engine compare to the older 1.6 version? is it still that punchy and fun to drive or does it take away the fun like 1.5 Petrol unit in the fiesta did to the older 1.6 motor?
Rocketscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 16:04   #1713
BHPian
 
prithwi-81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 677
Thanked: 919 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Most of the under 2L VAG engines are underrated for EU Tax discount reasons. Most 1.2TSIs (EA111, SOHC turbo) sold in India and Europe have been shown to produce ~110hp at the wheels when dynoed. And the new 1.2TSI (EA211, DOHC Turbo) for the MQB platform is already dynoing at 120hp bone stock, where as both are rated at 105hp by VW. Same goes for diesel vehicles.

For India the 1.5 diesel is officially rated at 104bhp. As for driving impression, you can read the reviews of the 1.5TDI engine in Europe. Tiny bit of added lag, with the plus of a even greater shunt due to VGT. BUT, the 1.5TDI is still a SOHC motor from what I recall.
prithwi-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2014, 09:07   #1714
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 7,805
Thanked: 10,718 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Polo facelift launch date , 15th July.
Quote:
Engine – The facelifted Polo will get a new 1.5-litre TDI engine, made available in two states of tune, 89bhp and 104bhp. Expect the Polo GT TDI to get the 104bhp version. For the petrol, it will retain the 1.2-litre petrol and the 1.2-litre TSI
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ew-388825.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th June 2014 at 09:09.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2014, 09:47   #1715
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 121
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

If we do get the EA211 engine, then getting the TSi would be a no-brainer over the GT TDi - at least for me. However, I think there is really a slim chance for this considering how India is always shunted the short-end of the stick.

The dilemma is now between the DSG GTs. Having an oil burner is sensible in today's market conditions and the torque is always addictive. On the other hand I've always loved the refinement of a petrol engine and I don't really do more than 800 kms a month unless there's a road trip on the cards, which isn't very often.

Decisions, decisions...
shefiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2014, 10:33   #1716
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 352
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

EA211 might not come as it doesn't fit the current polo or vento engine bay as mentioned by prithwi at several places in this and other polo threads. he should be able on expand on this further. so I guess we shouldn't be expecting the EA211.

the new gt tsi though could have a higher state of tune. if it does then older GT Tsi can request vw to tune up their cars too. But from what I've read till now this is going to be a purely cosmetic upgrade except the 1.5 TDI engine.

I expect the GT TDI to sell more than the GT TSI especially in the DSG avatar.

Last edited by rana_kirti : 27th June 2014 at 10:36.
rana_kirti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2014, 13:35   #1717
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 309
Thanked: 271 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
EA211 might not come as it doesn't fit the current polo or vento engine bay as mentioned by prithwi at several places in this and other polo threads. he should be able on expand on this further. so I guess we shouldn't be expecting the EA211.

the new gt tsi though could have a higher state of tune. if it does then older GT Tsi can request vw to tune up their cars too. But from what I've read till now this is going to be a purely cosmetic upgrade except the 1.5 TDI engine.

I expect the GT TDI to sell more than the GT TSI especially in the DSG avatar.
Not true. The European face lift of the 2014 Polo has the EA 211 family 1.2 TSI engine. In fact India may be forced to get this new engine whether we like it or not, since the German plant producing this engine may switch the complete production to the new engine for efficiency and scale reasons.

http://povesham.com/vw-polo-1-2-tsi-the-has-it-all/
84.monsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2014, 14:15   #1718
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 121
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Not true. The European face lift of the 2014 Polo has the EA 211 family 1.2 TSI engine. In fact India may be forced to get this new engine whether we like it or not, since the German plant producing this engine may switch the complete production to the new engine for efficiency and scale reasons.

http://povesham.com/vw-polo-1-2-tsi-the-has-it-all/
I was about to say the same, but still doubt we would get the EA211, at least until the new year. Also didn't the Blue GT get the 1.4 TSi based on the EA211 last year too?
shefiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2014, 14:20   #1719
BHPian
 
prithwi-81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 677
Thanked: 919 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

So here is the catch. As it stands the EA211 doesn't seem to fit the PQ25 Platform in RHD mode, as the 180degree rotated layout puts the downpipe, where the RHD steering column would be. In LHD mode they have managed to make it fit, so some LHD models of the Polo are getting the new engine (Polo 6C BlueGT 1.4TSI, Polo6C 1.2TSI). For RHD markets they will continue to push the EA111 till the new MQB shell is finalized.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2014, 20:02   #1720
BHPian
 
Mighty_Lothar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 64
Thanked: 72 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Look like now there is a definite date for the launch of the face lifted Polo July 15, 2014.

http://overdrive.in/news/2015-volksw...-july-15-2014/

http://www.cartoq.com/volkswagen-pol...-india-launch/

Kind Regards,
LOTHAR
Mighty_Lothar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2014, 12:04   #1721
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 352
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

ok guys. all is finalised and getting delivery in a few days time. going for alloy and tyre selection tomorrow to bk and universal.

but I have one query which is bothering me...

Will going to 205 55 15 reduce the acceleration/pick of the gt a lot ? is the difference noticeable over stock 185 or 195 ?

cheers
rana_kirti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2014, 13:48   #1722
BHPian
 
Guite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Noida, NCR
Posts: 437
Thanked: 158 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
Will going to 205 55 15 reduce the acceleration/pick of the gt a lot ? is the difference noticeable over stock 185 or 195 ?
cheers
Comparing here http://www.tyrestore.in/upsizing.htm shows that there is only 0.58% change in circumference. That's minimal, so don't worry about performance loss due to your proposed upsize.
Guite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2014, 19:13   #1723
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 7,805
Thanked: 10,718 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Both, the Polo GT TDI and the Polo GT TSI will be launched in their updated form by August 2014 – a month after the 2015 Volkswagen Polo goes on sale in India.

http://overdrive.in/news/2015-volksw...n-august-2014/
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2014, 09:54   #1724
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 352
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

guys got delivery yesterday evening. will post the experience soon. but have a quick query...

when I put in key and turn it 1 click all the lights in the instrumental cluster come ON. after a while they go OFF. How ever these 3 remain ON...

1. Fault in Alternator.
2. EPC ( Engine management system fault )
3. Fault in Catalytic Convertor.

Refered the manual. it says... "Several warning and indicator lamps will light up briefly as a functional check when the ignition is switched on. They will go out after a few seconds."

But these 3 lights don't go out.

When I turn ON the ignition/engine fully then these 3 lights also go OFF and don't come on during engine running/driving.

Is this normal or should I be going to the workshop ?

Please help. Thanks.
rana_kirti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2014, 10:43   #1725
BHPian
 
ironager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 74
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
guys got delivery yesterday evening. will post the experience soon. but have a quick query...

when I put in key and turn it 1 click all the lights in the instrumental cluster come ON. after a while they go OFF. How ever these 3 remain ON...

1. Fault in Alternator.
2. EPC ( Engine management system fault )
3. Fault in Catalytic Convertor.

Refered the manual. it says... "Several warning and indicator lamps will light up briefly as a functional check when the ignition is switched on. They will go out after a few seconds."

But these 3 lights don't go out.

When I turn ON the ignition/engine fully then these 3 lights also go OFF and don't come on during engine running/driving.

Is this normal or should I be going to the workshop ?

Please help. Thanks.
Congratulations on your new ride. Now we have one more hot hatch in delhi

As for the instrument cluster lights. Once u start the car the lights should go off but if they illuminate during driving then have the car checked otherwise it's all good.
ironager is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 370 16th November 2016 01:22
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi robimahanta Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 318 22nd October 2016 11:04
Volkswagen Jetta 1.4 TSI : Official Review Rehaan Official New Car Reviews 111 25th August 2016 16:53
Volkswagen Jetta TSI (petrol) spotted. Could be a 1.4L TSI? Y@SH The Indian Car Scene 133 30th June 2012 15:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks