Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2015, 08:45   #2731
Senior - BHPian
 
sandeepmohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,805
Thanked: 1,332 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn09 View Post
Was this the colour?
Looks exactly like the first dashboard picture shown in this thread. It is not black for sure. More a dark grey. The centre console area has a piano black finish though.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3637261
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2015, 15:37   #2732
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 364
Thanked: 207 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Bad news for those who are going to buy the GT TSI.

Volkswagen has gone on a cost-cutting spree and the new batch of cars coming in lose a few things.

- The fabric on the door cards has been deleted. It is now plain black plastic.

- The leather wrap on the hand-brake has been deleted.

- The chrome accents on and around the headlight switch have been deleted. (not sure if it's been like this since the facelift was introduced)

- Apollo Accelares / Alnacs make way for MRF ZVTVs, or worse, JK tyres!

I happened to be in a VW show room yesterday and there was a Polo TDI (not GT) highline and Vento TDI highline

1) the tyres on both were Goodyears; not Apollo not MRF.
2) the leather wrap on hand brake lever was absent in both
3) the silver rotary knob for light was present
4) Another interesting thing i noticed is that the chasis number was starting with MEX for all 3 cars (there was a cross polo also) and not WVW

Last edited by Mohan Mathew A : 16th April 2015 at 15:39.
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2015, 23:14   #2733
Senior - BHPian
 
el lobo 6061's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,454
Thanked: 932 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Another interesting thing i noticed is that the chasis number was starting with MEX for all 3 cars (there was a cross polo also) and not WVW
According to World Manufacturer Identifier WMI code, first character of the WMI is the region in which the manufacturer is located.

MA-ME = India.

Link.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2015, 10:08   #2734
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 364
Thanked: 207 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
According to World Manufacturer Identifier WMI code, first character of the WMI is the region in which the manufacturer is located.

MA-ME = India.

Link.
Thanks for the link. it was useful. So MEX is the identifier for Volkswagen India, it seems. this change from WVW to MEX seems to be very recent
Mohan Mathew A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2015, 20:11   #2735
BHPian
 
drpudhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Erode/Kovai
Posts: 287
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

25000 km update:

So, its been an excellent experience so far. Have completed 17 months with my first car and no major issues. Except for a couple of dings in the door, the car is pretty touchwood. Planning to get them rectified using my zero dep policy. Can anyone clarify till which year zero dep is available. I have Bajaj allianz.

Don't think i can ever live without the DSG in future.

The mileage has been averaging around 12 (Occ. Highway - 15 and Daily drive - 11)

One issue i had is with the philips xtreme vision bulbs, the low beam of one conked after only 15 months. Now have started my hunt for a good projector setup. Thinking of sourcing the FX-R from retrosource. But i'm definitely not a DIY guy, so looking for some experienced retrofitters in chennai. Any help will be very much appreciated. Not sure about the quality of locally available projector kits which are mostly chinese knock offs.

Urgent upgrades on pipeline :
Projector headlights
Auto dimming IRVM & ORVM
drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2015, 20:16   #2736
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7,892
Thanked: 5,568 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
One issue i had is with the philips xtreme vision bulbs, the low beam of one conked after only 15 months. Now have started my hunt for a good projector setup. Thinking of sourcing the FX-R from retrosource. But i'm definitely not a DIY guy, so looking for some experienced retrofitters in chennai. Any help will be very much appreciated. Not sure about the quality of locally available projector kits which are mostly chinese knock offs.

Urgent upgrades on pipeline :
Projector headlights
Auto dimming IRVM & ORVM
Thanks for the update and good to know that your experience so far has been pleasant. It can be reassuring for those who are looking to buy the car.

Personally, I'd suggest you avoid getting projectors installed. If you absolutely must, source the OEM DRL+projector setup that's available on the Euro Polo, although it must be said that they're eye-wateringly expensive.

BTW, how are the Philips Xtreme-Vision bulbs vis a vis the stock bulbs?
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2015, 20:37   #2737
BHPian
 
drpudhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Erode/Kovai
Posts: 287
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Personally, I'd suggest you avoid getting projectors installed. If you absolutely must, source the OEM DRL+projector setup that's available on the Euro Polo, although it must be said that they're eye-wateringly expensive.

BTW, how are the Philips Xtreme-Vision bulbs vis a vis the stock bulbs?
They are definitely brighter than the stock H4 bulbs. Was pretty much happy with those till they failed. And the pre facelift polo headlights have poor reflector design and only so much can a better bulb could provide. Any specific reason against projectors ? And the oem setup is just too expensive.
drpudhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2015, 20:43   #2738
Senior - BHPian
 
Schoudhury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Blore/Dallas-TX
Posts: 1,068
Thanked: 467 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post

One issue i had is with the philips xtreme vision bulbs, the low beam of one conked after only 15 months. Now have started my hunt for a good projector setup.
Urgent upgrades on pipeline :
Projector headlights
Auto dimming IRVM & ORVM

Why don't you try a 90/100 W setup. Retrofit projectors might not be that effective .

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2015, 20:48   #2739
BHPian
 
drpudhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Erode/Kovai
Posts: 287
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Why don't you try a 90/100 W setup. Retrofit projectors might not be that effective .

Cheers
Is it legal to have the 90/100 W setup ? I want a focused beam with good cut off and nothing that will be blinding to others.
drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2015, 22:43   #2740
Senior - BHPian
 
Schoudhury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Blore/Dallas-TX
Posts: 1,068
Thanked: 467 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Is it legal to have the 90/100 W setup ? I want a focused beam with good cut off and nothing that will be blinding to others.

Not sure about the legality factor, but in polos you have options / nobs to adjust the focus of the headlights, so focusing should not be an issue at all .
But the most important part is, you will get a clear view of road ahead of you. Which I think is the main functionality you are looking at this point of time .


Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2015, 07:15   #2741
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7,892
Thanked: 5,568 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Any specific reason against projectors ? And the oem setup is just too expensive.
Retrofitting projectors will involve some amount of wire cutting and jugaad. That's never a good idea in VWs considering that they're extremely sensitive to such modifications. You will void your electrical warranty immediately. Also, it won't look good after a while. Nothing like the OEM finish I'd say!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2015, 10:59   #2742
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,385
Thanked: 5,233 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Retrofitting projectors will involve some amount of wire cutting and jugaad. That's never a good idea in VWs considering that they're extremely sensitive to such modifications. You will void your electrical warranty immediately. Also, it won't look good after a while. Nothing like the OEM finish I'd say!
Depending on the kit, the projectors will most probably be plug and play. No wires cut. Also the projectors from Retrofit Source are much better than the Chinese/Taiwanese ones available here which fade after a year or two. Also if the headlight is opened up well, and the projector install is done neatly, and then the headlight put back together properly it can look as though its OEM.
Akshay1234 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2015, 20:26   #2743
BHPian
 
drpudhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Erode/Kovai
Posts: 287
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

BTW, how are the Philips Xtreme-Vision bulbs vis a vis the stock bulbs?
Here is a comparison between philips xtreme vision (On left side) and stock H4 bulbs (on right side of image). I hope you could appreciate the difference. The Xtreme vision is brighter and whiter...
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-wp_20150418_19_59_32_pro.jpg  

drpudhi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2015, 21:55   #2744
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,381
Thanked: 9,854 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Here is a comparison between philips xtreme vision (On left side) and stock H4 bulbs (on right side of image). I hope you could appreciate the difference. The Xtreme vision is brighter and whiter...
Philips XV has a sharper beam spread as compared to OEM. I too have noticed this difference in my Swift when I had it before upgrading up Phillips Rally 100/90.

The light has a slight whitish tinge to it on the low beam but the high beam is yellowish.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2015, 09:53   #2745
Senior - BHPian
 
Santoshbhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 2,092 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

I just checked my Dec 2014 GT TSI and confirm that....

1) The door pad armrest area have fabric padding (black).
2) Handbrake lever has leather covering
3) Headlight switch is without the chrome lining.

If indeed these small things have been omitted in the 2015 models, its a shame.

Someone was asking about the colour of the dashboard. It is well and truly all black and not greige or grey. I have no complaints about the interior quality though. I think its top notch.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_5872.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_5876.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_5879.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_5882.jpg  

Santoshbhat is online now   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 370 16th November 2016 01:22
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi robimahanta Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 318 22nd October 2016 11:04
Volkswagen Jetta 1.4 TSI : Official Review Rehaan Official New Car Reviews 111 25th August 2016 16:53
Volkswagen Jetta TSI (petrol) spotted. Could be a 1.4L TSI? Y@SH The Indian Car Scene 133 30th June 2012 15:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks