Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2016, 21:09   #3781
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,956
Thanked: 6,372 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdrive View Post
The VW website give very little info about GT. No info about colours.
Any one know about it ?
You mean the colors in which the GT is available? Red, white and grey.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2016, 21:34   #3782
Senior - BHPian
 
McLaren Rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore
Posts: 2,276
Thanked: 339 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by commander View Post
Picked up the GT last friday.
Congrats on that car.

Just out of curiosity, doesn't the GT come with indicators on the ORVMs? Fairly sure this is true for CL and HL Polo models as of 2015 and later.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2016, 22:28   #3783
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai/ Trichy
Posts: 316
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Congrats on that car.

Just out of curiosity, doesn't the GT come with indicators on the ORVMs? Fairly sure this is true for CL and HL Polo models as of 2015 and later.
Commander picked up a GT of the batch previous to the previous batch cos he got a hefty discount! There was a sizable discussion on that too.
sunsetorange is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2016, 20:26   #3784
Newbie
 
srinivasnvns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 18
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

When I am driving my GT TSI at a low speed, between 25 kmph and 35 kmph in D mode, I hear a very low frequency hum. It increases with acceleration and above 35 kmph just vanishes (probably the frequency is increasing and I do not hear it anymore). The AC and all electricals inside cabin are turned off. I hear it coming from the passenger side. I have checked the left wheels for anything that might be stuck and brushing against the body, but could not locate anything.

Any thoughts what I should further look into? The car is due its first service in June.

Note to mods: I thought this thread is the best to post about the issue. Please feel free to move the post to a more apt thread.

Cheers,
Srinivas
srinivasnvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2016, 23:14   #3785
BHPian
 
drpudhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Erode/Kovai
Posts: 287
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasnvns View Post
When I am driving my GT TSI at a low speed, between 25 kmph and 35 kmph in D mode, I hear a very low frequency hum. It increases with acceleration and above 35 kmph just vanishes (probably the frequency is increasing and I do not hear it anymore). The AC and all electricals inside cabin are turned off. I hear it coming from the passenger side. I have checked the left wheels for anything that might be stuck and brushing against the body, but could not locate anything.

Any thoughts what I should further look into? The car is due its first service in June.

Note to mods: I thought this thread is the best to post about the issue. Please feel free to move the post to a more apt thread.

Cheers,
Srinivas
That's the turbo burping,

On a serious note, i think what you are hearing is the GT's turbo spooling up before the kick. Pretty normal i would say and i hear it all the time when you build up speed at leisure.
drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2016, 09:33   #3786
Newbie
 
srinivasnvns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 18
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Ahh I see. Thank you drpudhi for the note. If that is indeed the turbo, I am surprised to hear it in the cabin. Shouldn't the bonnet insulation prevent it? Just thinking out loud.

-Srinivas
srinivasnvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2016, 13:23   #3787
Senior - BHPian
 
graaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,024
Thanked: 1,609 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasnvns View Post
Ahh I see. Thank you drpudhi for the note. If that is indeed the turbo, I am surprised to hear it in the cabin. Shouldn't the bonnet insulation prevent it? Just thinking out loud.

-Srinivas
Hi Srinivas,

Maybe if you can take a small video with the sound and post it here, someone may be able to identify the issue (if any). You could also take it to the dealer and get it checked.
graaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2016, 23:29   #3788
Newbie
 
srinivasnvns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 18
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Hi Srinivas,

Maybe if you can take a small video with the sound and post it here, someone may be able to identify the issue (if any). You could also take it to the dealer and get it checked.
Hi graaja,

I was able to capture the hum today on video. Between 0:03 and 0:06 the hum is clearly audible. You might have to use a headset and bump up the volume a bit. As you can see from the video, I am doing around 35 kmph @1700 rpm. All windows were up, AC and other cabin electricals were off.



-Srinivas
srinivasnvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2016, 10:08   #3789
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 32
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

I have covered 1700 KM and can now officially use Sports mode
I avoided it till I crossed 1500. Man sports mode is something else

I have two observations so far...
  1. I can hear the suspension hiss quite well when coasting at lower speeds over
  2. undulating roads. No complaints on the suspension but is the hissing sound normal? This is with all windows rolled up.
  3. While reversing if the front wheels are on the edge of a curb then the car moves forward when I release the brakes before starting to reverse. This caused a panic situation recently since I took her close to a tree and had to reverse. The car kept moving forward and I almost hit the tree. Since then I avoid going too close to objects if I need to reverse and I know the slope is against me. These situations call for the handbrake? I though the hill hold function works in reverse as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT145 View Post
Meanwhile is there anyone who shipped any products with China Airmail from Aliexpress. Any idea on how the customs dealings are done in India with China Airmail. I'm badly waiting for front grill emblems but they seems stuck at customs :(
I have done this a lot with ebay.com, aliexpress, dx.com, ... and usually don't have an issue. It all depends on how big, heavy the package is and the value declared by the seller. The customs are usually looking for iphones and stuff. If its a low value package it usually gets cleared in 2-3 days depending on the load at customs. I just got a parcel yesterday and you can see here that it took 3 days to clear customs.
sanspatil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2016, 12:02   #3790
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 33
Thanked: 13 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspatil View Post
I have covered 1700 KM and can now officially use Sports mode
I avoided it till I crossed 1500. Man sports mode is something else

I have two observations so far...
  1. I can hear the suspension hiss quite well when coasting at lower speeds over
  2. undulating roads. No complaints on the suspension but is the hissing sound normal? This is with all windows rolled up.
  3. While reversing if the front wheels are on the edge of a curb then the car moves forward when I release the brakes before starting to reverse. This caused a panic situation recently since I took her close to a tree and had to reverse. The car kept moving forward and I almost hit the tree. Since then I avoid going too close to objects if I need to reverse and I know the slope is against me. These situations call for the handbrake? I though the hill hold function works in reverse as well!



I have done this a lot with ebay.com, aliexpress, dx.com, ... and usually don't have an issue. It all depends on how big, heavy the package is and the value declared by the seller. The customs are usually looking for iphones and stuff. If its a low value package it usually gets cleared in 2-3 days depending on the load at customs. I just got a parcel yesterday and you can see here that it took 3 days to clear customs.
The suspension hissing is normal. I had the same query a few months back and looks like this behavior is normal.

I havent felt the behavior with the reverse gear. i will verify the same and update.
ngauravmalhotra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2016, 17:47   #3791
Newbie
 
srinivasnvns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 18
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasnvns View Post
Hi graaja,

I was able to capture the hum today on video. Between 0:03 and 0:06 the hum is clearly audible. You might have to use a headset and bump up the volume a bit. As you can see from the video, I am doing around 35 kmph @1700 rpm. All windows were up, AC and other cabin electricals were off.

-Srinivas
I might have gotten rid of the audible hum. I spent time cleaning the wheel wells and also the tires. Turns out that there was a big stone embedded on the inside edge of the left front tire. It was cut and polished due to the run and was a big pain to get it out. I believe it was hitting the road and sound was travelling through the well into the cabin. I went on a long drive testing my hypothesis; did not hear anything both on good tarmacs and bad ones. Hopefully I won't get to hear it at all in the future.
srinivasnvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2016, 21:05   #3792
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 33
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspatil View Post
[*]While reversing if the front wheels are on the edge of a curb then the car moves forward when I release the brakes before starting to reverse. This caused a panic situation recently since I took her close to a tree and had to reverse. The car kept moving forward and I almost hit the tree. Since then I avoid going too close to objects if I need to reverse and I know the slope is against me. These situations call for the handbrake? I though the hill hold function works in reverse as well!
Hi Sansa, are you saying that the hill hold doesn't work while reversing?
I am not sure if I understand your concern correctly. While would you need to put in reverse gear when you're gonna go back naturally to reverse while upslope or are you trying to reverse while down sloping? I have observed that the hill launch only works while upslope on my Vento TSI. I am new to automatic and may be wrong.
meetzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2016, 21:24   #3793
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai/ Trichy
Posts: 316
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Hi all! This is regarding the Touchscreen audio head unit in the 2016 GT &highline variants.

The VW Radio app for iOS works like a charm! Has anyone been using it?
sunsetorange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2016, 12:49   #3794
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 32
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetzap View Post
Hi Sansa, are you saying that the hill hold doesn't work while reversing?
I am not sure if I understand your concern correctly. While would you need to put in reverse gear when you're gonna go back naturally to reverse while upslope or are you trying to reverse while down sloping? I have observed that the hill launch only works while upslope on my Vento TSI. I am new to automatic and may be wrong.
Yes, I think the hill hold doesn't work in reverse gear in a slope when the car is pointing downhill. I haven't confirmed this on a sloping road but I have experienced this while the front wheels are on the edge of the curb. I put the car in reverse gear and let go of the brakes and the car slid forward on the curb instead of holding and reversing.
sanspatil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2016, 16:51   #3795
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 81
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Just an update from my end in case anybody else here had an issue importing contacts to the RCD330G while using a samsung S6 edge+

Well, i just updated to android 6.0.1 and today lo and behold it just imported the contacts on its own as soon as i started bluetooth and the phone paired with the head unit.

So it was an android issue and not an issue with the RCD330G

nova9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 370 16th November 2016 01:22
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi robimahanta Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 318 22nd October 2016 11:04
Volkswagen Jetta 1.4 TSI : Official Review Rehaan Official New Car Reviews 111 25th August 2016 16:53
Volkswagen Jetta TSI (petrol) spotted. Could be a 1.4L TSI? Y@SH The Indian Car Scene 133 30th June 2012 15:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks