Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2017, 10:11   #4381
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,407
Thanked: 913 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish13 View Post
Have driven 45k on my polo gt tsi. I have been experiencing jerks on gears D4, D5 and D6 when I slowly accelerate. They stop as I press the pedal completely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Simple Vcds adaptation and/or battery reset procedure will do the job for most of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Did they check your engine mounts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Have almost the exact issue. 33K- 3 year run Vento TSI . Mildly shudders in D2 when you accelerate from a speed-breaker or similar situation. Only difference is that it does not happen all the time, sometimes comes up, mostly not. Have not experienced it in S or M mode. Have not tried a reset. Planning to do that.
All,

As I mentioned, they showed me black fluid coming out of the fuel filter when they cleaned it and I asked them to replace the fuel filter instead of cleaning it (as it is no more replaced in regular service as per the SA!). They also sold me a fuel additive that helps clean the fuel filter, injectors, etc (they could not explain to me how it actually works). It's been 9 days since this service center visit (DSG upgrade + new fuel filter), the shuddering gradually reduced over these 9 days. On Saturday, I refilled the tank with regular petrol but poured this additive before refilling. Since then I did a 250 km trip to Nagar and then another 70 odd km in Pune city traffic. On the same speed-breakers I see no shuddering over last 2 days. There is mild shudder at times when picking up speed and going from D2 to D3 but that's mild and now happens say 3 out to 10 times, which is much lesser than before. Will continue to monitor and report in another week.

So looks like clogged fuel filter was the culprit. Do change your fuel filter and see if it helps.

Cheers!

Last edited by anandpadhye : 20th February 2017 at 10:13.
anandpadhye is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2017, 23:12   #4382
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: GURGAON
Posts: 6
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
All,

As I mentioned, they showed me black fluid coming out of the fuel filter when they cleaned it and I asked them to replace the fuel filter instead of cleaning it (as it is no more replaced in regular service as per the SA!). They also sold me a fuel additive that helps clean the fuel filter, injectors, etc (they could not explain to me how it actually works). It's been 9 days since this service center visit (DSG upgrade + new fuel filter), the shuddering gradually reduced over these 9 days. On Saturday, I refilled the tank with regular petrol but poured this additive before refilling. Since then I did a 250 km trip to Nagar and then another 70 odd km in Pune city traffic. On the same speed-breakers I see no shuddering over last 2 days. There is mild shudder at times when picking up speed and going from D2 to D3 but that's mild and now happens say 3 out to 10 times, which is much lesser than before. Will continue to monitor and report in another week.

So looks like clogged fuel filter was the culprit. Do change your fuel filter and see if it helps.

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
You are not alone, I am getting there
Mine has done 34k in 3 years and it shudders when I slowly accelerate after a speed-breaker (it's mostly in D2 in such situations). Complained about it during 3rd service, they upgraded the DSG software and also cleaned the fuel filter (showed me the black discharge from it), recommended I switch to good petrol and sold me a fuel additive. I am yet to refuel and use the additive, so can't comment on that. But all the DSG update and fuel filter change did was it changed the way the problem manifests! Now it does not always shudder after a speed-breaker (sometimes it does, sometimes it does not) but shudders when taking U turns (part throttle during the turn as well as while accelerating out after the U), it now also shudders in D3 sometimes which was not seen before the upgrade. Reading your post, I have feeling that as I put more kilometers on it, it will start shuddering in every gear while accelerating slowly!

I have lodged a complaint and they have asked me to drive it for 15 days and then bring it in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
The only jerks I have felt are the usual downshift from D3 to D2 in slow moving traffic. Esp when I am coasting with no Accelerator Input and the computer decides to downshift to avoid stalling. It doesn't happen if I happen to brake to slowdown.

Whats your usual driving pattern? Taking her out on the highway for a good sporty run and keeping RPMs in mid range (but not constant) helps fix a lot of minor niggles with engine response and also let the software re-learn your driving style.
So, I had sent the car back to the service station. They couldn't figure out what the issue was initially, called me in for a test drive again with the technician. They tried all sorts of upgrades and resets but nothing solved the problem. They were reporting all of this to VW over mail. I was given my car today after 4 days with the same problem and a bottle of additive as discussed above. I have put it in the fuel tank after getting it fuel. I have been told that due to poor quality of fuel in India this problem has happened and this additive will help clean the system. I was also advised to use this at every service interval. I am now waiting for results. I hope it gets better.

Also, I have been having this issue where sometimes when the car shudders and I try to accelerate, suddenly the EPC and ESP lights appear on and I am not able to drive. I have to switch off the car and start again, and it works perfectly. I thought this issue was resolved when I sent the car for service last week, but it happened again today. Will wait for a few days to see the results.
ashish13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2017, 08:44   #4383
BHPian
 
chase_nt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Visakhapatnam
Posts: 138
Thanked: 456 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisharchit View Post
Here is what I feel on the car! I am absolutely in love with this hatchback!

Do have a look!
Watching your video made me feel like i was hearing an echo of my thoughts each time i got behind the wheel of my ex GT TSI over the three years that i had owned it before i sold it and bought the Abarth Punto. The sheer effortless way it delivers power to its wheels thanks to the DSG is just pure magic that cannot be explained but only experienced. If theres one car that i want to purchase all over again it would be the GT TSI
chase_nt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 08:40   #4384
BHPian
 
ece2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 436
Thanked: 219 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Any other changes seen apart from 16" wheels in MY 2017 GT TSI?

I am planning to book one for my wife and I am wondering if I should wait for some more time
ece2k2 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 09:58   #4385
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,865
Thanked: 2,217 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish13 View Post
Also, I have been having this issue where sometimes when the car shudders and I try to accelerate, suddenly the EPC and ESP lights appear on and I am not able to drive. I have to switch off the car and start again, and it works perfectly. I thought this issue was resolved when I sent the car for service last week, but it happened again today. Will wait for a few days to see the results.
If you can access a Vcds cable and emulate the same while logging, then nothing like it.
That will give you an exact idea.. To do an auto scan before and after the incident will also give you clues as to which sensor has gone kaput.
Also, make sure you don't have any rat bites on any of your wiring harness. Have your car checked for any rodent tell tale signs.
frankmehta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 16:34   #4386
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 12
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Dear All,

I would like to thank everybody in the forum for providing vast amount of knowledge and sharing experience which has helped me to decide on Polo GT TSI. I have probably read most of the concerned posts but there are two questions which makes me re-think about investing in this car:

1. Is DSG reliable enough for our country with 91 octane fuel as 97 is very difficult to procure? Shuddering seems to be the common issue. I'm planning to use this car approximately 6,000 to 7,000 KMs a year including mix of city driving on weekends and long trips to holidays (mostly in himalayas). I will be going for 2 year extended warranty and have been told by SA that extended warranty covers the gear box.

2. What fuel other members have been using? VW recommends 95 RON which is not available at-least in Delhi-NCR. Can somebody guide on this?
deepak_bajaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 18:24   #4387
Senior - BHPian
 
graaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,275
Thanked: 2,535 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_bajaj View Post
Dear All,

I would like to thank everybody in the forum for providing vast amount of knowledge and sharing experience which has helped me to decide on Polo GT TSI. I have probably read most of the concerned posts but there are two questions which makes me re-think about investing in this car:

1. Is DSG reliable enough for our country with 91 octane fuel as 97 is very difficult to procure? Shuddering seems to be the common issue. I'm planning to use this car approximately 6,000 to 7,000 KMs a year including mix of city driving on weekends and long trips to holidays (mostly in himalayas). I will be going for 2 year extended warranty and have been told by SA that extended warranty covers the gear box.

2. What fuel other members have been using? VW recommends 95 RON which is not available at-least in Delhi-NCR. Can somebody guide on this?
The engine works fine with the regular 91 octane petrol. There is no need to worry about sourcing 97 octane petrol.

Jerking while changing from 3rd to 2nd gear is a common behavior with the gearbox. However, the latest software update to the DSG has greatly reduced this jerk. I have experienced this and many others have confirmed this as well.

Regarding reliability, though VW claims they have sorted out all the issues, the long term reliability will be known only after two more years. Having said that if you take the 2 year extended warranty, you should not worry. VW honors warranty on the DSG. You need only to be prepared for the inconvenience while the car is in their workshop for the replacement. If you are fine with that small risk, then go ahead. The risk is worth to take for the fun you would get with the 1.2TSi + DSG combo.
graaja is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 19:56   #4388
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 12
Thanked: 15 Times
Wink Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
The engine works fine with the regular 91 octane petrol. There is no need to worry about sourcing 97 octane petrol.

Jerking while changing from 3rd to 2nd gear is a common behavior with the gearbox. However, the latest software update to the DSG has greatly reduced this jerk. I have experienced this and many others have confirmed this as well.

Regarding reliability, though VW claims they have sorted out all the issues, the long term reliability will be known only after two more years. Having said that if you take the 2 year extended warranty, you should not worry. VW honors warranty on the DSG. You need only to be prepared for the inconvenience while the car is in their workshop for the replacement. If you are fine with that small risk, then go ahead. The risk is worth to take for the fun you would get with the 1.2TSi + DSG combo.
Thanks for the info and confirmation. Another thing that is being talked about is Synthetic vs Mineral Oil for the DSG? What is your's and other's view on the same? Is their any way to check what Oil has been put in a new car during the PDI?
deepak_bajaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 20:13   #4389
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 405
Thanked: 388 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_bajaj View Post
Thanks for the info and confirmation. Another thing that is being talked about is Synthetic vs Mineral Oil for the DSG? What is your's and other's view on the same? Is their any way to check what Oil has been put in a new car during the PDI?
VW has switched to mineral oil for GB about 2 years back. No need to check.
freedom is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 20:42   #4390
BHPian
 
Guite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Noida, NCR
Posts: 463
Thanked: 171 Times
Default

97 octane petrol is indeed available in Delhi, for instance at BPCL at GK-1. As for what type of oil is in the gearbox of a new car from factory there is nothing for you to worry about- it will come with company recommended oil for that particular gearbox. It is not something you and I can top up, so we can even remain blisfully unaware. Especially for the DSG gearbox it is best to leave it to company authorised service centre. On the other hand my other car - a Hyundai - runs much smoother on synthetic oil than mineral. Actual oil selection and filling was done at ASS.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 21:16   #4391
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 119
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_bajaj View Post

1. Is DSG reliable enough for our country with 91 octane fuel as 97 is very difficult to procure?
Ive tried regular 91, speed and speed 97. Works fine with all of them, and personally i have not found any advantage with 97 over regular fuel.
nova9 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 21:45   #4392
Senior - BHPian
 
graaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,275
Thanked: 2,535 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_bajaj View Post
Thanks for the info and confirmation. Another thing that is being talked about is Synthetic vs Mineral Oil for the DSG? What is your's and other's view on the same? Is their any way to check what Oil has been put in a new car during the PDI?
As freedom pointed out, switching to mineral oil was one of the fixes VW did for their earlier DSG issues. They even recalled cars and changed the oil to mineral. All new cars come with mineral oil and there is no need to worry about that.
graaja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2017, 21:18   #4393
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,250 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

The vehicle needs to have an engine capable of utilising the extra octanes from the higher rating fuel, the 1.2 is too small an engine to show any marked improvement.
Fill 97 RON in an Octavia equipped with the 1.8Tsi and see the World whizz by at alarming rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Ive tried regular 91, speed and speed 97. Works fine with all of them, and personally i have not found any advantage with 97 over regular fuel.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2017, 22:24   #4394
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 349
Thanked: 268 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Car feels much more light on 93/97 than 91. It does make a bit more power as the recommended Ron is 95. Now if it's worth the extra 17 rupees is upto the buyer
H_Dogg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2017, 23:54   #4395
Senior - BHPian
 
reignofchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,178
Thanked: 1,109 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Ive tried regular 91, speed and speed 97. Works fine with all of them, and personally i have not found any advantage with 97 over regular fuel.
Try it for a few tankfuls. Only then will you notice the changes.
reignofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 398 8th August 2017 17:01
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi robimahanta Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 318 22nd October 2016 11:04
Volkswagen Jetta 1.4 TSI : Official Review Rehaan Official New Car Reviews 111 25th August 2016 16:53
Volkswagen Jetta TSI (petrol) spotted. Could be a 1.4L TSI? Y@SH The Indian Car Scene 133 30th June 2012 15:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:15.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks