Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 7th February 2018, 11:53   #5116
BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghatotkatch View Post
Sump guard : To my surprise, the SA advised against it,
Same here. During the delivery the sales team also indicated the same thing. I too have decided against installing it.
kvish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 11:47   #5117
BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Same here. During the delivery the sales team also indicated the same thing. I too have decided against installing it.
One of my colleagues is looking at purchasing an Ameo TDI DSG and the service personnel have informed him that from Aug'2017, the vehicles are coming equipped with sump guard from the factory itself. However, we need to reconfirm this at the time of delivery as VW frequently make changes.
mtnrajdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 12:19   #5118
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
.. Ameo TDI DSG and the service personnel have informed him that from Aug'2017..
May be that is for the TDI / diesel cars. I "assume" TDI releases less heat to the engine bay as compared to the TSI and hence could be fitted with a sump guard. Just checked about diesel and petrol engine heat release in Google and could see that diesel engine being more efficient converts fuel to usable energy more, than releasing heat as compared to petrol. In petrol engines, more energy gets dissipated as heat.

These are just my assumptions from what I could gather from the web.
Turbopetrol is online now   Reply With Quote