Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2013, 01:35   #541
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: India
Posts: 582
Thanked: 455 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
For a buyer like me it is going to be a single daily driver with no standby or second car. What I am looking for is a fun to drive yet reliable car. Mechanicals should be bullet-proof.
If that is the case (single car, reliability, fun to drive factor) then you should seriously consider Vento AT too. I think fellow BHPias who already own Vento will vouch for that. Polot GT is untested car so far. Or you can wait for some first hand ownership reports of the Polo GT.
tbppjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 07:02   #542
BHPian
 
MuzzledMoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: THRISSUR
Posts: 185
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Vento AT lacks the fun to drive factor. It's a slouch.
MuzzledMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 10:25   #543
BHPian
 
delta5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: TN 23
Posts: 175
Thanked: 105 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
For a buyer like me it is going to be a single daily driver with no standby or second car. What I am looking for is a fun to drive yet reliable car. Mechanicals should be bullet-proof.
Drive on,
Shibu.

Hi Shibujp,
If car with bullet proof reliability and yet fun to drive is what you are looking for, you should reconsider Polo GT. IMHO, a pre-worshiped Civic AT will fit your bill perfectly. It puts a smile on your face every time you drive it, a friend's friend is selling his Civic and even after booking Polo I was tempted to go for it considering the money I would save. Only the fact that it was involved in a minor crash last year and my need for a hatchback kept me away!!

Cheers,
D
delta5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 11:17   #544
mxx
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 671
Thanked: 81 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5 View Post

Hi Shibujp,
If car with bullet proof reliability and yet fun to drive is what you are looking for, you should reconsider Polo GT. IMHO, a pre-worshiped Civic AT will fit your bill perfectly. It puts a smile on your face every time you drive it, a friend's friend is selling his Civic and even after booking Polo I was tempted to go for it considering the money I would save. Only the fact that it was involved in a minor crash last year and my need for a hatchback kept me away!!

Cheers,
D
Disagree here on civic, though civic engine is good, the AT gearbox lets it down. It is no where close to dsg. As far as engine + gearbox combo is concerned polo GT is the best under 10lakhs.
mxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 11:50   #545
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 1,913
Thanked: 1,909 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

In case I have missed a previous post or if it has not been posted before, here is the Price breakup of the TSI Highline in Blore in comparison with the NA 1.2 Highline.

NA -- TSI
Ex Showroom: 610362 -- 813205
Road Tax & Reg: 102850 -- 134372
Insurance: 22805 -- 29913
Esst.Pack: 3000 -- 3000
Extnd Warranty: 7360 -- 7360
On Road Price: 746377 -- 987850


Price diff b/w both- 241473

Prices are from Elite Motors Blore

Regards

Last edited by tharian : 13th May 2013 at 11:51.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 12:34   #546
BHPian
 
delta5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: TN 23
Posts: 175
Thanked: 105 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Disagree here on civic, though civic engine is good, the AT gearbox lets it down. It is no where close to dsg. As far as engine + gearbox combo is concerned polo GT is the best under 10lakhs.
I respect your view there. I think Shibujp's primary concern is reliability and knowing this particular Civic for the past 3 years or so, there was not a single instance of stranded in no-man's-land and its decent fun drive, of course Performance wise its nowhere close to the DSG. I guess it's a compromise when someone wants bulletproof reliability of Honda.

cheers,
D
delta5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 12:44   #547
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 7,829
Thanked: 10,771 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
In case I have missed a previous post or if it has not been posted before, here is the Price breakup of the TSI Highline in Blore in comparison with the NA 1.2 Highline.
Do you have a similar breakup of the HL 1.2TDI to compare with the TSI?

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 13:01   #548
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 13,786
Thanked: 16,928 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
On Road Price: 746377 -- 987850


Price diff b/w both- 241473

Prices are from Elite Motors Blore

Regards
If I remember right, the Ford Fiesta Petrol AT is priced very similar to this. I think less than 50K difference after discounts will get you the Fiesta AT.

It may not have as good an engine as the TSI but performance is not bad and with similar DSG box as well.

Dynamics of the Fiesta are even better than the Polo and you get a proper sedan with a huge boot for the price.

Very under rated but I think it's the best AT in the segment right now.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 13:03   #549
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 1,913
Thanked: 1,909 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Do you have a similar breakup of the HL 1.2TDI to compare with the TSI?

Cheers!
Sure.

TDI -- TSI
Ex Showroom: 722316-- 813205
Road Tax & Reg: 120248-- 134372
Insurance: 26728-- 29913
Esst.Pack: 3000 -- 3000
Extnd Warranty: 8077-- 7360
On Road Price: 880370-- 987850


Price diff b/w both- 107480


@Vid6639
I was thinking the same when driving the TSI , not on the price point, but on the same gearbox.
If the prices are similar on both the Fiesta and TSI, it definitely a worthy competitor to the TSI. The only minus being it does not have quick engine like the TSI . I have heard the 1.5 petrol is not as good as the 1.6 Classic engine.

Last edited by tharian : 13th May 2013 at 13:10. Reason: replied to another Post
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 13:32   #550
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,459
Thanked: 3,085 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
If I remember right, the Ford Fiesta Petrol AT is priced very similar to this. I think less than 50K difference after discounts will get you the Fiesta AT.

It may not have as good an engine as the TSI but performance is not bad and with similar DSG box as well.

Dynamics of the Fiesta are even better than the Polo and you get a proper sedan with a huge boot for the price.

Very under rated but I think it's the best AT in the segment right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I was thinking the same when driving the TSI , not on the price point, but on the same gearbox.
If the prices are similar on both the Fiesta and TSI, it definitely a worthy competitor to the TSI. The only minus being it does not have quick engine like the TSI . I have heard the 1.5 petrol is not as good as the 1.6 Classic engine.
On the same lines, I think even the upcoming Ecosport AT will be something which can be compared directly with the Polo GT. Similar tech, dual clutch gearbox, safety options etc. Space inside should be comparable as well.

Last edited by vb-san : 13th May 2013 at 13:47.
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 14:40   #551
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 46
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Why only the ecosport AT. I've heard really good things about the ecoboost which is also a turbocharged one. I think vw's target audience will be more interested in that.
'AL' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 15:45   #552
BHPian
 
drjanakpatel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: rajkot
Posts: 75
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'AL' View Post
Why only the ecosport AT. I've heard really good things about the ecoboost which is also a turbocharged one. I think vw's target audience will be more interested in that.
I myself was waiting for this engine and car, but ford's delay put me off. Also ecoboost is a three cylinder engine which is bound to get strained at high rpms.
drjanakpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 15:52   #553
BHPian
 
drpudhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Erode/Kovai
Posts: 287
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'AL' View Post
Why only the ecosport AT. I've heard really good things about the ecoboost which is also a turbocharged one. I think vw's target audience will be more interested in that.
I think they were mentioning about the dual clutch transmissions. Though ecoboost is also turbo charged, there is no plan at least at launch, for an ecoboost AT.
drpudhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 17:26   #554
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 769
Thanked: 370 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

I wrote to VW Customer Care on the DQ 200 problem and received a response from them - though not fully satisfactory. I am reproducing it for the benefit of all

My email:

Quote:
Dear Madam / Sir:

I am in the process of buying the Polo GT 1.2 TSI. However when I did some research on it, I discovered that there have been recalls of the DQ 200, DSG units in countries, including China, Singapore, Malaysia and Japan.

In fact VW spokesman in Japan has said that (http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...0DQ14M20130509 ) "the problems were due to the hot and wet climate, the extreme stop-and-go traffic as well as pollution typical of some Asian cities."

If that be the case then it implies that the DQ 200, which is also used in Polo GT 1.2 TSI will also face the same problems albeit with higher frequency (as seen in the Skoda Superb as well).

1. Does the DQ 200 DSG box fitted in the Polo GT in India is similar to the replaced DSG units in China and other places?

2. Why does VW believe that this will not cause problems in the Polo GT?

I will wait for your clarifications before making the purchase.
VW response:

Quote:
Greetings from Volkswagen Passenger Cars, India!!

This bears reference to your following query regarding the Polo GT TSI.

We would like to inform you that the reports and concerns that you are referring to regarding the Polo GT TSI are country specific and VIN specific.

Hence it would not be relevant to expect the same from the car launched in India.

We would also like to inform you that the Polo GT TSI comes with a 2 year warranty which also covers the gear box.

This is for your information please.

Warm Regards,
Customer Care
Sales
Volkswagen Passenger Cars, India
Cheers,
diffsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 17:30   #555
Team-BHP Support
 
Mpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,414
Thanked: 1,627 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
We would also like to inform you that the Polo GT TSI comes with a 2 year warranty which also covers the gear box.

This is for your information please.

Warm Regards,
Customer Care
Sales
Volkswagen Passenger Cars, India
Interesting how he makes zero effort to mention the 4 year ext warranty. I am beginning to wonder if it even covers the trans.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 370 16th November 2016 01:22
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi robimahanta Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 318 22nd October 2016 11:04
Volkswagen Jetta 1.4 TSI : Official Review Rehaan Official New Car Reviews 111 25th August 2016 16:53
Volkswagen Jetta TSI (petrol) spotted. Could be a 1.4L TSI? Y@SH The Indian Car Scene 133 30th June 2012 15:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks