Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 4th July 2013, 01:31   #2146

Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
So which sedan are you planning to buy and why? At the same cost can you compare two variants(eco sport vs your sedan) in detail with price.
I am planning to go ahead with a 1.4L Verna Fluidic or a Honda City iVTEC...Almost same price but a proper car and better value for money.
chokxxi90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 07:02   #2147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfSith View Post
It doesn't make any sense to me EcoBoost has so much waiting and the MD emphatically says deliveries have begun.

I booked a Titanium TDCI and I am already frustrated with how things are moving.

Deliveries have started, it all depends on the color and variant you booked. Right now the allocation of color and variant is not based on the bookings each dealer has done. If I have opted for Mars red then I could have got the car much early. I think may be mid of July, Ford will allot the color and variant based on the customer bookings.
anumod is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 07:25   #2148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post

Deliveries have started, it all depends on the color and variant you booked. Right now the allocation of color and variant is not based on the bookings each dealer has done. If I have opted for Mars red then I could have got the car much early. I think may be mid of July, Ford will allot the color and variant based on the customer bookings.
I am hearing different. I hear Mars Red will be delayed due to issues on the quality of paint finish that Ford is seeing. Apparently they are not getting the same gloss as they got with the original overseas supplier upon localization, with this particular shade. Black or Grey are available sooner, based on what my dealer tells me.
84.monsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 07:43   #2149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
For all concerned about the topple effect. Attaching a pic which shows another car toppling as well. If you see correctly its a demo vehicle based out of Bangalore.

As somebody told earlier any road going car can be toppled.Any car will have threshold of speed beyond which it is bound to topple.

A normal sensible drive would find it hard to topple.Where as a guy completely out of his mind would take seconds to topple any car. Afterall one can trust the amount of investment to design, time of testing that has been put into before releasing to the car to market.
This is the 4th one i saw in this forum. First in Goa, second in ahamadabad, third in kerala and the 4th in bangalore. All demo /test cars.

All other car models are also test driven by potential buyers and few of them unfortunately met accidents also. But I never heard 4 topples in a months time.

Is this not a serious issue? I fell in US, this might have triggered an investigation and recall.

I am not going to buy eco sport (whatever may be the plus points). I want a topper not toppler.
ambadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 07:56   #2150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post

This is the 4th one i saw in this forum. First in Goa, second in ahamadabad, third in kerala and the 4th in bangalore. All demo /test cars.

But I never heard 4 topples in a months time.

I am not going to buy eco sport (whatever may be the plus points). I want a topper not toppler.
The Bangalore incident involves a Duster and not EcoSport. You can even see the Renault logo on it.

Secondly, even a very good car can topple in hands of a moron and I must tell you, our roads are filled with morons.
BoneCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 08:28   #2151
BHPian

Quote:

You have got the numbers wrong, there is no 3rd or 4th topple as of now.
Buying decision shouldnt be made purely based on reviews by others or seeing photos, you need to try it out yourself. Did you test drive the car?

Last edited by sansvk : 4th July 2013 at 08:28. Reason: Spelling correction
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 08:32   #2152
BHPian

Quote:

All other car models are also test driven by potential buyers and few of them unfortunately met accidents also. But I never heard 4 topples in a months time.

Is this not a serious issue? I fell in US, this might have triggered an investigation and recall.

The photo i posted is not of ecosport..but is of duster which also happens to be demo vehicle. You can also google and find toppled rapids and sedans. I cant comment if ecosport is a topper but definitely not a toppler.

Coming back to ecosport, mangalore dealer says deliveries will commence on or post july15.
The dealer also told a dew days back that bookings have crossed 20k mark.
Also one newspaper reported ford sales incresed by some 15%. The total number cars shipped locally was some 8k. So i am presuming not more than 3-3.5k of ecosport have been shipped to dealers.
There will be people who complain of long waiting,showrooom people attitude, but one who actually wants ecosport will wait..
PrideRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 09:12   #2153
BHPian

Lets wait and see this month's car sale analysis and we will come to know as to how many Ecosports have been sent out to the dealers in India.

Should be out in a day or two for the reading pleasure of team-BHP members.

Cheers
i74js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 09:18   #2154
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw a Black EcoSport in my residential complex today morning. Evidently picked up by someone.

Am given to understand by the Dealer in Thane that the allocation among vehicle given to a dealership as per colours would be done by the dealership itself and not ford. Yes ford is now manufacturing as per the colour and variant trend that has emerged. But the dealership can speed up ones delivery if one is more flexible on colours even now. Hence have given the dealer 3 options to choose from (basis which is available early) while specifying one for the record.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 09:20   #2155
BHPian

Here are the numbers, though exact number of Ecosport shipped is not mentioned:
The American auto maker, Ford India has registered a strong sales growth of 20.46 per cent in June 2013. The company sold 8,771 vehicles, which consists of both domestic and exports. It sold 7,145 vehicles in the domestic market boosted by the launch of All-new Ford EcoSport, an increase of 14 per cent. It had sold 6,267 units domestically in June last year. The exports rose 59 per cent in June to 1,626 vehicles from 1,024 units a year earlier.
Source: http://www.business-standard.com/art...0200615_1.html .
PrideRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 09:21   #2156
Senior - BHPian

Had booked a Sea Grey 1.5 TDCI Titanium on 26th , Taking delivery tomorrow ! Had earlier booked the Amaze , but cancelled after Ecosport Launch ! Happy that the dealer managed timely delivery but not too happy with the part where they force you to take Insurance + Add Accessories from the dealership .
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 10:05   #2157
BANNED

It is sad to see people blaming the EcoSport for all the accidents so far. Those are caused by over enthusiastic, inadequate drivers and is not at all the car's fault. Though I wonder how it happened with ESP. Or is that only available on the 1.5 petrol with dsg? Were any of the toppled cars equipped with ESP?

Can someone also elaborate on this whole 'insurance from dealer and compulsory accessories pack' thing? Isn't it illegal for the dealer to insist on such things? :/
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 10:50   #2158
BHPian

My SA gave me a call yesterday and asked why haven't I booked the ES yet, I informed him that I didn't like all these stipulations. Firstly I wanted to finance the vehicle myself, secondly that I wasn't interested in the 3rd / 4th year warranty nor was I interested in the Accessories Pack, which initially he stated was not mandatory, but during the call yesterday, he said its a MUST and forth that I wanted to get insurance from my current provider.

He said that he couldn't give a quote because his managers are not allowing it (quote needed to get my own financing done).

He said that taking the Insurance from us is mandatory and that's the only way they make a profit.

Third is that the 3rd / 4th year warranty which he INITIALLY said was a MUST is now optional according to him.

Forth is that the Accessories pack is now a MUST when it wasn't before.

He asked me to come talk to his Manager to see if there was something that could be done. I informed him that I am not begging for a car which I am paying for and that I am not going to play the Mandatory games with them. I am not interested in the vehicle any longer.

When I asked how many bookings were currently done he said 389 from just his dealership (Cargo Ford - SG Highway in Ahmedabad) and that I will get my car in under 25 Days (Trend OR Titanium in 1.5 l Petrol).

When I asked him to do the math on how many bookings were done, how many cars were being produced and the volume of production vs variants, there was no way that I would get the car in 25 Days. He said I guarantee it and just book it without any hesitation. Laughing inside fully knowing that I wasn't going to book the car with all those stipulations above and considering the TAT of delivery, I said I tell you what, why don't you take care of the financing, insurance, accessories and add the 3/4 yr warranty and ill give you 10 L CASH. You get a commission of 2 Lac.

He for obvious reasons stated that I cant do that; I asked in that case you couldn't do one more thing then, which is to call me anymore.

1) I would obviously take the 3rd and 4th year warranty and the accessories, and to make it simple would take the insurance from them as well. BUT I don't want anyone telling me I HAVE TO, when I know I DON'T, especially when I have an email from Ford India stating that "Those are Optional and we have advised our Dealerships to make all of these services available to the customer during the purchase to make it easier for them."

2) I want to finance the vehicle myself because I am getting 9.8% Financing as well as added services from the bank which I have been with for over 30 years.

Anyway, that's my rant, I think its safe to say that its better to wait and let the air clear before purchasing.
dhruvmalik is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 11:15   #2159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
I informed him that I am not begging for a car which I am paying for and that I am not going to play the Mandatory games with them. I am not interested in the vehicle any longer.

BUT I don't want anyone telling me I HAVE TO, when I know I DON'T, especially when I have an email from Ford India stating that "Those are Optional and we have advised our Dealerships to make all of these services available to the customer during the purchase to make it easier for them."

Anyway, that's my rant, I think its safe to say that its better to wait and let the air clear before purchasing.
Kudos for taking a strong stand. So many of these car dealerships behave like they are doing customers a favor rather than the other way round (especially for the flavor of the month cars like Duster and EcoSport). I think the car dealership industry has the worst customer service experience in any industry in India (my little rant to join yours)
crazydave is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 11:33   #2160
Senior - BHPian

Exclamation Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:

At the very least, give a post a proper read.

~~~~~~~~~~~
A colleague in my office shares with me that his team mate's relative working in Ford, was mentioning about a price increase being discussed/considered/planned internally in Ford.

Disclaimer: I am not trying to start a debate/war, get individuals those who've already booked excited or make people sitting on the fence, nervous. This info could be right or wrong, I'm only sharing what I heard.

As I've commented earlier, IF Ford were to do this, I'm guessing the numbers will drop considerably (depending on how much the increase will be). Many people, I believe (and also know) are considering the EcoSport 'only' for its price.

Last edited by k_ajay : 4th July 2013 at 11:48.
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote