Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2013, 12:56   #3211
BHPian
 
johannskaria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: MH 03 / KL 08
Posts: 597
Thanked: 1,124 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post

Well you never know, with the kind of car crazy people here, there is no dearth of ideas! An OBD-II BT adapter + app can get the rpm on your phone! I know, I know, twisted way of doing things but hey, whatever works!
I will really try that out
johannskaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 13:39   #3212
BHPian
 
xuv2390's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 117
Thanked: 195 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Are you talking about the decelerating hum or the engine clatter? Please elaborate.
Yes! I am specifically talking about the decelerating hum. I have been closely observing that every time you release the accelerator pedal at any given speed then a humming noise from the engine is clearly audible.

I am not referring to any engine clattering noise since there is some amount of clattering in Diesel engines, instead there is a very clear audible hum coming from the engine!

Also, I have posted some questions for you on page 3 of my ownership review yesterday!

Last edited by xuv2390 : 5th August 2013 at 13:40.
xuv2390 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 14:12   #3213
BHPian
 
saisrujan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 95
Thanked: 177 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
Yes! I am specifically talking about the decelerating hum. I have been closely observing that every time you release the accelerator pedal at any given speed then a humming noise from the engine is clearly audible.
I have an ecoboost engine and so I can't relate to what you're saying, but could it just be a turbo blow-off valve?
saisrujan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 14:33   #3214
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kerala
Posts: 83
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
Yes! I..I have posted some questions for you on page 3 of my ownership review yesterday!
Is it Turbo whistle? I seriously doubt so. My car do have that sort of sound, SA and friends confirmed its turbo. Hopping, it will be same for you.

+1 for you , for just not posting your review link. There are many who keep on posting their review links. Such attempts was carried out on many sites to increase back-linking for SEO purpose, not sure why do it for some review.
limited-edition is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 14:41   #3215
BHPian
 
xuv2390's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 117
Thanked: 195 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
I have an ecoboost engine and so I can't relate to what you're saying, but could it just be a turbo blow-off valve?
The humming noise I am referring to is for Diesel engines only!


Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
Is it Turbo whistle? I seriously doubt so. My car do have that sort of sound, SA and friends confirmed its turbo. Hopping, it will be same for you.
I too think it is something to do with the Turbo! Just to clarify your friends are hearing the same humming sound? It is audible at all times and yes it indeed seems to be a whistling/humming sort of noise. Any solutions?
xuv2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 15:54   #3216
BHPian
 
johannskaria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: MH 03 / KL 08
Posts: 597
Thanked: 1,124 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Hey fellows,

I'm looking to buy these LED's for EcoSport from aliexpress.com
Really liked them !
What are your opinions?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-leds.jpg  


Last edited by johannskaria : 5th August 2013 at 16:23.
johannskaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 15:56   #3217
BHPian
 
anilkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 77
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I'm am very disappointed with Cauvery ford Bangalore by the way how they are handling the bookings i booked Ecosport Diesel titanium optional on 02/07/2013. My booking number is 85.
The SA Adarsh had told me the expected date of delivery august last week or September 1st week.
today I happened to visit the dealership SA told me that i would get my vehicle by march 2014
He also mentioned to pressurize the dealership with influence and he would be able to deliver in a month.
As per his data they receive about 150-170 vehicles every 3 months. we all know that diesel are being given to dealerships in large number. As per my calculations I have to get the vehicle by this month end but this is unfair to take advantage by these dealerships its not that i cant use influence why should I use influence to get my vehicle delivered as if we are not paying them in the money. This is betrayal of highest order can anyone believe that he is getting 3 titanium optional vehicles per month
I am highly annoyed by this response of cauvery ford magadi road Bangalore
I choose them over metro ford, Elite and latangi ford for a simple fact that they had good customer satisfaction maybe now they lost one.
anilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 16:28   #3218
BHPian
 
nitish.h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bangalore.
Posts: 30
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Hey fellows,

I'm looking to buy these LED's for ecosport from aliexpress.com
Really liked them !
What are your opinions?
Hey there. These DRL sets look way too expensive. There's nothing much other than an LED strip with a wire in the Slit Fog Lamp housing. I suggest you wait for a month or two for these things to become locally available. I'm pretty sure you should be able to get them for less than half this price. 8k for something that actually costs less than 2.5-3k is just because the Ecosport is still very new in the market.

Also, in a few months, we might be able to find the complete headlamp sets with DRLs in the local market for 8k or lesser. And also, people might find a way to add LEDs to the existing DRL area in our stock headlamp.

Just my opinion.
nitish.h is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 16:46   #3219
BHPian
 
anilkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 77
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkumar View Post
I'm am very disappointed with Cauvery ford Bangalore by the way how they are handling the bookings i booked Ecosport Diesel titanium optional on 02/07/2013. My booking number is 85.
The SA Adarsh had told me the expected date of delivery august last week or September 1st week.
today I happened to visit the dealership SA told me that i would get my vehicle by march 2014
He also mentioned to pressurize the dealership with influence and he would be able to deliver in a month.
As per his data they receive about 150-170 vehicles every 3 months. we all know that diesel are being given to dealerships in large number. As per my calculations I have to get the vehicle by this month end but this is unfair to take advantage by these dealerships its not that i cant use influence why should I use influence to get my vehicle delivered as if we are not paying them in the money. This is betrayal of highest order can anyone believe that he is getting 3 titanium optional vehicles per month
I am highly annoyed by this response of cauvery ford magadi road Bangalore
I choose them over metro ford, Elite and latangi ford for a simple fact that they had good customer satisfaction maybe now they lost one.

this is the reply what i got

Dear Sir ,

We are in receipt of your mail and noted down the contents .

We sincerely value your patronage for Ford India and appreciate the business you have given us. We wish to inform you that there has been an overwhelming response to the new variant hence causing a huge demand which has resulted in the delay in the delivery status. We are on one hand very excited and happy with the situation, this is a situation that every car manufacturer would want to be in ,however on the other hand we sincerely regret that we are not able to support you in this regard . We apologize if we have not been able to meet your expectations.

We request you to contact our dealership for the availability, since the dispatches of the vehicle would also be based on the order priority across dealerships based on the order placed with us by them.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 5th August 2013 at 19:50. Reason: removing the formatting tags. Please remove all formatting from a word editor before posting. Thanks!
anilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 18:51   #3220
BHPian
 
DeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 395
Thanked: 107 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkumar View Post
I'm am very disappointed with Cauvery ford Bangalore by the way how they are handling the bookings i booked Ecosport Diesel titanium optional on 02/07/2013. My booking number is 85.
The SA Adarsh had told me the expected date of delivery august last week or September 1st week.
today I happened to visit the dealership SA told me that i would get my vehicle by march 2014
.
Mate,
Really sorry to hear that. On top of this, Ford is bluntly exporting the Ecosport out of India without taking into consideration, the local demand.
I suggest you write to Ford India and ask them for a solution. Tell them exactly what the SA told you.

If anything else doesn't work, the Terrano is going to be unveiled on the 20th of this month, which is intriguing isn't it?
I booked my Ecosport on the 15th of July. If they take a lot of time to deliver the car to me, I will have to look elsewhere as well. (With a heavy heart though, because I love the Ecosport)
DeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 19:26   #3221
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,061
Thanked: 2,194 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitish.h View Post
Hey there. These DRL sets look way too expensive. I suggest you wait for a month or two for these things to become locally available. I'm pretty sure you should be able to get them for less than half this price. 8k for something that actually costs less than 2.5-3k is just because the Ecosport is still very new in the market.

Also, in a few months, we might be able to find the complete headlamp sets with DRLs in the local market for 8k or lesser.
1) Actually since this is a USD price it implies this is the lowered down price internationally where the EcoSport has been launched a while back.

2) With Taxes and local levies the landed price may actually be even higher.
If ordered.

3) For the right quality this can indeed be a correct price but the quality aspect is unknown here.

4) Local guys out here may or may not use a ford compatible socket system when they add stick on LED's to the Fogs.

5) Many DRL Led systems come with auto switch on and auto diming (when the other lights are switched on) electronics.

Basically there is more to this than sticking on a led strip to the base of the fog light bezel.

It is at some level also about the quality of the stuff. If one were to buy similar stuff for say a VW or a Merc or any other such brand then the pricing would be even higher, and yet the quality of what is provided also would match up else the customers would not accept the product.

This solution though will surely be cheaper than the option of LED DRL's being added to Replacement or Existing Headlamps itself in a factory fit finish.

While saying all the above. feel the pricing should have been around 4-5K landed at the optimum side.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 21:36   #3222
BHPian
 
saisrujan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 95
Thanked: 177 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
The humming noise I am referring to is for Diesel engines only!
Please watch this video - starting 2:21, he explains why you hear a hissing sound when you step off the accelerator. It's the blow-off valve and seems to be nothing you should be worried about.



Essentially, this should be the case of all turbos, petrol / diesel. On my ecoboost, I can distinctly hear the turbo whistle when it spools up, but I don't generally hear the blow-off valve when I take my foot off the accelerator. Will watch out for it.
saisrujan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 21:39   #3223
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Hey fellows,

I'm looking to buy these LED's for EcoSport from aliexpress.com
Really liked them !
What are your opinions?
They remind me ones on the mercedes, just inverted if I am not wrong.
IMO they will add lot of character but what about warranty? Ford seems to be pretty serious.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 21:51   #3224
BHPian
 
xuv2390's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 117
Thanked: 195 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
Please watch this video - starting 2:21, he explains why you hear a hissing sound when you step off the accelerator. It's the blow-off valve and seems to be nothing you should be worried about.

Essentially, this should be the case of all turbos, petrol / diesel. On my ecoboost, I can distinctly hear the turbo whistle when it spools up, but I don't generally hear the blow-off valve when I take my foot off the accelerator. Will watch out for it.
I am not really worried about it but the only thing is that the hissing/whistling noise gets a little irritating. I have driven a Dzire for 3.5 years and my XUV5OO for 1 year but never heard such a whistling sound from the Turbo before, although the XUV5OO had its own set of Turbo issues!
xuv2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 22:09   #3225
BHPian
 
johannskaria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: MH 03 / KL 08
Posts: 597
Thanked: 1,124 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitish.h View Post
8k for something that actually costs less than 2.5-3k is just because the Ecosport is still very new in the market.

And also, people might find a way to add LEDs to the existing DRL area in our stock headlamp.

Just my opinion.

At that price I would buy it happily. But the said price is highly unlikely!

And I'm worried about the finish too. I've seen some shoddily done LED's they destroy the design language and destroy the front end of the vehicle.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
1) Actually since this is a USD price it implies this is the lowered down price internationally where the EcoSport has been launched a while back.

2) With Taxes and local levies the landed price may actually be even higher.
If ordered.

3) For the right quality this can indeed be a correct price but the quality aspect is unknown here.

While saying all the above. feel the pricing should have been around 4-5K landed at the optimum side.
Those were my initial concerns too.
Well thank you for the suggestions, I'm taking them seriously and dropping my plans and will wait for them to turn up in Indian aftermarket!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
They remind me ones on the mercedes, just inverted if I am not wrong.
IMO they will add lot of character but what about warranty? Ford seems to be pretty serious.
Well it did remind me of a luxury vehicle too. Couldn;t recollect which one
Ohhh Ford is worried about warranty all times.
I've put a 205/60 16inch tyres for Ambiente, I'm pretty sure they might object this and deny me the warranty too. it is really frustrating
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car for Parents: Hyundai Verna vs Ford EcoSport vs Ford Classic vs Maruti Ertiga iTNerd What Car? 60 12th October 2014 07:53
Ford EcoSport DIESEL Review GTO The Indian Car Scene 0 31st May 2013 11:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks