Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 10th August 2013, 20:27   #3331
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
This is a nice initiative by Ford to check the proxy deliveries!
No, we didn't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZENith View Post
Yep, I did get a call from a Chennai number asking about my booking details. But before I could vent my frustration of not getting the vehicle despite pre-booking on 14th June, the call got disconnected :(
Zenith, there's no point in shouting at the people on that number. They are from the verification department of customer care and no matter what you say to them, its of no use. Trust me, they have no clue about the deliveries of these vehicles. During my conversation with him too, it sounded like he was in a hurry. The guy didn't even ask my name. As soon as I said "Hello", he started "I'm calling from Ford Chennai, Which variant of EcoSport have you booked and what color?".
So much in the name of Customer "Care" .
nitish.h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 20:45   #3332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
I have been driving my Trend Chill metallic EcoSport close to two weeks.
Thanks a lot for your inputs Rodeo. What is the current ODO reading of your car?
Any issues with the vehicle? Any rattles/squeaks?
DeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 21:01   #3333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyneld View Post
They haven't delivered a single vehicle yet though, and deliveries are scheduled to start in 10 days - Cauvery Ford, Mangalore.
I think they are bluffing. I have already seen about 3 or 4 ecosports here at Udupi and are resident here. Surely atleast one if not all of them should be from Cauvery Ford, Mangalore.
Deep Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 21:43   #3334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
- Gets auto locked after certain speed which is good but does not lock from inside which is terrible with kids. I have car seat in wife's car but i cannot have car seat in each car.
- Over all a superb car.
Did you activate the child lock ? It works and I have checked it.
niks_devil666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 21:56   #3335
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Aftermarket accessories for Ford EcoSport available in India .

The EcoSport has enough Chrome to start with (in the upper trims) some of this can be added on in the lower variant and if matte chrome in the higher variant but if someone does indeed put all the stuff on the vehicle it will really be that persons individual taste and the world in general is likely to look down on that look as something overdone and suitable for the Middle East if at all.

Have seem quite a few Fortuner going similarly overboard and getting all flashy.

Interesting Thread, let us see what all options we see coming up here. Really would like to see vehicles with the stuff applied.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 22:00   #3336
Senior - BHPian

Ostentatious Pricing! Probably the same accessories can be sourced from Local Stores at 1/3rd the price when available in good numbers. Anyhow one thing with respect to Chrome, the aftermarket Chrome Accessories can develop Rust like (not Rust always) Texture if of Inferior quality, so before blinging up your ride, check for the quality.

Anyhow, being a prospective owner of the Ecosport, I'm happy for the numerous offerings in the Aftermarket. Thanks a lot for the thread 'johannskaria'.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 22:04   #3337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post

I do agree with you when you said more chrome spoils the stock car!

But I have taken an Ambiente model in Black, without the Chrome grill upfront it doesn't look upmarket and the poor plastic quality is highlighted!
For such cases chrome is essential. Ya but too much Chrome is too bad!

Could you share the details?
Its all about personal taste and opinion i guess

I was at Sri Nagar car market (Rani Bagh, New Delhi) and there is where i saw a installer installing bull bars and and Almost all of the above chrome stuff on a Black Ecosport.

I have no idea about the prices but when i go there next, i'll surely get a price quote for this thread.
satyamkaushik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 22:53   #3338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The EcoSport has enough Chrome to start with (in the upper trims) some of this can be added on in the lower variant and if matte chrome in the higher variant but if someone does indeed put all the stuff on the vehicle it will really be that persons individual taste and the world in general is likely to look down on that look as something overdone and suitable for the Middle East if at all.

Have seem quite a few Fortuner going similarly overboard and getting all flashy.

Interesting Thread, let us see what all options we see coming up here. Really would like to see vehicles with the stuff applied.

I really do agree with you.
I personally am not going for more than the Chrome grill for the Ambiente.
but I've seen people adding chrome everything, It is a personal preference indeed!
But it does show the taste of some customers, and explains that there is a market for such products!

Me too.
And also waiting for some cool day time running lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Ostentatious Pricing! Probably the same accessories can be sourced from Local Stores at 1/3rd the price when available in good numbers. Anyhow one thing with respect to Chrome, the aftermarket Chrome Accessories can develop Rust like (not Rust always) Texture if of Inferior quality, so before blinging up your ride, check for the quality.

Anyhow, being a prospective owner of the Ecosport, I'm happy for the numerous offerings in the Aftermarket. Thanks a lot for the thread 'johannskaria'.
I can't imagine price being one-third, it would be dirt cheap then!
This pricing does sound reasonable when compared to the Ford pricing.
Will be cautious about the quality!

You are welcome!
Do post if you install anything in your sweet new ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
Its all about personal taste and opinion i guess

I have no idea about the prices but when i go there next, i'll surely get a price quote for this thread.
It boils down to the personal preference indeed.
I wouldnt opt for more than chrome grill myself!
Please do get the price as well as a pic (if possible).
johannskaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 00:34   #3339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I think they are bluffing. I have already seen about 3 or 4 ecosports here at Udupi and are resident here. Surely atleast one if not all of them should be from Cauvery Ford, Mangalore.
Well, what I was told is that they haven't made any deliveries directly yet. But they did deliver via their other branches - Shimoga, Mysore. Not sure what the logic is here, but that is what I was told.
lyneld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 00:34   #3340

EcoSport Headlamps originally were supposed to house a DRL (Daytime Running Light) and same was taken off to make it cheaper for Indian market. However the headlamps still hv groves fro same with holes on either side (not accessible) wonder if same wud b made available in the Indian market soon.....

Name:  image367924430.jpg
Views: 7064
Size:  624.4 KB
harshBLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 00:40   #3341
BHPian

Default The Albatrosss- Ford Ecosport Ambiente Diesel

so guys, finally the D-day came and after sincere follow up with sales manager for one month I finally got hold of my ford Ecosport aka 'The Albatross'.
I booked base ambiente variant with Bhagat Ford, Bathinda on 26 th July( on the launch day). IMHO one should Either go for Titanium or stick with the base variant, just my way of thinking, no offence to anybody.
The whole delivery procedure was smooth and the sales manager at Bhagat Ford, Bathinda is really a nice guy.
On road price break up as follow-
6.8 ex showroom
37k road tax
27k nil dip insurance
5k logistic
10k 3rd year warranty+ 3 year rsa
20k accessories
which came to approximately 7.8 lac
the car is just 2 days and 300 km old which are very less to pass any judgement, but still, a small prons cons list,
Prons-
- looker, even without no roof rails, no chrome grill, no body coloured mirrors and door handles, it looks sexy. People come and ask its price, its performance, keep ogling in the parking lot, sufficient to sum up
-solid build quality, the doors close with solid thunk and everything feels well screwed on inside.
-infotainment system- sound quality is super awesome, i mainly use bluetooth streaming from nokia 808 with car mode. You can make and pick calls from the car system as well.
-ride and handling- ultimate ride and handling. The car glides over poor road patches with a authority making no fuss or noise. Mind you the car is still in run- in period and i have never crossed 80 kmph. Handling is also very competent and this i am saying after driving Ford Fusion for 5.5 years. Steering is very light in city and weighs up briliantly with speed. At speeds 80-90 kmph i feel no difference in steering feedback between ford fusion and ecosport.
NVH levels no road noise, no pothole thud, no engine roar.
-Chilling A/C.
Cons-
-Ambiente bumps no tachometer, no rear seat headrest apart from other known ommissions.
-poor all round visibility with set long dashboard, and thick A pillar hide a lot of things. One has to train himself before driving in congested city lanes.
All in all a very sensible buy for indian conditions at reasonable price, I must say.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-201308100830_q1.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-201308100832_q1.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-201308080815_q1.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Abhi : 11th August 2013 at 00:55.
Dr.Abhi is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 10:34   #3342
BHPian

Default Re: The Albatrosss- Ford Ecosport Ambiente Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
I booked base ambiente variant with Bhagat Ford, Bathinda on 26 th July( on the launch day). IMHO one should Either go for Titanium or stick with the base variant, just my way of thinking, no offence to anybody.
Congratulations Dr. Abhi!
About the booking date, you mean the 26th of June right?

And could you please elaborate on your statement, "IMHO one should Either go for Titanium or stick with the base variant."
DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 10:35   #3343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
My daily commute is between from behind the HAL old Airport to Old Madras Road, through half of Jeevan BhimaNagar and then the BEML road.
Only seen 1 so far and that was in Mars Red color (couldn't note the engine variant).
That would be mine . It is a Trend diesel.
sup? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 11:19   #3344
BHPian

Ok guys. Another instance of Ecosport tyre trouble. I was on a weekend trip to Coorg with a couple of friends. As a lot of people would know, the roads to Coorg and even the Ghat roads are pretty good. We roamed around Coorg and parked in our Estate stay for the night. Morning, we come out of the room and what do we have? A flat front left tyre. Ok, so need to change it. While I was adjusting the position of the car to bring it on to a completely flat surface, my friend starts waving at me, saying no air in the back tyre too. I get down and check that rear left tyre has also lost 3/4th of the pressure. Considering we were a little out of Madikere, we had no choice but to change the completely flat left tyre and drive with the low pressure in the rear tyre for about 3 kms to the nearest tyre shop. The tyre guy there showed us that there was one big hole and 2 other small ones. He said the tyre is not of good quality and should get it exchanged. He filled air in the rear tyre with low pressure and said we should be good to go. This is part one of the story.

From the tyre shop, we headed towards a place called Malahalli falls and the last 2-3 kms of the road is not great, but we saw plenty of SUVs, and a couple of Omnis make it easily. The problem area was a slushy part which sloped downhill where you also needed ground clearance. Since we had enough ground clearance, we went ahead through the slushy part. On the way back up through the slushy part I was revving in 1st gear at over 1500 RPM and the tyres gave up and would not grip at all. I totally got stuck there. I went back down and tried to rev up the engine again to no avail. This went on for 10 mins before some locals came, helped by putting stones for grip and pushed the car up the slope after which I had to rev like mad to get it up the slope and over to safety. It was a horrifying experience.

I have so far kept the RPMs to 2k only and have driven sedately for the 1st 1000kms before this happened. In the tension of the situation, I don't know how much I revved up to get out of there. Would this cause any damage to the engine?

Now, for the final straw. After coming back to Bangalore last night, today morning I check the rear tyre which was filled with air and find it has gone almost flat again. I have to replace it with the tyre that I got patched in Coorg. I called the CRM of Elite Ford and he has asked me to come in tomorrow at 10 AM. I will be there first thing in the morning, but I don't know what to do if he does not give me a new set of tyres. I have lost all confidence in these tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
My daily commute is between from behind the HAL old Airport to Old Madras Road, through half of Jeevan BhimaNagar and then the BEML road.
Only seen 1 so far and that was in Mars Red color (couldn't note the engine variant).
That would be mine. It is a Trend diesel.
sup? is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 11:35   #3345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post

Thanks a lot for your inputs Rodeo. What is the current ODO reading of your car?
Any issues with the vehicle? Any rattles/squeaks?
Done 900 Kms. No issues yet. It's rock solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
Did you activate the child lock ? It works and I have checked it.
I have not activated child lock as my kid is not ready to sit behind when there is no child seat.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 11th August 2013 at 15:21. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts. Plz use the Multi-Quote button to reply to more than one post at a time. Thanks.
Rodeo is offline   Reply With Quote