Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 12th September 2013, 13:23   #3961
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by avm View Post
Well, with me, I had to give my dealer 4 colour options!!!
But my top 2 preferences are:
1. Kinetic Blue
2. Mars Red.

I hav'nt seen any Kinetic blue Ecosport on road yet! It looks great in the showroom lights, but I wonder how it'll look on road.

Any one of you has any idea / has seen it on road? Whats your take ?
It looks good on road but I would have liked vento blue
since color is individual opinion cant comment much about it
anilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 13:46   #3962
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Anil.
Initially I had booked the 1.5P Manual Titanium, at that time he told me 3-5 months. But i converted my booking to AT sighting the tiptronic transmission in the S mode and the convenience of hassle free driving.
No timeline was given to me for the AT delivery. The SA told me that they've got about 80 bookings for AT and only 2 had been delivered. so well, the wait gets longer i guess.
You should brace yourself for a long wait. Ford is not allocating more than 1 or at max 2 AT vehicles per dealer per month. Also, there are no plans to increase this allocation in the near term due to low production of petrol engines, import issues with DCT transmission from Germany and thin margins on petrol variants (due to higher excise duty as compared to diesel variants). If you are in immediate need of car, start considering other options like Polo TSI, DZire AT etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridsahmed View Post
My brother in Mumbai has booked Ecosport Diesel Titanium. After a lot of persuasion the dealer has given a number : WF/CH/374

Can anybody throw some light on this as to what this means ?

Delaer is not giving any dates and just shifting dates from Mid Sept to End Oct
Decoded, it means Wasan Ford/Chembur outlet/Booking No. 374. Note that Wasan has two outlets in Mumbai (one in Chembur where your brother has made the booking and one in Marine Lines). Since Ford treats both outlets as one dealer for allocation of vehicles and assuming similar number of bookings at Wasan's Marine Lines outlet, your priority number in delivery will be approx. 750. Ofcourse, the delivery time is dependent on other variables like variant and color combination.
When did your brother made the booking?
TSIched'Out is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 13:48   #3963
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well, with me, I had to give my dealer 4 colour options!!!
But my top 2 preferences are:
1. Kinetic Blue
2. Mars Red.

I hav'nt seen any Kinetic blue Ecosport on road yet! It looks great in the showroom lights, but I wonder how it'll look on road.

Any one of you has any idea / has seen it on road? Whats your take ?
There are atleast two kinetic blue on team bhp including mine. Have seen two more on the roads close to my home. Overall it is a rare colour compared to white, mars red, black and grey.
Obviously those who bought it did so since they like the Colour. I previously owned a Blue Safari and a Blue Laura, have always had a blue car since the last 13 years. The kintetic blue is a younger shade compared to the one on the Safari and the Laura. My kid chose it this time.

The Mars Red though initially my first choise is likely to fade faster if kept in the sun for longer periods. Ford initially had some issues in getting the colour to match their international reference for the colour - as per the dealer.

Let the family decide.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 14:14   #3964
Senior - BHPian

Looks like keyless entry has been removed from the Titanium variant, the push button start is retained however.
Attached Images

Last edited by shashank.nk : 12th September 2013 at 14:16.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 14:42   #3965
BHPian

No, it has not been removed. Key less entry is still there.
Just checked from Ford website.
Attached Images

techfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 14:42   #3966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Looks like keyless entry has been removed from the Titanium variant, the push button start is retained however.
It really doesnt make sense to offer a push button start without keyless entry, if i have to take keys out of my pocket every time, i might as well use them to crank the engine.

I hope its just a error and not true. Also i will cancel my booking straightaway if push button start is removed from titanium variants, first i wait 3 months, pay 50k extra and now Ford starts removing features.
Really cant stand this attitude.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 12th September 2013 at 14:52.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 15:02   #3967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Then wouldn't those who booked after june 1st feel cheated? There will be no end.

Whatever Ford claims, I think the hike has little to do with rupee depreciation. They would have anyway increased the prices once the VFM tag has come to stick. Now, with rupee depreciation, and prices of commodities increasing, Ford would have thought it is the right time to push the hike through.
Thats exactly what it is. There was always a hush-hush talk of prices being hiked after the launch, once Ford could a sense the demand. The depreciating rupee was just convinient timing to make the announcement.
siddarthbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 15:53   #3968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
No, it has not been removed. Key less entry is still there.
Just checked from Ford website.

I posted from the new brochure. From the snapshot you can see its missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
It really doesnt make sense to offer a push button start without keyless entry, if i have to take keys out of my pocket every time, i might as well use them to crank the engine.

I hope its just a error and not true. Also i will cancel my booking straightaway if push button start is removed from titanium variants, first i wait 3 months, pay 50k extra and now Ford starts removing features.
Really cant stand this attitude.
I hope it is an error too. However, there was news of this on another forum before i checked the brochure so i'm afraid its true. I don't think any other company could have done more of a mess with a launch than Ford. My car is also indefinitely delayed, latest is October end delivery! Will cancel if they don't deliver in a month.
shashank.nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 16:39   #3969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

I hope it is an error too.
It is not an error. I confirmed with Ford Customer care. Keyless entry and push button start are gone from Titanium.
ecosport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 17:05   #3970
BHPian

Now this is going a bit too far, just heard from the sales executive that the Titanium Version is loosing Push Button Start Stop. This after making us wait for 3 months, even though I booked pre-launch on June 24th and after increasing prices by about 50,000 OTR without offering price protection to anyone.

Just about had it with ford and contemplating picking up a Vento Highline instead. Specially with the zero percent loan for 3 years scheme going on.

What is your take on this ?

Last edited by ask4gautam : 12th September 2013 at 17:29.
ask4gautam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 17:06   #3971
BHPian

Owners : Have you faced problem while giving the car for valet parking. Do these guys know how to open the door and start/stop the car.
Hypothetical question: You stop the car, keep engine running, door open, take a token from valet and walk off. He gets into the car, drives it and parks it. When he goes back to collect it, he does not have the keys. What does he do?

Edited: Oh! Just found something on the net. Guess it answers my question.

" But there is a learning curve. For example, this writer found herself exiting the RL and Infiniti's M cars after shifting into Park, only to discover the engine was still running. With no key to turn and remove from the ignition and put in my hand, I had to retrain myself to stop stepping out of the car until I pressed the engine button on the dashboard.

Valet parking is another situation that can require retraining, since a valet driver will have no way to start the vehicle once it's parked unless he or she has a fob, too. Yet many car owners are likely to exit their cars and leave with their fobs in their pocket or purse. The engines remain on and the valets can drive the cars away for parking. But once the vehicles are turned off, the valets will have no way of restarting them without the fobs."

Last edited by Srinivas C : 12th September 2013 at 17:22. Reason: Extra info
Srinivas C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 17:07   #3972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
It is not an error. I confirmed with Ford Customer care. Keyless entry and push button start are gone from Titanium.
The "new" brochure still shows keyless entry though. If they've both been removed, Renault India is the happiest auto company right now

Ford's case can be made into a book on how to screw up a product launch.
shashank.nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 17:20   #3973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Decoded, it means Wasan Ford/Chembur outlet/Booking No. 374. Ofcourse, the delivery time is dependent on other variables like variant and color combination.
When did your brother made the booking?
The booking details are :
Booking date : 06 july 2013
Titanium (O) Diesel 1.5 Mars Red.
faridsahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 17:33   #3974
Senior - BHPian

Ecosport was right, its now confirmed that "keyless entry" and "push button start" have been removed from the Titanium variant. Attaching a snapshot of my chat with Ford executive

I've booked the option variant so makes no difference to me, but I feel bad for those who booked the Titanium variant and haven't got their cars yet.
Attached Images

Last edited by shashank.nk : 12th September 2013 at 17:35.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 17:40   #3975
BHPian

I ve been struggling to keep my nerves under control for the past few days on seeing what Ford is doing with the Ecosport. Dont really know what they are thinking about the Indian customers. If the Push button start is gone in the Titanium variant, there should be more cancellations. May be thats what they want. Since the price difference between the Ecosport and its near rival Duster is huge, Ford is least bothered about customer satisfaction now as they know many will still stick to the booking. Its just another East India Company Story; we are still under the control of these foriegn companies who dictate the terms. Our weak customer protection laws and deaf government are to be blamed. I doubt if this kind of behaviour will be accepted by customers / governments of a developed world.

Last edited by Jude300 : 12th September 2013 at 17:41.
Jude300 is offline   Reply With Quote