Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2013, 14:49   #4276
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,546
Thanked: 2,538 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Auto-down and auto-up are features I would really like to have on [at least] driver's side window. How does the Ecosport score there?
Ecosport scores bad IMO. I compared it with Vento's anti pinch and Ecosport's feature is a bit painful.
naveen.raju is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 14:52   #4277
Senior - BHPian
 
arunphilip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,567
Thanked: 3,818 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mariner View Post
Even the fuel economy figures of 1.5 L Petrol listed is better than 1.0 L ecoboost. Arent ARAI figures the other way round??
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
That one is very surprising. And, since it is a DSG, there shouldn't be a difference between MT and AT.
Name:  Ford SA  EcoSport.gif
Views: 2549
Size:  41.6 KB
1st column is 1.5P MT, 2nd is TDCi, 3rd is 1.5P AT, 4th is 1.0P EcoBoost MT.

Note that the unit is L/100 km (i.e. how many liters needed to run 100 kms). On this scale, lower values are better, and it shows that:
  • TDCi needs just 4.x liters of diesel (most frugal)
  • EcoBoost needs 5.1 & 6.7 liters of petrol (best among petrols)
  • 1.5P MT needs 5.2 and 8.6 liters of petrol
  • 1.5P AT needs 5.4 and 8.4 liters of petrol
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 14:54   #4278
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 164
Thanked: 406 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
The tweeters are not present there because they could be coaxial speakers.

SA told me that tweeters are there .
The brochures say they are there. See the attachments.
In titanium only AT titanium has them.

New brochure says even titanium option doesn't have them.
Tweeters are only available in 1.5 AT version of Ecosport

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-tweeters.jpg
bageherath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 14:57   #4279
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 64
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Thanks arun for pointing it out. BTW, howz the FE of your ecoboost fairing up? I guess u must've clocked 1K now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Attachment 1142332
1st column is 1.5P MT, 2nd is TDCi, 3rd is 1.5P AT, 4th is 1.0P EcoBoost MT.

Note that the unit is L/100 km (i.e. how many liters needed to run 100 kms). On this scale, lower values are better, and it shows that:
  • TDCi needs just 4.x liters of diesel (most frugal)
  • EcoBoost needs 5.1 & 6.7 liters of petrol (best among petrols)
  • 1.5P MT needs 5.2 and 8.6 liters of petrol
  • 1.5P AT needs 5.4 and 8.4 liters of petrol
Moto-Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 14:58   #4280
BHPian
 
techfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Leh
Posts: 273
Thanked: 136 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post

Tweeters are only available in 1.5 AT version of Ecosport
No, I think Tweeters are there in option pack as well apart from being there in AT variant.
techfreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 14:59   #4281
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 164
Thanked: 406 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
1st column is 1.5P MT, 2nd is TDCi, 3rd is 1.5P AT, 4th is 1.0P EcoBoost MT.

Note that the unit is L/100 km (i.e. how many liters needed to run 100 kms). On this scale, lower values are better, and it shows that:
  • TDCi needs just 4.x liters of diesel (most frugal)
  • EcoBoost needs 5.1 & 6.7 liters of petrol (best among petrols)
  • 1.5P MT needs 5.2 and 8.6 liters of petrol
  • 1.5P AT needs 5.4 and 8.4 liters of petrol
Interesting! CO2 emission between petrol and diesel; diesel has better figures than petrol ones; even better than Ecoboost engine.
bageherath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:01   #4282
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 164
Thanked: 406 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
No, I think Tweeters are there in option pack as well apart from being there in AT variant.

I have personally checked the test drive vehicle and friends vehicle , which are Titanium(O). None of them are having tweeters.

Last edited by bageherath : 23rd September 2013 at 15:17.
bageherath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:01   #4283
BHPian
 
ecosport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 206
Thanked: 155 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Attachment 1142332
1st column is 1.5P MT, 2nd is TDCi, 3rd is 1.5P AT, 4th is 1.0P EcoBoost MT.

Note that the unit is L/100 km (i.e. how many liters needed to run 100 kms). On this scale, lower values are better, and it shows that:
  • TDCi needs just 4.x liters of diesel (most frugal)
  • EcoBoost needs 5.1 & 6.7 liters of petrol (best among petrols)
  • 1.5P MT needs 5.2 and 8.6 liters of petrol
  • 1.5P AT needs 5.4 and 8.4 liters of petrol
I should have been comparing the 0-100 figures than the FE. Considering the FEs which are almost equal, the 0-100kmph timings of the MT and AT versions should have been similar. here the 1.5MT seems to have beaten the ecoboost too. But, can't discount the possibility that it is a typo.
ecosport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:17   #4284
BHPian
 
ranjithrnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TRIVANDRUM/BANGALORE
Posts: 155
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
1. Anti pinch feature is available for the driver side window.
2. Park light is not on when the headlights are on.
Well both are missing in mine , need to get this checked
ranjithrnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:29   #4285
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 28
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

People who are still waiting for their deliveries, may I suggest you write an email to customer care copying write2md. Also please ensure that you put up your case clearly.

I did the same following two emails to customer care (which were acknowledged for but nothing came out of it). I also asked them specifically to commit a delivery timeframe. In my case they gave me a call back and committed September 20th as the date.

They delivered on their last promise made. I hope that few more of us get their deliveries sooner.
himanshuchadha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 16:56   #4286
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 64
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Ford what are you upto?
- you are not able to get your numbers right
- you are not able to take charge of your dealers
- you are not able to take charge of your suppliers
- you are not able to even hear customer's grievances
Now this..
Is this an indication of Ford messing up with Quality Control (QC) / PDI procedures? Looks like top management of Ford is still in the hangover of ecosport's success that they are unable to recognize the disasters happening around.
I see a dangerous trend here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
Well both are missing in mine , need to get this checked
Moto-Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 16:58   #4287
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 64
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Dude congrats..you can happily change your signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshuchadha View Post
People who are still waiting for their deliveries, may I suggest you write an email to customer care copying write2md. Also please ensure that you put up your case clearly.

I did the same following two emails to customer care (which were acknowledged for but nothing came out of it). I also asked them specifically to commit a delivery timeframe. In my case they gave me a call back and committed September 20th as the date.

They delivered on their last promise made. I hope that few more of us get their deliveries sooner.
Moto-Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 17:04   #4288
VBR
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 24
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshuchadha View Post
People who are still waiting for their deliveries, may I suggest you write an email to customer care copying write2md. Also please ensure that you put up your case clearly.
=========
They delivered on their last promise made. I hope that few more of us get their deliveries sooner.
Can you please tell me the email address? I've been waiting for my car since the beginning of July!
VBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 19:33   #4289
Senior - BHPian
 
arunphilip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,567
Thanked: 3,818 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBR View Post
Can you please tell me the email address? I've been waiting for my car since the beginning of July!
It is write2md@ford.com. Also copy in custmail@ford.com.
arunphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 20:31   #4290
Senior - BHPian
 
arunphilip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,567
Thanked: 3,818 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mariner View Post
Thanks arun for pointing it out. BTW, howz the FE of your ecoboost fairing up? I guess u must've clocked 1K now..
Hello Moto-Mariner. I've done a little over 700 km till date, fully in the city. I did my first tankful to tankful check, and it gave me 10.5 km/L. MID was showing 10.4 km/L, so I think that's a reasonable indicator.

I expect this to improve going forwards, as the rains have stopped here, and Bangalore traffic is back to 'normal' (or as normal as can be). I must point out that I idle at signals, since I don't want to go through the hassle of shutting down the turbo correctly, and losing AC & music. People who switch off at signals should get better mileage.

The instantaneous mileage indicator (bar chart on the top of the MID) is immensely useful, as it clearly shows you how different driving styles affect mileage (e.g. lugging, coasting, hard acceleration) - by being conscious of this our driving style will improve

I've just realized I've not checked the oil level since taking delivery, and given its a new car its something I should do sooner than later
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car for Parents: Hyundai Verna vs Ford EcoSport vs Ford Classic vs Maruti Ertiga iTNerd What Car? 60 12th October 2014 07:53
Ford EcoSport DIESEL Review GTO The Indian Car Scene 0 31st May 2013 11:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks