Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 1st November 2013, 10:26   #5266
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
Have anyone upgraded the horn from the stock ones?
Does Ecosport have single horn or dual. I am able to locate one which is easily accessible but not the other.
I have upgraded to roots vibrosonic (skoda and vw type) as I did not like the original horn.
Ecosport has dual horn, one on each side of the car.
But be cautious donot tamper with wires as it will hamper your electrical warranty.
Mine was done at the Ford service using tapping clips.the pictures of tapping clips are in my previous posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Just wondering if these can be used for ambient lighting as well? Stick them under the dash and wire it up with the interior dome light with a switch in between (to switch color maybe!).

How is the intensity btw? Will it be overtly bright for interiors?
The ambient light accessory supplied by Ford perfectly matches the backlit colour of dash.
It is very reasonably priced too.(around 2000inr)

Why would one want to mismatch colours by using white and orange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Hi all who have done projector upgrade of their head lights. Can you throw some light on what happens to the headlight leveling system after the upgrade? Does it remain functional or not?
As I have previously mentioned there is no tampering whatsoever, hence the leveller works perfectly, I keep it on 2 in city so that it is easy on the oncoming traffic and cars travelling ahead of me on my side of the road. (4 is all the way down, 0 is all the way up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnair View Post
Can you attach some more pictures of the bug guard. It is not available with dealers here and I am not able to make my mind. Do they have to drill or alter the bonnet in anyway?
They don't have to drill a hole, I have seen the installation process.
It is fixed using clips only towards the outer edge of the bonnet, the other edge(inner side) is angulated upwards and does not touch the bonnet

I am attaching a picture posted in the forum it self.
Attached Images

Last edited by ecosport rules : 1st November 2013 at 10:28.
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 11:48   #5267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco-doc View Post
Yeah I think a tad too bright may be. And why do you want to go for such expensive light for the ambient light when options are available for as low as 500 bucks.
And moreover these lights are too fragile to be left exposed.
Thanks for the update. Somehow, I didn't like the so-called ambient lights that are available at the local accessory shops in that range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
The ambient light accessory supplied by Ford perfectly matches the backlit colour of dash. It is very reasonably priced too.(around 2000inr).

Why would one want to mismatch colours by using white and orange
That was not specific to Ecosport, just a general thought. Combinations mentioned on Aliexpress were white and yellow. Don't want orange for sure!
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 11:51   #5268
BHPian

Dear fellow bhpians,

This mxsmotosports guy from where eco-doc has got the work done seems to be a fake, he has again used my friend car picture clicked by me

First it was autogully and now mxsmotosports

This time he has edited the background and removed my silver ecosport from background , you can see that at the right rear view mirror.
He has touched up the number plate area, removed the antenna and roof bars.
He thought no one will notice

There seems to be no end to copymasters
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20131101_110558.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by ecosport rules : 1st November 2013 at 11:53.
Old 1st November 2013, 11:56   #5269
BHPian

Quote:
Too lazy to click their own pictures??

On a brighter side, people are loving the mods you got (& so copying it)
anks_at is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 14:16   #5270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LOL, and he could have just clicked eco-doc's ride once it was done! Why go to such lengths as locating a pic and then editing it when the final product is right there in your shop! Crazy!

Did you point it out to them?

PS: This thread is now 2nd most viewed thread in the official test drives section. Any guesses which is number 1?

Ford Figo.
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 14:20   #5271
BHPian

Quote:
LOL, and he could have just clicked eco-doc's ride once it was done! Why go to such lengths as locating a pic and then editing it when the final product is right there in your shop! Crazy!
They probably put it up before they had customers...
anks_at is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 14:32   #5272
BHPian

Quote:

PS: This thread is now 2nd most viewed thread in the official test drives section. Any guesses which is number 1?

Ford Figo.
You are right it has been like that since 2 months, I am waiting for ecosport thread to be number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
Too lazy to click their own pictures?? :
But they have all the time to photoshop somebody elses pictures

May be cant do the right finish so they are apprehensive to post their own picture.

I Have requested Eco doc to post some clear pictures in daylight for the benefit of fellow bhpians
Old 1st November 2013, 14:45   #5273
BHPian

To the new owners of the Ford EcoSport: may you always ride easy in good health.

I recently sat on the front passenger seat of the Duster for a 500 km journey and was mightily impressed by how it ate the potholes and bumps on the highway.

Now every comparison of the Duster rates it higher that the Ecosport in this regard. The first page of this thread states that the "Ride quality isn't as plush as that of the Renault Duster. Underlying stiffness obvious"

But my question to people who have experience on both vehicles is: how much better is the Duster in this regard? The fact that it's ride quality is better does not imply that that of the Ecosport is far inferior. Or is it? How would Ecosport owners rank their new vehicles in this regard versus the Duster and/ or other vehicles?

Thanks.
C'estlavie is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 15:27   #5274

Quote:
He did click quite a few pictures actually.

Quote:
Dear fellow bhpians,

This mxsmotosports guy from where eco-doc has got the work done seems to be a fake, he has again used my friend car picture clicked by me

Actually I came to know of the shop from team-bhp itself. It seems there is a thread here and it showed on google search. I called him up and went straight to get it done. No other shops in Gurgaon were willing to touch the lights so I went there reading decent reviews on the thread. They are pretty confident about their work and there was another customer who had come to get the lights done on ecosport so I was assured.Overall, I am happy about the work done, though felt he charged me a little too much.
The guy even had new headlights ready for installation.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...new-delhi.html (Retrofitted Projector Headlights - MXS Motosport (Karol Bagh, New Delhi))

Quote:
I Have requested Eco doc to post some clear pictures in daylight for the benefit of fellow bhpians
Here you go. Sorry for the quality. Clicked with my phone cam.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-tbhp3.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-tbhp4.jpg
eco-doc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 16:01   #5275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco-doc View Post
He did click quite a few pictures actually.

Attachment 1160810
Attachment 1160811
Thank you ecodoc

Can you please post some pictures of the drl where it exits from both ends of lights, was curious to see the finish at ends of drl.That is where the work man ship will show.

The pictures you have clicked are at the centre portion of drl.

Thank you once again.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 1st November 2013 at 16:03.
Old 1st November 2013, 16:09   #5276
BHPian

[quote=ecosport rules;3281902]Dear fellow bhpians,
First it was autogully and now mxsmotosports ]

I have contacted both of them requesting another set of high resolution close up images , however both of them sent the same image uploaded on their website , when i requested more daylight images , they mentioned they dont have it ready and can be shared once i place the order

Last edited by ranjithrnair : 1st November 2013 at 16:13.
ranjithrnair is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 16:10   #5277
BHPian

Quote:
Dear fellow bhpians,

First it was autogully and now mxsmotosports

This time he has edited the background and removed my silver ecosport from background , you can see that at the right rear view mirror.
He has touched up the number plate area, removed the antenna and roof bars.
He thought no one will notice

No wonder I had a feeling of seeing the vehicle somewhere...
Why don't these people respect other people's work!
why not atleast show a little bit of professionalism!
Some how I'm little skeptical about their work considering the price being almost same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post

I have contacted both of them requesting another set of high resolution close up images , however both of them sent the same image uploaded on their website , when i requested more daylight images , they mentioned they dont have it ready and can be shared once i place the order
So you going for it?

Last edited by johannskaria : 1st November 2013 at 16:14.
johannskaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 16:12   #5278

Quote:
Thank you ecodoc

Can you please post some pictures of the drl where it exits from both ends of lights, was curious to see the finish at ends of drl.That is where the work man ship will show.
I guess it exits only from behind the groove. The other end is closed. And the strip fits into the groove well. There's no where else to go.

But you're the expert man. I have another pic. I hope it shows what you want to see.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-tbhp5.jpg
eco-doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 16:29   #5279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
To the new owners of the Ford EcoSport: may you always ride easy in good health.

I recently sat on the front passenger seat of the Duster for a 500 km journey and was mightily impressed by how it ate the potholes and bumps on the highway.

Now every comparison of the Duster rates it higher that the Ecosport in this regard. The first page of this thread states that the "Ride quality isn't as plush as that of the Renault Duster. Underlying stiffness obvious"

But my question to people who have experience on both vehicles is: how much better is the Duster in this regard? The fact that it's ride quality is better does not imply that that of the Ecosport is far inferior. Or is it? How would Ecosport owners rank their new vehicles in this regard versus the Duster and/ or other vehicles?

Thanks.
Actually speaking the ride is pretty harsh. Especially when u are approaching a sudden undulation(such as a sharp bump) or a wedge on the road, it hits you hard and makes you really feel guilty. that said, if taken at low speeds the suspension takes it just fine. It does not bounce or pitch around much and is lovely on good roads(even if uneven). Just that the ride is a bit harsh at higher speeds
rnair is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 16:34   #5280
BHPian

[quote=ranjithrnair;3282131]
Quote:
Dear fellow bhpians,
First it was autogully and now mxsmotosports ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
No wonder I had a feeling of seeing the vehicle somewhere...
Why don't these people respect other people's work!
why not atleast show a little bit of professionalism!
Some how I'm little skeptical about their work considering the price being almost same!

So you going for it?
Thank you ranjitnair and johannskaria,
Ranjitnair we have been missing you

I just spoke to manjit suri of mxs motosports and asked for high resolution pictures.
When I questioned him about posting low resolution pictures on website, guess what his answer was, will quote is his words

"Hamare photoo log coopy kar rahe hai isliye high rejolusan nahi batarehe hai, aap order kijiye phir hum apke mall id per high rejolusion bhejdenge."

Chor ke ghar me chori ho raha hai

Now only Ecodoc has to post high resolution pictures to show this guys workmanship

Last edited by ecosport rules : 1st November 2013 at 16:39.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote