Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2013, 16:40   #5281
BHPian
 
royfernandez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 63
Thanked: 86 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
Sorry if i missed something, isnt the first service free? Why labour charges?
Yes I just finished the 1st service for the Ecosport 1.5P AT & it was a Zero Bill from Chennai Ford. They did not change the Oil only topped it up. No parts were replaced but the filters were cleaned and the brakes checked. I also managed to fit the Engine Protector for the AT after a long wait costing Rs. 8,851/- and also finished the 3M Under body coating for Rs. 3,584 with 5 year warranty. I also fitted the LED Scuff plates and also cabin lights (greenish tinge) under the dash board which lights up when the doors are open. All in all a good day for my Ecosport. Only remaining thing is the Bumper appliques which the guys are MPL Ford are still testing how to fix.
Attached Images
   
royfernandez is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 17:09   #5282
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post
Yes I just finished the 1st service for the Ecosport 1.5P AT & it was a Zero Bill from Chennai Ford. They did not change the Oil only topped it up. No parts were replaced but the filters were cleaned and the brakes checked. I also managed to fit the Engine Protector for the AT after a long wait costing Rs. 8,851/- and also finished the 3M Under body coating for Rs. 3,584 with 5 year warranty. I also fitted the LED Scuff plates and also cabin lights (greenish tinge) under the dash board which lights up when the doors are open. All in all a good day for my Ecosport. Only remaining thing is the Bumper appliques which the guys are MPL Ford are still testing how to fix.

Engine guard costs around 6300 inr at mody Ford hyderabad, why such a huge difference in price?

Talk to your dealer and get a refund
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20130704051752.png  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20130704051746.png  

ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 17:13   #5283
BHPian
 
royfernandez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 63
Thanked: 86 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
Sorry if i missed something, isnt the first service free? Why labour charges?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Engine guard costs around 6300 inr at mody Ford hyderabad, why such a huge difference in price?

Talk to your dealer and get a refund
Yes I know the Plastic Engine Protector costs Rs. 6,250/- I went for the Metal Engine Protector which is more sturdy @ Rs. 8,851/-
royfernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 17:28   #5284
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post
Yes I know the Plastic Engine Protector costs Rs. 6,250/- I went for the Metal Engine Protector which is more sturdy @ Rs. 8,851/-
But the pictures you have posted are of the ABS plastic guard for sure as I have the same one.I did not know that metal guard was available from the company .

Can you please post some pictures of the metal engine guard, I am really interested

Last edited by ecosport rules : 1st November 2013 at 17:30.
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 18:05   #5285
BHPian
 
anilkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 77
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Hello fellow Bhpians,
Finally the D day has arrived I got a call from Gm Cauvery Ford Bangalore telling that my car had arrived after continuous follow-up it took four months for the Beauty to arrive. I was delighted to see Goodyear tires on the vehicle it was such a relaxed feeling. She had done 37 kms on the ODO. I had initially booked Mars red and had given the option of white due to unavailability of mars red i decided to settle for White.
I must thank Vid, Gto for the Fantastic review and all the Ecosport owners for their valuable advice and suggestions
now its time decide what to do next
I am interested in taking Insurance from outside
I have shortlisted following accessories along with Essential Pack
1). Cross Bars
2). Door Scuff Plate (non-illuminated)
3). Sporty Pedals
4). Cavity protection

Planning to get Under Chassis coating from 3M car care
Please share your views and do suggest if something better is available in the market.

Last edited by anilkumar : 1st November 2013 at 18:12. Reason: extra info
anilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 18:06   #5286
BHPian
 
ranjithrnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TRIVANDRUM/BANGALORE
Posts: 155
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

@Johannskaria - So you going for it?[/quote]

No way ! until i see daylight images with details especially when the installer is not on your same town ,
i believe eco-doc ordered the correct parts and gave them the idea on what needs to be done based on the modification done by ecosport rules and they just did based on that .

Last edited by ranjithrnair : 1st November 2013 at 18:09.
ranjithrnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 18:58   #5287
BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 642
Thanked: 848 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Not sure if this is already shared, but thought is good to share video.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-vid...eo-362767.aspx

Couple of points to be noted:
1.The Ecosport is 3 Seconds slower than Polo GT TSI. Given that Polo is supposedly hot hatch, got DSG, slightly more powerful engine I expected it to be lot faster. Kudos to Ford!!
2. Narain just loved the suspension setup. No complains(Does not even mention) about the so complained Light steering. I guess the right way to conlude on Ecosport's handling characteristics is-"TRACK SUV".

Video apart,Just back from a light offroad drive. It just drove like any other 2WD MUV/SUV. GC is a bonus compared to hatch/sedan.
Also got a chance to push it through twisty roads. Nothing like Figo but no other SUV's in the range would be able to catch up!!
PrideRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 19:12   #5288
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,544
Thanked: 2,537 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkumar View Post
I have shortlisted following accessories along with Essential Pack
1). Cross Bars
2). Door Scuff Plate (non-illuminated)
3). Sporty Pedals
4). Cavity protection

Planning to get Under Chassis coating from 3M car care
Please share your views and do suggest if something better is available in the market.
Congrats Anil. Sporty pedal isnt all that good I guess. Many owners feel it's not comfortable to use. I like the cross bars and the front bumper applique. I have plans of replacing my roof rails with "Thule" cross bars in the future. As for the under body coating, get it done from 3M. Try if you can use their monsoon offer (if it's still available - paint protection and under body 1000/- off) .
naveen.raju is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 19:22   #5289
BHPian
 
Jude300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 147
Thanked: 286 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post
Yes I know the Plastic Engine Protector costs Rs. 6,250/- I went for the Metal Engine Protector which is more sturdy @ Rs. 8,851/-
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
But the pictures you have posted are of the ABS plastic guard for sure as I have the same one.I did not know that metal guard was available from the company .

Can you please post some pictures of the metal engine guard, I am really interested
Guys, The price got revised last week. The person concerned @ Chennai Ford informed this to me at the time of opting for accessories before taking my Ecosport delivery and said that the price of the engine guard is going to go up and so if I wanted to go for it, I should be doing it then so that I will get it for Rs. 5800 else he said that it will cost more than 8500 (revised price was not finalised then). But he said that it would be the same ABS plastic engine guard but with the revised pricing.

This is not metal though it looks like one. It is ABS plastic. Roy, please check and update whether it is platic / metal.
Jude300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 20:56   #5290
BHPian
 
penpavan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Blore
Posts: 350
Thanked: 101 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Ok. So now i finally meet someone who has rattles too. I get some rattles on poor roads on the front passenger side. Ford has not found the source of rattles at all inspite of my car being checked during first service and then me resending it since the rattle complaint wasnt solved.

Let me check the silver inserts.
Same here. It sure does squeak, irritably so.
penpavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 21:12   #5291
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 346
Thanked: 146 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnair View Post
Can you attach some more pictures of the bug guard. It is not available with dealers here and I am not able to make my mind. Do they have to drill or alter the bonnet in anyway?
Please see this post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3277748 (Ford EcoSport : Official Review) I have already attached the photos.
anumod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 23:03   #5292
BHPian
 
anks_at's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 118
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
1.The Ecosport is 3 Seconds slower than Polo GT TSI. Given that Polo is supposedly hot hatch, got DSG, slightly more powerful engine I expected it to be lot faster. Kudos to Ford!!
2. Narain just loved the suspension setup. No complains(Does not even mention) about the so complained Light steering. I guess the right way to conlude on Ecosport's handling characteristics is-"TRACK SUV".

Video apart,Just back from a light offroad drive. It just drove like any other 2WD MUV/SUV. GC is a bonus compared to hatch/sedan.
Also got a chance to push it through twisty roads. Nothing like Figo but no other SUV's in the range would be able to catch up!!
It looked like he was really pushing it on the turns in the video. That is certainly commendable enough for this car!
Just wondering though, were his tyres stock & which ones?
anks_at is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 23:12   #5293
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 85
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Does anybody else get the feeling that the headrest is not properly placed. I feel it is a bit towards the front.

The driver side mirror has a magnifier part towards the outer edge. This seems to cause some distortion because of light around.
Srinivas C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 23:19   #5294
BHPian
 
anks_at's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 118
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
Does anybody else get the feeling that the headrest is not properly placed. I feel it is a bit towards the front.

The driver side mirror has a magnifier part towards the outer edge. This seems to cause some distortion because of light around.
There was one similar complaint earlier in this thread. Somebody had said that his wife felt the headrest were too forward & uncomfortable. But most people are fine with it here, I guess. Did you try adjusting the height?

The outer portion of the side mirror shows a different magnification for giving you an extra wide look behind, much more than many other cars. That is a useful feature in the Ecosport.
anks_at is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 23:46   #5295
Senior - BHPian
 
tsk13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 270 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Finally after much of a debate within heart and mind, decided to go ahead with the Current Allotment of Ecosport Titanium (O) 1.5 Diesel Chill Metallic shade.

Eating Ford Customer Care's head quite frequently helped in the Allotment and further, PM's exchanged over Facebook with one of Ford US Customer Care Representative helped in escalating the matter. Letters were also written to few Departmental heads but yeah, got no direct response.

The Ford Guy gave me the last 7 digits of the VIN which determined it to be October Manufactured vehicle and got the Proforma Invoice via mail today as follows:

Ex-Showroom Price: 9,40,790
Insurance: 34,665
Extended Warranty: 14,990
Zero Dep: 6,025
Registration: 87,278
Logistics: 6,250
Essential Kit: 4,500
Body Care: 8,500
Park Assist: 24,645
TOTAL: 11,27,644

Now, I'll transfer insurance from my old car to the Ecosport hence, delete out the insurance aspect. Surprisingly, Insurance has 2 aspects in the Quotation, one being the basic quote and another 6,025 for Zero Depreciation.

What I plan to delete from the above are: Insurance, Zero Dep, Body Care (will only take Underbody Coating) and Park Assist.

Regarding Paint Protection, I shall avail 'Notorious' aka Jaspreet Singh's services since I can blindly trust him on this aspect. Regarding the issue of Plastics, I've had a word with Notorious and he's having some stuff coming in from UK which shall suffice for a good amount of time.

Further, how much of problem is it to Park with ONLY the Reverse Sensors and NOT Reverse Cam? I remember during the Test Drive, I had a tough time Reversing as the puny rear windshield didn't provide much of a view. Your inputs will be much appreciated as the question here is for a 25k Accessory, Reverse cam available outside for 3,500 or so (Don't plan to go for it from outside although).

I've repeatedly asked my SA for providing me the Complete VIN but he excuses every time and the reason I ask is because I don't trust these guys any more. Had it not been for a call from Ford to me, I'm sure the car would've been sold to someone whose willing to offer a Premium - 70k in Delhi, confirmed from a Financier.

The Car shall arrive by 10th November


Thanks a lot Sunilg33, Anks_at and Rajeev Raj for your inputs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
I recommend you to buy it now and enjoy the initial exclusivity.
The very excitement of buying will die down with time and hence, going ahead with the current Allotment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Go with your heart . There are so many people ( like me : ) ) who wanted this car but are unable to even book it. Your car is ready and in my opinion you should not let it go.
Even if I think about 2014, I do understand they already have their hands full atleast for the first quarter of the year!

Last edited by tsk13 : 1st November 2013 at 23:49.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car for Parents: Hyundai Verna vs Ford EcoSport vs Ford Classic vs Maruti Ertiga iTNerd What Car? 60 12th October 2014 07:53
Ford EcoSport DIESEL Review GTO The Indian Car Scene 0 31st May 2013 11:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks