Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2013, 17:19   #5491
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,167
Thanked: 2,936 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinr30 View Post
So as Murphy would wish, the delivery of my Blue Ecosport got stuck at Elite Ford, Bangalore due to a stupid policy that they are claiming i.e. you can only buy insurance from us and not for outside. I don't believe this shit but not willing to budge. Their quote of Royal Sundaram is 34.5k, while the online quote comes to just 20k, why would anyone pay additional 14k? And their own guys have no clue.

Have written to gm.sales@eliteford.co.in and write2md@ford.com email ids. Let's see if they respond.

Anyone else had the same experience and what did you guys do? What about the incidental expenses and standard fitments? Those also forced on all customers?
Please maintain your stand and you have done the right thing by involving Ford. The dealer cannot force you to even get the registration done from them, leave aside insurance. Frustrating to see almost all of them behave in such a manner.
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 17:26   #5492
VBR
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 24
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

My dealer just sent me this invoice. I questioned about the accessories and he tells me that it includes the Essential pack(read=mudflaps, floor mats) and road side assistance, and 3rd and 4th year "extended warranty". Is he trying to rip me off here? To all the Bangaloreans, did y'all pay 11.07 lakhs on road?
Attached Images
 
VBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 17:40   #5493
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bhopal
Posts: 282
Thanked: 350 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Ford dealers have gone mad. Here in Bhopal the dealer is telling only the onroad price. When asked about the breakup in a sterner note, the SA comes out with a small slip and lo behold the onroad price has Insurance + RTO + Extended warranty + accessories worth of 32K.
I said i don't need the accessories and insurance will be mine and will decide on extended warranty later. To which came an arrogant reply came that ALL of this is compulsory. Without these we will not deliver the car. All i said that please don't fool the customer.
I think their moto is "wash your hands in the Ganges till it flows.. who knows when it will change course towards a maruti or a honda or toyota."
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 18:35   #5494
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 44
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinr30 View Post
So as Murphy would wish, the delivery of my Blue Ecosport got stuck at Elite Ford, Bangalore due to a stupid policy that they are claiming i.e. you can only buy insurance from us and not for outside. I don't believe this shit but not willing to budge. Their quote of Royal Sundaram is 34.5k, while the online quote comes to just 20k, why would anyone pay additional 14k? And their own guys have no clue.

Have written to gm.sales@eliteford.co.in and write2md@ford.com email ids. Let's see if they respond.

Anyone else had the same experience and what did you guys do? What about the incidental expenses and standard fitments? Those also forced on all customers?
Insurance is a commitment from company. It should work when you really need it. Compare this with policies sold by private insurers Vs LIC.When it comes to reimbursement or paying back, Pvt companies avoid.

Better to buy insurance through a known channel(and from a reputed company) so that it gets easy when you need the service and reimbursements. Rememebr, you need dealer or service station support during the real crisis.

I am not advising to buy from dealer or pay more. But, take a calculated risk. I bought from dealer, as I thought it will help in building a relationship which may or may not help. But, its an investment.

Pl also check how much tax you have to pay on top of premium. Normally dealers quote complete payment and online quotes do not include tax to start with.

Last edited by Mallikarjun : 12th November 2013 at 18:37.
Mallikarjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 18:53   #5495
BHPian
 
srinath34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 250
Thanked: 99 Times
Default

Question to all Ecoboost owners: Could you let me know what vital components are covered under extended warranty since the engine is imported.

Thanks
srinath34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 19:05   #5496
Senior - BHPian
 
TaureanBull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Indore
Posts: 1,047
Thanked: 294 Times
Thumbs up Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
So they are offering a lower booking amount to you now?
Not lower but normal booking amount of 50k.

They even apologized for the behavior.
TaureanBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 19:09   #5497
BHPian
 
harpreetsubhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 203
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Ford dealers have gone mad. Here in Bhopal the dealer is telling only the onroad price. When asked about the breakup in a sterner note, the SA comes out with a small slip and lo behold the onroad price has Insurance + RTO + Extended warranty + accessories worth of 32K.
I said i don't need the accessories and insurance will be mine and will decide on extended warranty later. To which came an arrogant reply came that ALL of this is compulsory. Without these we will not deliver the car. All i said that please don't fool the customer.
I think their moto is "wash your hands in the Ganges till it flows.. who knows when it will change course towards a maruti or a honda or toyota."
Guys this is happening because of one big reason "Ford's pathetic customer relationship management". They have no control on booking sequence. Have no control on deliveries. Though I myself have bought a ford vehicle but I blame it all on Ford. They are still not out of the hangover of the success of their only car. You mail to Suzuki HO and they simply jump on to help whereas Ford's customer care is pathetic and below all standards.
harpreetsubhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 19:13   #5498
BHPian
 
blacksport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: bangalore
Posts: 522
Thanked: 459 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallikarjun View Post
Insurance is a commitment from company. It should work when you really need it. Compare this with policies sold by private insurers Vs LIC.When it comes to reimbursement or paying back, Pvt companies avoid.

Better to buy insurance through a known channel(and from a reputed company) so that it gets easy when you need the service and reimbursements. Rememebr, you need dealer or service station support during the real crisis.

I am not advising to buy from dealer or pay more. But, take a calculated risk. I bought from dealer, as I thought it will help in building a relationship which may or may not help. But, its an investment.

Pl also check how much tax you have to pay on top of premium. Normally dealers quote complete payment and online quotes do not include tax to start with.
Sorry to refute, sure the dealer would not be happy, but that does not change the nature of the insurance you took.

A Royal Sundaram insurance independent of the dealer is cheaper, but would work as good as the same insurance through the dealer.

And there is nothing like a spurious insurance that you cannot trust the online sellers.

Also, from my experience, online quotes include taxes.

I saved close to 20K getting my own insurance. That 20K, I can put to better use.

Never buy insurance from the dealer. If you like him a lot, give him a bakshish.
blacksport is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 19:15   #5499
BHPian
 
harpreetsubhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 203
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Ford dealers have gone mad. Here in Bhopal the dealer is telling only the onroad price. When asked about the breakup in a sterner note, the SA comes out with a small slip and lo behold the onroad price has Insurance + RTO + Extended warranty + accessories worth of 32K.
I said i don't need the accessories and insurance will be mine and will decide on extended warranty later. To which came an arrogant reply came that ALL of this is compulsory. Without these we will not deliver the car. All i said that please don't fool the customer.
I think their moto is "wash your hands in the Ganges till it flows.. who knows when it will change course towards a maruti or a honda or toyota."
Guys this is happening because of one big reason "Ford's pathetic customer relationship management". They have no control on booking sequence. Have no control on deliveries. Though I myself have bought a ford vehicle but I blame it all on Ford. They are still not out of the hangover of the success of their only car. You mail to Suzuki HO and they simply jump on to help whereas Ford's customer care is pathetic and below all standards.
harpreetsubhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 19:16   #5500
BHPian
 
JollyPope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 57
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Question to all Ecoboost owners: Could you let me know what vital components are covered under extended warranty since the engine is imported.

Thanks
As per the dealer, extended warranty covers only the engine and the gearbox.
JollyPope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 19:22   #5501
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 77
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Just my 2 cents. The Duster now is at the fag end of its life and badly needs a face lift. The clutch feels very hard and the steering wheel very vague. Pathetic after sales service The new improved duster face lift is down the corner, you might regret when the new duster zips by you. Advantages of the new duster. 1.better clutch 2.better looking alloy wheels 3.improved dashboard and instrument cluster. 4.better controls. 5.the audio controls are actually steering wheel mounted this time 6.and hope their pathetic after sales service improves
Hey thanks Ecosport_rules.... Any idea when is it expected ?
HighwayBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 20:54   #5502
BHPian
 
harpreetsubhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 203
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Guys in waiting for Ford Ecosport also consider the XUV500 W4 variant. The car is a powerhorse and ABS and EBD come embedded as default. And remember its a true SUV and a 7 seater car. My two cents !!
harpreetsubhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 21:03   #5503
BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 644
Thanked: 852 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBR View Post
My dealer just sent me this invoice. I questioned about the accessories and he tells me that it includes the Essential pack(read=mudflaps, floor mats) and road side assistance, and 3rd and 4th year "extended warranty". Is he trying to rip me off here? To all the Bangaloreans, did y'all pay 11.07 lakhs on road?
If the car you booked is a Titanium Diesel, then i guess price quoted to you seem right. I had paid 11.2x for my Titanium which came with Push button and keyless entry.
PrideRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 22:52   #5504
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 32
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
I have made up my mind to cancel my Ecosport booking. And buy a Duster.

Here's my story. I booked a Ecoboost Titanium Mars Red on 11 July at Chennai Ford and was told a waiting time between 3 and 4 months. Once 3 months were over, I started getting some bad vibes about the messages I was hearing from the SA and the CRM Manager.
-Son loves the touchscreen display in Duster(the dealer is offering a OEM replacement with a system that had CD, DVD, USB and aux in and can also play movies on the small screen .
Hey congrats buddy...good to see that you made up your mind. I am in the same boat...booked EcoSport and was told a wait period of 8 months. Wonder if they will take even longer. Having second thoughts and more or less the same considerations...poor suspension, less space etc. It's only been a month for me though...so I will wait another couple of months and then decide. In the meantime, did the dealer waive your cancellation fee? What's the replacement system Duster dealer is offering and for how much? Which version did you drive 85 or 110? Good luck with the buy...
Bluestallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 00:21   #5505
BHPian
 
nash13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: chennai
Posts: 33
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Does anyone know how to track shipment in aliexpress.com?? I dont know if this's the right place for this question but so many ecosport owners have bought so many stuffs from this site I thought someone could help me out here. I just cant track the items with the tracking number provided by the site.
nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car for Parents: Hyundai Verna vs Ford EcoSport vs Ford Classic vs Maruti Ertiga iTNerd What Car? 60 12th October 2014 07:53
Ford EcoSport DIESEL Review GTO The Indian Car Scene 0 31st May 2013 11:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:15.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks