Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2013, 10:15   #5551
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kerala
Posts: 83
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuspeaks View Post
Any takers for Pete's in Ecosport.Has anybody done it?
Will it effect warranty?
Hope you are talking about TDCi Mill. Ecosport has same 1.5L engine that comes with new Fiesta.
I have drove Peat modified Fiesta and it was fun to drive. I am not sure about the specifics of engine after the modification, but knew it was definitely fun to drive.
One more thing, For 1.5L TDCi Peats don't have a tuning box. You have to flash your ECU, which means you will not be able to fool Service people by taking out box and going in for service. Since its about flashing ECU, those guys will find out about modification the moment they hook up their computer :-)(Bye Bye Warranty..).
limited-edition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 11:15   #5552
BHPian
 
vu2pmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kozhikode
Posts: 92
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Hi,

Any update on the errors after the Sync Update? I have today managed to download the update, but dont want to install the same unless you guys have sorted out the issue..

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Mine is a diesel ecosport, Aug manufactured and I updated the Sync just last week. Even I have a feeling it's because of the update. Anyways, let's see what they have to say when I take it for service next week.
vu2pmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 11:24   #5553
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ved View Post
Also I wanted to know if 35000 difference between Titanium (MT) and Titanium+ gives me extra airbags, leather seats, keyless entry and touch start feature - is the feature list worth the extra money ?
Key less entry is 18000(sure)
4 Airbags are around 40000(not sure)
Leather seats minimum 15000(sure)

Now you do the math yourself


Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuspeaks View Post
Any takers for Pete's in Ecosport.Has anybody done it?
Will it effect warranty?
Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
Hope you are talking about TDCi Mill. Ecosport has same 1.5L engine that comes with new Fiesta.
I have drove Peat modified Fiesta and it was fun to drive. I am not sure about the specifics of engine after the modification, but knew it was definitely fun to drive.
One more thing, For 1.5L TDCi Peats don't have a tuning box. You have to flash your ECU, which means you will not be able to fool Service people by taking out box and going in for service. Since its about flashing ECU, those guys will find out about modification the moment they hook up their computer :-)(Bye Bye Warranty..).
I totally agree with limited edition.
In my opinion the only box which is safe and will not hamper warranty is diesel tronics.

1.dieseltronics cannot be detected during service or you can remove it yourself during service.
2.does not effect the ECU in any way as it is fixed just before the common rail.

I request other bhpians to give more inputs about their experiences with dieseltronics especially with long term reliability and adverse effect on the engine.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 11:27   #5554
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,544
Thanked: 2,537 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vu2pmc View Post
Hi,

Any update on the errors after the Sync Update? I have today managed to download the update, but dont want to install the same unless you guys have sorted out the issue..
Yes, I had updated my ownership thread. They were not sure about this. They found some error logs and cleared it. That's all. After that, it's all fine.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 11:40   #5555
BHPian
 
royfernandez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 63
Thanked: 86 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Yes, I had updated my ownership thread. They were not sure about this. They found some error logs and cleared it. That's all. After that, it's all fine.
Dear Naveen Raju et al, I downloaded the SYNC update about a month ago and it works flawlessly. The I-Pod tracks come on much faster - almost instantaneously without an message stating "Updating Tracks please wait" - earlier it used to take close to 3-4 minutes before the track would start playing form where it stopped. And further the Voice commands are much more accurate no more giving 2-3 choices. The Service guys at least in Chennai don't have a clue on the SYNC update and were asking me to lend them the USB which I had downloaded it. I have shared the SYNC update with another Ecosport 1.5P AT owner Mars Red who I met during my visit to the dealer and he I assume also does not have a problem otherwise he would have buzzed me.
royfernandez is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 11:48   #5556
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,544
Thanked: 2,537 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post
Dear Naveen Raju et al, I downloaded the SYNC update about a month ago and it works flawlessly. The I-Pod tracks come on much faster - almost instantaneously without an message stating "Updating Tracks please wait" - earlier it used to take close to 3-4 minutes before the track would start playing form where it stopped. And further the Voice commands are much more accurate no more giving 2-3 choices. The Service guys at least in Chennai don't have a clue on the SYNC update and were asking me to lend them the USB which I had downloaded it. I have shared the SYNC update with another Ecosport 1.5P AT owner Mars Red who I met during my visit to the dealer and he I assume also does not have a problem otherwise he would have buzzed me.
Good to hear that. This engine malfunction problem might be due to some other problem but in couple of instances few BHPians had this problem after updating sync. But anyways, I agree the sync worked flawlessly when it was updated. Voice activation was perfect and everything worked great. For the default system, the best bet would be to keep the interaction mode to "advanced" which will have less voice commands and more tone prompts. I use this now and everything happens quickly.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot-20131115-114546.png  

naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 12:09   #5557
BHPian
 
blacksport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: bangalore
Posts: 521
Thanked: 459 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
F.E. Update - 1.5 P AT
Today morning for the first time I chose to drive my usual route to office using the Sport mode with manual selection of gears. I managed a top speed of around 90 kmph on the 22 km drive, but mostly it was a lot slower through the traffic.
Let the pictures tell the true story.
The MID was actually at 14.6 when I reached the office campus, but then had to drive around the campus slowly to sort out a Parking problem (someone had parked in my slot), so it dropped down to 13.7 by the time I finally parked.

This is significantly better than what I get in the regular 'D' mode.
That's phenomenal. BTW, what was the route that you took? Am wondering where you can do 90kmph in Bangalore except the NICE road.

Edit: Sorry, just realised that you are not in Bangalore. However, would you mind telling us the kind of traffic you drive on?

Last edited by blacksport : 15th November 2013 at 12:34.
blacksport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 12:16   #5558
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Kollam
Posts: 20
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

So this means one should not upgrade Sync,but wait for service guys to do it when they can do it officially?
sanjuspeaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 12:54   #5559
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 35
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Hi Guys,

My ES Tit D is giving me a mileage of 13-13.5 in city as per the odo and I believe it having done some rough calculations of my own. I have till now done only 650 kms. I had reset it last time at 450 kms. My average speed has been 25 km/hr. I know that the mileage will improve later but I feel right now it is almost 9 points less than the claimed number.

My travel route is Domlur through Old Airport Road to CGI. This is a jam packed area.

I am hoping it will atleast give me 16-17 once the engine opens up.

P.S. - I am a very sedate driver. I used to manage even 12/13 km/l with my Santro in Bangalore heavy traffic.
Anand2712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 12:55   #5560
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Kollam
Posts: 20
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

My car is around 3 weeks old ,Sync does not take time to play bluetooth audio, I had not updated sync so far. Probably it is the latest version of sync that was already there when
the car was delivered. How do you know rhe version of sync that is installed and what is the latest one?
sanjuspeaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 13:06   #5561
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuspeaks View Post
So this means one should not upgrade Sync,but wait for service guys to do it when they can do it officially?
This is one thing I would definitely wait for the service centre to do it.More over it is working perfectly both with my galaxy note 3 and blackberry 9900.

Just dont want any malfunction pop ups which will get my confidence down
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 13:45   #5562
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 77
Thanked: 107 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Just my 2 cents.
The Duster now is at the fag end of its life and badly needs a face lift.
The clutch feels very hard and the steering wheel very vague.
Pathetic after sales service


The new improved duster face lift is down the corner, you might regret when the new duster zips by you.

Advantages of the new duster.
1.better clutch
2.better looking alloy wheels
3.improved dashboard and instrument cluster.
4.better controls.
5.the audio controls are actually steering wheel mounted this time
6.and hope their pathetic after sales service improves
My (fairly reliable) insider information from Renault says that the facelifted Duster will hit the Indian markets only in 2015. And any launch before will be targeted at the overseas markets.

And my SA says his friend who is a trainer at Renault(and would know if there is going to be any launch as they have to train the dealers and other downstream staff beforehand) says he doednt know of any such launch !

Any of you have any other insights? Urgent please - I have just paid the booking amount for the current Duster. Thanks

Last edited by HighwayBuddha : 15th November 2013 at 13:47. Reason: Added one more statement
HighwayBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 13:57   #5563
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 144
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
My (fairly reliable) insider information from Renault says that the facelifted Duster will hit the Indian markets only in 2015. And any launch before will be targeted at the overseas markets.

Any of you have any other insights? Urgent please - I have just paid the booking amount for the current Duster. Thanks
I think that the updated Renault Duster brings major changes to the European Duster, which had below-par interiors till now. The Indian version had updated interiors at launch and the new refreshed Duster adds little to the interiors to be worthy enough of waiting for 6 months (at least) more.

The exterior too gets mild updates in the form of a revised Grille, New Alloys, Duster embedded on the roof rails, etc. Again, it totally depend on you if you feel that the updates are great enough to wait for 6+ months.

When I cancelled my Ecosport last month, I considered all these factors too and came to a conclusion that with no certainty about the launch of 'mildly' updated Duster in India, I'd rather buy the car now and enjoy the ride, since I don't find the changes worth the wait.

Also consider the fact that there are some nice discounts on the Duster at the moment, which may or may not be present when the updated car launches.

So, you can weigh in all these factors before taking the final call, but in my opinion, you should go for the current Duster rather than waiting.
Abh1nav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 14:00   #5564
BHPian
 
roy_libran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 966
Thanked: 648 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by "blacksport View Post
Edit: Sorry, just realised that you are not in Bangalore. However, would you mind telling us the kind of traffic you drive on?

Here you go....
Name:  untitled.bmp
Views: 2039
Size:  506.1 KB

It's a mix of slow stretches, perpetually congested sections and some fast sections.
roy_libran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 14:31   #5565
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
My (fairly reliable) insider information from Renault says that the facelifted Duster will hit the Indian markets only in 2015.Urgent please - I have just paid the booking amount for the current Duster. Thanks
Waiting for the new duster will be worth only if it around 6 months or so.
If you are sure that the launch is in 2015 , you rather buy the existing model
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car for Parents: Hyundai Verna vs Ford EcoSport vs Ford Classic vs Maruti Ertiga iTNerd What Car? 60 12th October 2014 07:53
Ford EcoSport DIESEL Review GTO The Indian Car Scene 0 31st May 2013 11:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks