Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 22nd November 2013, 19:22   #5656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Problem : Switching on ACC by pushing the ACC button does not switch on the "Internal Circulation" mode. So it becomes a 2 step process. Solution : Switch on ACC by directly pushing the "Internal Circulation" mode button. Won't go into details but for those with ACC and struggling with having to push 2 buttons to get the ACC working right, this 1 touch solution works on my car.
Same here.! I too push just the re-circulation mode button and the AC starts in re-circulation mode. It's much more easier than pressing 2 buttons all the time.
sapeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 19:40   #5657
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
I just got off from a chat with ford customer care. The executive says that there is no anti-corrosion warranty nor a warranty on paint. Warranty is only for mechanical and electrical parts. Is it true?

And this in a car-buying world where others get multi-year paint warranty and even longer against corrosion.

If it is true, then why should India put up with this very bad deal? It's bad enough when I buy a pressure washer that I know carries a one or two year warranty elsewhere, and I'm told, "Warranty: six months."

We need to say no to this treatment. But the only way would be not to buy, and then we go without.

Hope it isn't true, but it wouldn't surprise me
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 19:57   #5658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

And this in a car-buying world where others get multi-year paint warranty and even longer against corrosion.

If it is true, then why should India put up with this very bad deal? It's bad enough when I buy a pressure washer that I know carries a one or two year warranty elsewhere, and I'm told, "Warranty: six months."

We need to say no to this treatment. But the only way would be not to buy, and then we go without.

I still hope that it is not true and I just happened to be connected to an executive who was new in his job.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-fordchat.png
blacksport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 20:05   #5659
Distinguished - BHPian

Since seeing your previous post I spent the last few minutes searching the Ford India site (in general, not just ecosport) and could not find proper specification of the basic factory warranty, just stuff trying to sell extended warranty and service plans.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 20:15   #5660
BHPian

Quote:
Since seeing your previous post I spent the last few minutes searching the Ford India site (in general, not just ecosport) and could not find proper specification of the basic factory warranty, just stuff trying to sell extended warranty and service plans.
Interestingly, Ford is providing 5 years (anti)corrosion warranty on Ecosports sold in South Africa. Isn't the South African Ecosport made in India?

http://www.ford.co.za/suvs/ecosport/...cations/safety
blacksport is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 23:29   #5661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohith99 View Post
I have query for the fellow Ecosport owners, I am planning for Under-chassis anti corrosion coating from 3M. Is it really neccessary to get it done if you stay in a place like Bangalore? I am really confused whether to get it done or stay away from it. Your inputs are much appreciated.
Quote:
I still hope that it is not true and I just happened to be connected to an executive who was new in his job.

Attachment 1169759
I agree with ACM for all his input regarding the underbody coating.

Just to add to that:
There are two packages from 3M and they include free periodic inspections
Schutz gold is the best product and comes with a five year warranty from 3M

You can see some pictures in my initial ownership thread

Last edited by ecosport rules : 22nd November 2013 at 23:31.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 23:37   #5662

Got Hertz tweeters fitted from outside(supplied by Mr.Srinivas Gopal).The sound quality is awesome now.But there is also this "burr burr" sound coming from my right front speaker for bass notes .It was there even before but seems to have increased now.Has anybody got a similar experience?Is it a general complaint or is it due to poor seating of the speakers in the door pad?This is more so while playing songs through bluetooth audio.Cannot think of removing doorpad again to check.
Suggestions welcome.
sanjuspeaks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 23:58   #5663
BHPian

Quote:
I just got off from a chat with ford customer care. The executive says that there is no anti-corrosion warranty nor a warranty on paint. Warranty is only for mechanical and electrical parts. Is it true?
Quote:

Quote:
Interestingly, Ford is providing 5 years (anti)corrosion warranty on Ecosports sold in South Africa. Isn't the South African Ecosport made in India?

http://www.ford.co.za/suvs/ecosport/...cations/safety

Please refer to wildon report it says 6 years corrosion Protection I hope it is talking about Warranty
anilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 04:17   #5664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuspeaks View Post
Got Hertz tweeters fitted from outside(supplied by Mr.Srinivas Gopal).The sound quality is awesome now.But there is also this "burr burr" sound coming from my right front speaker for bass notes .It was there even before but seems to have increased now.Has anybody got a similar experience?Is it a general complaint or is it due to poor seating of the speakers in the door pad?This is more so while playing songs through bluetooth audio.Cannot think of removing doorpad again to check.
Suggestions welcome.

Regarding hertz tweeters I totally agree with you on the greatly improved sound quality part.

I had that similar bass note sound you are describing from the first day I bought the car, but observed that it comes only

1)when the bass setting is too high or
2)the recording quality is low or
3)signal loss during bluetooth transfer or
4)the door pad clips are loose.

Also there is no relation between the tweeters and this increase in bass note because tweeters primarily handle treble.

As you have observed the increase in the distortion after the installation of tweeters ,please check whether all your door pad clips/pins were installed properly.(Speakers fix to the door and not to the door pad.)

Hope it helps
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 07:50   #5665
BHPian

Can you guys throw some light on HSRP (High Security Registration Plates). My dealer says, that they are not providing. Do we have some gov. Authorized shops in Chennai?
pkk_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 09:24   #5666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuspeaks View Post
Suggestions welcome.
I too face the same problem but noticed that this is evident when listening to one particular radio station. I used a USB and didnt find this issue. Even kept the bass to the max level to check the usb quality and it played fine.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 09:34   #5667
BHPian

Hi,

I updated my SYNC version about a week ago. No engine malfunction display hitherto.
I am not sure, if the voice recognition has become better after the update.
vu2pmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 10:40   #5668

Quote:
Originally Posted by vu2pmc View Post
Hi,

I updated my SYNC version about a week ago. No engine malfunction display hitherto.
I am not sure, if the voice recognition has become better after the update.
Same here. I updated my Sync version 3 days ago. Keeping a close eye on displays and warnings but no malfunction displays yet.

I hope you inserted the same USB drive you used to update sync and reported the update result (on same sync website). This is to ensure that your account has the right information about current sync version and suggest the applicable/available updates in future.
hemmmer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 14:24   #5669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Regarding hertz tweeters I totally agree with you on the greatly improved sound quality part.
.)

Hope it helps
When i approached a local dealer to get the Hertz ET 26.5 installed , he hesitated stating , it is not proper way with out a crossover unit

IMHO my understanding was in line with what he suggested , but then got confused when you stated that it is just a parallel connection from the Speaker terminal .

What is your thought on this ?

Last edited by ranjithrnair : 23rd November 2013 at 14:26.
ranjithrnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 14:41   #5670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
When i approached a local dealer to get the Hertz ET 25.5 installed , he hesitated stating , it is not proper way with out a crossover unit

IMHO my understanding was in line with what he suggested , but then got confused when you stated that it is just a parallel connection from the Speaker terminal .

What is your thought on this ?
Hi,

Its just a Parallel connection and enhances the sound quality by atleast 20 to 30 %.

There is no need of a crossover unit.

The model is dt 24.3 from hertz as the company person said there is some problem with the other model
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote