Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2013, 18:28   #5791
BHPian
 
techfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Leh
Posts: 273
Thanked: 137 Times
Default

Looks great.
What are the details?
Is a 1 ltr Petrol or 1.5ltr petrol or diesel model?
Cost?
Pete's website doesn't seems to have updated all this info at all?
techfreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2013, 18:54   #5792
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,200
Thanked: 472 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
There are a few here who have taken deliveries to of 1.5P. I am also keen on the 1.5P ecosport but Mumbai dealers also not taking bookings; looks like Ford prefers to push Ecoboost or a1.5D engine models, higher margins??
exactly, we are being pushed for the 1l eco or the 1.5d there are saying petrol 1.5 booking is closed.
at the sane time they have no troubles delivering the 1.5 petrol fiesta both have the same engine.
come on ford why all this drama for ??
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2013, 20:44   #5793
BHPian
 
blacksport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: bangalore
Posts: 522
Thanked: 459 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

exactly, we are being pushed for the 1l eco or the 1.5d there are saying petrol 1.5 booking is closed.
at the sane time they have no troubles delivering the 1.5 petrol fiesta both have the same engine.
come on ford why all this drama for ??
Ford does not make anything selling the 1.5P as they have to absorb thd higher excise duty.
blacksport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2013, 21:36   #5794
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NH209
Posts: 1,605
Thanked: 681 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Today visited a friend's garage and was surprised to see an driving school's Ecosport D. He said it belongs to a well-off guy and it was the ambient version and they had successfully paralleled the Clutch+brake to the front passenger side!

The vehicle has done just 2k km! Couldn't find a logic as to why an ES !?
ramzsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2013, 22:40   #5795
BHPian
 
pkk_84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 72
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Glad to inform you guys that I got my Red guy delivered yesterday. Good thing is its Good Year Tyres
Thanks a lot for all my Fellow BHPians for all your support.

Will post Photos soon.

Booking date : 1 sep
Delivery : 29 Nov
1.5D Trend Mars Red
pkk_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2013, 00:06   #5796
BHPian
 
harpreetsubhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 203
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
Glad to inform you guys that I got my Red guy delivered yesterday. Good thing is its Good Year Tyres
Thanks a lot for all my Fellow BHPians for all your support.

Will post Photos soon.

Booking date : 1 sep
Delivery : 29 Nov
1.5D Trend Mars Red
Congratulations dear. Cheers and enjoy.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2013, 03:54   #5797
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
Glad to inform you guys that I got my Red guy delivered yesterday. Good thing is its Good Year Tyres
Congratulations on your new ride and on the good years


Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
So finally it's out. Am sure many guys are waiting for this. Pete's tuned Ecosport with 17" Borbet alloys and a remap.
Thanks naveen that is the only thing pending on my list.
I was contemplating between petes or dieseltronics.

Please share more details
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2013, 10:14   #5798
BHPian
 
ranjithrnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TRIVANDRUM/BANGALORE
Posts: 155
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
So finally it's out. Am sure many guys are waiting for this. Pete's tuned Ecosport with 17" Borbet alloys and a remap.
Is that a re-map or tuning box ?
Looks awesome !
ranjithrnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2013, 10:37   #5799
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,547
Thanked: 2,540 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Looks great.
What are the details?
Is a 1 ltr Petrol or 1.5ltr petrol or diesel model?
Cost?
Pete's website doesn't seems to have updated all this info at all?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Congratulations on your new ride and on the good years




Thanks naveen that is the only thing pending on my list.
I was contemplating between petes or dieseltronics.

Please share more details
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
Is that a re-map or tuning box ?
Looks awesome !
Dont have much details. It's a remap that produces 110 bhp. 17" Borbet alloys and blistein suspension.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2013, 21:08   #5800
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 952
Thanked: 421 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Dont have much details. It's a remap that produces 110 bhp. 17" Borbet alloys and blistein suspension.
Brilliant! What Ecosport Tdci lacks is long legs to gallop on the highways and this remap should fix it if its for the Tdci.
Nilesh5417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2013, 21:34   #5801
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,790
Thanked: 7,458 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Nice to hear about re-map. Thanks to low sales of the Fiesta, this part remained untested pretty much. Would like the hear about the remap of 90 bhp TDCI. Please do get a dyno as well.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2013, 21:48   #5802
BHPian
 
ranjithrnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TRIVANDRUM/BANGALORE
Posts: 155
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Nice to hear about re-map. Thanks to low sales of the Fiesta, this part remained untested pretty much. Would like the hear about the remap of 90 bhp TDCI. Please do get a dyno as well.
From what i came to know , remap of the Bosch ecu for 1.5tdci is not as easy as the 1.4 tdci ( Siemens) as it requires bench flashing and can get easily detected by service center which may void the warranty ?
ranjithrnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2013, 00:10   #5803
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Kollam
Posts: 20
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post

Congratulations on your new ride and on the good years

Thanks naveen that is the only thing pending on my list.
I was contemplating between petes or dieseltronics.

Please share more details
Got DRLs with projectors fitted.Looks fantabulous.Lot of head turners.Excellent work by Mr.Srinivas.
It is awesome to be in the car now ,with such a superb music system(Hertz tweeters attached) and grabbing all the attention in the road with the lights.
My friend gave me a collection of all those Pinkfloyd ,Scorpions ,Defleppard ,Bryan Adams and other such collections which I saved in a pen drive and lo and behold Sync plays it when you ask for it.
Only hoped the suspension would have been a little more comfy.
FE shows 11.Just crossed 1000kms.
Attached Images
  
sanjuspeaks is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2013, 04:35   #5804
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuspeaks View Post
Got DRLs with projectors fitted.Looks fantabulous.Lot of head turners.Excellent work by Mr.Srinivas.
It is awesome to be in the car now ,with such a superb music system(Hertz tweeters attached) and grabbing all the attention in the road with the lights..
Hey congratulations sanju speaks
Seeing DRLs for the first time on a mars red, good choice of devil eyes too
His work is indeed fabulous.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
From what i came to know , remap of the Bosch ecu for 1.5tdci is not as easy as the 1.4 tdci ( Siemens) as it requires bench flashing and can get easily detected by service center which may void the warranty ?
Heard the same Ranjit.warrenty is my major concern

I am confused too.
Tuning box/remap is the only major work left on my car

Last edited by ecosport rules : 2nd December 2013 at 04:37.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2013, 10:10   #5805
BHPian
 
harpreetsubhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 203
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuspeaks View Post
Got DRLs with projectors fitted.Looks fantabulous.Lot of head turners.Excellent work by Mr.Srinivas.
It is awesome to be in the car now ,with such a superb music system(Hertz tweeters attached) and grabbing all the attention in the road with the lights.
My friend gave me a collection of all those Pinkfloyd ,Scorpions ,Defleppard ,Bryan Adams and other such collections which I saved in a pen drive and lo and behold Sync plays it when you ask for it.
Only hoped the suspension would have been a little more comfy.
FE shows 11.Just crossed 1000kms.
Hey sanjuspeaks ! Your DRLs rock buddy. Gives the car altogether a new cult look. Congrats.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car for Parents: Hyundai Verna vs Ford EcoSport vs Ford Classic vs Maruti Ertiga iTNerd What Car? 60 12th October 2014 07:53
Ford EcoSport DIESEL Review GTO The Indian Car Scene 0 31st May 2013 11:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:55.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks